MtG flavor, lore, waifushit, flakes and etcetera

Welcome to a thread where we discuss the backstory to a children's card game and make awful OC for the same setting. Expect the lowest quality of fanfiction and self-inserts in this thread. Remember, every snowflake is shit, especially yours and especially mine.

Previous thread: What happened in it? Some lore was discussed, the second sheets of the snowstorm and joke sheet were made and nothing of value was produced by anyone at all.

There's also a repository where someone is obsessively hoarding all of the OC we produce, whether it's a shitty snowflake planeswalker or a terrible story. Whatever you make, expect it to be saved. Here's the repository:
>drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

And if you're interested in discussing the lore that's almost as bad as what we make, then here's the latest MtG lore article featuring everyone becoming one'mrakul:
>magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises

Enjoy your stay and don't forget, all snowflakes are shit, especially yours and especially mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does Vronak get his own flake sheet?

He has that many flakes

There's not enough space on the first sheet, all of the ones on the second sheet were chosen entirely at random. It's coincidence, like so many other things that happen in these threads.

Because there's so damn many flakes of his.

I really like that idea actually, thanks.

Yeah, Serena is W/R from now on. Again if something truly silly happens to fix Innistrad she may become W again but I neither think that will happen nor do I really want it do, it's the only way this story could get dumber.

I just realised, you never actually did tell me what you thought of the story overall. I'd appreciate it because I'd like to write more about them if that's alright.

Thank you sir.

Well, when the next snowstorm comes, I say we should have a 5 flake maximum, barring joke flakes. Also no purple mana bullshit.

Agreed.

Maybe if you want to make a 6th flake you have to delete one of the 5?

Can't be enforced, plus people can just pretend to be someone else as long as they do it better than Desnak.

Tch, five.
I ONLY HAVE ONE FLAKE. AND SHE ISN'T EVEN FROM THIS STORM.

enforced tripcodes when posting flakes

If only we had a thread sleuth to determine samefagging...

How does that do anything to help? People can just come up with new tripcodes. The idea of such restrictions is just ridiculous. Let me people make whatever the fuck they want and ridicule them if it's shit.
I'm a little nostalgic over that, I admit.

We could always combine the storms and continue the stories of old flakes.

>Combine the storms
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
NO
no

No need to combine them, but people can write stories about old flakes if they want to, if they're interested in any of them.

I see lots of fun combinations, like fun blind girl times with Marjanah and Tharunya, fun orc times with Hondick and Thort, fun economic times with Calogero, Lawrence and Belloski, fun goblin girl times with Kixdle and Hilde, etcetera.

Kek

That would require getting the people who dropped out back. And I know some of them did so BECAUSE it was 'no old flakes at all', and then some did because of everything else going on, etc...

People can write stuff without permission if they like. I approve of people just doing whatever the fuck they want with this project, whether it's writing shit, making the worst snowflakes or bitching about other snowflakes.

I only get frustrated when people try to do stuff like shut down criticism entirely with the whole Chillbrass accusation thing, etcetera.

>Chillbrass
Yeah, that did get out of hand. But at least it isn't happening anymore, for one reason or another.

I'm also cool with people doing whatever they want, but I also feel this obligation to keep as many people happy with the storm as I can, y'know?

At the beginning, it was literally 'no using old flakes at all, snowmending happened they're all gone you obviously don't want to write about them anymore'

Okay, how's this?

Well, they weren't getting included on the new sheet. Doesn't mean no talking or writing about them, in my opinion.

I agree with this user. The sheet would be hell.

I enjoy the stories you have posted so far and you can use any of my flakes if you want.

Well obviously the easiest way to combine the storms is to just...repost the old storm when the thread gets remade. The new stuff is in two sheets anyways, now it's at three.

REPO UPDATED

MAKE SURE YOUR STUFF IS THERE

Also, Venn user? Do you have a snowsheet for Venn?

And this user Do you have a filled-out snowsheet for your flake?

I'm going to brag a bit and you can't stop me unless you point out the many mistakes I did
It got me thinking anyway. Had you had an actual education in the field you would be suitedto hte job of drawing. It is never too late to start eh.

You should replace the extra card in the repo with this, so the card for normal Serena is there too. Digging the 'Sorin FUCKING PISSED' reference though.

Murdock friend. See >I just realised, you never actually did tell me what you thought of the story overall. I'd appreciate it because I'd like to write more about them if that's alright.

Course I forgot the reason of the bragging.
Ahhh yes. I was rereading it now...
I don't mind it but I sincerely would like to see longer periods instead of many shorter ones. I appreciate some good Attic oratory when I see it but you shoudl tone it down a bit.

>Had you had an actual education in the field you would be suitedto hte job of drawing. It is never too late to start eh.
I'm regretting more and more not going into the field. It's just that art school is SOOO expensive. My sister, a very talented woman, went for just two years. And even with several scholarships, she came out $30K in debt and had no career to show for it. It's hard to get a job in art in my area (Midwest US). I'd have to move further out west (which I just don't have the money for). Still, I'd like to do SOMETHING with it. But where do I even start when other people in the industry that are my age have such a head start on me?

Fixed

Honestly what I love about this picture is the pose along with the horrors reaching for her over her wings, in the shadow of the moon. Also the fiery hair, that's metal af.

Yes, I was trying something new. A combination of me trying to portray her mental state along with remembering that I had issues with run-on sentences.

I remember doing art. I drew a picture of a fish and got an A. To be fair, it was a pretty cool fish. Such a shame that it was a fluke, I enjoy drawing but I'm genuinely terrible at it.

Man I have had many famed italian artists as my teachers. Some of them had 40 years of experience, some were just coming out of school themselves. One of the started drawing when he was thirty years old and ditched his job as a lawyer for that! There is no age to draw. I can understand the monetary issue, it was not easy for me as well, but it pays off in the long run.
I understood that was your intent, just tone it down a little bit. I liked the rest and would like to see more.

>backgrounds. I suck at those.
Are you american? If yes, I don't see the issue.

I suppose so. Still, I'm just not sure where to start. I guess if my job at this software development place falls through, I could always do some painting classes at my local community college. I need to learn how to paint and do color shenanigans badly. Also, backgrounds. I suck at those.

Sorry, I accidentally deleted the other post.
>backgrounds
>american
I get it.

user, you really have to stop posting mutated monster women like that.

My dick can only get so hard.

Well it is true that most of the american comics business favours characters and action scenes and cares little for the backgrounds. Mind you, in Fear Itself there's Stuart Immonen making very good backgrouns even in fighting scenes but it is not so widespread. While in french comics you have to do perfect backgrounds, say.
Also, if anything the first thing I'd correct about your drawings is the (common and understendable) hairy drawings syndrome.

>comics
Actually, if I went into art I was thinking about concept design. That would be swell.

Yeah I'd love to work for vidya concepts. However, work is work. That said,you'd need to be more sure on the movement of the pencil, it is clear that each line you do is made of several smaller line cause you are afraid to do a single long line.

You're one to talk, sketchy mcsketcherton.

Eh, I never said I am perfect, I just like to give advice to people that have potential and the will to use it.
But anyway, I was going to ink that so it was a "fuck being clean" situation.

It just feels like user hasn't been done with any of their drawings either. 'Cause it looks like he/she had a much steadier hand with this partially inked one

Okay so my fiancé would actually like me to do something with Rickert. I actually kind of like the idea, she swoops in fucking pissed to help save what's left of his village from Avacyn knows what. I'd like to know that when Serena is doing her purifying thing will Murdock fight with her or wait for fights to be over? I figure that she has no real reason to, she's sticking with Serena out of convenience for protection, she's not there to help her physically.

In any case I think it would be a good place to start with the warpath, my main concerns are that I want to see in canon what happens to the other angels before I write it so I can include some. Also I half want to have the humans mistake her for The Purifier at a distance and get scared, what with the spear and stuff, but I'm worried that will come across a bit... pretentious?

What do you think?

However you can see that the ink too is a bit insecure. It is a problem I still have too, at least with the brush. Using a pen to ink is useful for precision but leads to what' s called a "cold" ink that is generally considered less expressive then a "warm" brush ink. Of course there is people that do amazing things with pens as well but none of us is Arthur Adams here.

I'm ok with the second bit. About the help thing... I think Murdock would definitely defend herself if people attecked her, and suckerpunch another planeswalker that enganges SSerena in 1v1. She is not stupid, Serena is her best bet of comign out alive.

But if Serena was like 'Yo I'm going to fight a bunch of Eldrazi blob monsters, you in?' would she respectfully decline or help out?

Depends.
First, she's gonna try to stick around Serena given how everything else that is around her powerlevel has gone mad and hostile. Second, Murdock is starting to get pissed at Inninstrad and after another week she'd try to rip off Emrakuls' squid hear bare handed if faced with him. Remember that she HAS to stay on inninstrad, or so she has been told, so going away is not an option.

Righto! So rage powers combined? Sounds pretty cool.

Yeah just remember Murdock is all abuout not fighting fari. Of the spell list on her sheet you shoudl probably focus on Blind with Anger, Crushing Pain and Cranial Extraction to guess what's herway to handle fights with magic.

Oh aye. Serena's picking up on that, to be honest the leg+wing sweep she used to best Murdock was a pretty dirty move.

I was serious by the way about wanting to pay you money for stuff, I really like your art. If you can find a way to contact me out side of Veeky Forums. My avatar on everything is from So you'll know if you find me.

Tits could be bigger.
Intact why isn't this just a pair of tits with wings

Idk. Can tits have sparks? This is an important question.

If we removed the wings we could have more tits. Just saying,

But she needs those, for.. wing stuff.

I wrote a short something for spider mom. Just a thing to pass the time.

_____

The peasant was small, frail even. It was cold and wet. The storm raging beyond the cavern walls had not treated it well. It pawed about feebly in the dark, no doubt trying to find some small crevice, some warm little cranny to bed down its fleshy body for the night. How foolish.

It must have been desperate to come here, so far away from its little sun, so deep beneath the earth in this, Her domain. But the darkness was not its ally. It moved slowly and clumsily. It couldn’t see the threat above it, couldn’t hear the soft breathing of the natives. She almost wondered why it had strayed so far from the surface. Almost.

The meek thing tripped in the dark. It took it a moment to realize what had caught its foot. It seemed rather confused. ‘Why is the floor so sticky?’ she thought it might’ve said. She watched with relish as slow, horrifying recognition spread across the mammal’s face. It realized what it had grasped from the dirt. She smiled to herself. Really, she should tell the children to clean up after themselves. They were such messy eaters. And they weren’t diligent in picking up their leftovers.

Is Serena experienced in wing play?

>cont
The peasant let out a shrill cry, dropping the web and gore-covered femur from its hands. It slipped and fell backwards, back into a waiting pile of decayed viscera and crippled bone. That was the cue. Out from the walls and narrow tunnels, her precious babies came crawling, crawling towards the flailing warmth and tearful raucous. The poor thing. It had no idea what was about to happen.

It screamed in terror. Well, maybe it had SOME idea what was about to happen.

Mira turned away then, crawling back up into the higher chamber which served as her room. She listened to the cries of agony below, to the wet pops and slow squelching of her children’s feast. She listened until all that could be heard were the satisfied scrapings of teeth-on-bone. Timothy and Angela, two of her youngest, loved to suck the marrow dry. They’d be fighting over the remains by now, no doubt. She should really go down and break up their squabble. Mmm, but the rain sounded so nice through the stone, so calming. And instead she chose to settle down where she was, letting the quiet patter high above lull her to an easy sleep. Every mother deserved a break now and then.

>fin

It was fun to write something dark for a change.

Kill it with fire.

I haven't played Magic since New Phyrexia ended, so could somebody tell me why a white Kor planeswalker would summon Emrakul anywhere

Is Emrakul a good guy now?

magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/emrakul-rises

Serena is not experienced in much in the bedroom. But she is good at swordplay.

>Turned Gisela and Bruna into an eldrazi
No, he is not. Nahiri is a cunt. Sorin is a cunt. This all happened because they're both children.

Fun fact. Shit tons of fire is probably a good hard-counter to her web magic and creepy kids.

No, no it is not.
LONG AGO IN A DISTANT LAND (zendikar), Sorin and Ugin convinced Nahiri to lock the Eldrazi up on her plane and keep watch over them. About a thousand years ago, they tried to get free. Nahiri sent out the OH FUCK signal, but nobody came, so she dealt with it herself - then went looking for the other two, starting with Sorin, since she knew him rather well.
She found him on Innistrad, having just completed making the Helvault and Avacyn. He blew her off, she got mad, they played a game of Magic the Gathering as oldwalkers are wont to do, she started winning and so Sorin got pissed and threw her into the Helvault because how dare she beat his vintage deck. Both of them were acting like children. Fucking oldwalkers.
So Nahiri was stuck in the Helvault for a thousand years, trying to avoid (and failing) going nuts by imagining all of Zendikar in her mind and occasionally getting demons bumping into her. When the Helvault exploded, suddenly she wasn't basically a god anymore, and she went straight to Zendikar...only to find that the Eldrazi were free and that a large chunk of it was already eatten, which kinda made her snap.
So now she's decided that since Sorin's at fault for all of this (which he kinda is), that the first place that Emrakul should eat is Innistrad, instead of Generic Plane #53643, because Innistrad is the only thing Sorin gives a shit about.

These,again, are especially good imho.
Also duh, fire is a counter to everything up to eldrazi titains apparently.

"Of course you fight fire with fire. You fight EVERYTHING with fire."

Worked against Ob Nix too. Fire is the best, thank you based Murdock for showing Serena the light.

This has been "A word of wisdom", brought to you by Chandra Nalaar.

Incorrect.

Damn man. Jaya was so much better than chandra, hands down.
WHAT, you heretic.

Thank you.

I enjoy designing horrifying children.

>he doesn't know
OK TL;DR AND POST THIS WHEN A RETARD ASKS BUT Y DOE
>NAHIRI WAKES UP TO FIX HEDRON SEALS
>SHE GOES TO SORIN'S CRIB TO SEE WHAT'S UP BECAUSE HE AND UGIN WERE SUPPOSED TO HELP
>SORIN'S TIRED AS SHIT BECAUSE HE JUST MADE AVACYN WITH A SHITTON OF MANA
>SHE ASKS WHY HE DIDN'T HELP
>INSTEAD OF EXPLAINING, HE TELLS HER "I'LL TELL YOU LATER"
>INSTEAD OF SAYING "OK BRUH I'LL WAIT A BIT AND SEE WHAT'S UP" SHE GETS ALL UP IN HIS FACE
>INSTEAD OF SAYING "I BASICALLY JUST HAD A MANA BABY AND I'M WEAK AS FUCK" SORIN GETS PRISSY
>INSTEAD OF TRYING TO DEAL WITH THE SITUATION LIKE A RATIONAL KOR BEING NAHIRI DECIDES TO INSTIGATE SORIN
>SORIN SEES THIS AS A CHALLENGE AND FIGHTS HER A BIT BUT GOES EASY BECAUSE SHE'S BASICALLY HIS DAUGHTER AND HE JUST HAD A MANA BABY
>INSTEAD OF STOPPING OR ANYTHING NAHIRI TRIES TO FIGHT HIM EVEN THOUGH SHE CAN TELL HE ISN'T AT HIS 100%
>SHIT HAPPENS AND SORIN DECIDES TO PUT NAHIRI IN THE HELLAVAULT FOR BEING RUDE
>NAHIRI IS STUCK IN THE HELLAVAULT
>SORIN TRIES TO PROTECT ZENDIKAR POST-MENDING BUT RETARD NEWWALKERS FUCK THINGS UP
>SHIT HAPPENS
>NAHIRI GETS OUT OF THE NOW HELLA BROKE HELLA VAULT AND GOES HOME
>ZENDIKAR'S GETTING IT SHIT KICKED IN BY ELDRAZI
>DECIDING HER HOME IS FUCKED NAHIRI GOES BACK TO INNISTRAD TO GET REVENGE ON SORIN'S PLANE
>THAT WAS A YEAR AGO AND SHE NEVER THOUGHT TO GO BACK TO ZENDIKAR ONCE
>NOW EMRACOOL IS HERE BECAUSE NAHIRI THOUGHT SENDING A PLANE-WRECKING ENTITY IS A GOOD IDEA

AW SHIT.

I'M FUCKING ASHAMED OF MYSELF.

FUCKING CHRIST.

BURN ME NOW.

eyy bby could you finish reading through that thing? I don't think you'll have to do any notes on it, unless I manged to fuck up twice. I just want to know if it's ready to post yet.

I really hope I didn't fuck up twice.

>anticipation kicking in
What would it be?
>HELLA VAULT
priceless.

It's how Serena gets her spark.

Not yet. I'll read it now.

In the meantime, I'm going to spam an update to drawings.

I'm such a faggot.

Hanweir before and after.

"It is every citizen's final duty to go into the tanks, and become one with all the people."

Fuck you. It's been 5 minutes and I'm still smiling.

It's much better. My biggest criticism now is sudden tense changes. Sometimes half a sentence is in past tense while the other half is in present tense. If you clean that up, it'll be right as rain.

Gotcha, I think I've fixed my tendency to do that but it was still a massive issue back when I wrote that.

Sleep now, I'll have that fixed and posted first thing tomorrow.

That was chilling.

I like it.

>My sister, a very talented woman
You say your sister is talented, too? I don't suppose you have any of her art, do you? I love seeing new art from unknown artists.

You can't really tell because of the text in the way, but those hips are absolutely outrageous too.

And I love it.

I like hips. I won't lie.

Thank you.

I don't have anything recent of hers. The newest art I have of hers (digitally anyway) is from 2009, I think. But yeah, here it is.

I'm telling you, she's crazy fucking talented and makes me look like a fool. This is just an eye study she did that I remember liking and took a photo of. I'm incredibly proud of her and hope she can find a way to incorporate her art in her new career path.

So the Eldrazi won in Zendikar or it's up in the air?

Retarded shit like what you told me is why Yawgmoth should have won. He had an orderly kingdom with no Eldrazi and even the slivers sat down when he told them to.

You know, reading this, it occurs to me that if she really still has the dust of Ulamog's feeding on her when she's summoning Emrakul, Nahiri hasn't bathed in like a year.

I suppose she has admittedly only had contact with the other unwashed crazy people of Innistrad, but still. I guess Gisa's sense of smell probably gave up and packed its bags years ago, given her profession.

>This post
NOOOOOOOoooooo
NO
no
The Eldrazi got decimated by the Gatewatch, Magic's equivalent of the Avengers, made up by Jace Beleren, Gideon Jura, Chandra Nalaar, and Nissa Revane. Two of the three titans, Ulamog and Kozilek got roasted. Emrakul wasn't around to get rekt because Nahiri was pulling her to Innistrad. Any more retarded questions regarding lore?

Emrakul is alive and wrecking Innistrad.
Kozilek and Ulamog are dead thanks to Gideon, Jace, Chandra and Nissa who form a coalition of planeswalkers that call themselves the Gatewatch.

>Nahiri dies from disease after everything that's happened because she forgot being made of meat again meant hygiene was no longer a state of mind

P.S. Yawgmoth was a bitch and died like a bitch thanks to the autist known as Urza

Channel + Fireball beats eldritch horrors, didn't you know that?
Fire solves all problems. If fire isn't solving your problem, you aren't using enough fire.

Really, I'm not sure what we need Gideon and Jace around for.

Nissa getting hopped up on approximately all of the mana and then pimping it out to Chandra for unbounded fireballs seems like the only strategy they really need right now.

Jace figures out the problems because Nissa is a dumbshit and Chandra has the attention span of a toddler.
Gideon is both the face and the facetank - he's the only one with anything approaching social skills, and is the only one who doesn't crumple like a wet paper bag.

That's a good point. Gideon meatshields when three inches of dirty water isn't a concern, and his *cough* "charisma" is the glue that keeps this team together.

Even in the face of the ultimate mindfuck, Jace can't planeswalk away from his gay thoughts. Homosexuality does appear to be a blind spot in Memerakul's powers.

not homosex, love.

Nissa's a hippie
Gideon has a hero complex
Jace is autistic
Chandra has ADHD
Liliana is a sociopath

Why are we trusting these people with the fate of planes again?