Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

The one who was a bad dad.

Honestly, I haven't read a whole lot of the Horus heresy, but both parties could have done a little better.

Sangy.

Everyone, hence it being a tragedy.

Pius, he should've let Horus kill the Emperor

The one who canonically cried like a girl and said he was wrong.

None. Emperor had his head on straight and Horus was a good egg. Unfortunately, due to miscommunication and a series of errors, they fought. Could have happened to anybody, and had it not escalated so rapidly, its canon that they would eventually have settled their dispute.

>Hitler vs. Coldsteel the Hedgehog

One: Mighty general fallen into worship of literal gods of blood, plague, hatred, BDSM and pain

The other: Mighty leader and father figure that brought together an entire planet and remade an entire empire under his guidance which took 4 gods working together to stop him.

This. People constantly go on about "if emps would have just ___ the heresy would have been avoided." When the heresy directly emulates classical tragedy, people of great significance falling due to a simple tragic flaw.

It's the same as saying "well, if juliet had just waited a moment before killing herself/ if oedipus had been told he was adopted, or just not kill people about his dads age or marry someone his mothers age/ macbeth shouldnt have let his wife bully him into regicide.

The list goes on- they were aping the tragedies to give the heresy a classical feel. (I would have preferred the whole thing stay a prehistoric epic shrouded in myth and half truth, but it's a bit late for that)

When you think about the implications behind the fighting to begin with, it all just becomes more grand in scale.

The Emperor and Horus seem to have the main disagreement on how the warp should be handled. Horus wants it to run rampant as nature intended, and chaos' eventual oblivion comes back to haunt us all under the morals of "as is, as will Be" while big daddy E wants humanity to continue expanding unto the stars until extinction is impossible.

The heresy happens, and Horus would have godlike powers were he not dispelled into the Warp (likely becoming a powerful background warp energy ripping warp storms and other psyker shenanigans). Emps already has godlike psyker powers.

This is just a rant, but I could go into how time pretty much decided the fate of Emps and Horus to stagnate forever so Emps' dream of an impossible to extinct humanity come true. Also, the golden throne is a time machine where emps can freely talk to himself in any point in time.

you for making this thread ! ! ! ! !

Dorn for not making it in time, and Sangy for dying like a bitch.

>Also, the golden throne is a time machine where emps can freely talk to himself in any point in time.
Fuck you what

Erebus

>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW

Neither. Horus was just playing the part he had been designed to play by the Emperor himself. The Emperor set up the war so that he could have a galaxy united feeding him the energy of faith so that he can one day ascend and be strong enough to make the galaxy a less terrible place to live fifteen or twenty thousand years down the line.

As told in Soul Hunter and Void Stalker, Night Haunter knew the fate, and circumstances of death, of not only himself and every one of his children, but everyone he ever met. Night Haunter *knew* the part he had to play, just as he knew when and how he had to die.

My memory is a little sketchy here, but I believe it was stated either in the 2ed edition rule book, the 3ed edition rule book or the 4th edition SM codex the Emperor had all the abilities his children possessed. He *knew* the fates of every one of his children from the moment he created them.

Lastly according to the novel Into the Maelstrom (even more sketchy here, but I believe this is the title of the novel) Tzeentch was marveling at the Emperors plan. How he had set up a galaxy of worship, with himself stuck and out of the reach of the Gods, only growing stronger on the faith fed to him, until the day he ascends and will become more powerful then any two of the Chaos Gods.

In the end, neither is wrong. One is playing the part he has too, the other is playing the part he is not aware was the entire purpose for existence.

>I DISAGREE WITH YOUR PERSPECTIVE ON THE SITUATION

The artist.

>BUT ANAKIN, HE KILLED THE JEDI!

>just worship me as god
>do everything i say
>and i will be your slave
>what megalomaniacs actually believe

Yeah, nah. Fools who will stop at nothing to gain Ultimate Power "cos the children are our future" can fool themselves, I guess.

But they're not fooling me.

One was literal Hitler. The other is literal Satan. Neither is right, but one is less wrong.