Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/wings-of-flying
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-of-the-bat
d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/ascension-games-llc/nightblade
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Chelish_noble_titles
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Link to current Paizo General /pfg/

Okay, /pfg/, what is the dumbest character that you ever played that you had an absolute blast playing?

Swashbuckler//Phytokineticist//VoP Serpent-Fire Adept Monk

The character was retarded, the build was retarded, and he was bottom-tier in a game where the rest of the part was min-maxing.

But goddamn if Lord Fisto wasn't fun as fuck to play and shockingly useful and resilient.

Kitsune enchantment sorcerer with no sense of right and wrong that I played in a oneshot. I used feeblemind on at least three bosses, one of which was a demon that immediately went on a braindead animalistic frenzy.

I haven't gotten to play many characters, unfortunately.

Does anybody know if Reloading Hands can be applied to Siege Weapons?

Path of the Hellknight leak when?

>mfw last thread
>mfw this thread
>mfw past few threads

Well, I'm suffering writer's block anyway, guess I might as well just go to bed and see if the threads are any better tomorrow.

Also, SPYMASTER'S HANDBOOK WHEN?

Question /pfg: What is your favourite outfit for a character that you've been able to realize in game?
[Spoiler]Pics if you have them?[/spoiler]

So.

An open question.

What would your IDEAL class be? Feel, mechanics, anything like that. What would be your 'perfect'?

Next week, user.

What.

In the description for Griffon Mane it says it costs 10% less for a magical flying ability, but I can't find a magic flying ability you can make.Can someone link me?

A Rogue that had full BaB, minor magic stuff like the ninja does, and full SA progression. If it actually had some unique stuff that gave it utility, that'd be great.

I am looking forward for more info on all the orders
QANON our saviour answer our prayers

Fighter with some minor casting or gunslinger that does not suck ass

I want a Fighter with more feats.

A GOOD warlock that plays like the one from 5e. Having level-less spell slots gets me sexually aroused.

Would I be out if line to mention Spheres for the Fighter? You can feat into spheres fairly decently.

Is 185~ acceptable Nova damage for a level 6 character?
I can deliver it once per day as a pounce attack.
The bare minimum it would do would be 174.

The attack rolls are all quite high, ranging from +18 to +23, so all attacks should land unless catastrophic dice-related failure occurs.

No, that's pretty unacceptable.

D8 hit dice instead of D6s is also pretty erotic.

I don't know what spheres are tbqhwu famalamslamjamma

Probably referring to the "spheres of magic" content that overhauls the entire Pathfinder magic system into something considerably less convoluted than it's current implementation.

Unfortunately it doesn't really do much to keep magic from completely trivializing non-magic characters. In some cases it actually makes it easier to achieve god-tier status.

How high should I be aiming at this level?
Keep in mind that's 5 attacks being done by a falchion that crits on 14-20 and has a crit modifier of x3. A crit would deal 94 damage minimum.
There's also a 1d3 Bite at the end.

In the unlikely event that all of 'em crit the minimum damage would be something akin to 470.

mechanically you could make it one of these things
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/r-z/wings-of-flying
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/c-d/cloak-of-the-bat

Spheres of Power is an alternate, spell point based casting system. And you can feat into it with a moderate degree of capability.

Tools that allow the emulation of noted MOBA champs, because those characters tend to have interesting tools for tactical combat.

In the 60s range should be more acceptable.

Probably a flying carpet, too, although you'd need one of the bigger ones before you're getting more than a real benefit.

Does Spheres play nice alongside normal casters in a game? I really like the concept, I just don't want to throw out the baby with the bathwater.

Yyyyes it does?

Okay, I had to miss last thread and most of BJ's visit, but, real talk time.

I've been inviting other devs here for two reasons. One is that /pfg/ has previously expressed a desire to see more developers drop by. N. Jolly and BJ are not the first I've invited; they /are/ the first two to accept. As a general rule, I invite someone when I've seen a positive or semi-positive reception to their work; mainly, this is because "Hey, this corner of the internet thinks your work is shit and that you're shit for writing it," is a really hard pitch to write.

The other reason is also simple: 3pp has to stick together. Our margins are so tight. We face difficulties in doing the thing we love doing, and the only folks that really understand are, well, other 3pp devs. So we help each other out. We show respect. We try not to step on each other's toes. We don't shit-talk each other's work. The folks I brought here, I brought here because I felt they - as DSP has - could benefit from your honesty, expertise, and sickeningly swift return time on providing data. I wanted to help.

I know that me and my team are guests here. We are, by our nature, apart. Despite the latest spats and difficulties, it seems like we're still welcome. If we're not - if you'd rather we go - we can go. This is your place, and I'd like to respect it. It'd be a shame to miss out on the data and the fun times, but that's not really my call to make.

You folks helped make one of my childhood dreams a reality. I don't think I ever get to stop owing you for that one. I don't express enough how much of a help you've been in our testing process, to say nothing of the folks we've been able to hire for their skills. I appreciate everything this community's done for us, for me. I know my team does too.

Thanks for your time.

>470 damage on all crits
Holy shit how bad could you be I was dealing 155 damageper on a non crit with a X5 crit modifier and crit on a 10-20 per attack with 12 attacks and a 1d12 unarmed strike at the end at level 4

>This is your place, and I'd like to respect it.
Kek no it isn't, Veeky Forums is a public forum. Stay if you like, autists are gonna be autistic no matter what happens. Don't worry about it.

Yep. The base book aven has a theurge-type prestige class between vancian and spheres, if you were so inclined.

Right now we're testing it out with spheres replacing out and out arcane/divine spellcasting but alchemy still working as normal, and psychic magic.

The latter mostly because the Occultist is a favorite at my table and too difficult to convert to the spheres system right now. We ultimately decided it was actually kinda nice that Psychic Magic isn't just Arcane Magic in a different dress.

Is that it?I figured there was an enchantment that I could put on my swag ass cloak that was like half my level 1 budget.That's 90% of the reason I got it

Wait, 60 per hit or 60 total?
'cause 60 per hit is a lot of damage, and I have no idea where to get that much.

How did you manage that? I'd like to pick up a few things for my build from you.
I have half a mind to think you're not being serious, here, actually...

Nice, that's what I like to hear. Truthfully my favourite part about 3.5 was all the heterogeneous class mechanics and the variety you get out of it.

It's what came up in a google search for "flying wings", sorry. I lack the item knowledge.

Yeah I wasn't serious

60 total. Going so high you oneshot the 'tough' enemies just means enemies start getting fatter and harder to hit, which your party won't much like.

Daily reminder that QANON is secretly into the tentacles.

>This is your place, and I'd like to respect it.
That's like saying someone gets the rights to a google search. Anyone could come here, literally anyone, and they'd be within their right.

Well, I intend to keep that as a trump card, and only uncork it when we're in absolutely dire straits.
I'll probably wind up using it to pick up a rock or something, as that damage is the result of a +20 STR boost that lasts one round and decays in big chunks.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/ascension-games-llc/nightblade
This is kinda something like that.

Nah seriously dude. Y'all scratch our backs, we're glad to scratch yers in return.

>You folks helped make one of my childhood dreams a reality.
IT'S A CRITICAL HIT TO MY HEART!

I'm depressed and want to homebrew. I've decided to whore myself for what ever /pfg/ wants. Go on, what do you guys want? I'll see what I can do.

>+20 Str boost
>level 6
What?

Gareth, my nigga, don't assume shitposters = everybody. Its far more fun having you guys here than not. You're more than welcome here anytime. I mean, it IS a public forum and all. Hell, you've been here so long you're practically an institution. It would be weird without you.

We're all shitposters here, we just shitpost with multiple different opinions. Like incubi love

Synthesist Sylph confirmed for optimal waifu.

It's fine.
Shitposters and autists come and go, but a lot of /pfg/ believes in 3pp goodness.
And hey, we may be a faceless mass of idiots perpetually yelling at eachother, but at least you're in here with us, huh?
As a wise man once said, "The place may be a dump, but it's OUR dump!"
You're still my favorite, G

I guess I'll get those wings, as the drawback of the bat cape isnt very good
A flying enchantment that my group will not immediately ban, but is worthwhile

Gestalt, my friend.
Gestalt.

wait, source?

Initiating beguiler archetype

>You folks helped make one of my childhood dreams a reality

I'm not a fan of DSP's stuff personally Gareth but I think you're a cool dude

Just remember that its very easy and consequence-free to shitpost and trolls get high on the (yous) they receive, that's just the way of life on an anonymous internet board

Initiating archetypes for Cavalier and Swashbuckler. That'd fill the gaps of martials that haven't had homebrew one's I've seen around.

Certain angry assholes aside, the discussion and feedback is an important part of design, and it's ... rather obvious to us when it stops being a part of it.

Additionally it makes the poorer ones of us who feel guilty about not being able to buy everything feel a little less bad about it, since we can tell ourselves "hey, at least I spent several hours going through this document with everything I had, maybe I helped a bit!"

An engineer/machinist/tinkerer class with a complex system for crafting all kinds of fantastic gadgetry that allows for a number of diverse but effective playstyles and builds. Also a construct companion.

>it's ... rather obvious to us when it stops being a part of it

>laughingOccultAdventuresDevs.jpg

Yeah, but how? Even then I'm struggling to figure out how you'd manage a +20 strength boost for only a single round.

I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to be sorry or proud of that abomination I made using the Autoloader.

okay but has anyone looked at recently?

>Cavalier
Just play a Hussar
>Swashbuckler
Just play an Einhander Sentinel Warder or Dex-based Warlord

The autoloader is your friend.
The crossbow is your friend.
Fuck those devs that say bow only.

FUCK OFF SHILL

Why would we? This one wasn't made by raging manchildren.

?
No fuck off if you want to talk about 1pp content then do so here you don't need a whole separate thread for that

Oh, I see, it's just being posted in my raging manchildren now.

+4 morale from Rage
+4 alchemical from Mutagen
+4 profane from Brutal Strikes (Brutal Slayer archetype for Stalker)
+8 inherent from Blood Reservoir of Physical Prowess
=+20
I said it decays in "big chunks," not that the whole thing only lasts one turn.
It drops to +12 next turn, then to +8 two turns after that, then eventually Rage runs out, leaving me at +4, and finally an hour later the Mutagen runs it's course and we're back to normal.
It seems like it all checks out, though I may have missed a clause of some sort somewhere. I'm no expert.

I think you guys might be amused by what those bird-brains are doing.

So, after the Unchained Rogue and Vigilante being surprisingly solid releases, does anyone think there's actually some hope that Spymaster's Handbook might be good?

This thing. It's a mix of 3pp and 3.5, granted, but goddamn.

Yeah, that seems legit.

Hussar's don't have orders. I guess I could find some minor class feature of the hussar and have it able to be swapped out for an order. And I guess swashbucklers are shit but the gap is slightly annoying me. So long as it could be ported to Legendary Games' swashbuckler rework it'd be good.

That's obviously a succubus (male)

Does anybody know the titles used by Chellish nobility and their respective ranks?

Variant multiclass (cavalier)?

They're pretty interchangeable

No, little cuck, incubi and succubi are two separately statted creatures.

Succubus and Incubus actually mean the exact opposite thing, so not really.

I'll give them a look.

I'll see what I can do.

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Chelish_noble_titles

Succubi can shapeshift. They're male if they're male.

I like druids

I don't like shapeshifting into animals as a concept

Will it fuck me hard if I just ignore it for the druid I'm making? Is there an archetype I should consider?

Also, what are you guys' favorite druid archetypes and why?

>working on fighter fix that doesn't involve initiating
>not sure if /pfg/ would care since not initiating

Just killed the first boss, got about 30K gp, I'm level 4 and want to boost my heavy crossbow because right now its not even masterwork.What do I get?

I'd listen, user.
I'm bored and waiting for the rest of my group to log in for our game night.

Succubus means "to lie under" and incubus means "to lie upon". If they're topping they're an incubus, if they're bottoming they're a succubus, regardless of gender.

Sell heavy crossbow.
Buy a minotaur double crossbow enchanted with endless ammunition

Well, the Elemental Ally druid swaps out Wildshape and most of its animal-related stuff for an Earth, Water, Wind, and Fire Eidolon set...

That's in language. In Golarion, "succubi" and "incubi" are two different species of demons. iirc they BOTH shapeshift.

>original latin definitions mean anything.

This man speaks truth.
Minotaur-Double is the only good crossbow anyways.

Why?All I get for that is a -4 to hit and a slight boost to damage

>oh yeah, shops will totally have a weapon used exclusively by Minotaur in shops. Especially one that doesn't even have a listed price.