Not Warhammer 40k General

This is a not a general edition

>Not the Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>Not the FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>Not 40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Not the Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>Not the White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>no Novels (not Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shh, don't let the shitposters know about this... this is the thread to talk about the 40k tabletop game.

What games are you excited about, what lists are you thinking about making, any cool kitbashes you working on, any neat writefaggotry in the works?

I had an idea for a fanfic for salamander bikers

i'm actually trying to work in a playful "nigga stole my bike meme" with the blood ravens

I have got SO MANY SPRUES!

Anyone know any clever uses for 20 empty plastic sprues?

Tank traps.

Hey that's actually a good idea.

I want a new army, eed to check how much of this I can afford.

start collecting, 2 more boxes of warriors, another raider, another box of reavers, scourges, incubi, a venom, talos, cronos, haemonculus and both dark eldar books.

I have a game on Saturday.

I'm trying to find a job so I can buy the rest of my army. I used my excess financial aid last semester to get my 1000 points of marines and I don't want to do that again.

THE POUND IS AT AN ALL-TIME LOW!

BUY FW NOW!

Beat me to it.

>What games are you excited about, what lists are you thinking about making, any cool kitbashes you working on, any neat writefaggotry in the works

I'm excited about Blood Bowl, a 6 man Kill Team campaign that starts next week, and CitOW - just got it.

Nothing super exciting. Last large scale 40k I played was couple 1850 games with Nurgle Incursion vs Tau.

Not working on any kitbashes, but 2 projects out is a crashed Stormraven using a manufactorum type GW kit, and a Stormraven kit with the Chapter House fuselage extension.

What's it at right now/what will it be in the morning?

1£ = 1.34$

I JUST GOT A FUCKING JOB. I start Monday. I'm going to use my money to start a whole army of Catgirls in power armour, courtesy of Horus Heresy 5.

Good to hear, hopefully it will be enjoyable.

If only the dolarydoo was strong.

>courtesy of HH5

are they in that book?

Salvo 2/4 Stormbolters with Shred

Would this make Terminators worthwhile?

Imperial Cults and Militia. You can obtain Power Armoured catgirls with the following:

Providences:
> Abhuman Helots(+1 Toughness, -1 Initiative)
> Survivors of the Dark Age(+1 to armour saves, gain an option on S4 Las weapons).

Then max out your troops as Grenadier Squads, which have 4+ armour native, which becomes power armour. You now have Abhumans in Power Armour, feel free to model them as catgirls.

Sweet. If I ever do Carchadarons I'll ally in some 30k sharkgirls for them.

Why not just make them Assault 4. It isn't like SB are strong.

Working on a orky looted sherman. Counts as mekboy junka. Whatcha think?

OP, I love you right now. No homo.

It needs to have some kind of turret. You should probably look into stealing one from another kit. It also needs lots of scrap plating to make it more orky.

Here's the pages for the Providences rule, you only get to pick 2 for each detachment. Also there's a few other things to note, in that this army is "BATTLEFORGED-MANDATORY", no unbound allowed with it under any circumstances. Then again this is the same deal with nearly all other 30k armies, most things just don't work in unbound anyway.

Here's page 1. The source of all the hilariously large customization for Imperial Cults and Militia. You can make literally anything with this army list.

I'm working on some writefaggotry. First one is some 30k writefaggotry about a Justaerian and best bro reflecting on the the changes the Heresy is bringing and if it's what they want. I can't do worse than BL with their HH stories. Theme for it m.youtube.com/watch?v=S-Xm7s9eGxU
And another 30k story about how my forge world getting one last middle finger from the Old Night before the Imperium makes contact with them.

Page 2 here: Cult Horde's great for melee armies, as Zealot Levee squads are hilarious, especially if you kit them for melee. It also permanently solves their army-wide low leadership problem.

But I would recommend Feral Warriors and Abhuman Helots if you want Pelager allies for carcharadons, to maximize your "RIP AND TEAR".

Killer Whale Ogryns, oh my god I'm gonna do it.

Share it when its done.

I just put in an order for a pair of these guys (and one with three-fingered power claws) to stand in for "The 60mm robot," either Kastelans or Castellax, in my Mechanicus list. Screw the dome head bots I'd need two boxes of, screw paying 60$+ per Castellax that I don't like very much.

Plus they look like giant, hulking Thallax to me, so they'll blend in well enough.

I love you, too. No homo

>screw paying 60$+ per Castellax that I don't like very much.

user ....

How do I fluff a Space Marine Chapter, Imperial Knight House and Imperial Guard mash up? Thinking about how Space Marine recruits from both Agriworld and Hiveworlds the latter two are based from.

Spruecron army.

Will do, user.

Does anyone else hear the transformers sound when they see this? I sure do.

They're kind of shit outside of certain very specific builds. The only way I've ever seen it work is if you go the route I did with Abhumans and SotDA, and run them as Max-size, 10 goonz with Carapace armour(Which then goes up to power armour). But that takes out a pretty huge chunk of your points.

So 10 Ogryns with toughness 6(Haha, not getting ID'd by a vindicator is great), and wearing Power Armour is the only way they're ever viable with the sheer base cost.

But that brings to a point of the sheer cost of deploying such a unit. With all of the taxes, you're setting yourself back 390 points for the base squad, plus more points so they can have decent weapons..

Then there's the tax of you MUST have a force commander to get the providences. 170 points for said commander to put the providences into play. Then the mandatory 2 grenadier squad(3 if it's your primary detachment) tax, which is another 195 points.

That comes out to 755 points to put killer whale ogryns on the table... In a cad. Allied detachment brings it down to 690. It all adds up pretty quick.

I think that would make them a bit too good on regular infantry, and this way Combi-bolters can be Assault 3, TL'ed, 18".

Sounds plausible

A shame. Regular sharks will have to do.

Have they spoiled the DEldar and Eldar start collecting boxes yet?

40K has a lot of mechanics that help close combat other than just making it the Instant Death phase, that simply couldn't work in a real-time setting. I think the strengths and weaknesses of actually being in close combat are pretty well balanced; the imbalance for stabby armies is in getting into range and pulling off a charge. If we could get them into melee more reliably, the existing Assault rules should be enough to keep CC in line with shooting.

WRRN WRRN WRRN

Yes, i dont know where though. May not be translated yet.

archon gives preferred enemy to units within 12, eldar gain twinlinked, blood angels get feel no pain and it will not die for a turn

Like allowing shooting units to smack you back in your own fucking assault phase? Get the fuck out of here, clown.

As I recall both kits are mainly useful for the models and not for the formations.

Those single S:U AP- hits are terrifying, aren't they?

Sad, dark eldar took a bad nerf lately and I hoped this would make them more playable.

Archon points at unit in line of sight and all units from the formation have prefered enemy against "That specific unit he pointed to"

>melee units have to pay out the ass for good weapons
>basic guns come with AP for free and cheap AP2

Thanks for proving the point.

In your bike squad, have an assault marine with standard backpack mounted on a bike base.
He just runs really fast, you know like Bolt...
Might work better for scout bikers.

Then another in the squad is just a straight up blood raven riding a green bike.
Always position him in front.

Same fucking hits the melee units are using. You just listed the stats for a chainsword.

You forgot the part where you get to sweep whole units off the table after killing a single model.

Still trying to paint these god damn fliers. Overtime has been too good at work and this much Yellow and White is actually the worst.

I actually started working on some of the writefaggotry I had on the backburner to avoid painting.

Also haven't gotten a game in for about a month now which is a bit lame. A summer campaign started at my shop which sounds fun and currently has 18 players. The owner even called me to ask if I wanted in but I decided not to since I cant guarantee I can make all the meet ups or honor all the matches.

Close combat units will have twice as many attacks or more. Boltgun and Chainsword on a Tactical Squad don't make a close combat unit.

Sort of like shooting half the squad and it can never regroup again?

>these faggots actually arguing that melee is as good at shooting

lol Veeky Forums

why bother having 40k discussions at all when they're all this delusional and shitty

Mfw the Z order I was going to place today (payday) will have just become much more expensive...

working on a exalted seeker chariot and regular chariot of slaanesh. i wanna get a game in soon. i'm thinking herald on exalted, lesser loci, exalted reward for eternal blade. just spam the fuck out of s4 and s5 rending attacks. there was a similar build in whfb involving a bsb but i don't remember what their wargear did

But Salvo would screw over the entire purpose of them being an assault weapon.

Okay, you're right, the problem with close combat has nothing to do with footslogging across the battlefield and a lack of effective Assault Transports that don't cost a billion points. The problem with close combat is that shooty units like Fire Warriors regularly stomp Assault Marines and Thunderhammer Terminators in the Assault Phase itself.

incoming noob questions:

gonna get into 40k, all i know is i want to get into orks but have no idea where to start.

just wondering if anyone can provide me with a basic 500-1000 point army list?

I want to work on my own list eventually but for now i just wanna figure out what models i need to buy, slap them together, play some games and then start working on tweaking and building upon my own lists when i get a bit more experience playing.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

It is currently at 1.37 to 1 on the dollar, which is a good drop from around 1.5

Buy now!

Get your self two boxes of gretchins to fulfill your troops slots.

Buy a truck to kitbash into ~3 Mek Guns. Will need more gretchin to man them.

Get a Battlewagon with a Pain Boy and Warboss with as many MechaNobz. OR get a Pain Boy and Warboss on bikes with like 10 other fucking bikers.

Either way your screwed.

Look into Space Odins codex or whatever its called if your group supports Home Brew. If you play at a GW prepare to be NPCd.

Why the fuck is it going back up from 1.32

>Okay, you're right, the problem with close combat has nothing to do with footslogging across the battlefield and a lack of effective Assault Transports that don't cost a billion points.

These are only a problem because shooting is OP and you're being shot at while doing those things.

well i'm not planning on going to GW, just gonna be a small group of mates getting into it so we're just playing for the fun of it.

i like the idea of bikes, seems like they would be fun to paint.

Cheers for the input.

I know those things are problems, that's why I'm working on solutions to them (). But the actual assault phase, you know, the part where your stabby guys get to turn the tables and steamroll the squishy shooty guys, is not broken. Which is why solutions to make close combat balanced include always being able to charge (though sometimes at a disadvantage) and having more reliable charge range rolls, and not making Chainswords AP1 or making units that have been assaulted unable to fight back.

Well nerfing their ability to charge from around a corner to safely avoid shooting sure and removing their bonus attack from sacrificing a hand to hold a pistol isn't the fucking solution.

Terminators can still assault, and the idea that two Boltguns glued together will make an easier to handle weapon is dumb. Further, Storm Bolter as an assault weapon is just awkward. You already have pistols and Combi-bolters if you want a shooty CC upgrade, and a Salvo Bolter gives the sergeant something it lacks; a dedicated shooting upgrade.

Salvo on a stormbolter doesn't really change much considering what you normally find it on I.E. Vehicles. Sure it's also on vanilla terminators but they have relentless so it doesn't really affect their ability to charge things. If anything it might make Stormbolters more varied compared to regular bolters which it pretty much is save for the whole "assault" weapon type as opposed to rapid fire.

You're designing a weapon around one unit, the opinion that its dumb doesn't matter, I think the fact you don't stack cover and armor saves is dumb.

Salvo is a horrible weapon type. Assault is what they need to stay as. If we want to make Termies better they need to be able to take multiple AC or TML.

What are you talking about? Open up your rulebook and you'll see that charging without Line of Sight to the target is currently impossible. Making it possible is not a nerf, no matter how many drawbacks it comes with.

And speaking of drawbacks, the only additional drawback added to Disorganized Charge as written by GW is a penalty to Initiative.

Simply charge with one model giving LoS. This limits overwatch losses to one model, but the rest get in the charge for free.

His change would make everyone out of LoS lose their charge bonus.

You shouldn't be nerfing assault at all as it stands, regardless of other buffs. You don't nerf the underpowered shit. And if you can't figure out the los thing you're just a bad player.

>Terminators get two Storm Bolters
Was that really so hard? No diicking around with weapon profiles find on other units required.

Question then, if the only model with LoS dies, does this prevent the whole unit from charging? It sounds like it would if he was also the only one able to charge to begin with.

LoS is only checked when declaring a charge or firing overwatch. Please don't have rules discussions if you don't know how the rules work. This is why the generals are always so shit and the discussions turn into "are you stupid" and "well at least I'm not a WAACfag" or "Tau aren't even OP".

That works.

>His change would make everyone out of LoS lose their charge bonus.
Disorganized charge is handled per unit, not per model. If at least one model has line of sight, nothing changes.

There are no nerfs in there. Charging through difficult terrain gives I-2 instead of I1, everything else is stuff that flat out wasn't possible before.

Can you really not understand how insanely good charging out of Deep Strike after Running is? Or Consolidating into combat?

Eh, fair enough. Just seems like something that would get brought specifically to deny someone a charge anyway.

Effectively a 10% discount on FW now.

>blood angels get feel no pain and it will not die for a turn
Any sauce on this? I was thinking of fielding the formation in my next game.

>blood angels get feel no pain and it will not die
So it allows them to be iron hands for a turn?

That would necessitate adding some sort of Multi-tracker equipment and widespread remodeling.
I literally outlined why the change made sense for non-terminators. Either actually read my posts or don't bother responding.

Only Grey Knights are really negatively hurt by the change, but they could either get their own Angelus Boltguns analogue or have Hammerhand grant Relentless.

Salvo is a fantastic weapon type, and we need to see more of the high rate of fire Heavy Weapons transitioned to it.

Already ordered. I've been socking away a few bucks here and there for months for a couple FW pieces, glad I waited now.

if you wait a bit longer maybe they'll start taking nuka-cola caps

So uh... for anyone not in America or the UK, how will Brexit being confirmed happening affect our hobby? The sterling's plunged by like 8% already in a matter of a few hours so we're looking at cheaper prices perhaps, but then the trade taxes might counteract that.

I'm scared.

>Sanguinius is so inspiring tanks repair themselves at his mention

How is +T -I catgirl?

Farseers givs twl to the fire prism only.

All you need to know is IT'S HAPPENING.

I'd like to order but I'm a nutter who doesn't like paying for anything online and none of my FLGS will order FW for me.

>maybe sempai will notice me

Well if Britain plans on benefiting from all of the good trade deals that are currently in place for EU members then it will have to agree to pretty much everything they were all ready agreeing to.
If they don't agree to the terms they will likely lose most current trade agreements which would fuck their economy.

I tried that too user, my FLGS's owner is a bro tier Rogue Trader grognard, but even he can't get Forge World to plz gib. Such is life. I think it's probably just an inability to move product with most FW stuff, though there's probably some bullshit corporate component, or maybe they just can't swing wholesale prices from FW's warehouse.

So basically, prices will go down but the tax to buy anything across borders will become skyhigh in an effort to chastise the UK?

This does mean that you can go to the UK for cheaper since your money will go farther (god knows the pound was very strong just yesterday..), but moving to the UK will now be quite prohibitive I think. Coming from another EU country, now I'll have to jump through hoops.

Fortunately FW is going to have their stuff sold in GW stores soon, so maybe your LGS will be allowed to as well!

Ah well, c'est la vie.

The store I go to to the most doesn't have discounts for new customers, but I go there so often to buy stuff that they've started giving me the employee discount on in-store purchases and orders.

It's nice.

Pretty much I expect the biggest change to be between EU nations meanwhile countries outside the EU will likely only see the difference in the strength of the BPS.