Dragonball Quest #35

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

General Blue

>>youtube.com/watch?v=e6d3gm_upVo

I hereby dedicate this thread to the United Kingdom. Congrats, bongs

I did a poll on whether you guys want the images I use to be event relevant or waifus. Relevant won, but it's gonna take me some time to start stockpiling images, so bear with me

You bend Launch's gun, and you're pretty sure she's about to take a swing at you. So, you talk fast, explaining that Blue's a General in the Red Ribbon Army, and worth a fortune in ransom.

"That right?" she asks.

Next thing you know, she's dashing toward the submarine, hopping in and smirking deviously as she directs the vehicle away from the island, vanishing into the distance with Blue.

"Who was that?" Bulma asks.

"Launch," Goku says. "You've met her already."

"But Launch was nice the last time I saw her," Bulma comments.

"Yeah, we hear that a lot," Krillin says.

>A. Ask Goku to go after her

>B. Ask if anyone knows if she'll be back

>C. Suggest everyone take a little time to rest, it's been a long day

>D. No time to delay, get on the road again

>E. Something else

>C. Suggest everyone take a little time to rest, it's been a long day

>>C. Suggest everyone take a little time to rest, it's been a long day

>>C. Suggest everyone take a little time to rest, it's been a long day

But Som, General Blue isn't in Super.

With the crazy Launch and General Blue gone, at least for the moment, you suggest that everyone just takes a break for a little while.

Bulma stretches. "Sounds good. Today's been exhausting."

"For some of us more than others," Krillin mentions.

Bulma either doesn't hear him, or doesn't care. She looks up at the sky, raising a hand to shield her eyes.

"Well, this seems as good a time as any to get a tan," she comments.

"Yes, excellent idea!" Master Roshi tells her. "Just slip into something nice and revealing, and lie down on a chair."

Bulma gives him a disgusted look. "On second though, maybe I'll just go swimming."

"Swimming sounds good," Krillin agrees. "Last one in's a rotten egg!"

"There are eggs?" Goku asks as Krillin starts running.

Bulma groans at Goku, then strips out of her clothes, revealing the swimsuit she's been wearing underneath, and rushes into the ocean.

"Master Roshi, is there anything to eat?" Goku asks the old man, who is currently preoccupied staring at Bulma.

"Hmm? Yeah, sure, in the kitchen," Roshi answers dismissively.

>A. Go get something to eat

>B. Go swimming with Krillin and Bulma

>C. Take a nap

>D. Challenge Goku to a fight

>E. Go put the capsules and Dragonballs away

>F. Something else

>D. Challenge Goku to a fight

But

AFTER We're rested, ok?

>A. Go get something to eat

>E then A

As Goku makes his way to the kitchen, you suggest that the two of you have a fight once you both relax.

Your friend's tail begins to dance around behind him, and an eager smile appears on his face. He looks like he's going to jump out of his skin.

"Alright!" He says, hopping into the air and pumping a fist. "I've been waiting to fight you!"

He makes his way to the kitchen, and you put the Dragonballs and Capsules away in the house before following, entering the room to find Goku already devouring everything in sight.

You manage to snag a little grub for yourself, and dig in, filling your belly as Goku empties the fridge.

Goku falls onto his back on the floor, letting out a burp and sighing in contentment.

>A. Ask if he's ready

>B. Go swim

>C. Take a nap

>D. Something else

>A. Ask if he's ready

Next time we get a chance we should Bulma to be careful changing due to Roshi having the micro-band

>C. Take a nap

Time for a nap I'm a character who loves to snooze

>A, while stretching

Banded Roshi is probably going to hide in Bulma's underwear hoping she's distracted while putting it on.

But he hides in the dirty clothes basket and ends up taking a trip in the washing machine instead.

Come to think of it, would a Washing machine make a decent training machine, given you were small enough to fit inside it?

>A. Ask if he's ready

its time to kick Krillin off the table

Krillin is swimming with Bulma, and Roshi is staring.

If it has similar equipment like the TARDIS, then yes.

You take a moment to stretch, and as Goku if he's ready for your fight.

Despite appearing half-asleep, he hops up immediately, grinning and dropping into a fighting stance.

"Yeah! Let's do this!"

You tell him it might be a good idea to do this outside, and the two of you head out of the house, finding Bulma and Krillin splashing each other while Roshi watches from the beach.

"Master Roshi?" Goku asks.

"Yes? What is it?" the turtle hermit asks in turn.

"Can me and Tofoo use the beach?" Goku asks.

Master Roshi takes his eyes off Bulma for a moment, turning to regard you and Goku.

"Huh? What for?"

"We're going to fight!" Goku says excitedly.

Roshi's eyes go wide, and his entire body stiffens. "Eh? On my island? In front of my house? No way!"

"But Master, we've wanted to do this for a long time," Goku insists. "We need to know which of us is the strongest!"

"Well do it on someone else's island," Roshi insists. "Like the Shark Hermit, or the Dolphin Hermit, or maybe Crane Hermit's moved to an island, go bother him."

"But-" Goku starts.

"Boy, respect your master!" Roshi snaps.

>A. Fine, ask Goku if he wants to swim somewhere and fight

>B. But you aren't his student, you're a martial artist of another school challenging a student of the Turtle School

>C. Fine, you'll fight later

>D. Something else

Honestly I was surprised when I heard the news, but good for them for finally leaving the EU.

I was surprised, but pleasantly so.

A lot of people have sold their GBP because the future is uncertain, and some of the (((banks))) have ragequit and fucked off to Germoney.

This dropped the value of the GBP, but the rest of the economy was unaffected. It's mostly just a money-changing and currency phenomenon.

I've bought some GBP expecting a recovery, since all the production of the nation is still working fine. Dunno if it'll pay off or not but I expect it will, since honestly nothing bad has happened to Britain's ability to produce and sell goods and services.

I want to kidnap Saber and reproduce with her!

You accept Master Roshi's decision, and ask Goku if he wants to swim somewhere to fight.

"Okay, okay," Goku says, apparently irritated by Master Roshi's refusal to let you fight on the island.

The two of you jump into the ocean, swimming side by side and making your way toward a small island in the distance. As you move, you begin to realize a problem. Fighting with Blue's tired you out a bit, you just hope Goku's feeling the same effects of constant battles.

The two of you reach the island, and find a nice, flat area free of foliage in which to battle. You stand facing one another, and drop into fighting stances.

>A. Open with a straightforward attack, test his defenses

>B. Plant yourself solidly on the ground, defend and test your defenses against him

>C. Let him come, and look for an opportunity to counter

>D. Afterimage attack

>E. Kamehameha

>F. Wolf Fang Fist

>G. Bear Shout

>H. Something else

All right. We're fighting Goku.

He's really hard to trick

He's really durable and tends to win any head-on engagements

But he tends to leave himself open when he makes bad decisions.

Focus on counters.

He just ate, punch him in the gut

Vegeta, please

Rolled 14 (1d20)

Android 13 pls?

gobble pls

You decide not to bother with a test of strength, instead opting to let Goku make the first move so you can look for a good chance to counter.

He doesn't keep you waiting, rushing toward you and jumping, flipping over your head and landing behind you, where he spins and throws an elbow at your back.

You twist around, catching the elbow strike in your right palm, then spin your lower half, throwing a kick at his face. He ducks under it, back flipping away before springing at you and attempting to hit you with a headbutt. You jump over the attack and kick down, but he grabs your ankle with his tail, moving your kick off-course and causing it to miss him, and causing you to stumble as you land.

Goku spins around, getting back into a fighting stance.

>A. This time, you'll attack

>B. Get on the defensive and get ready to block all his moves

>C. Afterimage

>D. Wolf Fang Fist

>E. Kamehameha

>F. Bearshout

>G. Something else

>D. Wolf Fang Fist

>D. Wolf Fang Fist

>B. Get on the defensive and get ready to block all his moves
But in reality use an after image when he's about to strike and use the wolf fang fist on his sides.

>>D. Wolf Fang Fist
I feel kind of like a dick using the signature move of a guy that hates us.

Also, has Wolf Fang Fist ever been useful in DB?

Goku isn't fooled by afterimages. We saw this in the tournament.

I think it's because he works by Smell in addition to sight, so images don't really fool him as much as you'd think.

You rush toward Goku as fast as you can, readying yourself as you begin to hear the howling of a wolf.

"Wolf Fang Fist!"

Goku's eyes narrow, and as you begin to throw punch after punch and claw-strike after claw-strike, he manages to block or parry or dodge each one, slowly stepping backward as you continue your attack.

He manages to block every strike, until you deliver a double-palmed attack to his gut, throwing him back.

It doesn't seem to have hurt him, and you see a smirk work its way onto his face.

"Nice try," he says. "But I've seen that attack too many times."

>A. Point out that you've seen his attacks too

>B. Bearshout

>C. Charge

>D. Defend

>E. Kamehameha

>F. Something else

>D. Defend

>Britain's ability to produce and sell goods and services
Britbong here, I had a healthy chortle. We haven't had that ability for decades, and have in recent years suffered a MASSIVE trade deficit with Europe.

Sure we're "free", but in losing the existing trade deals at a time where we're not in a position to renegotiate from a position of economic strength we'll arguably be more at Europe's whims than ever before. That's the reality of the situation that 48% of us were trying to avoid.

>D. Defend

Wait so what is your economy based on?

Please don't tell me it's based on international banking.

That's what London IS, user. Arguably one of the financial services capitals of the world, heavily interested in EUROPE. You know, those people who we like to skip stones at from across the channel and pretend that we're hitting.

It was a HIDEOUSLY poor idea.

Oh.

Sheeit

London is literally the international banking center of the world, and it's a pretty big chunk of the UK economy.

Combine that with losing Scotland in the next 1-4 years, and it's not pretty.

I still think the UK can pull up, but I'm definitely not betting on it.

Dragonball Quest: International politics

No, international finance!

I don't. We Scots get up to 90% of the oil in the divorce along with the #2 financial center (Edinburgh), our own industrial center (Glasgow), the largest export business worth a billion a year and 40,000 jobs (malts), and continued trade and investment from the EU. All told Scotland comes off much better than the UK if it comes to that.

Wait, sorry, that was just single malt. Including blended whiskeys it's 3.95 billion a year.

A. Point out that you've seen his attacks too
Maybe get him to do something different for us.

You remind Goku that you've seen his techniques as well.

He grins. "Well, let's see who knows them better."

He comes running at you, leaping into the air in front of you and leaving himself completely open.

You glance behind you, seeing another Goku about to throw a punch, and to the side, a Goku throwing a kick.

You duck beneath the kick and he goes flying over you, and as he lands, you kick him in the back. He falls forward, pushing himself back up with enough force to allow him to backflip over your head. Landing behind you, he kicks you in the back

Sprawling, you roll forward, avoiding a punch from Goku that strikes the ground. Getting back up, you leap and throw a kick at Goku's head, but he ducks, causing you to land behind him.

You kick backward with your right foot, but he catches your ankle in his hands, leaving his face open to en elbow strike that knocks him onto his back.

>A. Spin and kick him in the face

>B. Take the time to get some distance

>C. Get ready for his next attack

>D. Something else

Desire to boot up Crusader Kings: Rising

>C. Get ready for his next attack

>D. Something else

How quickly can we Bear Shout?

It takes several seconds

>D.Something else
Do a new skill on the spot
Pic related

>>A. Spin and kick him in the face

>D. Something else

Kicking version of wolf fang fist time!

Im down for that i want my power geyser

Honestly?

Yeah.

Let's go for it.

Kangaroo kicks / Kaiju kicks / %a_tough_creature% %lower_body_attack%

Make it so.

70's pretty good odds.

Just give it a cool name please. I dun care and I dun wanna fight about it.

ENERGY LEGS

Power Geyser + Pumped Up Kicks

>DC: 150

Rolled 6 (1d100)

I just want regular energy legs.

Thank goodness rolls don't count until after the voting, eh.

>Pumped Up Kicks

>A. Power Geyser thing (80)

>B. Kaiju Kicks (70)

B

>A
Let goooo

>>B. Kaiju Kicks (70)

>A

>B

>A. Power Geyser thing (80)

A B A B A B O
A B A B A B Noo
A B A B A B O
I thought you'd always be mine, mine

B

Rolled 1 (1d2)

1 = a
2 = b
dog = pirates
cookie = drm

>>B. Kaiju Kicks (70)

ROOOOOOOOOLL

Rolled 68 (1d100)

yes

Rolled 57 (1d100)

Rolled 14 (1d100)

Rolled 79 (1d100)

Get ready for this nat 100

Rolled 79 (1d100)

Are you okay?
Bust a wolf.

Rolled 53 (1d100)

delete this

Rolled 21 (1d100)

All right everyone check your character sheets, anyone got a +2?

You spin toward Goku, wanting to try a kicking version of the Wolf Fang Fist, but when you jump and make your first kick, Goku sits up and grabs your ankle, causing you to come down hard on your back.

"That wasn't very smart," Goku tells you. "You should have just done a regular kick, or a punch."

He stands up, and punches downward, striking you in the gut.

>A. Stay in your position, let him hit you for a bit while you ready a bearshout

>B. Kamehameha

>C. Kick with your free leg

>D. Give up

>E. Something else

>>C. Kick with your free leg

I've got an ogre slaying knife!

>C. Kick with your free leg