Horus Heresy General /hhg/

If You're Going To Rape A Man In His Dreams, And Become Pregnant At Least Keep Him Interested Edition
Afternoon Bread Sub-Edition
In the last bread one user asked for help with Scion models as SM scouts, Alpharius and Omegon's origins was talked about, fortification and polls were discussed, one user brought up that there are too many players of certain legions in these threads, fake(maybe) rules to the new Praetor model was posted, WB ranks were brought up, and we saw a true BA Levi dread plus much more in the old bread Red Book Links:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.zippyshare.com%2Fv%2Fs15Jqk1t%2Ffile.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): kat.cr/usearch/"Forge World" heresy user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Sorry for the wait and rushed summary

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10558764
kat.cr/user/Epistolary/uploads/
youtube.com/watch?v=lf0NCHMWcZA
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Fists#What_it_means_to_be_an_Imperial_Fist
youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for fortifying this thread.

Second for cool fan art!

I love that chick's Emperor picture. His face is what gets me.
>Finally this series can end.

Agreed.

>1 dollar to 1.36 British pound sterling

LOOKS LIKE FW IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS

The Legion Devastation force is marked at Last Chance.

And I have no money.

Literally nobody has ever drawn an attractive Fulgrim

We've been over this before.

Finally bought the Battle for Calth set thanks to the falling pound. Word Bearers here I come!

Errata was updated today

ordered 10 Phalanx Warder upgrades last night thanks to Brexit. Any opinions on how I should build a ten man squad of them? Not sure how many axes to use, melta guns, whether I should put them in a Dreadclaw or Land Raider, etc...

Another brother who has seen to seek the Primordial Truth! Wonderful!

Anyways, what's everyone's favorite Primarch quotes?

>‘This is too much,’ the Lion said, grasping Guilliman’s arm. His anger was at Sanguinius but he could not vent his frustration at the Imperator. ‘You let Curze get this close?’

>‘Let?’ Guilliman looked down at the Lion’s grip on his wrist and back up to the primarch, an eyebrow raised. The Lion did not release his arm.

>‘Do not quibble over words. We were all agreed, each to our role. Neither you nor I can lead the new Imperium. Our brother is the Imperator Regis, the new leader of mankind, the seed of the future.’

>The Lion’s voice rose to a snarl. ‘And you allowed Curze to lay hands on him!’

>Guilliman wrenched away.

>‘I allowed nothing! I was protecting the beacon at Sotha. What Imperium would we have if we allow the ruinstorm to bring back the division of the Old Night? Where was the Lord Protector? In theory you are the guardian, but in practical terms you were of no use.’

>‘Insult me again, brother, and theoretically I will punch you in your practical face,’ snapped the Lion, raising a fist.

This is fun.

>Fulgrim gets so obsessed with Sanguinius being prettier than him he starts wearing wings.

>I will punch you in your practical face,’ snapped the Lion, raising a fist.
That's an exterminatus tier threat he's waving around.
I wouldn't blame him. I think someone once made stats for that wing.

That fists noob from the other day, what do you all think about what I've put together?
+++ Sigi Noob (2000pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2000pts) ++

+ HQ (230pts) +

Sigismund (230pts) [Master of the Legion]

+ Troops (995pts) +

Legion Tactical Squad (200pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts)]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant (15pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts), Melta Bombs (5pts)]

Legion Tactical Squad (195pts) [Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier (35pts), 9x Legion Tactical Space Marines (90pts)]
··Legion Tactical Sergeant (10pts) [Artificer Armour (10pts)]

Templar Brethren (600pts) [8x Combat Shield (40pts), Land Raider Phobos (250pts), Melta Bombs (25pts), 8x Templar Brethren (200pts)]
··Chapter Champion (10pts) [Combat Shield (5pts), Power Fist (5pts)]

+ Elites (455pts) +

Contemptor Dreadnought Talon (240pts)
··Legion Contemptor Dreadnought (240pts) [Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod (65pts)]

Legion Terminator Squad (215pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Legion Terminators (120pts), 4x Power Fist (20pts), Teleportation Transponder (15pts)]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant (5pts) [Power Fist (5pts)]

+ Heavy Support (320pts) +

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron (320pts)
··Legion Vindicator Tank (165pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Laser Destroyer Array (10pts), Machine Spirit (25pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]
··Legion Vindicator Tank (155pts) [Dozer Blade (5pts), Machine Spirit (25pts), Twin-Linked Bolter (5pts)]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

I'm at exactly 2000 points, I don't really know what weapons options would be better for the dreadnought. If i'd want to change them, then I'd take out a tacitcal squad and add another templar bro

Which book is that from? Giggly's?

>‘I have already re-evaluated our defences and protocols,’ Guilliman said quickly when the Lion rounded on him. ‘He most assuredly is not in Macragge Civitas now.’

>‘Your forgiveness also, Roboute,’ the Lion continued, though there was no longer any apology in his tone, ‘but I care nothing for your assertions of security. It is not so much the case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, as entrusting the same ignorant stablehand with repeating the task he performed so insufficiently before.’

>‘Ignorant stablehand?’ Guilliman restrained his temper with obvious effort, his hand strayed towards the hilt of the blade at his waist and then rose to point accusingly at the Lion. ‘You were not here! I had to protect Sotha! I destroyed their fleet, and an army of Night Lords there! Enemies that you, Lord Protector, were supposed to keep from our gate…’

>‘You are right,’ said the Lion. ‘You are right. I should not have left. Even I underestimated his insanity. Which of us in our right mind would have stayed on Macragge with all the wrath of three Legions upon him? But Curze is of no right mind and here he is, not a thorn in our side but a dagger poised above our heart.’

-Angels of Caliban

>‘He never left Macragge,’ Sanguinius said firmly. His expression saddened. ‘I know why he really came to me. He came seeking something he cannot get from the Emperor any more. Something none will give him. Forgiveness.’

>‘Forgiveness?’ snarled Guilliman. ‘I would throw the rafters of my house on the flames that burn him if it helped! Forgiveness?’

>He stuttered into a red-faced silence. The Lion looked away, hiding the sneer he had felt creeping across his lips.

>‘Exactly,’ said Sanguinius, but the Lion was not convinced by his tone. ‘Curze is deranged. He thinks he is good. That he is doing the Emperor’s work, even now, perhaps. He wants to believe the Emperor made him a broken puppet so that he can convince himself he was right all along. Vindication, my brothers. He knows he cannot be forgiven, but he thinks his actions can be vindicated.’

>‘And he thought you would agree?’ The Lion had to wonder why Curze might be led to believe that. He was mad, but in his madness he was shrewd and observant. He had manipulated events and his brothers far too smoothly to be underestimated on that count. ‘Why so, my lord emperor?’

>‘He thought I would kill him.’

>‘I am sure you tried,’ Guilliman said with a bitter laugh. ‘Or considered it.’

>Sanguinius shook his head. ‘I did not. I could not. How could I kill something so wretched?’

>‘Mercy, for that creature?’ The Lion took in a deep breath to reign in his ire. He let it out before continuing. ‘Did he offer you his neck? You suspected a trick, yes? You did not strike because the offer was not true?’

>‘He was sincere. But you are also right. It would have granted him absolution. He would have taken it as a righteous death.’

>‘But he would have been dead, brother, all the same,’ said Guilliman, and the Lion nodded in agreement.

>‘No, that is not the way the universe works.’ Sanguinius moved his gaze away and stared into the shadows. ‘Stones in the water. Ripples that spread and touch others. Motion and reaction. All acts have consequences. Had I slain him in cold blood, the murder would be upon me.’

>‘Execution, not murder,’ the Lion had to point out.

>‘Murder. There can be no execution without trial.’

>Sanguinius stepped into the darkness, raising a hand to his temple as though pained.

Might as well post my EC list
Maru Skara 2500 Points

[HQ]
Praetor: 230 Points
>Phoenix Spear, Jump Pack, Iron Halo, Digital Lasers, Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, Thunder Hammer, Sonic Shrieker
Champion: 140 Points
>Artifier Armour, Phoenix Spear, Jump Pack, Sonic Shrieker
Champion: 140 Points
>Artifier Armour, Phoenix Spear, Jump Pack, Sonic Shrieker

[Elites]
10 Palatine Blades: 450 Points
>Phoenix Spears, Jump Packs, Sonic Shriekers
10 Palatine Blades: 245 Points
>Phoenix Spear on Sergeant

[Troops]
3x 10 Tactical Marines: 450 Points

[Fast Attack]
2x 10 Seekers: 520 Points
>Artificer Armour on Sergeant

[Heavy Support]
Sicaran Battle Tank: 135 Points
Sicaran Venator: 190 Points

2500 Points

Tacticals and one seeker squad being kept back along with the vehicles. Move up the table and score objectives while the vehicles shoot things, simple enough. Palatines and second seeker squad outflank on turn 2, HQs all go with the jump pack palatines who have the job of charging the biggest enemy units they can (inflict like 14 wounds on cataphractii the turn they charge meaning even two wound terminators will generally lose to them), other palatines charge anything with just a 3+ save or if really needed they can charge TEQs averaging 4 wounds against cataphractii when they charge or 8 wounds against MEQs, they also have the job of backing up the jump pack palatines if they get in deep trouble. Outflanking seekers have the job of helping pick off high value targets, particularly the enemy HQ.

I figure caught between the guns in front of them as well as the guns outflanking them and a flying pike square the enemy HQ is pretty much guaranteed to die unless it is a primarch. Once the enemy HQ is dead the outflanking units can proceed to hunt down units in the enemy backfield crippling their ability to score by slaughtering troops and terminators. Complete lack of AA and lack of real much anti-tank is bad but I hope that the venator can effectively disable anything with guns and anything without guns can be ignored and its cargo slaughtered.

At 3500 points I add two contemptor dreadnoughts each with an autocannon and CCW as well as 3 more tactical squads and another venator. Figure the autocannons should help against rhinos and stuff so I don't have to charge them while the three tac squads spread out my capturing ability and combined with the added turn one mobility makes capping multiple objectives much easier. Also allows me to use them to help cover my vehicles at least tying up enemies long enough to do what I need.

Its a one click bundle where you save a whopping 1 pound(870 vs 871) with a free poster thrown in. You aren't missing out on anything.

If you want to save money buy the 3 BaC boxes from a third party at 20% off and then buy the Forgeworld items.

Pretty sure it was around $30 savings, with it totalling up to almost $1300.

Now with the £ at an all-time low, it's around $1100.

I don't see how the best helmet ever makes Fulgrim more attractive, simply more glorious.

strawpoll.me/10558764

LEGION CENSUS

pls add to OP template to get a general idea of the entire demography

>People complaining about there being too many Imperial Fists.
>Only 2/99 people play them.

Voted and accounted for, battle brother

3 thank you very much.
Granted I'm so new I haven't actually got to play it, still trying to make my army list.

Soon I shall paint. Soon.

>‘My liege, I do not know what is happening here, but I am sure it can wait a while. We need your guidance. The ship is under sustained attack, from creatures that are almost impervious to our weapons.’

>‘The punishment of oath-breakers brooks no delay,’ said Nemiel.

>‘Oath-breaker?’ said Corswain, looking at Asmodeus. ‘I do not understand.’

>‘My little brother has transgressed,’ said the Lion, his tone even. ‘Upon being attacked, he broke the Edict of Nikaea and unleashed the powers of his mind.’

>‘He performed sorcery,’ snarled Nemiel. ‘The same vileness perpetrated by the Night Lords that now threatens our ship!’

>‘That is to be decided, Brother-Redemptor,’ said the Lion. ‘I have not yet delivered my verdict.’

>‘The Council of Nikaea was absolute, my liege,’ said Nemiel. ‘Warriors of the Librarius were to curtail their powers. Asmodeus has breached the oath he swore.’

>‘Did it work?’ said Corswain.

>‘What?’ said Nemiel, turning his skull-faced helm in the direction of the seneschal.

>‘Asmodeus, did your powers destroy the enemy?’

>The former Librarian said nothing, but looked up at the primarch and nodded.

>‘Interesting,’ said the primarch, his green eyes fixing on Corswain.

>‘I have seen first-hand what these things can do. They are…’ said the seneschal, hesitating. He took a breath and continued. ‘We face nephilla, my liege, or something akin to them. They are not wholly physical and our weapons do little damage to their unnatural flesh.’

>‘They are creatures of the warp, lauded primarch.’ The group of Dark Angels turned as the Chief Navigator Lady Fiana approached. ‘They are made of warp-stuff, and the breach has allowed them to manifest in our world. They cannot be destroyed, only sent back. The gaze of our third eyes can harm them.’

>‘Is this true?’ asked the Lion, stooping to lay a hand on the shoulder of Asmodeus. ‘Were your powers capable of harming our attackers?’

>‘From the warp they come, and with the power of the warp they can be banished again,’ said the Librarian. He stood as the Lion changed his grip and guided the legionary to his feet. He met the primarch’s gaze for a moment and then looked away again. ‘Brother-Redemptor Nemiel is right, my liege. I have broken the oath I swore.’

>‘A grave crime, and one that I will be sure to prosecute properly when the current situation has been resolved,’ said the Lion. He looked at Nemiel. ‘There are two others of the Librarius aboard – Hasfael and Alberein. Bring them here.’

>‘This is a mistake, my liege,’ said Nemiel, shaking his head. ‘The abominations that attack us, these nephilla, are a conjuration of sorceries. I swore an oath also, to uphold the Edict of Nikaea. To unleash further sorcery will endanger us even more. Think again, my liege!’

>‘I have issued an order, Brother-Redemptor,’ said the Lion, drawing himself up to his full height.

>‘One that I cannot follow,’ said Nemiel, his tone hard though his hands trembled with the effort of defying his primarch.

>‘My authority is absolute,’ the Lion said. He clenched his fists, his lips drawn back to reveal gleaming teeth.

>A cold chill crept up the observer’s spine, as the Lion took on his name in countenance. He thought he saw something savage emerging, but the Brother-Redemptor was oblivious, or chose to ignore the warning signs. He wanted to cry out, to urge the Chaplain to cease his protest, but he feared intervening in the unfolding drama.

>‘The Edict of Nikaea was issued by the Emperor, my liege,’ said Nemiel. ‘There is no higher authority.’

>‘Enough!’ The Lion’s roar drowned out all other sound.

>He was not entirely sure what happened next. The Lion moved and a split second later a cracked skull-faced helm was spinning through the dull glowing lights of the strategium, cutting a bloody arc through the air. Nemiel’s headless corpse clattered to the floor as the Lion held up his hand, pieces of ceramite embedded in the fingertips of his gore-spattered gaunt–

Who was in the right here? Nemiel or the Lion?

I don't know, but Gav Thorpe was in the wrong.

The Lion. Nemiel had his heart in the right place, but the Emperor wouldn't mind Libbies using their powers against Horus and friends.
But also this.

Naw I just added it up to double check since its been awhile.
586 for all of the tanks, storm eagle and techmarine and 285 for the 3 BaC boxes.
It's still 870 vs 871.

It's a last chance bundle because it doesn't offer any savings, nobody but a select few would need that particular bundle of models, and a free poster doesn't make up for it.

If the Pound drops further than by all means jump on it but don't cry if you miss out.

They were both autistic as hell.
Lion: Get me some psykers
Nemiel: No the Edict of Nikea says that blah blah blah
Everyone: But the daemons are weak to psykers
Nemiel: Doesn't matter, can't do it
*Lion proceeds to murder a marine outright*

Also Lion needs a special rule for his punches in 30k seeing how he punched Curze, Russ, punched a marine's head clean off, and IIRC he also punched Guilliman
>Sucker Punch: Instead of making his normal attacks Lion can make a single Str D attack at the Initiative 10 step of combat as long as the target isn't a non-walker vehicle

Look at this Semen Marine.

do we have a reliable ressource for hh audiobooks?

Here I thought only Cruddance and my brother had a face that makes me want to punch it.

kat.cr/user/Epistolary/uploads/

Yep.

Get lost with your Imperial Fucking Fists.

They probably will just add Instant Death to all his attacks, making him a great assault primarch but still nowhere near Horus and probably Sanguinius' skill.

From one comment in False Gods it seems like Horus got punched once.

thx bro

Rude.....

I take it you don't care for the VIIth legion? Fluff or Crunch?

I haven't got to play a game yet, so I don't know what the deal is.

>makes it seems like
Fixed.

Daily reminder this is literally how the end duel between Magnus and Russ was:

youtube.com/watch?v=lf0NCHMWcZA

I am now imagining situations for Lion punching out everyone important in the Imperium. People we still need
>Emperor
>Malcador
>Fulgrim
>Sanguinius
>Dorn
>Corax
>Apharius Omegon
>Lorgar
>Angron
>Ferrus
>Vulkan
>Khan
>Mortarion
>Magnus
>Some very unfortunate Imperial Army general

Why did you quote my army list?

Did Lion punch fateweaver when he offered him 'Freedom'?

Fluff and almost every time I see a legion list, it's Imperial Fists. It's nice to see an EC list for once.

Hey hhg, think Ive opted for luna wolves, but was wondering what armor to get, as sons of horus are way to spiky and eye of horus-filled for me to use, I was thinking Mk. II armor with White Scars heads and SoH chest pieces with the eye filed off. Ideas, opinions?

I can imagine that the Lion did get into a couple practice/actual fights with his bros, and he's bound to have punched nearly all of them before. He's probably responsible for Fulgrim's ugly mug I bet. The fist fight with Ferrus probably ended in a two way KO though.
I think maybe.
Calm down, Word Bear. For every 10 walls there is going to be 100 Fist players.

For every other legion, there will be 5 Fist players.

There are several reasons for that.

And then Luther punched him so hard he is still knocked out 10,000 years later.

Everyone loves Space Habsburg.

So Lion's punches were taught, not genetic. I think the Dark Angels may be based more on monks than knights.

Sorry, clicked the wrong thing.

I was told it's good for new players, and I wanted to have a character as a commander. Felt right.

>not genetic
Gene-seed, user.

Were Godwyn pattern bolters in 30k?

>Insult me again, brother, and theoretically I will punch you in your practical face,’ snapped the Lion, raising a fist.

1st Legion best Legion

I usually run meltas on my squad of 15 with 2 power weapons. I don't run them into melee but if they get bogged down I cover them with tacts or heavy support so they just absord whatever damage goes through.

Luther didn't have geneseed, he was an augmented pseudo Marine

He had some didn't he? Just not all of it.

so can a lightning strike fighter dump its load of 3x 2 kraken missiles in one turn or does each missile count as one weapon, the missiles are bought in pairs so are they used in pairs?

I see way more AL, WB and WE list trips

Not really

But I digress, they are the best legion

Nope. He's closer to an Imperial assassin or thunder warrior than a marine. Custom job.

The only good thing is the colour scheme and an excuse to use MKIII.

They are easy to field so a lot of beginners pick them up. Good example on how being vinilla isn't a bad thing.

Plus fluff wise they are the best.

Toppest of keks. Second worst legion.

10 thousand sons, I wonder how many actually play them or collect them

1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Fists#What_it_means_to_be_an_Imperial_Fist

Do we know what Sky-Slayers are yet?

Seem merciful Jesus Christo. I only have one nitpick. That part about the Iron Warriors becoming more enraged as their brothers died. That seems a little out of character.

Attack Jetbikes.

I'll be honest. I started with BaC and was deciding between Alpha Legion and Imperial Fists from December until February for my first legion because I wanted to keep the cost down while dipping my toes in 30k. A friend of mine gave me the cool looking Emperor's Champion model from 40k for free and that settled the decision to Fist.

IF>other legions>NL>WB

Cute coming from a word bearers tripfag

That's all fine and dandy, user. I just have one question. Do you model your Fists in a way that people can tell by the way they walk they're crusading men?

>A friend of mine gave me the cool looking Emperor's Champion model from 40k for free and that settled the decision to Fist.
That doesn't make any sense.

He could be modeling his legion as swagsmunds company

Why is no one talking about this little fella?

Is that a motherfucking Jet-Chariot?

Beautiful

We didn't think about him?

What would make a better unit for Kharn to join a FC Vet quad with power weapons and an apothecary or a Butchers squad?

namefagging is contra-primordial truth and antithetical to the dictat of the blessed urizen, brother

The Lion vs Konrad.

>crusading men

Alright men we are back again
Hi! Hi! We're your Battle-Brothers and have we got news for you
Tell them Sir!
Get ready all you'll lonely girls
And leave those camo-cloaks at home
Hatred rising, patience's gettin' low
According to all sources forward's the place to go
Tonight for the second time just about half past ten
For the second time in history it's gonna start crusading men
It's Crusading men, Hallelujah, it's Crusading men Amen
I'm gonna go out, I'm gonna let myself go absolutely fucking mad
It's Crusading men, Hallelujah it's Crusading men, every specimen
Tall blond dark and lean rough and tough and strong and mean
ITS CRUSADING MEN!

youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E

yep. modeling them as Sigismund's elite speartip. So they all are going to have that black armor with yellow shoulders/helms theme.

Missile barrage special rule

Boring model and lacklustre rules.

Thank you, user. You put a smile on my face.

Epub when?

Buy the damn thing you fucker.

With what?

>Who was in the right here?
Zahariel.

>Legio Titanicus Mars Warlord Battle Titan (HH5 – page 262; Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List – page 92) A Legio Titanicus Mars Warlord Battle Titan may upgrade any Arioch Titan Power Claw it possesses to be fitted with an integral Vulcan Megabolter for +75 points each.

Only change I can spot.