/pol/ memes ebola chan, sickness kills thousands and only stop when the meme got stale

>/pol/ memes ebola chan, sickness kills thousands and only stop when the meme got stale
>/pol/, /v/ and /tv/ memes cuckoldry, cuck becomes mainstream
>/pol/ memes Trump to Republican nomination
>/tv/ memes bane and a plane crashes near les baines
>/r9k/ memes beta uprising into existence
>/mu/ memes lemmy into dying
>/sp/ memes Leicester to win the EPL
>/pol/ memes Brexit

Alright Veeky Forums, why the fuck have we not summoned the Emperor yet using chaos meme magic? Everyone else on Veeky Forums is doing it.

Veeky Forums is about escapism, it's nature means it doesn't want to affect the world. /v/ is much larger than us but they haven't meme'd anything into existence yet either because they're about escapism too.

>implying we haven't
Let's face it, the Emperor was a massive dick.

I am 99% sure /pol/ did not meme Ebola into existence.

The Emperor was the pinnacle of humanity in all ways, be they physical or mental. Trump is an angry carrot politician.

The only legit examples of meme magic you've got there are /tv/, /mu/, /sp/ and potentially /r9k/.

At least learn to praise Kek

>/r9k/
Nah, angry betas will always be a thing

Presumably OP was refering to 'some of you guys are alright' shooter. Seeing as that guy actually came from /r9k/ though it wasn't really meme magic, just some fucker who happened to be on /r9k/. It wasn't a miraculous, unrelated event like the fucking Bane plane or 'hell be fine.'

>>Presumably OP was refering to 'some of you guys are alright' shooter
It's a meme, but there's nothing magic about it

Heresy! Kek's will was done.

I think it's about the supreme gentleman, who is an actual example of beta uprising.

>Trump is the pinnacle of humanity in all ways, be they physical or mental. The Emperor was an angry carrot politician.

FTFY famalam

Nah, we have Brexit

I am 99% sure I can outrun Trump, and I'm outta shape as shit.

Yeah that's a good way of describing some of the stuff OP listed.

More plausible. I forgot about Saint Elliot, actually.

Brexit was not a case of meme magic. It didn't originate on /pol/ and succeeded completely regardless of them.

Meme magic is when a meme suddenly, unexpectedly, and preferably disastrously, manifests in real life.
>Baneposting causes a plane crash
>A thread about Lemmy on /mu/ kills him
>GoT showfags bring 'hold the door' into existence during the Orlando shooting (and possibly DOOR STUCK).

It's not like /pol/ were joking about an EU referendum that did not and had never existed in real life and then OH SHIT SUDDENLY AN EU REFERENDUM MEME MAGIC. They were just memeing about something that was already happening.

Trump's a fat piece of shit and a flipfloppy politician bitch, user. Fats and fat enablers should be burned.

>/pol/ memes ebola chan, sickness kills thousands and only stop when the meme got stale
Ebola was already going on when /pol/ started the meme. That's literally why the meme became a thing on the first place.
>/pol/, /v/ and /tv/ memes cuckoldry, cuck becomes mainstream
Alternatively: One of the most popular sites on the planet reflects upon the underbelly of popular culture, which later goes mainstream. Veeky Forums being a meme factory is not a new thing.
>/pol/ memes Trump to Republican nomination
Trump was a public figure long before nomination. /pol/ made memes about him BECAUSE of his rise to prominence.
>/r9k/ memes beta uprising into existence
School shootings were a thing long before current /r9k/ board culture, and each and every single one was widely publicized. As with the Trump one you'd need to be really fucking underage to not know that
>/pol/ memes Brexit
The EU was already unpopular in the UK before Veeky Forums even existed, it's just that they'd fucked up more than usual the past few years. Veeky Forums memes COME FROM REALITY, not the other way round.

I don't know what you're talking about with the others, but some guesses:
>/mu/ memes lemmy into dying
Or a person died. That happens too.
>/sp/ memes Leicester to win the EPL
Or a team won
>/tv/ memes bane and a plane crashes near les baines
Coincidences exist.

There's even a name for this kind of primitive reasoning, "magical thinking".

It's not the referendum that is meme magic; it's the result.

>autism, on my Veeky Forums?
>it's more likely than you think

It really isn't. That's like saying real life Brexit supporters somehow meme magiced it into being the winning result.

puts it well. A Veeky Forums meme stemming from something that is already happening and reflecting current real life events is not meme magic. It's just a meme.

Meme magic is a weird, unexpected coincidence. When connections can be drawn between a random real life incident and a meme. The plane crash is obvious. Lenny's death was announced what, a few hours tops after the notorious post?

>That's like saying real life Brexit supporters somehow meme magiced it into being the winning result.
Didn't they?

They memed it into the winning result, but they didn't meme magic. A meme is literally just a concept which can spread from person to person. Well, they and the PR guys for the campaign.

And there's also that youth mostly voted Remain, but following the usual pattern, voter turnout for youth was lower than with older demographics. Leave won by a 3% margin.