MtG: Kaladesh Speculation

Now that wizards has thoroughly disappointed their entire fanbase by giving them exactly what was expected, let's look to the bright future!
Kaladesh is, I think, the perfect setting for Steamflogger Boss
Perhaps contraptions?

>yfw Steamflogger eventually becomes a $100 card after you've been sitting on 15 of them for a decade

All ready been confirmed to not be on kaladesh by maro.

Can't wait for Didgeridoo 2: Electric Boogaloo

Ditgeridoo is australian
Kaladesh is indian

Generic creatures that show up in all cultures...
Humans, Dragons, Spirits, Yetis, Giants
Artifact things
Golem, Construct, Thopter, more Thopters, even more thopters

Maybe something from Indian myths or animals near India
Rakasha, Naga, Elephant, Monkey, Tiger, Manticore?

Price speculation my boy.

Didgeridoo spiked in price before theros because minotaurs and price speculah

This. The fact that he did it AFTER speculators rushed and bought that shit warmed my heart and almost made me like him.

More powercreep green cards
Shit blue artifact creatures
Bordering unplayable red creatures that "care" about artifacts
A shit mechanic like injest
black behaving nothing like black
a white instant that gives target creature +1/1 for every artifact you control
a battlemech equipment like assault suit that is good in 1v1 instead of multiplayer
Lastly a legendary cat creature

Recently they even wrote an article that Steamflogger Boss is a joke card.

>Assemble N (You may pay N to put an artifact from your hand or graveyard onto the battlefield. Then sacrifice it if you don't pay its mana cost.)
>Contraptions are an Artifact subtype that have ETB effects

Come on, Wizards, this isn't too hard. You might need an errata on Steamflogger Boss to make it "assembles up to two Contraptions" instead but that seems acceptable.

No shit.
Maro tried so hard to not even let it through printing.
All they need to do is make "assemble a contraption" the first mechanic that doesn't have a one word name.
Example
When this creature enters the battlefield, Assemble a Contraption (To assemble a contraption, put a colorless Contraption artifact token onto the battlefield.)
Contraptions you control are equipment with "equip: 1" and "equipped creature gets +1/+1"
Stole this idea from another user in a Custom card thread, but you get the idea.

Seriously? I bought 4 of them for litteraly nothing for a fun deck just after Theros launched. Did the prices already drop at the moment?

Steamflogger faggots make me fucking livid. I want to scream.

Missed your chance. They're back down to 2 dollars each.

At least it's a haste lord in 5C changeling decks.

I've got a bold-ass prediction: I got Bolt coming back (at Uncommon) in Kaladesh. My reasoning:

1: There ain't no way they won't push Red on Chandraland

2: They have eschewed printing good burns in Standard for quite some time now. They won't even print Lightning Strike. And not only that, but Kaladesh will also mark the loss of Exquisite Firecraft, which isn't even that good. This direction has mostly been seen as Wizards shying away from good burn, but how I see it? I believe its so they can print Bolt without creating an overpowering Burn deck in Standard.

3: Bolt is one of the most iconic magic cards. Power Level prevents it from being printed often, but the presence of Bolt gets people excited. Getting people excited to crack packs just because they might get the new art of their old favorite in addition to the rare is a decent strategy that will drive sales without having to actually create value. IMO I believe, because of this, Kaladesh rares will be worse on average than other sets, but will have more bomb-ass Mythics than other sets to "make up" for it.

So I'm expecting Kaladesh is opened wildly at first but will cool down after the rares fail to bring value, putting us in a situation where we have Bolt but also two $40 PWs (With a $60 hyper-pushed Chandra)

Brief $5 spike and then crash.

bolt is dead user. red will be regulated to 2 damage or less unless they spend more than 4 mana to do it.
My source, snapcaster mage.

>There are people who legitimately thought they were smart when they bought Steamflogger Bosses for $4 each

There won't be rigger nor contraption creature types in Kaladesh, just like none of them were in Origin. Wizards already said Steamflogger is just a joke card anyway. Can't wait to see how much flogger will drop in price while card grabbers will cry crocodile tears for wasting alot of money on a worthless card.