CYOA Thread

Previous Thread: Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/Frxx5
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best option is to ring all but the Egyptian cat bell at the same time.

Assuming it's all or nothing, do you still ring them? I'm kinda leaning towards yes, honestly. Egyptian cat bell sucks but the pros might outweigh the cons, here.

I guess I would, but the Egyptian cat bell is really just a negative.

This is the best option in my book.

The othere story shows if you ring the egyptian cat bell and everything but the souvenir, you hook up with the girl who has $12 million. Making you both have a combined net worth of $24 million.

Posting Quiet's Urban Fantasy teaser for London.

BREXIT YES

Name: Brenhin Halcyon

Perks: Overcome x2

Curses:
[07]Asexual (Neutered)/[16]Insomnia/[23]Ego/[28]Inhuman/[35]Cowardly/[42]Apathy/[47]Unsettling/[55]Animal Foes/[65]Sacrifice

Total Points: 122
Power Source: Experimental

Changes:
[127]Emotional (Dulled)/[123]Physical (Perfect)/[117]Mental (Enhanced)/[102]]Life (Prime: Age 11)/[112]Memory (Fresh Start)/[117]Spiritual (Magnet)

Gifts:
[107]Telekinesis (Precision/Power)
[097]Pyrokinesis (Control/Source)
[087]Healing (Self Service/Miracle)
[087]Vitality (Painless)
[077]Athleticism (Raw Power)
[071]Barrier (Permanent)
[065]Weather Control (Precision)
[058]Mechanics (Inner Focus)
[038]Mind Control (Flawless)
[021]Pain (Fatal/AOE)
[016]Future Sight (Clarity)
[014]Tongues
[000]Familiar (Spirit Animal: Raven/20 Points total)

Familiar Name: Percival
Familiar Gifts:
[16]Mind Reading
[14]Empathy
[12]Invisibility (Ghost)
[06]Interference (Targeted/Destructive)
[02]Apportation (Pocket Dimension)
[00]Dowsing (Specific)

Guardian: Ally (Joseph Harrison)
Home: Riverfront East
Students: Derek Wright/Scarlet Manning/Anna Ramstead
Adults: Joseph Harrison/Charlie Hedden

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>Whatever "cure" my parents had injected into my system, it wasn't some ordinary acne treatment that's for sure.
>Skimming through what remains of my parent's research notes that I could grab before disappearing into the night from that "accident", I find the ingredients of this cure to be quite interesting.
>Water blessed by the holy grail, genetic samples of fae and eldritch origin and a large composition of unidentified anomalous substances, quite interesting indeed.
>Even my birth name is fascinating, Brenhin Halcyon; Brenhin the name of a mythical Welsh king and Halcyon, the genus for the kingfisher species of birds. Kingfisher? Fisher King.
>And whats more intriguing, my dreams grow evermore lucid and wild lately with visions of my youthful visage unravaged by time and beauty unconcealed by earthly cloth sitting on a throne holding sovereignty over all of humanity and everything that is eldritch.
>Is that what you have prepared for me father? Am I the accumulation of a millennia old prophesy foretelling the return of a dead king?
>So be it Father. But something tells me you if you weren't so pitifully mortal and dead right now. You wouldn't be so happy to see the way I plan to rule my unworthy and insignificant subjects.
>All hail the Fisher King, who rules over life, death and everything in-between.

It's fucking stupid yeah but dang, they're leading so far.

A bit distressing, but, I mean, only 4% of the votes are in, so...

I hope it goes through. Staying in the EU would be foolish. As Churchill said, “If Britain must choose between Europe and the open sea, she must always choose the open sea.”

yall fucked yourselves after letting the rich make a decision for the majority. Really fucked yourselves in the 60s joining the EU,or as it was previously known, The Higher Power.

I mean, I've got next to no say in this business, seeing as I'm an Amerifat bastard, but if the UK wants to leave the EU, let 'em lie in their own bed.

This whole business is a pain when everyone I know keeps bitching like I can do something one way or another.

Now you know how we feel every time we see your election news.

Kind of ridiculous how spooked the 'Leave' folks are on Veeky Forums, as remaining is in no uncertain terms more beneficial, but simultaneously I kinda wanna see what chaos will be unleashed if they actually leave (the absolute madmen)

>TFW Amerifat and also hate hearing about American election news

Oh look, a CYOA.

How did that get here?

Didn't we have this talk the other day about how the refugees are making people hate all Muslims, even relatively sane ones like you? There's a reason for that, and the EU is hellbent on importing as many as possible. It's better for Britain, and hell, you, that they leave.

Oh look, an user. How did that get here?

Wrong thread, leftist faggot.

>Beri
>Hibiki
>Kit
>Box Wine
Daily life with monster musume CYOA authors.
I don't want to end up taking too much, though.

Ay I'm not the country who started attacking and insulting Belgium through the BBC after the bombing in Brussels a while back to make the EU seem incompetent.

This vote has been planned for a while. The movement started with the government and the citizens are dumb for supporting it, when it's just going to damage their economy and quality of life.

What is Bliss's description based on? It doesn't make me think of him at all.

>Damage their quality of life
Not as much as millions of Syrians would.

But leaving the EU doesn't give them control over the Syrians, because the EU would just force the UK into taking refugees anyways to trade with them.

So Britain loses a good position in a powerful economic union, and the EU loses the nation with the second highest GDP in it. And nothing else changes.

You're a bit delusional if you think the EU is going to be able to do that to everyone they don't like.

But you're dragging this out too far don't you think? It's not on-topic even remotely.

Long story short, I don't know bliss and based it off the picture.

What are you talking about?
/cyoag/ stands for /brexit general/, after all.

This is Veeky Forums, /pol/ stuff is standard regardless of thread topic.

Needs more CYOA... I'll dump some.

More CYOAs

Name: I don't remember... John Stillwater.

>Power Source: Old God.

>Emotional: Fixed (40)
>Physical: Perfect (36)
>Mental: No change (36)
>Life: No change (46)
>Memory: No change (56)
>Spiritual: Susceptible (66)

Curses
>Phobia (The Dark)
>Phobia (The Water)
>The Voices
>Inhuman
>Animal Foes
>Addiction (Smoking)
>Insomnia
>Sacrifice

Total: 127

Gifts
>Telekinesis: Power
>Pyro: Control + Catalyst
>Future Sight: Clarity
>Mind Control: Functional
>Mind Reading: Deep Dive
>Psychometry: Muscle Memory
>Levitation: Flight
>Healing: Self Service + Miracle
>Teleportation: Quick Step + Indirect Sight
>Interference: All
>Pain: All
>Possession: All
>Curse
>Tongues: All
>Invisibility: All
>Vitallity: All

Guardian
>Nobody

Home
>Riverfront East

Allies (Same Age)
>Leah
>Scarlet
>Danny

>Quiet making builds
Neat.

Checked.

Anyway more CYOA's, Gifted is next.

>these waifu descriptions

I don't think the author of this has a good grasp of each cyoa author to characterize them properly at all.

That'd be me, I don't.
Anything else?

My only suggestion is you should probably ask us what we think the cyoa authors are like and do some general research on a topic before churning out an cyoa as fast as possible for headpats and (you)s.

But ultimately you can do whatever you want.

Name: Vincent Althauser

>Powers
Strength
Necromancer
Heal

>Partners
Kyur & Kyab
Re

>Plot
Husk Army

Vincent finds that the dead are often more useful than the living, and the conditions of Dusk City are a boon for any aspiring ghoul. His motley army of undead are armed with weapons provided by Re's power and their numbers create a screen that allows Vincent to get in melee to use his Strength to batter down foes. Every Husk that falls is reanimated and the horde grows.

Kyur & Kyab provide subterfuge and information gathering with their powers and stay away from combat. Besides weapons for the walking corpses Re's Chains hold down mobile foes for Vincent and the dead.

I did.
I was mostly ignored except pics.

we, the authors, are already going to Veeky Forums hell for picking a name. Were not so egotistical as to choose our own pics and descriptions. Do not worry, were happy with the results. (painter and italics got screwed in the picture's, but they enjoy it, so all good) Sure the descriptions aren't 100% accurate but others are spot (quiet, hibiki, scientist, italics, beri are pretty spot on)

Good work.

Sincerely, someone on the list and friends with the others.

Because the vast majority of people in /cyoag/ assumes that you've been here long enough to know what the most popular cyoa authors are like.

For example: Bliss prefers to make fantasy cyoas and cyoas centered around political intrigue, all other genres doesn't interest him. He also likes experimenting with different mechanics, like making rolling more appealing in cyoas (that Kingdom Crusher cyoa) or implement a stat system that doesn't just encourage min/maxing (that black market trading empire cyoa), He also fucking loves lewd shit.

SDA is pretty obvious, he's an unapologetic asshole who loves redheads and anal. SDA likes designing more realistic and "gritty" cyoas, gritty in that all the options that he gives to the player makes them only above average in terms of power and capability relative to the cyoa setting and not outrageously overpowered or Mary Sueish. And he strongly believes in diminishing returns the more upgrades or points invested in an option.

Lurl or Spessrefugefag, is great at establishing settings and characterizing hundreds of companions at a time, however he's problem is he absolutely fails at balance, making sure each option can't be exploited and implementing stats (Titanlands cyoa and to a smaller extent earlier versions of Spess refuge cyoa had some teething issues due to wording).

I can go on and on but, its kind of pointless now.

i am intensely curious in hearing more and I'm sure it helps other user out.

I've been here for a while but some just elude me.

Scientist from my point of view treats cyoas like a building your narrative and story, overlord and necromancy cyoa exemplifies this and even the old dragon cyoa has a bit of a story to it, there is a broad generalized plot that explains why the player is given the set of options offered and it is up to the player to either continue the plot of the story in their own way, or outright ignore it and make their own story. He mostly writes fantasy cyoas and has a bad habit of procrastinating for months and years at a time, posting WIP and permanently shelving cyoa projects due to a lack of interest.

Italic can really build a setting and also excels at characterizing companions both waifuable and nonwaifuable varieties. What he really fails at is formatting layouts for his cyoa which takes up a ridiculous number of pages, horrible cropped and irregularly sized pictures and nonexistent borders and using a shitty font for everything. In addition to putting too much emphasis on his world and companions in his cyoa and making all the other options and mechanics seemed tacked on in the last minute.

Italics also seems to have vanished into thin air. When the fuck is he going to post that Pokemon Personified update?

Italics is trying to update like 3-4 of his cyoas simultaneously. Give him a break, he'll probably appear later in the summer.

Eh, I suppose I'm just a little upset. He said he was going to post it Tuesday or Wednesday, and he didn't. Anyway, someone post the Familiar CYOA, the drive only has the ants version.

would have probably helped to have looked at bliss' cyoas and based it off of those hehehe.

drive version is fine you just have to download it with the menu buttons before you can see it at full size

NEW BUILD!!!!!!!!!!

>Magical

>Inhuman

>Cult

>Endurance 3
>Durability 3
>Immunity 3
>Mind Reading 3
>Mind Control 3
>Self Healing 3
>Social Enhancer 2
>Flight 1
>Stealth 1
>Elementalism (Fire) 3
>Self Improvement 2 (Free cuz Cult)
>Enhanced Senses 1 (free cuz Foes)
>Reflexes 2 (free cuz Foes)

>Reputation (Feared)
>Safehouse (Rome)
>Identity

>Satan
>Lindsey Reyes

>Fiona Dawley
>Derek Hall
>John York

>be Wiccan doing witchy ritual in woods with binfire
>ritual actually works!
>demon arises from fire and asks who wishes for dark powers
>everyone afraid, I hesitantly raise hand halfway
>demon smiles and demands a sacrifice, last witch remaining receives dark powers beyond imagination
>grab hatchet we used to chop wood for bonfire
>become last witch remaining
>granted powers beyond imagination.....

>deals with demons suck
>I look like a demon now
>have demon voice in my head always giving advice
>following advice leads me to cult of super elites like the President
>Cult makes me their interrogator and has me do other missions
>have to participate in rituals that aren't as fun as Wiccan ones
>Lindsey thinks she's a fan of demonic stuff and moves in with me and helps me
>but she's innocent and doesn't realize how bad it is
>how did Derek even get into the cult? why do I have to constantly do missions with him? STUPID DEMONIC DEAL!!!!
>have to dodge nosy reportes too...
>genuinely scared of John York, but I have pretty powerful magic and might be able to take him directly...
>...after destroying everything he cares about first

I just want to leave the cult, get rid of the demon and start being normal and not evil! Is that to much to ask!?!?

jesus fuck the pic for animal foes is more terrifying than any seagull has the right to be

D.VA is going to be my roommate

That pic makes me think of Falls From Grace.

There's also Dr. Divergent, a cyoa author that doesn't appear here anymore. He's claim to fame is Powered Armor cyoa and to a lesser extent the first successful werewolf/werecreature cyoa. During the old days before pvp cyoas got so much hatred, pacyoa was the definitive pvp cyoa that all other pvp-esque cyoas were compared to. It had stats, a cornucopia of options, and so many ways to exploit and abuse the system to get your overpowered min/max'd build working, from designing armours that flew at relativistic speed s to accumulating shields on top of shields to get absolute invincibility, it had it all and encouraged people to discuss about the cyoa, experiment and come up with even crazier builds and agree upon establishing their own rules to prevent people from breaking the system which eventually lead to their own wiki, their own thread, rp system in development as well as quest threads.

The problem with Dr. Divergent was after witnessing what pacyoa became due to a lack of all balance and the sheer faggotry of designing by committee the pacyoa threads devolved into, he became obsessed with tightly controlling his own cyoas and making sure no exploits were possible. This happened to the werewolf cyoa, the earlier versions exploited taking a huge number of drawbacks based on never transforming at all or transforming only once and remaining in were form forever, people liked the earlier versions for their degree of freedom and uniqueness of the options, but he updated and hamfistedly nerfed that cyoa continuously until all the options were all generic and bland and felt nearly identical in what they did beyond one or two special abilities specific to certain wereforms but so underpowered they were seen as being completely useless.

Keep going. I'm interested in hearing your take on the rest of the people on that cyoa.

Great, now I need to make a new build to rape your new build.

Actually, I may be going crazy there. Let me go ahead and dump Royal Revival, got it from the bin too.

Yep, definitely going crazy. Stupid small doc sizes...

you are fascinating. I am jotting this all down in a document. Please user, continue, your narrative descriptions interest me. I didn't even know dr made pac.

would you mind posting his werecreature one? or was that the one with 1 page and 2 fanmade pages?

Did he do the 3 page PA one and not that teamwork pdf one?

Would someone mind dumping the Familiar CYOA anyway? The drive doesn't include part 4, and might not include the rest either.

Hi, Angel.

if i had it user. hes working on updating it anyway so soon? probably not soon.

I'm going to post version 2.0 of his werebeast cyoa, the most popular version before he gutted it and remade everything.

Jason Whitting, 16
Source: Genetic
Changes: Strengthened+7, Deformed+10 (scars all over my chest and a burn scar over my neck), Enhanced-6, Reset-5, Knowledge-5, Magnet+5.
Curses: Unsettling+5, Phobia+21 (Pigeons, Claustrophobia, Fleas), Animal Foes+8, Insomnia+9, Lust+8 for my fuck buddies, my insomnia is there for a reason. Total points 87.
Mechanics-3(Inner focus-4), Charm-3, Blessing-4 to bless the cream pies, Friend of Nature-3, Tongues-2(non-verbal-1), Vitality-3(Immunity-3,Painless+3), Athleticism-4(Raw Power-6), Teleportation-4(Quick step-4), Healing-2(Self Service-5,Miracle-3), Pyrokinesis-3(Control-3,Catalyst-2,Source-5), Telekinesis-4(Precision-2,Power-3), Future Sight-2(Relevant-1,Clarity-3), Barrier-3(Permanent-3,Wide-2).
Home: Yarrow Falls
Guardian: Leah Dawson's family, I am trying to keep her from selling her soul to the devil by accident.
Student Allies: Kate Fox, she was looking up Leah's family and started asking about her till she met me, Adam Wiley, Leah met him in the library and introduced me too him (I may be used for science experiments), Peter Blake, found him hunting when we were attacked by a mutated bear. Still looking into what did it.
Adult Allies: True Original (Aliens, my original family was abducted before I was born and accelerated their evolution so I came out with stronger powers then the both of them combined, after I got my powers under control mutant animals started attacking, me and my parents split up to try and draw them away from each other, but I was blinded by a bright light before I could escape. When I can see again the Alien part of the family gave me some abilities and a power crystal in case of emergency, and a warning that some space mercs have started hunting me and my parents where taken out (we were a part of a enlightenment program, the people that hired the mercs disagreed about my existence), they sent me to Yarrow Falls to gain allies to assist me in my survival.

>binfire
Yup that's exactly where this build belongs, into the bin and set on fire.

I never played Planescape, but I've seen her talked about here and Googled her. She seems like a neat character, unfortunately I'm forced to be more evil for this build...

Ew no. >trying to rape someone who has "Nothing is Off Limits" mind control powers...

Hi SDA!Do you like my new build? Did you make a build for newest Super Soldier?

It's supposed to be "bonfire"! And what's wrong with build?

Reminder that CYOAs should NEVER be wider than 800px

As proof, the Royal Revival at 800px width:
imgur.com/a/Frxx5

thanks

Beri is literally the prodigal son among cyoa authors, out of every single author that had the misfortune or privilege of posting their OC on this thread, Beri is by far the most successful, popular and prevalent of them all. Beri's greatest strength as an author is that he understand his audience better then anyone, he understand that a majority of posters on /cyoag/ went lewd and waifu content and he also acknowledges that many of us WANT to make cyoas but don't have the guidance or motivation to try. So he satisfies the former with a huge compendium of waifu cyoas, every waifu option customizable AND possessing all the traits a lonely depressed and horny idiot on the internet could ask for from a perfect 2D girlfriend from their most vivid wet dreams and he satisfies the latter with the genie gallery cyoa series, 25+ pages of options with images contributed by anonymous fans and option descriptions written on the fly solely on the what is depicted in each accepted and approved image spiking thread attendence to peak levels every time genie gallery holds its image request periods. And above all of this he delivers his cyoas on time and on schedule with regular updates on massive projects. He is /cyoag/'s favorite author present and for the near foreseeable future.

Go fuck yourself, I like 'em at this size. Easier to read, and I don't have to lean in for it.

Looks like shit captain. I'll stick with 1200 thanks.

Pencil dick CYOA

Hi there, Beri.

Thank you for your agreement.

continuing True Original backstory.
Thus they sent me to Leah's parents as they were allies to my star faring parents and that the spirits they use in witchcraft are space anomalies, my friends after that have yet to learn this fact), Inheritance, my parents left some money for me just in case.
On to the actual Adult Allies, I didn't notice that I started perks before the allies, my bad. In any case I will take Henry Morris because he has a bunch of random artifacts and a probable Deus Ex Makena in the closet somewhere, also the only source for actual supernatural information that Leah, Kate, Adam, and Peter can use to keep up on how to defend themselves. I just beat the shit out of them until they are the size of a meatball the burn it to ash. Then I will take Eric Strickland because I came to him with information about what is going on incase any mutants get away from attacking me or my friends. Done. Now how did I do. I am waifuing Kate Fox by the way. Fucking a spooky loving nerd girl into a puddle is muh fetish.

too small captain, feels squished, lose's immersion.

Beri is way too humble to talk himself up. He's legit one of the nicest people in this thread.

>800px
This has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard here, and we've collectively said really dumb shit in these threads.

wind the night wind
patron ashriyar
faction the sidereal order of trismegistus

portal magic 1
counter magic 2
scrying 2

Agreed. He doesn't even visit us (much) in the creator corner much, too busy, doesn't need advice, doesn't want to spoil his cyoa's to anyone.