Stat him and I'll give you a mystery price

Stat him and I'll give you a mystery price.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gV26zIE0130
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guts vs Owlbear death battle go go go

ez

High level Chaotic neutral fighter/barbarian/frenzied berserker

Fighter/Ranger/Hellknight

Favored enemy: Abberations
Every cleave feat possible
Monkey gripped greatsword
Armor that selfcasts "Rage"

Daily reminder that Guts doesn't go berserk 95% of the time. Of the other 5%, 4% of it is only because of his armour.

Guts is actually impressively good at fighting with his wits, keeping his head cool, and not succumbing to anger during combat. He is, if anything, a highly skilled fighter rather than "I enrage every fight".

In fact, most of the time Guts is talking shit with a smug grin on his face.

his fight with Rosine is pure Fighter/Barbarian duel-class

Guts isn't a Barbarian, guys. If you have read it, he wins his battle using strategy and his fighting skill. It's not about "charge and cleave". It's not about "pure strenght". Guts wouldn't survived only by brute strenght and raw power.

He usually only does that in bossfights, and not even in all of them.

He was pretty calm in his fight against the priest guy with the square face. He goes enough fights without raging for me to say he has put very few points in barbarian (if any).

The inherent "issue" is that he fights with want rather than wit. He does what he does for joy more than the pay whether its the joy of killing during his merc years or the joy of fighting with/for friends during his various periods where he has friends. This feeds back into the reason he actually goes berserk when he does without the armor as he simply has no "filter" for it. Originally he tempered it when caska told him off for it and now he does it when he can(read when the armors not dicking him) cause he doest want to hurt or scare caska. Whether he fights smartly or not is irrelevant to the rage he's just simply fed and indulged it his entire life and now its taken root like a weed on his soul.
Its almost biblical in that its equivalent to the seven sins in that each sin is only a sin when taken to a level of excess or never actively controlled.

>joy of fighting for his friends
1) Firstly, if that was the main reason he fought, he would not be a barbarian for that alone. Using this to say that he is a barbarian is stupid.
2) He enjoys fighting, sure, but that's not the main reason he does it. Ever since he came back to Casca, he's been fighting to get her to the elves. And along the way, he has fought to save people's lives, too.

So the whole "Guts only fights because he likes to" is flawed. Even in his younger years, Guts fought because it was the only way for him to feed himself.

And even though he enjoyed it, that doesn't make him a barbarian.

3) He holds his rage back, but he still has it so he's a barbarian
Not even going to say anything here. Just read that sentence again. Because if we go by that logic, everyone is a barbarian.

4) Guts fights with want rather than wit
Sometimes it's one case, but usually it's the other.

Again, this all comes down to the fact that Guts does enrage, but it happens so few and far in between that he doesn't classify as a barbarian in the well-known meaning of the word. In most games, Barbarians are shouting, mindless, and walking around in loincloth.

Never said he was a barbarian. Merely said his "rages" are sort of valve bursts of the inner rage he "leaks" during battles. Also i did say he tempers himself around, and because of, casca.

> Mystery price
Did you mean prize? Cause I like prizes. But I don't like mystery prices. They usually show up on my cellphone bill, or when I just wanted a standard oil change, and all of a sudden, the shop is like, oh we need to change your air filter, and btw you need to start using high milage synthetic oil.

Never read this but I guess he gets some sort of unnatural powers?
If so then warlock fits maybe.

Go read it, it's long and slow at parts, but Berserk is a legitimately great read.

Not the guy you replied to but where does there exist a version of the Manga that isnt an utter shit translation typed in fucking comic sans?

I fucking loved that priest

Face plants x failure

Its how can i use my raw strength to a tactical advantage that makes him so terrifying

Guts never did tactical. Others just point him in the right direction. Seriously every job he had in the band of the hawk was hawk telling him his point in the plan with a LOT of leeway for him. Went something like "charge directly at the enemy as a distraction while we flank them. Kill as many as you want then head over here cause there's going to be more killing needing done. Once you've had your fun or the signal is given go to the rendezvous point." Or with the witch girl literally telling him exactly where to go. He never even kept rank as a merc before the band of the hawk. They literally just pointed him at the enemy and said go get em.

You're right a out his history with the hawk, but once he goes murderhobo as the black swordsman, Guts demonstratea true strategy and tactics to lure apostles out, and capitalize on their weaknesses.

This is especially true in "heat of the moment" duels and battle where you see the thought balloons of his opponents and even Guts himself tactically outwitting his opponents during a fight. This coupled with his insane strength and reflexive adaptability makes him a whirlwind of destruction.

Stat Morda

Fan service rape bait and fourth love interest of Guts.

>Barbarian 2/Warblade 14/Frenzied Berserker 4
>Mighty Arms warforged graft, used to equip a cannon-based component
>Specialize in Iron Heart and Stone Dragon maneuvers

Lv4 is just enough levels in FB to get Deathless Frenzy. He also has 9th-level maneuvers. You could trade one of the barbarian levels for another FB level, depending on whether you prefer Improved Power Attack or something cool from an ACF.

Mangasee

>a mystery price

For what? If it's a price of you making Miura getting his shit together and start working instead of doing whatever he's doing I might even consider paying it.

>Casca
>Griffith
>???
>Loli witch

>instead of doing whatever he's doing
That would be Idolm@ster and shipsluts. Possibly with occasional side of futa 2hu doujin.

Guts.

>casca
>Farnese
>Loli witch
>tit witch

And guts. He IS the original. does the one chick who got off on public burnings count due to the rape horse incident?

no, I'm saying that those are the four LIs

also you think farnese, the berserk equivolent of cheryl tunt, is going to be turned off by guts?

Hyper Satan/Godhand speaks the truth.

Guts clearly has more levels in Ranger than Barbarian, but is primarily a fighter.

>Forgetting Slan

That's Farnese

Am I the only one who things Guts and Geralt would make a hell of a team?

Geralt's overrated.

There have been multiple times he has said he loves fighting and goes rage mode without the armour. He certainly isn't a mindless rage berserker but he does rage. How many panels are there of him making rage faces? I mean we are talking about the guy that cut his own arm off to get a run at a god. He has at least one level in berserker.

If a character has one level in barbarian and twelve in Fighter he won't rage all the time either. Stop acting like he is some grandiose man who would love to abandon his roots in war.

He would beat Guts. He's got better senses, speed, and possibly strength. If he gets to prepare his potions he'll definitely have the physical edge. Then he's got magic powers too.

>he would beat Guts
In what reality do you live in?

All them GotY awards got to his head.

Maybe when Guts was like, 13/whenever he killed Basuzo the Beast.

Any Grown Ass Man Guts is ridiculously stronger than Geralt. Do you have any idea how heavy the Dragon Slayer is? Even if you lowball it considerably it's still absurdly heavy. He swings it around like it's made of rattan.

He can also keep up with "fucking bullshit ninja assassins" although I suppose it's possible Geralt is faster.

I wouldn't discount his arm cannon, either. It's pretty destructive, and even at it's worst it's a nasty surprise or distraction. Same thing with the throwing knives and teeny crossbow.

(Actually the crossbow is pretty deadly, and getting surprised by the cannon would probably badly concuss or stun Geralt, or even cripple him.)

Never mind what the sword would do. Very quick enemies have tried to play games with him and the notion "oh, he's slow!" and gotten fucked.

Serpico had a complete tactical advantage and it wasn't really enough.

See Geralt's fight with the Striga from the opening of the first game. He tosses that bitch like nothing.

Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

>Better senses
Maybe? I mean, he is missing a damn eye, but his brand works on pretty much anything evil.
>Speed
Guts moves his limbs faster than other people are capable of processing visually. I repeat, he is so fast, he can be invisible at times.
>Strength
What the fuck are you even talking about now? The sword guts swings around FASTER THAN REGULAR PEOPLE CAN SEE is probably the weight of a small horse. I'm sure this fucker could throw a semi-truck on it's side.

You realise Geralt is also super human right?

What should one listen to while reading Berserk?
HAI YAI FORCES doesn't seem too appropriate for some bum hitching rides in covered wagons.

I'm not the other guy, and I think Geralt is a more interesting character, but Guts is a whole other level of power. Geralt might have more technique, and he is almost as fast as Guts. Yet he is not as strong, nor as durable.

If they had some sort of hunting contest, Geralt could probably win it.

As much as I like Geralt, I'd rather trust pic related to do what he does best.

This is basically Batman and Superman here. Guts just sort of runs in and wrecks everything without batting an eye. Geralt takes his time to learn what he's hunting and how to deal with it and attacks with extreme advantage. The levels of variation are just as wide. Like every other "more powerful guy versus more clever guy" fight, it depends.

If a surprise encounter, Guts wins. If a prepared ambush, could go either way but Geralt has a good chance, especially if he has access to things like the Heliotrop sign or some of the crazier witcher brews.

champion fighter 11/berserker barbarian 3
vanilla human
str >= con > dex = wis > cha > int
great weapon fighting style
archery fighting style
great weapon mastery
crossbow expert
greatsword
hand crossbow
later, magical plate that lets him frenzy while wearing it and ignore the effects of exhaustion while doing so

actually you know what, lets upgrade him to berserker 6

Something droney like Bohren

Yes but he is "slightly" enhanced mutant that has many limitations, not some retarded animu shittery that is so OP it doesn't make slight of sense and just makes whole thing grotesque and pointless oh wait I should have stopped at "animu", because it's basically contained in this word

Geralt is a little bit faster, stronger, and harder - Guts is faster than a normal person can track. Stronger than anything that can be considered human. And hard enough to cut of his own arm to get at his enemies.

Reflexs are harder to distinguish but Guts likely still comes out ahead.

The Brand takes Guts a step out of the Physical plane and into the Interstice. In the Interstice, Recognition equals Reality, he is literally an Ork in that he's exactly as strong as he and the people around him THINK he is.

Guts comes out ahead in everything. He reacts to shit faster than him and he moves faster than most humans can track. He also swings a ton and a half sword faster than geralt swings a 5lb sword. Magic MIGHT even the field a bit but not much and his potions might give him a fighting chance. You gotta realize guts fought a sentient severe thunderstorm and won. Geralt has issues with shits like wargs which is just a light night routine for guts.

When shit gets grimdark go fore atmospheric black metal. Or doom metal like Consolamentum, Candlemass.

>magical plate that lets him frenzy while wearing it and ignore the effects of exhaustion while doing so

How OP is that actually? And what would the downside be? Cumulative stat losses every time he does it, if he takes off the armor?

>retarded animu shittery

>not just regular fantasy shittery

>butt flap

What sort of atmospheric black metal bands would you recommend?

Midnight Odyssey is pretty good. Anything on this list is also pretty solid if you want to get into atmospheric black in general. Some of Burzum is also pretty good for atmospheric stuff, like Filosofem.

Also while it's not black metal, Signs from the Berserk PS2 is also good for listening, since it's still Susumu Hirasawa.

youtube.com/watch?v=gV26zIE0130

He gets various losses even in the armor. One page shows he's slowly losing colored vision and he can't smell as well. He'll end up a husk eventually like the skeleton knight.

So how would you reflect that mechanically?

>One page shows he's slowly losing colored vision and he can't smell as well
I don't remember this, when was it?

It was after he killed the Sea God I think. Or before. It was at some point on the boat.

>not just regular fantasy shittery

You watch/read/play the wrong fantasy then.

>. It was at some point on the boat.
that's so wide a timeframe you're not really helping

>You watch/read/play the wrong fantasy then.

>stop liking fantasy the wrong way

Sorry, it's a been a while since I've reread Berserk.

ehm, you called it "shittery" yourself

It was during recovery from killing a storm cloud but after he had his fever from the burns. He woke up and noticed parts of his vision lacked color and thought back to the warning skellybelly gave him about the armor. He also has hearing damage from sea god and stormcloud though that could be just from fighting rather than actual armor upkeep.
For those that don't know the black armor is cursed and using it's berserk mode robs you of your essence slowly starting with the senses then the body then the soul. Though it takes a bit from each category each use its like 60% sense 30% body and 10% soul as he loses some muscle mass each use as well as suffering psychology trauma from it.

I'm fond of self-deprecation when it comes to things I enjoy. Sorry I wasn't clear on that.

Powerwolf

Yeah Powerwolf really captures it

I'd like to nominate Sabaton too. Not exactly their style, but got some good battlemusic

>This is basically Batman and Superman here
This is exactly what I was thinking

I think Kratos is more on par with Guts. Perhaps working closer to the powerlevels he is fighting against, but still pretty close

OP here, cool to see the thread is still up somehow.

Not a huge fan of any of the stattings here, but I'll give the board an A for effort. Feels unfair not giving you the mystery price so I will give it to you as soon as I get home in two hours.

Is it candy ?

>>magical plate that lets him frenzy while wearing it and ignore the effects of exhaustion while doing so
>How OP is that actually? And what would the downside be? Cumulative stat losses every time he does it, if he takes off the armor?
in 5e? it could be playstyle changing, but i don't think it would be game breaking.

Its not not a picture of my penis

>ow OP is that actually? And what would the downside be? Cumulative stat losses every time he does it, if he takes off the armor?

Frenzy, no effect of exhaustion, no effect of being in negative hp, the armor automatically bring the wearer back to 0hp every turn if below (except for instakill blows), but wearer must roll on a table with moderate chance of permanent injury or stat damage every time it does so. When in frenzy the wearer must succeed a will test to avoid going berserk. At the end of a fight, another will save will determine how much the wearer's inner beast is taking control of him.

Guts kills supernatural eldritch abominations wielding superhuman power that can devour legions of men in their sleep as a day job. Geralt's a badass, sure, but Guts is a next-level determinator. When it comes down to it guts will let you impale him and wrap him up in his own intestines just for a good angle to shoot at you. And that's before he got the painkillers/self endangering strength armour.
TLDR: Guts will kill Geralt, he just may permanently injure himself in the process. Again.

what do I win OP?

Guys stop fighting they're both cool at the same time.

Ya

I would think Golden Age Guts would be true neutral

Do you know what happened with his hair and why a lock turned pure white??

The horrors of life and the demon world spilling into it, also to show that Guts is aging like milk

Guts is definitely not anything resembling good-aligned. He's true neutral during the Golden Age, and, going by D&D standards, probably neutral evil after the Eclipse. He protects his friends and is ultimately fighting against some pretty bad dudes, sure, but his entire motivation boils down to "Griffith is a shithead and I want to make him suffer, and I will kill anyone who gets in my way without a second thought."

This is a guy who uses small children as bait to lure out demons. He's pretty far from a good person. That said, because Berserk is actually pretty damn well-written, this serves to make him a much more interesting character than he otherwise would be. Guts is a piece of shit who happens to be fighting against other pieces of shit.

I think that's not giving Guts enough credit, since Black Swordsman and Lost Children arc show that a part of that alienating minsanthrope is an act because he doesn't want people to get killed by being around him. Look how he reacted toward the priest and his daughter after he killed the Count of Koka Castle, and how he was shocked to immobility when she was killed and her possessed corpse tried to kill him.

I'd say he'd be somewhere between Neutral Evil or Chaotic Neutral if that's possible.

Guts is a very human character, despite the horrible things he sometimes does. He's not entirely without scruples; he's just willing to do horrible things to kill people who have either personally wronged him or the people close to him, or are, in his mind, worse than he is.

But you're right that the D&D alignment system doesn't really do him justice. I'd say you're right that he falls somewhere between chaotic neutral and neutral evil.

Also the toll his armor takes on his body. I'm honestly surprised he hasn't started losing teeth considering all the grinding and swording biting he's done so far ontop of the armor stealing his essence enough to cause a hair deficiency.

Don't think he wants to go full ShindoL with his suffering.

But a whore benefits from lack of teeth. Plus a scene where guts goes to bite some dicks sword again only to have a cheek cleaved a bit from missing teeth.

OP here, I think you win this one. Forgot to give the prize yesterday so you get it today. As soon as I get home in about 8 hours tbqh family

Guts was not into fucking some Troll intestines.

Str 5
Dex 5
Sta 5

Cha 2
Manp 2
Appearance 2

Perception 3
Int 3
Witts 4

Alertness 5, Athletics 5, Awarness 3, Brawl 5, Intimdaition 5, Leadership 2, Streetwise 2

Melee 5, Stealth 5, Survival 3, Firearms 3

Investigation 3, Medicine 2, Occult 3

Humanity 4

Willpower 10

Virtues
Consciece 2
Self Control 1
Courage 5

Backgrounds
Fame 5(Black Swordsmen)
Resource 2
Retainers 5
Followers 3

Merits and Flaws
Legendary Strength and Stamina

I can do the rest of the merits and flaws if wanted but I feels this covers the basics

is this WoD storyteller rules?
why stealth 5?

>I mean we are talking about the guy that cut his own arm off to get a run at a god. He has at least one level in berserker.
If your waifu gets raped in front of you by a Daemon God in a giant pool of blood from all of your friends that were just murdered in the most horrific of ways, you'd have a level of honorary berserker too.

Male human fighter