Warhammer 40k General

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Talk 'n' Balk edition

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=T65rW_SIzg0
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1st for the Corsair Kings!

>orks melee i2 meme

>Orks are a melee race!
>I2

>a nose

>space marines are cool!
>under 13 or manchild

>Tau are cool!
>Overweight and or weeb

Well this thread has started out with the usual meme posts so let's do something different. You must decide the color scheme for a Titan Legion. What colors do you use?

>Eldar are cool!
>Completely normal or the biggest autist in the world

In your experiance, how hard is it to dislodge a full 10 man scout squad with camo cloaks squatting an objective using infiltrate?

can i haz original pic?
tau sexy..

Red-hued silver and gold for metal framing
Warhounds have dark grey scale patterned armor. Reavers have dark green scale patterned armor
Warlords have either dark grey or dark green with the head the opposite color.
At least that's what my color scheme will be.

That is the original pic

assuming they are using terrain and have 3+ cover saves.

Iridescent purple.

Only acceptable color for Gods of War.

no its not you fucking liar

Pink with blue rhinestone sequins.

peach with passion fruit blotches.

gloss black with red triangle patterns razor trim.

I support you, Godzilla Legion.
m.youtube.com/watch?v=T65rW_SIzg0
Why? I'm curious.
Now I want to know how that would look.

Dazzle camo

Techmarine=95
Servo harness, auspex

Tactical squad=180
10 marines, Plasma gun, plasma cannon, combi-plasma, The Imperial Space Marine
Tactical squad=175
10 marines, power sword, grav gun, melta bombs
Scout squad=60
Sniper rifles

Sternguard squad=320
10 marines, melta gun, plasma gun, 4 combi-weapons, rhino
1: Dreadnought=100
2: Dreadnought=110
Missile launcher
3: Ironclad dreadnought=145
Heavy flamer
4: Venerable dreadnought=145
Assault cannon, heavy flamer
5: Dreadnought=120
Double autocannons
6: Contemptor Dreadnought=190
Plasma cannon, autocannons

Deredeo dreadnought=220
Aiolos Missile launcher

Culexeus assassin=140

Going up against an IG and SM player in a 1v2 tomorrow. I know for a fact that they IG player will be bringing some Melta vets and Scout sentinels while the SM player will have a Vindicator and Predator Executioner that he kicked my ass with last week. I hope to fuck he doesn't bring Arthas Moloch.
Would an Eversor assassin be a better idea? I'm looking for something that will cause major concern and draw firepower

ohh, someone remembered my idea

not that hard, but then s8 ap5 large blast ignore cover at bs5 is made for killing scouts

Heavy flamers exist

Same guy you suggested that to originally. That's the dazzle? My eyes, Anons. My eyes.
I miss that show. Shame how the just forgot about Durge though.

so is it worth the extra points and drop pods/transports/ground slogging to get tac marines on an objective?

Beautiful isn't it?

whats that thing called?

I can't find murdercycle in the demons codex.

Bone

wrong picture

Nah, scouts are fine.
So long as your opponent doesn't have much ignores cover (tau) they can be a tough nut to crack, especially since most players focus on bringing AP3 and 2 to try dealing with the reat of your army.
A scout heavy list is a nasty suprises for people spamming plasma and grav.

Assassins can't draw much firepower because they all have T4 and mediocre saves without EW. One squad is really all it takes to bring one down. On average it takes either three Meltagun/Lascannon shots or 18 Boltgun shots (nine models in Rapid Fire range) to take one down.

skullcannon of khorne

that was weeks ago, you didn't start painting it yet? you'll upset the machine spirit like that

Oh.
So you're saying I should take an extra dreadnought.

Should I buy a Leviathan Dreadnought from FW right now? I want one but I'm worried they'll come out with fancier ones, or I'll want to steal the upcoming Red Scorpions one and modify it instead. This one looks cool but it's a little plain, and with Contemptors they ended up making tons of alternate fancier versions compared to the plain generic one. Glad I didn't buy the original Contemptor when it came out.

Of course they'll come out with a fancier version eventually, forgeworld likes loyalists and dreadnoughts. But hey, it looks cool right? Buy it

Brexist has the pound down by 11%, so you could effectively get it "on sale" before it stabilizes.

Hey. Do atm I play AOS, but I'm thinking about starting 40k after I finish my skaven army. I'm thinking about Khorne daemonkin. Thoughts?

My store just actually started using death from the skies.
My dakka jet went from decent to worthless over-night.

What do I do now?

List rate time?

++ BLOOD ANGELS CAD - 1500 POINTS ++

++ HQ ++
Captain - Artificer armour, Fury of Baal, Valour's Edge, jump pack and meltabombs - 175 points

++ ELITES ++
Death Company Dread - Blood Talons, drop pod, meltagun and heavy flamer - 185 points

15-man Death Company Squad - Four infernus pistols, four power weapons and jump packs for all - 495 points

++ TROOPS ++

10-man Tactical Squad - heavy flamer, Rhino and power weapon on the sarge

10-man Tactical Squad - heavy flamer, Rhino and power weapon on the sarge

++ HEAVY SUPPORT ++

Sicaran Battle Tank - armour ceramite and lascannon sponsons - 195 points

Just a casual list, probably not too good, but feedback is still appreciated.

Oh, and tac squads are 210 points each. Sorry.

mourn his lost and mek guns from it's ashes

Fury of Baal isn't worth the points. Take an Infernus or Bolt Pistol instead.

The Tactical Squads would do better without the power weapon and with a melta gun instead.

Only bad thing I can see about this list is a large amount of points spent on jump pack DC. But at least anything those guys charge will be blendered, just don't expect more than one good action from the squad a game, as they will die to shooting, return fire, and enemy melee.

The DC are also weapons light. I would usually recommend 6 power weapons for a squad of 15 men. Four would be a good amount for a squad of 10.

Alright. Any recommendations on what to do with the spare points?

Now it's less dazzling and just full on sea zebra.
That's not bad actually.
I don't play the game as I'm mostly in this for the fluff. I will however keep it in mind if I do start playing the game and painting up a Titan.

If you have enough to scrape together 55 points or so a unit of 5 scouts will be a big help even if they're just naked bolter ones. They're the best value loyalist marine books have for points per obj sec body and they recently were buffed in WS and BS.

Is using Grav guns against CSM a dick move?

Sweet. Thanks!

Yes. Try not to brutalize them, user.

grav is great for killing everything but nids and daemons

just hanging out for the brilliant discussions and memes eh? i get a lot more enjoyment out of playing and painting

Not in it for the memes. Actual discussion in these threads is nice though.

How do I make a legal CAD with GK Inquisitor and Scions allies? How would it look?
Are allies still limited in how much you can take in terms of elites and heavy support and whatnot?

allies are still limited yes, but you can just take formations instead. nemesis strike force + inquisition detachment + scion getting started formation

Do you not understand how a CAD works? You can't have more than one faction in a CAD.

Primary CAD inquisition detachment and Allied CAD

This is what formations are doing to the playerbase.

Do you even need Grav vs CSM? Loyalist Marines are better in every single way, every slot, special rule, points, formations, etc.
Take the opportunity to play a silly/fun/fluff list against them. You'll still win.

First time DA list, not a clue what the hell I'm doing.

++HQ++
Ezekiel, Grand Master of Librarians (145)

++Troops++
10x Tactical Marines (160)
-Lascannon

10x Tactical Marines (160)
-Lascannon

++Fast Attack++
Rhino (35)

Grand total of 500 points.

Trips confirm.

Rhinos are taken as a dedicated transport for a troops choice and they don't take up a fast attack slot.

>Loyalist Marines are better in every single way,

False. There are some units and options that CSM actually get the better deal, like Raptors, Havocs, and universal access to CCW's for all squads.

They're just better in most ways.

I suppose I could do that, and there's really no other use for it, aside from being Ezekiel's pussy-mobile.

>I suppose I could do that,
That's literally the only way you can do that lol.

You do realize Rhinos don't necessarily need to be dedicated transports, right?

>Allied CAD

That's not how it works. A CAD is a CAD.

What the hell is up with the Night Lords? They're all like "We're the real good guys", but the Marine saying this is sitting on a throne of corpses or some edgy shit like that.

>but muh fast attack slots!

They're just typical bad guys who think the good guys are the real bad guys. They ARE less Chaos corrupted than the other blatantly Chaos worshipping legions so there's that.

You gotta remember, even before they turned to Chaos they were skinning babies and jacking off to their screams.

At least the full-Chaos Legions have an excuse. Night Lords are edgy little shits because daddy didn't let them see Robocop.

The REAL good guys are the Alpha Legion.

user, pls. Just because both they and us have not a clue what the fuck they're doing doesn't mean they're the good guys.

It doesn't mean they're not.

If they're the good guys, why'd they help Horus? And don't even bring up that stupid shit about helping Emps by helping Horus or whatever.

>>Rules databases
>mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
Why do some of the rulebooks look like complete shit? For instance the main rulebook.

Curze did see Robocop. Problem is that Curze liked the Punisher and Batman more. His Frank went batty.

Raptors, Havocs, and all squads dont have atsknf. Or drop pods. Or Chapter tactics. So that kind of outweighs your extremely vague argument.
naming two types of infantry, and pointing out csm tac squads can take chainswords? You can do better than that.

>looking at forgeworld
>chaos knight is $127
>samus is $77
>skarrc is $155
>look at gw
>skarbrand is $130
>lord of skulls is $160

sometimes i wonder about the pricing but then i hate selling and making up prices

some are scanned, some are ebooks.

Starting a Tau army and buying an old battleforce, pirahna, and sniper drone team off a guy on gumtree. What does Veeky Forums reckon?

>don't even bring up

Well that's literally why they did it, as far as we can tell. They realized (or at least believed) that Chaos would continue for exist for as long as the Imperium did. They figured that, for purposes for the Warp, there was a difference between maximum entropy and maximum chaos. Chaos will only die when simplicity is allowed to return to the galaxy. Alpharius/Omegon just figured the best way to get there was destroying the Imperium.

Come to think of it, why don't CSM just get to take Marks for free like Chapter Tactics?

You're going to be ridiculed and despised. Your only option is to paint them to a high end tabletop standard (or better), and be extremely nice and humble while you effortlessly destroy 75% of your opponents.

And denying the Four Gods food by spreading the Imperial Truth wasn't good enough, according to them?

Perfect

Especially considering marks suck balls compared to chapter tactics. Buying the mark, then the icon (which gets killed anyway) is prohibitively expensive, and far inferior to chapter tactics.
The CSM codex is so frighteningly weak, Im surprised GW hasnt updated it if only to remove a shining example of their ineptitude from the hobby.

Does the Imperial Truth magically stop humans from feeling emotion?

>Well that's literally why they did it, as far as we can tell
Or, it could have been Horus finding them and keeping them a secret for a while on his flag-ship, therefore influencing them and inspiring loyalty to him.

The Imperial Truth didn't work.

1) People, or at least most of them, need something to believe in beyond the base reality we live in.

2) The Gods don't just live on direct worship, they live on emotions. The logic of the Cabal and the AL is that if centralized order is destroyed (i.e. the Imperium) and humanity devolves down to way smaller groups, they can prevent the Gods from feeding on too much concentrated emotion.

I mean, no, that may have been what allowed Alph/Omeg to convince the line brothers to switch, but it was talking to the Cabal that really convinced them.

The Cabal wanted Horus to win, become a Daemon Prince who'd destroy humanity on a galaxy wide guilt trip to make life better for aliens, user.

Not even just emotions. Nurgle gets off on the concept of disease and stagnation. He's immortal and all-powerful by virtue of the Imperium's failures of urban planning we call hive worlds.

GW doesn't give a fuck because Chaos shit sells either way.

There's nothing wrong with Formations. Old grognards are just morons that refuse to read the new rules with any degree of attention and then mumble about "much Force Org chart.". That GK/In/Scion guy has asked the same question before weeks ago, and he's just too fucking stupid to spend five minutes reading the rules.

And it's not like The Cabal could have ulterior motives, right?

I remember you morons saying DA and CSM were fine because they were going to make every 6E codex balanced around them. Fucking dumbasses. How're those Tau and Eldar doing?

>Nurgle gets off on the concept of disease and stagnation.
Nurgle gets off on despair. Disease is just his preferred method of inducing it in people.

Ulterior motives as in protecting themselves and their races, sure.

But given how the current state of the Imperium is extremely chaotic I don't think they were wrong.

This.
That's wrong. Making sure GW makes 40k a mess is his favored method.
>thinks letting Horus win would be a good thing

The Imperium wouldn't be the shithole it is if not for Horus going full retard. If the rebellion was just Lorgar it would have been over quickly. But Horus convinced his brothers to join him. Hell, maybe things wouldn't have gone so badly if the Alpha Legion stayed loyal.

Question. Could the AL have acted quickly enough to prevent the Emperor from getting gibbed by Horus?

>Ulterior motives as in protecting themselves and their races, sure
And stopping the rapid expansion of the Imperium did not serve this purpose?