Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z #37

Previous thread can be found here: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/47711368/

>You are Maple Son-Mahogany, one of two young Tuffle twins thrown at Earth starting in early Dragon Ball by your "father," Dr. Raichi

>"Canon" had already taken a sharp turn from the "norm" when you began, and through your actions, choices, and dialogue, took even further turns from the "norm," and will probably continue to do so

>Stats and dice mechanics are used, and can be explained again as needed

>Let's all try to have some fun, ok?

youtu.be/NLOxUvbGG1I

Last time, on Dragon Ball Tuffle Quest Z! You reunited with your husband, meeting the Saiyans and Cui, whose bail was posted by Vegeta's brother, Prince Tarble! You make a truce with Nappa and Vegeta to prepare for Freeza, but when you return you're given unsettling news: Korin and Yajirobe are missing! And Baba's discovered that the one guarding him is someone from a race thought long gone...

And a pastebin: pastebin.com/93rxb3dN

Other urls found in this thread:

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=maple milk
urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=maple syrup sex
youtube.com/watch?v=akDKRow0QiA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Baba finishes telling you about the supposedly long-gone Herans, dwindled to but a handful from species in-fighting during a major crisis. Homeworld ruined by a disaster brought about from some of the most notorious of their kind. The few survivors becoming space pirates and bandits, with desire to pillage, take, and even conquer a few worlds. One group became such a threat to the stability of the universe the Kais themselves had to step in, sealing away the last of the Herans.

"...is it just me that's getting a bit of deja vu from this?" your brother questions aloud. "Like, did they turn into giant sharks whenever their planet had a New Moon or something?"

"It's a theme that seems far more common than it should, I'll admit." Baba states with a saddened frown. "Still, take that map to Bulma when you can. It's the best shot we have to rescue Korin."

"Dibs!" Acer says aloud, taking it and heading out.

Before you can go out after him, you look to Baba. Her frown softens into a smile. "It is good to have you and everyone else home again, Maple."

You smile back. "Good to be home, auntie Baba."

Outside, you see the kids playing, Acer looking over the map, and Goku and Chi-chi laughing about something.

>A. Gather up the kids
>B. Mind if I deliver it, brobro?
>C. Check on what Goku and Chi-chi are laughing about
>D. See if you can find some familiar faces here before you leave
>E. Something else?

>E. Wonder why the Kais don't seal the Cold family away, slowly but gradually develop a grudge over years.

>D. See if you can find some familiar faces here before you leave

Truffle quest fuck yeah!

Also remember to archive early!

>E. Something else?
>Teach the kids fusion dance for fun. Make it a game for them!

You smile at the two of them, after wondering a bit on why the Kais never tried to seal away Cold's family, but deciding it's best a question asked later. "Okay, what's so funny?"

Goku looks back, swaying his tail as Peppa, Gohan, and Izzy to try to go after it, finally done chasing after Sukesan. "Ah, Chi-chi was just telling me about how the kids have been acting. Guess Acer was right about the food expenses, eheh."

You laugh and sigh simultaneously. "Juuuuust like their dad, huh?"

"Ah but it's fine, really. Sure they might have... put a dent in the money, but Acer's actually been working at Capsule Corp. to help cover it." Chi-chi adds. "Helped Dr. Briefs make a new spaceship, this one with a gravity chamber pre-installed."

"Speaking of, heading off! I'll see you back home, Chi-chi." your brother says aloud, kissing his wife before flying off.

Chi-chi smiles sweetly, then turns back to you. "Oh, but Suno and Eighter came to visit a few times. Ah the kids absolutely adored them, especially Eighter. Though poor lil' Peppa thought Suno was you first time she saw her. She started to cry before Gohan reminded her that you're a little on the short side."

...damn it, from your kids too? You try to hide your annoyed expression, but seems Gohan noticed. He bows his head apologetically and mumbles out "Sorry, mama." to you.

>A. It's fine, sweetie, really
>B. See how Sukesan's been
>C. Ask Chi-chi if there's anything else she and your brother have been up to
>D. Bring up the Fusion Dance, see if Chi-chi would like to learn
>E. Something else?

>>A. It's fine, sweetie, really

>A. It's fine, sweetie, really

>E. "Hey, sweetie pie, remember that I will always be taller than you.
>So I can do this!"
>Kiss his cheeks while messing up his hair.

>>A. It's fine, sweetie, really

"Gohan, sweetie pie, it's fine. And mama's still taller than you, and for as long as I am, I can still do... this!" You quickly scoop him up and kiss your son's cheek, ruffling his hair. His cheerful giggles seem to cause his sister and cousin to giggle as well. Chi-chi smiles sweetly at you both... oh! "So, now that we're finally getting settled, I've got something you two might wanna take a look at." You set Gohan down, your son looking up curiously as Goku and Chi-chi focus on what you're about to say. "On planet Metamor there is this exceptionally useful technique, capable of combining two fighters into one with immense strength, beyond what either is capable of on their own. A skill they call: the Fusion Dance."

"Fusion... dance?" Chi-chi repeats.

"How's it work?" Goku asks.

You step back and ready yourself, taking the starting stance. "Imagine two powerful rivers flowing towards one another." You take the steps, vocalizing the first part. "As they approach, there is a sharp turn, stopping the two from meeting immediately, but increasing their flow's speed." You take the opposing knee and arm position, adding the second vocalization, and to top it all off... "HA! The two rivers meet at two separate points, flowing into one another and merging into one greater than they were when they started."

(cont.)

Goku seems thoroughly invested in this technique. Chi-chi... walks to you and places her hand on your head, concern on her face. "...not a fever. Was it something you ate? Drank? Maybe you're just tired from-"

You bat her hand away, grumbling. "I'm being serious here! Chi-chi come on, this technique works! You can ask Chiaotzu about it." You rub the back of your neck. "And... well, I kinda got it to work a couple times. Just... not perfectly. It needs exactly mirrored movements, Ki perfectly matched and synchronized. And..." Your cheeks go red. "...well, the right compensation for differences in height. But... I think we could do it, Chi-chi. We're close enough!"

You notice Peppa try to mimic the technique herself, Izzy finding it amusing. Chi-chi though is... not convinced.

>A. Pleeeease, Chi-chi, I swear, it works
>B. Show it off again, for the kids
>C. Monkey boy, maybe you could try it with someone!
>D. Something else?

>Remind her of their little after-image move at the Mifan tournament all those years ago.

"Chichi, we managed to move perfectly in sync before. Humor me, please. Have I ever let you down?"

I can understand the skepticism, but Maple has nothing to gain by lying to Chi-chi or by playing a prank. Especially not with the spectre of a Cold family reunion on Earth looming over everyone.

Also this:

And And on top of all that, give 'er the Tuffle eyes.

>B. Show it off again, for the kids

>D. C'mon, let's try it together!

Rolled 20, 14, 7, 1, 17 = 59 (5d20)

All right, gimme a roll of 1d20, best of five. DC is 18.

Rolled 11 (1d20)

Rolled 9 (1d20)

>B. Show it off again, for the kids\
>C. Monkey boy, maybe you could try it with someone!

Rolled 19 (1d20)

We will never get this down.

Rolled 3 (1d20)

The doubter has saved us!

Rolled 12 (1d20)

...Heh heh heh heh.

Writing...

Quick, someone go get a fusion from DeviantArt!

How awkward would Acer's boner be if and when he sees this?

Why?

Juuuust because for thirty minutes his wife is also his half twin sister?

Naaah...

How awkward is this gonna be for both Chi Chi and Maple to have both platonic and romantic feelings for him at once?

well, if Maple's hair is orange, and Chi-Chi's hair is a very very very very very very very dark blue, then the resulting color would be magenta.

Fusion name "Machi" okay with y'all?

Fine with me boss.

Don't ever talk to me or my son again

this definition is surprisingly fitting given the situation: urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=maple milk

urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=maple syrup sex
"When level ten Canadians have sex they secrete maple syrup out of their orifices. Not to be confused with level nine Canadians who only use it for lube."
>Paul: After that hockey game on Friday do you want to partake in maple syrup sex?
>Nick: Only if we're talking about level 10 maple syrup sex, not that level 9 shit.

You clap your hands together and plead with her. "Chi-chi, pleeease, I swear, it works! And... well, we've been able to move in sync before! Come on, I wouldn't pull a prank on you like this!" You give her the Tuffle eyes for good measure.

Chi-chi tries to give a stern, uncompromising reaction... but cracks, giving a pout. "Okay, fine, I'll humor you, Maple."

You go over the steps again, explaining the dance, and then urging Chi-chi to try it herself to make sure. She doesn't quite get it on the first go, but you help her along, even giving a few "hints" with your telekinesis. After about two hour's worth of practice... it's time.

youtube.com/watch?v=akDKRow0QiA

You and Chi-chi ready yourselves, Goku and the kids watching closely. Okay, this is it. Not going to fail again.

"Fuuuuuuu..."

"-SION!"

"HAAAAA!"

Light envelopes your bodies as you feel your Ki pool together... but unlike your attempt with Alena, this seems to really, truly "flow" correctly. Your power swirls together. A warmth fills both your bodies as the two of you... become one.

You open your eyes, spotting the surprised family members. You feel... like it really did work! "WE DID IT!" you cheer, jumping into the air. As you do, you notice strands of both black and red hair. Giving a quick look in the water, you see it's multicolored... huh. Redder on the top, black on the bottom. Ooh, and you're a bit taller than you were as Maple... but shorter than you were as Chi-chi.

Peppa and Izzy both approach you at the same time, looking at you curiously. "Mama?" they ask together, confused and a little worried.

>A. Pick up your daughters, "Yes sweeties, it's me. Well, us."
>B. Test this out a bit, try to see how strong it's made you
>C. Thoughts, Goku?
>D. Something else?

>A. Pick up your daughterus, "Yes sweeties, it's me. Well, us."
>C. Thoughts, Goku?

>C. Thoughts, Goku?

>>A. Pick up your daughters, "Yes sweeties, it's me. Well, us."

after hugs

>>B. Test this out a bit, try to see how strong it's made you

How does Machi feel towards Acer? I don't actually care. I just think it's weird to think about.

Pretty much this:

Also, perhaps Machi should spar with Goku a bit to find out just how powerful they really are? I mean, we can probably get a numerical value or a Ki sensing, but a demonstration would be the best to get a feel for actual speed and power and all that.

>"I am neither Chichi or Maple, I am Machi!"

>C. Thoughts, Goku?

"Goku, go SSJ. I wanna see if we can match you now at your strongest!"

>D. "Mamamama? Hmm..."

>D. Realize you feel more shame and inhibition when part of you feels like posing.

Hey...uh hi Chi-chi. You here? CAN YOU UNDER STAND US?!

Nice to have your voice in the collective.

>A. Pick up your daughters, "Machi."

What the actual fuck is all this?

Translation: "Hi there."

>Chichi might be aware that she's our #1 choice
EVERYONE DON'T THINK ABOUT IT

Too late.

What are your thoughts on Maple's and Peppa's surnames and choice in outfits?

Chuu Lee must never know she's second.

>Implying Maple isn't Chichi's #1 choice

>Meanwhile Maple is in Chichi Quest, freaking the fuck out.

Fine I guess? It's not really a big deal on both accounts.

What is a big deal is why there are so many of you in Maple's head!?

She breathed in some fumes as a kid.

Goddamnit I swear I put the name on there. Must of done it in options.

Wait until you meet a farm boy named Kaguya. Don't even try to read his thoughts.

gingers are inferior to humans

Is it like this but worse?

Something do with Tuffle biology? Does Acer have this too!?

>Does Acer have this too!?

Yes.

We're more civil though.

>Does Acer have this too!?
SHIT SHE FOUND OUT

ABORT

ABORT

That's nice dear.

Nah, he was never brave enough to inhale a whole destron ball.

So you're the reason Acer cares so much about his swords. Innuendo intended.

when I was little my daddy would share scraps of his victims with me at supper time

Part of the reason, perhaps.

A pair of twin spirits are also a big reason too.

I wish those namefags (who are obviously one guy who switches names every other post) would get bent

You pick up your daughters and hug them tight. "Machi. Close enough, girls." They seem a little confused, and you giggle softly. "Yes sweeties, it's me. Well... us, I guess." Huh, voice has a bit of an echo. Ah, like the other fusions. You set Peppa and Izzy down, giving a little stretch. Hrmn. Clothes are a bit... lighter than you're used to. Especially around the chest. Eh.

"So... Ma...chi?" Goku tries to repeat, approaching. "Eheh, this is a little different. But wow, you sure got strong all of a sudden. You're stronger than Yamcha is now, I think. This fusion stuff is really something!"

You smirk a little. "Well, I'm betting you're just itching to see how strong it's made me." You take a fighting stance. A bit of sparring won't hurt. Just don't... well, just keep the more Maple-y thoughts away for a bit. Egh, yeah, a bit too strange. Yeah not going to ponder on anything related to that until you're unfused. "Ready, Goku?"

He powers up and smiles. "Ready."

>A. Bring back a classic: Ki Jan Ken!
>B. Defend and dodge, see how well you can handle that before trying anything more difficult
>C. Regular sparring to start, then hit 'em with full power
>D. Something else?

one time on our travels Acer lost all his money in a game of poker and in order to clear his debt I had to do things

>>C. Regular sparring to start, then hit 'em with full power

Shoot him in the forehead with an enhanced Geist Magnum.

>B. Defend and dodge, see how well you can handle that before trying anything more difficult

Gotta see if this is something that "Machi" has to get used to, or if control of their body is instinctual.

>A

So what techniques are unique to Chichi that we have access too?

Without a technique list for each of our characters I can't think of super cool combinations...

She knows a lot of what we know, so our regular techniques should have some more...oomph to them.

1d20, best of five. DC is 17.

Rolled 12 (1d20)

MACH SPEED MACHI!

Rolled 6 (1d20)

Rolled 3 (1d20)

I believe

You 'believed' in the wrong direction

Rolled 9 (1d20)

I don't believe. Have a 1.

Rolled 20 (1d20)

CLUTCH

Close one.

Writing...

Rolled 16, 14 = 30 (2d20)

I roll to convince Acer and Goku into a threeway.

Dats nasty user. Acer is our brother. sort of

I kinda wanna see an Acer Goku fusion just to make things even weirder.

Acer + Goku = AKU

You blitz towards Goku, catching his fist as he tries to strike you. He makes for a hard kick to your side, but realizes too late that you left an afterimage, quickly grabbing him by his tail and flinging him to the ground. He pushes back up and blocks your next strike, but you've already worked around that into delivering a hard knee to the gut. He stumbles slightly, striking you back with an elbow to the face, but you quickly recover and deliver a powerful uppercut. Goku gives a more serious, enthusiastic look and prepares a Kamehameha...

But you've already bolted behind him with the Raio-ken, a Geist Magnum striking him in the back of the head. He rolls and gives a shout of "KAIO-KEN!" as he prepares to attack you, but you unleash your Raio-Ten immediately, easily overpowering him with it and knocking him into the water.

For a moment you want to make a flashy victory pose... but you decide against it, powering down and heading to the ledge. Goku pokes his head out of the water, laughing. "Wow, I might need Super Saiyan to beat you like that, Ma-...chi."

You help him out, giving a respectful bow. "Guess the fusion worked perfectly."

Goku laughs. "Oh boy, I can't wait to try it out with Raditz, I bet-"

"No." Raditz's voice grumbles, the two of you noticing him as he lands.

"Why not?" you ask, frowning at him.

He gives an irritated sigh. "Ma...chi. Whatever your name is. I thought something was off with your Ki, and while I will admit you're stronger than either of you were individually, I... just... are you aware of how stupid that technique looks?"

"Oh come on Raditz, results are more than worth it!" Goku states, pointing at you.

"I refuse to ever use that technique." Raditz gives adamantly.

>A. Raditz, come on, not even as a last resort?
>B. Fiiiiiine, your loss
>C. Another round, Goku?
>D. ...huh, Chi-chi was planning a bachelorette party for Launch?
>E. Something else?

>>A. Raditz, come on, not even as a last resort?

>C. Another round, Goku?

>C. Another round, Goku?

"Fine, Raditz. Why not come up with a fusion technique that doesn't require posing/dancing then? Instead of complaining how it looks, improve on it."

>Chichi in pastebin 490,000
>Maple in pastebin 615,000
>Goku in pastebin 3,400,000

We trounced Goku pretty easily so I guess I'll take a shot at guessing the strength of the fusion. Is it the strength of the individuals added together and then multiplies it by....oh I don't know...4?

Raditz is kinda reminding me of angryanon. Anyone else getting that?

>C. Another round, Goku?
>D. ...huh, Chi-chi was planning a bachelorette party for Launch?

When you're fused, you don't even need to gossip!

That's right, we can share techniques now! No secrets!