Magical Burst Thread

Sup Veeky Forums.

Anyone have experience with this system? I've been thinking of running it for my group of turbo weebs and would love to hear any stories.

Either about the system itself, the party or even full storytimes.

It's all good in my book.

Apparently there's a new version but it looks kind of dead.

I have experience with third and fourth drafts, but what exactly do you want to know about it?

Ewen works in fits and starts. It's not permanently dead but he hasn't said anything about it in a while.

>but what exactly do you want to know about it?
How quickly can it be set up? How's the balance? Should I change some of those tables to be more "magical girl" and less ecchi fanservice schlock? Nothing against that type of thing per se but it seems really out of place if you're not running Prism Ina or what that shit was called.

>How quickly can it be set up?
Takes like fifteen minutes to roll up characters, assuming you fuck around a normal amount.
>Balance
It depends. If your PCs go full operator on the youma, you'll need to be creative to power them up. Other than that, the biggest problem is that combat takes longer than you probably want to. 5th draft is supposed to fix this by adding an alternate non-boss combat mechanic, but with the alpha in its current state, I wouldn't recommend messing about with it for someone who isn't already familiar with Magical Burst. You could, I don't know you, but it would be a lot more work.

>Should I change some of those tables
Which ones are you thinking of? I actually don't recommend fucking with the tables, they're pretty good. A common house rule though: Give players the option to swap the digits on OC table rolls (so 64 could also be 46) and get the one they prefer, and be casual about character creation, let people use whatever rolls they like, or even not roll and just make stuff up.

Magical Burst doesn't get anywhere near as lewd as Prisma Ilya unless you or your players intentionally go there, even without modification.

>Magical Burst doesn't get anywhere near as lewd as Prisma Ilya unless you or your players intentionally go there, even without modification.
I game my group (I wasn't in that particular game.) was running turned into sex withing one and a half session.

Your group are perverts. This has never happened to me.

Oh my.

Details. Or get the players to post if they Veeky Forums

>if they Veeky Forums
I see what you did there.

Will do.

I will not deny this at all.

Heart overcharge is one hell of a drug.

Okay, so I was one of the players from this game. My character, Maika, started the game having recently been harshly rejected by the object of her schoolgirl desires. So, a part of her personality involved being pretty desperate for affection. One of the other player characters was Maika's old friend, Yuuki. Sort of. It's complicated.

Long story short, the first battle left Maika with a lot of Heart overcharge, and she ended up pushing Yuuki up against a tree and passionately kissing her. Yuuki, although not under the influence of Heart overcharge, returned the affection.

Although Maika didn't know it at the time, the character “Yuuki” was actually a Youma that had hunted and eaten the girl, Yuuki, taking on some of her memories and identity. And, as it happened, the old Yuuki had had feelings for Maika. So, not quite used to being human, Yuuki simply went along with things. When Maika went back home, Yuuki went with her. They sat down together and had a few glasses of iced tea. That should have been the end of things, only Maika's glass shattered and left her with some pretty nasty cuts on her hand.

The point is, licking the blood from someone's hand and fingers can very easily develop into more serious matters.

>The point is, licking the blood from someone's hand and fingers can very easily develop into more serious matters.
That raises even more questions.

Hear overcharge at its lewdest gets you the kind of sappy shit you'd expect from a six year old, not actual sex.

When a girl has her non-human parts telling her that blood looks delicious then sucking on bleeding fingers is perfectly normal. It's also perfectly normal for a thirsty as fuck teenage girl to take that as a sign to push matters further.

>When a girl has her non-human parts telling her that blood looks delicious then sucking on bleeding fingers is perfectly normal. It's also perfectly normal for a thirsty as fuck teenage girl to take that as a sign to push matters further.
Your GM is the most patient motherfucker in the world.

He more or less knew what he was getting into. He's also the one that originally said the blood looked appealing to the part Youma girl.

It's all in good fun and it wouldn't happen if he didn't encourage it. Most likely anyways, not this fast at the very least.

Isn't Magical Burst of a complete mechanical shitpile that fails to recreate even what it's trying to rip off (Madoka)?

>Isn't Magical Burst of a complete mechanical shitpile that fails to recreate even what it's trying to rip off (Madoka)?
It's much less of a shitpile now. Not DtD40k level by any stretch of the imagination but it's servicable.

Over time it's kind of obtained its own identity. It's not at all good for recreating Madoka, but as its own thing it works pretty well.

>that magical boy section though
Fucking why Ewe.

He started drinking the SJW kool-aid really fucking hard at some point between 4e and the 5e alpha.

I really look forward to the future where swarms of these people sit around feeling embarrassed they actually bought into half of this shit.

A vast majority will have committed suicide by that point due to hormones and shit fucking them up horribly to actually get to look back on their fuckups.

Oh yeah the people who actually do it are fucked.
I'm talking about the ones who just pushed it this hard.

What happened? Or is it another /pol/ fearmongering campaign?

It was inspired by madoka, but isn't supposed to recreate it. There's an alternate ruleset in the third draft (iirc) to emulate it more closely.

It's not a masterpiece mechanically but it does what it's supposed to well enough. It's better than Exalted anyway.

Sort of like D&D's relationship to Tolkien fantasy.