Age of Sigmar General

>resources
pastebin.com/gBN0SUrK

Three rules of one edition

Old thread
Praise the user, for the early leak!

Seraphon op as fuck.

Can Flesheater Courts still do endless "summoning" in matched play?

are the Protectors and Decimators the same points as the Retributors?

What do you think came first, SCGT people testing with GW then making their points based on GWs? Or GW using a lot of SCGTs points and tweaking them?

well we do know they were planning on a system for matched play from the beginning, but we don't know what it was. They were probably working on their own points, but then they saw how well the scgt was being received and the feedback it was getting, and with their new initiative to open back to the community, they thought "why dont we use a system that was working?"

During the sgct tournament, some GW reps were live tweeting from it and they were talking with the TOs about how they ran things.

I don't see this as a weakness on GWs part, I see it as them putting value in their customers.

No, Summoning only allows you to define part of your list mid game, you still have to use points to buy your summons.

Like if you put 400 points aside for summons you could summon 400 points of weenies or 400 points of BEEF but not both and once they're gone they're gone.

Unless we have missed something about the summoning rules, summoning also lets you bypass unit type restrictions. If you have the points for it, you can summon it. Already have the max amount of behemoths in your army? Doesn't matter. If you have enough points, and access to the spell, you can summon another one.

It certainly looks like a risk-reward decision, since if you are unlucky, or your wizard is killed before he can use all of your summoning points, you could end up with a gimped army.

what was the account(s) the GW reps were live tweeting from?

I dont know. I dont do the twitters and i only heard that they did.

So I heard something about Formations costing points now?

So, I played Brettonians in 7-8th edition, then took a break during sigmar. How good are Bretts in Sigmar? Is it worth getting the rest painted and ready to go or is it better to invest in one of the newer armies? Bretts seem cool, what with Peasent bowmen looking beast, knights kicking ass on the charge, Trebuchet being a murder house again and paladins being monster destroyers. But I'm worried they will be left behind by this new stuff, what with Dragon Calvary, Bloodcrushers, Griffon knights, and all the other shit on the way.

Basically, Bretts were THE Calvary army of Fantasy (at least thematically), is it better to stick with them or jump on newer shit and leave the Lady behind me? If I stick Bretts I want to feel like I'm not gimping myself to easily in this new version of the game.

Yep. We don't know yet how they play in the army restrictions, but it's likely you buy the units within the formation as normal, then to get the formation benefits you pay the points

check out The batalions on the bottom are all formations.

Brets got the update they were dreaming of, but it came in during AoS, much to some bret players chagrin.

We dont know the points on them yet whether they are good or bad, but they play like you think they should, and that's important.

Really curious to see what price the Pestilens and Moulder units are.

I wonder if Giant rats will be the mainstay,

Do we have any idea how adding more men to a unit affects the points cost if at all? I'll field at least 6 Gutter runners for backfield harassing, but if i can just have 10 then fuck it i have the models

I need to clean, base, and assemble silver tower by this weekend. Am I gonna make it?

You buy models in batches.

Like 5 liberators are 100 pts, or something. I forgot.

Then you can go 10, 15, or 20, costing 200, 300, and 400 pts respectively.

You can field only 7 liberators, but you still have to pay 200 pts. So no longer buying individual models within units. Also option like command and weapons and such you don't pay for anymore.

Can Death units bring back slain models or does that count as "summoning"?

I heard you were talking shit

>How good are Bretts in Sigmar?
Very good, one of the top tier armies

All 3 of their unique characters are amazing, the Trebuchet is one of the best artillery pieces in the game, and all their knights are devastating.

We'll see how they fare after points are introduced.

If include your 4 groups of skeletons, You have your two battle lines before you spend the rest of your points on Nagash and Mournguls

With minimum batch size being the min unit size?
Fuck i called that.

I knew i would want 6 Gutter runners as they come in units of 3.

Some units like plague monks have strangely low minimums like 5, so they hopefully don't cost much when you'll want to field at least 15

>With minimum batch size being the min unit size?
Yes.

Good to know! I'm super glad to hear that! Now I feel less hesitant to bring them out of retirement.

Can you still run a VC Blenderlord in AoS? If not, any other Characters in Death capture the same feel?

I was thinking about going Daemons.

Anyone play Slaanesh? How are they?

The Flesheater Courts (strigoi + ghouls) have really powerful hero vampires that get even more ridiculous with the right battalions

Mannfred is also a beast. He heals 2 wounds in every combat phase that he kills a unit and he ignores the first wound he receives each turn. He is also a Wizard that can give himself Mystic Shield. Very tanky mother fucker.

Amazing.
With a full slaaneshi force you will have an incredible speed-most of your units run and charge, have a decent amount of attacks and generate extra attacks on the roll of 6s.
Slaanesh is great at flanking enemy weak spots and grabbing objectives-wich is a REALLY important part of aos.
You will lack-obviously-the brute mortal wounds of khorne, the resilience of nurgle and the shootiness of tzeench, but your army will be very solid.
Daemonettes are simply amazing, and the seekers incredibly annoying.

Interesting! This is Mortarch Manny, right?

Deathrattle looks like an interesting theme too, lots of synergies.

I'm doing the same! Woo! Slaanesh-bros!

Asked in the last thread then it died.

I know we are about to get points (things are already leaking) but I'm building a nurgle blightkings army and I'm wondering if you guys think a Sorcerer or two for summoning nurgle daemons might be fun. I love the idea of summoning a GUO on someones head.

What are some good ways to use a Troglodon? In all my games so far it has fallen flat.

he has to charge with knights to get an additional -1 to bravery. that means -2 bravery total, wih can led to mass fleeting.

Summoning a GUO is not really that easy, because you need a 10 to summon him.
You should have a couple of summoners and summon plaguebearers and nurgle drones.

That's not a bad idea.

Saurus Knights are so crappy, though.

they don't need to deal damage, that's not their use.
They are good because they move fast, can go around supporting units and can easily get objectives and bodyblock enemies. Never forget the slann ability to make a single unit fly. Thats insane. Make knights fly and use them as body shields to avoid key enemy units to move. if you play with battleplans(and you should)they are a valid asset.

Also, mobile -1 to bravery. You can also combo him with a carnosaur for bravey shaenenigans.

Already owning a Slaanesh army, They are pretty much the same they ever were, they are lightning fast with lots of attacks, it takes a little more to wound with them but that's fine because they are lightning fast, and the Keeper of secrets is a boss ass bitch, and heralds are nothing to sneeze at either, the addition of more wounds really really helps them on the exalted chariot. from experience I think 19-20 daemonettes in a unit is optimal as it nets you an outrageous number of attacks.

Fair nuff, but it's a sound tactic then?

havin a 10 on 2 dices is too much of a gamble, because if you fail(and you have like only 15% to succeed)the summoner completely wastes his turn and in most cases is just a wandering target.
Also, summoning is basically useless in the new competitive format if thats what you are aiming for.
if you will play standard or narrative tho you can seriosuly think about it.
Just keep in mind GUO isn't a game changer. He's tough to kill but doesn't deal much damage. Its nice to have in the field because its a VERY hard to kill mage that doesn't suck in close combat.

>Also, summoning is basically useless in the new competitive format
Aw, that sucks, why is that?

Summoned units points must be included in your list. Basically, now summoning is useful only to choose wich units you want on the field AFTER the game begins.
Pretty shitty ihmo.

That and you are pretty much giving whatever you want up to a points value deep strike so you can plop them in better places than having them footslog across the board.

Honestly it woud totally be worth it if you could throw them right into combat. 9" away is fair for a free unit, but for stuff you pay for a shorter summon range, but also shorter charge range would make it a lot more desirable.

Oh so it's a shittier version of deepstriking. Great...Awesome...Fantastic...
How dare I have the gall of thinking I would be able to summon something for free.

These rules are for matched play. You can still spam the board with whatever the fuck you want in open play, but in matched play summoning needed to be reigned in. It needed to happen. If you don't think so, then you are a dingus.

And yet free summoning works well in games like malifaux where activation control is a thing because the cost of summoning a model is one of your activations and a particular suit. I understand that warhammer is set to a larger scale but seriously, not as big of a problem escpically considering they limited the numbers of how much stuff you could bring in with a single summon. It's not like the proposed Tzeench list for 40k where you just summoned for the first two rounds to get 4k points in a 2k game.

Start Collecting Slaanesh when?

I'm actually really glad to see people picking up slaanesh. I'm still a little salty they kicked him into the "Plot hole box"

I've been assembling the Silver Tower models, and I have to say I am starting to really like the larger scale models they have switched to for AoS.

So is any of the Khorne stuff out of the AoS starter any good? It seems like a lot of people around me play Sigmarines, and I was thinking of splitting some starters.

everything except for the monster is pretty solid

even the BSB with the stupid name

The heroes are great, the blood warriors are a staple, and the reavers are likely to be a battleline unit for matched play. A solid start for khorne.

The khorgorath really isnt bad. They are pretty beastly in a group of at least 2+, but it will depend on how cheap they are in points to see whether or not they are useful. I am pretty sure they wont be considered behemoths though for force limits, so there's that at least.

>The khorgorath really isnt bad
it's mediocre and ugly, which is what matters

just take more khorne warriors with the punchdaggerfists and extra heroes for even more synergy

"Wardens of the Flame" work as a Stormhost name? Maybe "of the Forge" would be more on the nose.

Will check it, even double check it. Maybe even today. Stay tuned

wardens of the flame is good. another user has one called the forgesworn eternals though so theres that

what do you guys mean? is there an official rules set now? whats SCGT? I try to look in the pastebin but theres liek 10 different competing sets there

GW will be releasing a supplement mid-july called the general's compendium. It will include a narrative campaign system and a competitive points system and set of rules and restrictions for matched play.

SCGT was a fanmade points system for tournament play that it is believed GW is taking inspiration from for their own.

what evidence is there that theyre using that rules system? Is it the best one? Did some GW guy say something to that effect?

In the last thread all the leaks of points were eerily similar to the SCGT. Take any SCGT points and multiply it by 20 and you have the GW matched play points system.

Then those other things i mentioned here

Could I get a brief rundown of the top ten Big Stompy Beasts in Order? I've been using a High Elf Prince on a Dragon for a while, but I'm considering branching out.

Nagash
Thundertusk
Necrosphinx
Archaon
Stardrake
Soulgrinder
Stonehorn
Hydra
Maw-Crusha
Durthu

I'm a bit annyoed nobody asked the leaks guy whether or not there is some clarification whether or not the 2+ battleline units means it must be at least 2 different units or if one unit worth 2+ units works too. For example one unit of 10 Liberators instead of two units of five each.

This has already been a point of debate in my LGS concerning Formations, so I hope there is some form of clarification this time.

Did you miss the 'in Order' part? Because most of those are from other factions.

>in Order
>posts most of the Death, Destruction and Chaos Beasts and forgets most of the Order beasts that were asked for

Just go to the webstore, filter 'all armies of Order' and unit typ: 'Monster' and have a look at the warscrolls.

Sorry, I stupidly took that as 'in order of power'. I should probably go to bed...
So, disregard what I said earlier, I obviously suck cocks. In the Order Grand Alliance it should look like this:
Stardrake
Engine of the Gods
Durthu
Forstheart Phoenix
Stegadon
Carnosaurus
Hydra
Treelords
High Elf Dragon
Dark Elf Dragon

has anyone seen the points for dwarf thunderers or miners perchance? i did see the other points for warriors/ironbreakers etc...

> Frostheart Phoenix
> Higher than Dragon
Care to explain this? I haven't tried it myself, but by statline it looks rather underwhelming.

Those are not in order, they are just in Order

not confusing at all.

Oh, alright. Cool. I'm debating which of those works best with my current fluff, but so far Treelords are out, as is the Engine of the Gods - both of them seem incredibly tied to their specific faction.

For context, the fluff I'm working with: Tyrion and Teclis didn't help Sigmar hide the Realm of the Heavens for free, you know. They demanded a small amount of Sigmarite for themselves, and have been working it to make their own greatest heroes immortal. The Elven Host fights harder, knowing that should they catch their gods' eyes, they could ascend to immortality as a Not!Stormcast. Was there any mention of anyone other than Sigmar getting the attention/favour of the Stardrakes?

Stardrakes are Dracothion's kin and as such only form bonds with the servants of Sigmar.
Really, if you're playing elves you have a excellent selection of big stuff that also looks like it actually belongs to your faction. I'd start there, if I'm honest.
Not him, but a 4++ on a monster is pretty substantial, even if the monster in question is rather vanilla otherwise.

Yeah, my Prince on a Dragon has been kicking ass, but I'll be real, he's prompted some locals to pick up the Fist of Gork and Skarbrand. The local Ogre Kingdoms player seems generally fine with it. I'm worried about how that's going to escalate, and I want an answer ready, but if the answer is 'Dragon more better' then I shall, indeed, Dragon more better.

So what's the next release for AoS?

Aelves right? I'm hoping steamhead duardin not too long after but eh, no clue.

This stuff. Minus the skelemen.

Is it Aelves or Treemen and Bug Lady?

If I remember right the rumor mill said Sylvaneth next. Tzeentch and Steamhead Duardin in Fall. Dark Aelf and Slaanesh in Winter.

Treeman and Bug Lady. Aelves should come end of this year/early next year together with Slaanesh stuff.

Age of Sigmar: Azyrexit.
Lord Celestant Nigelius Barrage has roused the people of Azyr and told Sigmar to fuck off with his shitty plan.

Makes sense, Slaanesh was supposed to have eaten them all, right?

I voted leave, matey.

>I voted leave, matey.

Feels good.

Most of them, yes. Since he was so fat after the End Times we wanted to hide to digest the Souls but Malerion and Teclis kidnapped and appear to be beating the souls out of him or something to that extend.

I just want to know what Morathi is gonna be up to... and for her to get a new model get a new model.

It does.

Yeah, that's it.

>Malerion and Teclis kidnapped and appear to be beating the souls out of him or something to that extend.
Trying to torture him to get him to give up the souls, actually. Torturing Slaanesh is working about as well as you'd expect it to.

Give up the souls, cumming them out, what's the difference?

How works spells that can be used more then once a turn, like the one of Kroak with the rule of only one spell?

AoS works similar to Magic in that regard. If the main rules and the rules on the warscroll contradcit, the warscroll takes priority. So Croak would still be able to cast Celestial Deliverance three times since that's part of the spell.

I wonder if i'll still be able to have thanquol and verminking both cast the dreaded thirteenth.

Thanquols ability would be pretty useless if only he or the allied wizard can use the spell, but since thanquol gets a re-roll to cast it still has its uses though.

Nurgling: "Hey, boss, I brought your sword."
Epidemus: "Can't you see I'm writing? The pen is mightier than the sword."

I really hope the new Slaanesh release redoes Daemonettes. That said - I've found a recaster for Juan Diaz daemonettes. Should I take the plunge? I need like 50 so it's probably around £120 which is alright. But if they release new Daemonettes I dunno if I can resell them and get enuff back. Decisions.

The Daemonettes are still relatively new so I highly doubt they'll get new ones this quickly. There could be some new unit type that might be similar to take it's place but looking at the Bloodbound it might also be that the new releases are going to be more focused on the mortal followers of Slaanesh.

That's what I was worried about. I'll wait til points then at least, I reckon I'll probably need some battleline forces sadly, though it looks like I'm within the hero and monster limit. :(

Right now I have :
Bloab Rotspawned,
Bloodstoker,
Lord of Tzeentch on Daemonic Mount(general),
Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot,
Burning Chariot with Exalted Flamer,
2x Gorebeast Chariot,
Warhounds

FUCK I REALISED THE POUND WENT DOWN...........

If by VC Blenderlord you mean the Red Fury unit shredder, then yes, you can, but the only Red Fury Vampire left is Konrad von Carstein who can attack again and again if you send him at really light infantry.

Normal Vampire Lords are basically the gold standard for footslogging Heroes, having very powerful attacks, magic and a Command as well as options for Wings or Nightmare.

Generally though, if you want a damage-dealing Hero, you want one on a monster. Mortarchs, Vampire Lords on Zombie Dragon, Ghoul Kings on either Terrorgheist or Zombie Dragon, Tomb King on Sphinx, all of them are powerful damage-dealer units and most of them can also tank hits well.

~10% FW discount right now for the rest of the world.

Play them with a Skink Starpriest. Starpriests can poison Seraphon bites, giving them a chance for double damage. Since 3 out of 4 attacks a Saurus Knight does are bites, this means a lot of extra damage in the long run. And yes, the stupid Skink is fast enough to keep up with them.

Let's be honest here. If you give Blightkings Sorcerer support, you will probably use the Chaos Sorcerer Lord and not the shitty Rotbringers Sorcerer. And in that case, the Sorcerer Lord is better off casting Daemonic Power on the Blightkings than summoning something.
That said, summoning a bunch of Plague Drones is almost never a bad idea either as they're fast, tough as fuck and make a whole bunch of okay attacks.

I actually love that fact. Sure it seems like they're trolling us, but in the end, thanks to the whole "Slaanesh is gone" plot angle, he has been mentioned a lot more than before. And having him come back at some point will feel incredibly satisfying.

SLAANESH IS COMING

The problem is that Order really doesn't rely on its monsters. A Freeguild General on Griffon for example is not all-powerful but he helps Demigryph Knights out a lot and is pretty tough and killy.
Stardrakes and Magmadroths aren't outright murderous, but almost their entire damage output is in Mortal Wounds and they have nice support.
Black Dragons are theoretically great, but are hampered by having shitty Riders.
High Elf Dragons are all powerful, but not broken.
Treelords and Treelord Ancients aren't too incredible, but they are usually fielded en masse and that makes them good.
Hydras have great attacks and incredible regeneration, but once the opponent has some serious monster killer on its tail, it's dead.
Frostheart Phoenixes are incredible, but really need a Wizard on Dragon along to cast Mystic Shield on them to really shine.
Carnosaurs are fucking ridiculous with their bullshit rules that can make high-Bravery units run away screaming just for spite and their high damage potential.

All in all, if you're looking for the strongest units in Order, you should not look at monsters.
imo the strongest thing in Order is the Celestial Hurricanum as it grants a To Hit buff to all of Order and craps out a ton of Mortal Wounds.

Other than that, just play either a Dragon Mage and a Frostheart Phoenix in tandem or get some Seraphon monsters, as their monsters are almost the best thing about them.

Man Im constantly tempted in getting myself a Celestial Hurricanum and making it look more Dark Aelvish, as well a Carnosaur and putting a Dread Lord on top of it. The combination possibility in Order is super cool but I don't wanna go to crazy with the power gaming.

Not entirely true. As far as we know, summoning is exempt from unit limits, so if you already have your max amount of behemoths/characters, and your army is able to summon those, and you have the points in reserve to do so, you may be able to summon more of them.

Until the book is out/a more reliable leak occurs so we can see the entire section, we can't be to sure, but so far we have only seen points mentioned.

Also, you pick how many points you want in reserve, not what models. So you can choose whatever unit best suits the game.