/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Highrock leaves the Empire Edition.

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except KINMUNE and Pelinal please.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Master_Trainers
nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44404/?
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dreugh#Gallery
youtube.com/watch?v=JKopKvJFFL0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Okay, can someone explain kalpa to me

How does it work

What exactly gets """eaten"""? Mundus? Does that include the divines or just Nirn? Or is it all of Aurbis including all the anuic spirits of the Aetherius and the daedric princes and everything, but Anu and Padomay are eternal? And then they just do the whole shit with a Lorkhan-type thinking up another Mundus all over again every time

>Highrock leaves the Empire Edition
Just a friendly reminder to you all to not actually talk about the brexit in this thread.

The edition name is usually a joke, let's not make it the subject of this thread.

Thank you.

Is Kalpa even mentioned in the games or is it MK-wank?

What the kid just said.

I'm pretty sure that in Skyrim, Both Paarthurnax and the greybeards say creation is a cycle, which Alduin restarts.

Still, I can't believe "Dodgy" Mankar Camoran is stepping down.

It's in the games. Explicitly stated.
Not that it matters much.

Why is the world eater (Alduin/Satakal) only represented as a deity by the redguards and nords?

post stuff already

>

Dunmer stab you in face, Bosmer shoot you in back.
Khajiit peel your scalp, Altmer just steal your slack.
Lizard man poison you, Breton man lazy, have Daedra do the job.
Redguard slash with sword, Nord chop you with axe, Orc just use rock.
Give me that Cyrodil, any day:
he just steal all your money, and run away

Who's that lad?

Shipmaster at Fort Frostmoth, Bloodmoon expansion.

Because, of course they'd send a lizard to Fort Freeze-your-ass-off.

wwww

wat

So, apparently, Nirn has 3 poles?

What's the source on High Rock looking like this?

Post more maps btw

why do you say that?

it's a map of Japan in ESO's style, used by zenimax with their announcement of launching ESO in Japan

They're not gonna put Japan in ESO and they're not gonna put in Akavir either

Father of the Niben mentions Altmeri magical compasses that point in one of three directions: South, Northeast, Northwest.

As far as I know it gets cold further north from Tamriel (towards Atmora) but I don't know if the same applies to going south, if anything Pyandonea is tropical, and all southern Tamriellic provinces are pretty warm

Only 'recently' got into Morrowind (50 hours and I've barely done anything, still expect to get many more hours out of it, great game) and I found out how one of the master skill trainers is actually mentioned in a book. I went to check on the UESP and most of them are!

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Master_Trainers

Most of you probably already know this but I thought it was really cool to have book characters make an ingame appearance.

North Pole, South Pole, and Zdzisław.

What is Menevia like?

>make youtube playlist with oblivion's and morrowind's 'relaxing' tracks (not the combat or eerie cave ones) a few days ago
>oblivion tracks have been up for many years and got pruned like yesterday or something

JUST

why...
-..-

Morrowind really is extremely long game. I've fully completed it once (cleared map, done all the guilds etc.) and it took me about a year of semi-frequent playing. It's sad Beth doesn't make this grand games anymore. Skyrim is technically larger, but there are much less things to explore and do.

From 'The Armorer's Challenge'

>Saccus proudly pointed out the other advancements in his armory. The acidic lime pools to sharpen the blade of the dai-katana to an unimaginable degree of sharpness. The Akaviri forge and tongs he would use to fold the ebony back and forth upon itself.

Bethesda confirmed for weebs

What version of Morrowind has eerie cave music? I think your Morrowind may have been modded even though you don't seem to know about it. Normal Morrowind should only have one non-combat track.

Oblivion has creepy cave music, which I removed. I also removed Morrowind's combat tracks.

Interestingly there seems to many explore tracks in soundtracks, but when I play Morrowind it's always that same track playing in background when I'm not in combat. Is something wrong with my game?

Using Savage Worlds to play a Morrowind setting, and I'm having issues statting the creatures. I used the Elder Scrolls pdf for most of the beasts, but I still need to do Kwamas, scribs, and nix-hounds. Any ideas?

None, its completely fan made.
The kingdom names honestly make very little sense.

Compare Morrowind stats to the creatures you have data for

>Orsinium
>part of Highrock
>Orcs thinking they're people
Cute

From 'The Four Suitors of Benitah'

>“I am Kena Warfel Tomasin, and I can prove that Akatosh, Nirn, and Oblivion are one,” said Warfel, writing out the mathematical formula that showed it was so.
“I am Kena Zombel Mokafa, and I can prove that you do not exist,” said Oin. He wrote out the mathematical formula, which proved correct, and Kena Warfel Tomasin vaporized on the spot.

You can stop claiming that deep lore is out-of-game fanfiction now

I fucked up the greentext but my point still stands

Turns out the stats in morrowind are all over the place, ended up during testing that cliff racers were tornados of pain and misery

>I can prove that you do not exist
That's some next-level smack talk.

I kinda want to see a Thu'um rap battle now.

According to Paarthurnax, debate and combat is identical to dragons.

It has to rhyme though.

Where is everyone? Has red mountain erupted again?

Retaking last week's discussion; when did the Bosmer got "stabilized" by Y'ffre? Do they come from the Aldmer as well?

Probably at the same time all other Ehlnofey did.

nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44404/?

Nice idea, shitty texture.

yeah, what's wrong with regular cliff racers?

criticize my pixel art btw, it's the very first time I've ever done it

and give me an idea for what I can do next, it has to be TES related and I'll make it 100x100 (and then upscale to 200x200 so it's visible on the chans)

Balmora!

Vivec's Second Aperture.

You just now found out about this? Katanas have been better than regular western swords since Arena, and continues in Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim.

I love Balmora but I actually doubt I could make a proper 3d perspective like in pic related ;-;

Work. It picks up towards the afternoon for us in Eagleland.

Make the front of a house and a tower, with peoples

Use Vkontakte as an audio player

A bit crude and minimal, but for a first time it's really good.

What's your technique? Trace and pixelize, or does the project start and end pixelated?

MS Paint, 1x1 pencil

Aside from slaughterfish and fish like salmon, what kind of sea life exists on Nirn? I don't think we've seen anything massive aside from giant mudcrabs but are there things like massive sharks and whales?

There are giant whales, but they fly.

Nords hunt whales, weresharks exist, so Sharks most definitely do.

I imagine that krakens would exist as well, if not be extremely rare. They are canon if ESO is canon.

It might help to draw out and sketch out the subject on paper before you draw it on MS Paint.

Keep in mind however that the lower pixel count the more gets exaggerated and lost. For example, if you drew that cliffracer out there'd be a definite curve to the wings and structure, but if you were to transition that to pixel form it would appear more like a triangle like the one you drew.

Cephalopods.

Do Dreugh count as sea life?

Yeah, but they're somewhat sentient since they have cities and whatnot. Like goblins, orcs, or falmer.

There are Land Dreugh
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Dreugh#Gallery

I've never played a video game under any substance before, and I've rarely smoked weed.

Should I try out Morrowind after smoking? Would it even be fun?

I imagine it would end up somewhat like this
youtube.com/watch?v=JKopKvJFFL0

That's merely a stage in the Dreugh lifecycle, you megadork.

Not really what it's like, but alright. Nice song, though. Reminds me of Tomppabeats.

Kirkbride will defend this.

You are now in control of the development of TES: VI worldbuilding and storyboard.

Where do you set the game, and how do you make it interesting and fun. What is the plot? What things would it add in terms of gameplay that wouldn't be too expensive or time consuming to be realistic?

I let it die.

How morbid.

Reminder that the game designers will be directed from above to stick to Bethesda's winning formula: concentrate on looking nice, further dumb down the gameplay, and make sure the vanilla game balance is so easy that grandma could finish it on her first run.

So with that in mind, I'd cut Alteration magic, merge melee weapons into a single skill, and cut Lockpicking. Racial skill bonuses will be removed. All enemies in the game will be levelled to be 3 levels lower than the PC.

Traders will buy and sell all items (who wants to have to search for the right guy?) and their shops will be open all hours. Daedric items (rethemed to look like black and red Final Fantasy-esque armour and weapons) will be available from any trader at level 5.

To save time having to grind your way through stuff like exploring and fights with random spawns, there will be a "skip to scene" icon you can click that takes you straight to the end part of whatever quest you are on. You can click it again after that scene to place the quest reward in your inventory and mark the quest as finished in your journal, that way you don't have to waste valuable roleplaying time by going back to town and talking to the quest giver.

Reminder that roleplaying means hittin things with a sord.

I believe the next one will be set in Valenwood, and if I had to choose, it would either be Valenwood or Highrock.

For Highrock, as somebody else described it, I would turn the fantasy elements up to 11. After the events of Oblivion, magic use isn't as distrusted, but Daedra Worship is viewed to be the cause of it. This strengthened the resolve of the imperial temples, and thus the knightly orders of Highrock are of even more significance. In term of gameplay, there are several more factions, and a person can join two orders, one religious and one provincial. For example, one may be within the Knights of the Lily and The Knights of the Dragon. Each Order has it's own preferred playstyle, similar to how the Great Houses are in Morrowind. Knights Mentors for example would be spell swords leaning a bit towards casting, where as a Vigilant of Stendar would try and use a more pacifistic route. Most of the quests for religious orders are the same since they work together, but depending on which order you choose, you can get a bonus for a preferred play style and even an extra mission or two.

In terms of world building, I would also have the antimagic field lifted, but is scattered through out Highrock in certain areas of varying concentrations, particularly around strange obelisk like structures that have started popping up that may have something to do with late MQ. Wayrest is still under control of pirates, which will make for more than a few interesting quests, possibly one ending in the freeing of Wayrest.

For monsters, I absolutely love monsters. Six legged salamanders that spit acid or fire. Wereboars. Slime/jelly creatures possibly made of acid that hurt you when in contact with them and possibly degrade weapons, but are extremely weak to fire and ice. And of course all the ones that were in Daggerfall (Although the one or two Centaurs and Nymphs wouldn't be enemies but part of the story.)

I could go on, but I'd rather not.

The U.K. left the E.U.

I really hope they keep the armor and clothes separate like they had it in FO4. Even if it was only a few pieces, having that would open up so many opportunities for modding. And I could finally wear a cape, cloak, dress, pants, robe and armor all at once again

Sounds really nice. Especially the Jelly monster part.
Agreed.

Elder Scrolls 6: Dominion

Takes place about a decade after Skyrim. The Medes are gone and with them the Empire. Elisif the Fair's son rules Skyrim (a book mentions that Ulfric died without a child, leaving the results of the civil war vague). The Aldmeri Dominion is the dominant power in Tamriel.

The player begins as a kidnapping victim being brought from Cyrodiil to a prison in Valenwood for unknown reason, but the game begins with the prison caravan being ambushed in Elsweyr by Khajiit bandits and the player manages to escape. They are in the middle of vast grassland not far from Valenwood's border, with nothing but some scavenged gear.

The game covers Valenwood and Elsweyr at first, as the ports are all closed by Thalmor orders. However, as the main quest progresses the player will eventually be able to explore Summerset as well.

The armor and weapons you use affect how you are treated in major ways. If wearing Aldmeri armor, rebels and freedom fighters become hostile. If wearing certain gear, some bandits will not longer attack you, believing you to be a bandit as well.

There will be many guilds to join, but many are mutually exclusive. For example, you can't join both a bandit group and the Rimmen city guard.

Also, levitation is back in, as are teleportation options. Fast travel is only between waystations along major roads, such as inns and outposts, and it costs a bit of money. There is both Imperial and Aldmeri coin, and some vendors only accept one or the other.

These are just some rough ideas until I think of a more detailed plot.

I meant generation, not decade. Closer to 20 or 30 years after Skyrim

You forgot one vital part, cashing in on the latest Fantasy Novel everybody was reading. Morrowind was when Drizz't was in the vogue, TES Oblivion literally had LOTR Trilogy ripped from it's tongue to hiring Boromir to voice Martin and Skyrim was Game of Thrones, only with less sex and more fantasy wish fulfillment of seeing Ned Live.

k.
I love it. Pretty sure the size of two nations who hate each other as one map might be a bit much. I could definitely see Summerset as a DLC thing.

I am stating the raw facts. The mainstream Elder Scrolls series cashes in on the latest Fantasy Novel Craze.

Alrighty.

>The Name of the Wind meets Highrock

I DIDN'T KNOW HOW MUCH I NEEDED THIS.

TES VI: Hammerfell.

- PC is a prisoner on a slave ship headed to Stros M'Kai, ship is destroyed in a freak accident totally not involving singing spirit swords, and the PC is washed ashore on Chaseguard, north of Rihad
- 2 major factions: Crowns/Forebears
- guilds adjusted to local institutions: Nudri-Hi instead of mage's guild, Cult of Ebonarm instead of fighter's guild, Alik'r Nomads instead of thieves guild.
- undo some of the Moorization of the late games, giving the Crowns more Sub-Saharan African cultural traits and aesthetics and the Forebears the more cosmopolitan, buccaneerish traits and aesthetics of the past, with the more Moorish/Arab traits being unique to the Alik'r.
- Forebears aim to restart hostilities with the Dominion, Crowns are non-committal (and perhaps their leadership is secretly in league with the Dominion over their shared theological alignment against Lorkhan/Sep)
- new gimmick mechanic is sword-singing, which is mostly automated during combat but changes in style depending on what the player is actually doing in combat (i.e. spirit swords might go into defensive mode when the player casts Restoration spells, might start attacking further-away enemies when player is meleeing a large group of monsters); sword-singing is improved by fighting ansei hermits in the mountains and deserts
- expansion pack focused on seafaring, naval combat, the Eltheric Sea pirates and possibly exploring the ruins of Yokuda
- expansion pack focused on Thras, the Sload, and seeking the aid of Peryite in preventing a Thrassian Plague 2.0 from devastating Tamriel
- PC destroys the Orichalc Tower during the Yokuda arc
- dwemer ruins in the Alik'r, orc strongholds in the Dragontail Mountains.
- ceramic armour just like mom used to forge
- Forebear temples worship the Nine Divines, Crown temples worship them under their Yokudan names (Ruptga, Morwha, Leki, Tu'Whacca, etc.)
- LadyN is given a restraining order for the whole duration of development

And all he's asking for are some boots. That's all he wants.

Ulfric did nothing wrong

Fucking Nord apologist. The Empire needs to remain strong to fight the Elven threat. Even if it means taking a false knee for a while, a fractured empire will only lead to ruin.

Cause both are destructive marauding niggers.

Agreed.

Except making it harder to worship Talos, removing an entire people from their ancestral home, creating drama to feed his ego by becoming high king, and thereby plunging Tamriel into yet ANOTHER catastrophic and nearly apocalyptic event to be narrowly solved by an unnamed hero with few survivors.

But he cares about drunk book burners and wants them to pray outside so boohoo.

>yfw Neloth doesn't offer master enchanting training like in Skyrim
>yfw no temple quest with master enchanting services unlocked as reward either like in Skyrim

>yfw the master enchanting trainer in Morrowind is a bandit wizard
>you have to Calm him to get him to train you
>countless chump tier nerevarines have probably just killed him without even realizing what they were doing

>making it harder to worship Talos
You think if he hadn't revolted, Talos worship would have had a revival under the Thalmor puppet emperor?

>removing an entire people from their ancestral home
Markarth was ruled by Nords until the hill tribes showed up and seized power by conquest. Ulfric kicked them back out again in a couple years.

>creating drama to feed his ego by becoming high king
If you sided with him you would know that he eventually calls a kingsmoot because he knows lines of succession don't favor him and he wants to push the drama aside.

>thereby plunging Tamriel into yet ANOTHER catastrophic and nearly apocalyptic event
The Thalmor want to destroy mankind too, it's not just Alduin. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

>narrowly solved by an unnamed hero with few survivors
You mean Talos incarnate who also gives Ulfric the throne in non-cuck playthroughs?

Stay mad, Titus Mede, better hope the Elder Council doesn't send the Dark Brotherhood after you :^)

Guild quests in Skyrim lack the same charm as ones in Morrowind, there's lots of fetch quests and dungeon clears either way, but the ones in Skyrim lack well crafted backstory. Being randomly generated.

>Thalmor puppetmaster meme.
>He doesnt know that the Thalmor support the civil war.
>He thinks being Dragonborn means that he's Talos.
>Cuck meme.
Wow. It's nothing.

/pol/, go back to your containment board. I hear there's some piss poor Britains you can jack off to.

What do u you think the major imports and exports of each province are?

wew lad

Saying a Dragonborn is Talos incarnate because Talos was Dragonborn is like saying that elves can't go insane since Sheogorath is Pelinel and Pelinel hates elves.

(You)
Not that user but
>making it harder to worship Talos
everyone had their own little shrine to Talos, everyone worshipped him in their home. No one had a problem until Ulfric threw a temper tantrum about it and got the attention of the Thalmor. Had he just preached Talos like Heimskr, the true unsung hero, then the rebellion wouldn't have needed to happen, the Thalmor would focus on another shit province like Hammerfell, and The Empire would be one step closer to regaining strength.

Adding on to this, it wasn't even only worshipping in you basement. He I'm sure is in an Imperial run city and is the most vocal Talos worshipper in the game.

He's only put in prison at the end of the civil war that Ulfric started. It really is all his fault.