To Be or Not to Be

Well Veeky Forums? What would your current character choose? An ordinary, mundane, cyclical life? Or the life of a ruler, a conqueror, a king?

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lip service
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

From what I remember in Dragon's Dogma neither tend to work out so well

>Rogue Trader
King. Lesser mortals serve, I command.
>Engineer
I just want a quiet life and to support my family.

Peasant. Grasping and struggling to get to the top of the pile are not the path to ataraxia. Movers and shakers are important to maintaining progres in the world but that's not the path I'd like to choose. I just want a soft bed, good food, and warm company.

Reach heaven through violence.

King, because ambition with no plan and a lot of adaptability has never failed before, right

>Reach heaven through violence.
>Literally a quote from Elder Scrolls lore
I've heard that KSBD was heavily influenced by Sermons of Vivec and Elder Scrolls lore but I didn't realize that it was the case this hard.

Do they utilize reach heaven through violence properly?
In Elder Scrolls lore it refers to the fact that to achieve CHIM, the secrete syllable of royalty, one has to be so egotistic and so self loving that when the realization of CHIM comes to them they will impose their own self and will over the existence, sort of raping the world but at the same time think that it's better for the world to be that way because world is an extension of you and not the other way around. Basically it's about raping the world and becoming basically omnipotent because of that.

What does it mean in KSBD, I am not sure if Tower/Wheel structure and CHIM/Godhead exist in it or not.

K6BD's method is simply murder-fucking your way to godhood, like the Seven once did.

Theres not a concrete explanation for the idiom yet, but seeing how the world works in KSBD, it may mean something along the lines of, in the world of Throne, the only way to achieve enlightenment or greatness is to carve a bloody swathe through all in your way, at least thats how I see it. Theres also been a proverb used thats based on a Buddhist proverb, "If you should meet god on the road, kill him" which again, could mean something deeper, or could just as well mean if you see god, shank that fucker.

As for the structure, the entire setting of KSBD is based on a wheel. Throne is the epicenter, the hub of the multiverse, and every one of the 777,777 universes stretch outwards from Throne as spokes on a wheel

Well, that is underwhelming.

Current character? He already was the strongest man in the setting.

It wasn't worth it, and he gave it up. Now he'd rather have an ordinary life.

Structure is similar to Elder Scrolls which is similar to Vedic, occultism and Buddhism it seems.

Nirn is the hub of the wheel, missing one and Talos are holding the hub, 8 spokes are the Aedra, 16 inner and outer spaces are Daedric Princes occupying spheres of Oblivion.

That being said Wheel is also a Tower when viewed from a side and Tower is "I" or you, identity in creation. All of creation is part of one whole and in return existence is extension of everything, if you want to control the wheel you have to realize that and climb the tower/make it yours.

>Dresden Files physics professor/kineticist

Spent half that campaign watching good, principled, passive people getting torn apart by faeries. And the other half watching a dashing Nigerian crime boss bluff, bomb, and black bag his way through the worst the supernatural could throw at him. Until those damn faeries got him too.

So King it is. If it's a choice between dying either way, best to leave a mark before you go.

In the universe of KSBD, god is dead, god's been dead for a long time now, committed suicide by diving itself into two gods, and then creating a pantheon from there. However, by the time of recorded and known history, all the gods are gone, having annihilated themselves through forging the universe.

However, god's name remains, and it possesses a power that can rend creation and destroy worlds, the song of god itself, and it's this song that the Conquering King, Zoss, harnessed, via keys he forged. To possess one of these keys is the closest thing to godhood, however that also means you will most likely have to kill someone else who possesses a key, and rip it from their very skull. So yes, attaining godhood is a bloody path

Is that the symbol of Slaanesh on the right?

Yes, the universe is very heavily influenced by Buddhism and Hinduism, it becomes very clear as you read through it. So far theres no true way to control the Wheel, but controlling Throne is very possible, and Throne is heaven, so if you can control Throne, you are basically god. The only issue is, as of current times, Throne is a rotting cesspool, controlled by countless tyrannical and bloated guilds, fat from glutting themselves on the scraps of the people and worlds, and is ruled by seven mad lords.

You know, the blue dude and red woman (YIS and UN?) seem pretty familiar. Like, 'seen on the last two pages' familiar.

>n the universe of KSBD, god is dead, god's been dead for a long time now, committed suicide by diving itself into two gods, and then creating a pantheon from there.
Shiet. In TES universe God is in coma and his coma created a new universe in which Anui-El and Sithis, the two Gods representing 1 and 0, Stasis and Change make up existence.

Is KSBD good? I am a bit lazy to start reading a long running web comic series but comic that is close to TES lore might be fun for me.

Imperial City is built according to Wheel structure on the right.
On the right the wheel is made up of the veil which is the outer rim beyond which there is Oblivion and Aetherius. Nirn which is the hub of creation, different Plane(t)s which are dead bodies of Aedra, Serpent (which is in top right corner) that is made up of un-stars, lower left is Magnus/Sun which is the hole in the veil and out of which Aetherial creatia and Magicka flows which is why people can cast magic on Nirn.
Imperial city is built the same way, White Gold Tower is Nirn, Mages guild is on Magnus etc.

>long running
There are only 188 pages of it out.

It's not even long, theres only 180 pages, but it is very good. Abbadon, the creator, puts a LOT of effort into not just creating a thick, living world, but flooding it with lore and stories beyond the current plot. It's very clear he wants to stuff his setting to the brim with color and life.

It's not that long, but I binged hard on it, finished it within a day. I didn't always read the stories posted with the pages though, they are terrific as well.

>Is KSBD good?
The characters are shit as every single one of them is a mopey, bitchy retard. Aesthetics are cool though. I recommend skimming it for cool images and maybe reading the annotations at the bottom.

>The characters are shit as every single one of them is a mopey, bitchy retard
Nigga what

Nigga Homestuck lasted 8 years.

You can't blame a guy for preparing himself for an emotional rollercoaster. Webcomics are serious business.

Ironically enough, KSBD's 'started' on the Homestuck forums. It was a different form and was a different story, but it was done by the same author, obviously he had an idea and was playing around with it on the forums, but after seeing how big his following was just on the forums he probably got the confidence to start working on an actual story.

First time the proverb is used.

Sorry to be that guy, but where is that from? At least where i live google isnt being very helpful, just tells me its a fictional character

Kill Six Billion demons
read the thread

It's the webcomic Kill Six Billion Demons.

all that's supposed to be sort of unreliable. yisun has always existed and has never existed. i'm guessing things like time weren't there until he did the thing.
which raises some questions about the other myths. how can he have talked with hansa and aesma if they didn't exist until he stopped existing? the answer is probably some version of "because omnipotence".

my interpretation is that "yisun's speaking house" was some sort of religion type thing to the gods. rather than yisun appearing and giving them answers the stories might be result of introspection they did there.

Well as you said, time wasn't even a thing, so the gods creating the Wheel, doing all their little stories of godly endeavors and adventures and interactions could have all taken place in less than an instance of the universe's passage. Just like how YISUN came into existence and in that same instant, grew tired of a meaningless, circular existence and killed itself

>but it is very good

You can push the comic here if you like, but don't tell lies about it.

>less than an instance of the universe's passage.
How long is that?

As long as it takes to be

To be what?

To be

You keep not finishing your sentences, is something wrong with your internet connection?

I keep telling you user, it's as long as it takes to be , isn't that clear?

Also that post would have more impact if Veeky Forums doesn't reduce multiple spaces between words

No. How do you know when it has finished being?

>every single one of them is a mopey, bitchy retard.
6 Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe is neither mopey nor bitchy.

Is engineer a game or your occupation?

When it "is". Even if time is still flowing, the moment of perception is the point where it "is".

If it is, then it can't have finished being, because is is a form of be.

Oh damn, the similarity is striking now

Why do you put so much effort into shilling this shit comic here? And it's so obvious too.

It's like you really think that a bit of a lipservice topic at the top is enough to hide that the following thread is just you and your friend shilling this shit.

Stop shilling your mediocre webcomic.

>god is dead
kek

Fuck you. I also like it and consider it a good work. Go peddle your cynical and decisive opinions somewhere else.

>Wah, only OOTS is acceptable in my ideal Veeky Forums.

Its a valid question concerning PC characters using a valid hero's dilemma. Fuck off back to your rules laywering and your Veeky Forums=/pol/ threads.

Hey, buddy, your samefag's showing.

Stop. What site are you from? Are you from tumblr?

You don't seem to understand how things work on Veeky Forums, and when you do this obvious kind of shilling, shamefully and unapologetically, it actually tends to have the reverse effect. People start to hate whatever you're trying to shill, because it's obvious that you're just making threads to spam this comic.

So please, enough with the lip service, enough with your lame attempts to make it sound better than it actually is, and enough with thinking that you can just try again and again and one day all your past spamming will have been forgotten.

>I accused that guy of being from a website that some people frown upon, that means I win this and any future argument!
>Am I cool yet, guys?

user how many brain problems are you having

this comic has had lively threads on /co/ with every update for some time now. take your head out of your anus and consider the possibility that one of those people also posts on Veeky Forums.

Hey there, Spamanon, how's it going? Still a massive cunt, I see.

Guys. Leave alone. He's slow.

Probably the same user that was shrieking about "spam" in every other recent KSBD thread without actually understanding what spamming entails.
Doesn't he have a slob thread on /d/ to fap to, or something?

Actually, I've never been to reddit, tumblr, or any of those sites.

I just see people screaming about badwrongfun in THEIR Veeky Forums and yet those same idiots never complain once whenever a Veeky Forums thread becomes a /pol/bait shitstrom of cancer.

Yet here you are, complaining other people are having badwrong fun and should get the fuck out of your Veeky Forums.

Guess why I'm assuming you're the fucking issue?

What you don't really understand is that I'm trying to help you.

To start, making the thread in the wee hours of the morning, ignoring the lipservice in the opening post in order to create a bogus discussion centered around the comic in order to pad up the thread before most people wake up, and then trying to defend it from people calling you out on it all falls into the kind of "worst practice" types of shilling and spamming we see around here.

Is this a game to you? To see if you can spam this without people noticing? Isn't that sort of self-contradictory?

If you want to discuss this comic, spam it in /co/. It's less bizarre there, because that's where people are expected to post about webcomics, including webcomics that aren't particularly outstanding. When you try to spam something like this on a traditional games board, it's just never going to work, because the first question isn't "What is this?", it's "Why is this here?", and the following answer is that you've been trying to spam this here, on and off, for the past several months while people have repeatedly asked you to stop.

Do you lack the ability to learn? Or, do you still hold onto the hope that Veeky Forums's collective memory can forget even the threads you've tried making in the last week alone, ignoring the even more blatant spamming attempts you did further in the past?

Please, don't bother denying it. Don't bother defending it. Just stop collecting all this hate, and stop trying to pin this comic as something awful.

>lipservice

>help you
No, you're complaining about people having badwrongfun in your Veeky Forums.

That makes you the cancer killing Veeky Forums.

>When you try to spam something like this on a traditional games board, it's just never going to work, because the first question isn't "What is this?", it's "Why is this here?"
I don't understand how you can feel this strongly about things when you clearly have never navigated to Veeky Forums before today

Oh, our knight in shining armor, how can we ever thank you enough? You, who selflessly defended us from shill threads and saved us from ourselves.
Seriously, though, fuck off, we neither want nor need your "help." Screaming "STOP HAVING WRONGBADFUN!" is unwarranted and doesn't endear you to us.

>everyone choosing King
>the lone Peasant ends up Ruling.

Lipservice is providing the bare text necessary to be tangentially related to traditional games to avoid your thread from being deleted, by depending on the benefit of the doubt extended to you.

It's the classic "stat me", or in this case, "what would your current character choose."

What I'm complaining about is what most people complain about. Off-topic spamming, in this case shilling, and you're adding to the mix with exaggerated denial.

If this is your idea of fun, take it to /co/. It shouldn't be hard to understand that if you want to discuss this comic, you should take it to the comic discussion board, instead of arrogantly assuming that your tastes are superior to all others and that you should be allowed to spam whatever offtopic nonsense you want wherever you want to.

I'm pointing this out to you because you think you're being quite sneaky and clever, while all you're doing is imagining your transparent actions and methods can fool anyone. It's downright insulting.

>STOP TALKING ABOUT THINGS I DON'T LIKE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Please. It's "Stop this childish spamming."

I humbly suggest you put a loaded gun in your mouth and pull the trigger as many times as you're able.

Lip service is an idiom meaning (chiefly when following 'to pay' ) 'giving approval or support insincerely' (Concise Oxford Dictionary).

>everyone thinking it's a binary
Can't do shit with only peasants and kings.

>Is this a game to you?
I hope this guy stays. He's an endless fountain of quotable stupidity. This has gotta be bait but I don't care.

you don't think this thread would have been perfectly Veeky Forums related if OP read "let's talk about KSBD plot, KSBD lore and the pen and paper system"

as far as you can tell these are not traditional games topics and spontaneous rants are called for

>making the thread in the wee hours of the morning, ignoring the lipservice in the opening post in order to create a bogus discussion centered around the comic in order to pad up the thread before most people wake up

Now you're just being retardedly paranoid.

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/lip service

>an avowal of advocacy, adherence, or allegiance expressed in words but not backed by deeds

In other words, to say "I follow the rules of this board because I have posted this line of text tangentially referencing traditional games", but in practice just throwing that line away because your principle purpose was to try and promote that comic.

It's the sort of thing where you have enough self-awareness to know you can't just post the comic by itself, but lacking the self-awareness to realize just how transparently worthless your opening line is.

You might as well have just said "Stat them" and been less pretentious about your spamming.

Corp Execs and Wageslaves then?

Hey, let's stat this user.

Gotta have middle management.

Epic level Cunt
Incompetent: Understanding what "spam" and "lip service" mean
+40 to self-righteous white-knighting

Aren't they technically in the wageslave category then? Some wageslaves are more valuable then other wageslaves after all.

When do you stop being a wageslave? Execs pull salaries too.

This is starting to get painful to watch.

I hope she asks this every time she sees Allison.

>psst
>hey
>hey, kid
>whatcha thinkin' about?
>is it death?

>The moment when a cute small brown elf girl pawn becomes old 6.5ft tall, slightly obese red haired and bearded wizard. And a that fucking merchant is on the beach

Jesus Christ you are quite literally the worst person on this board right now. Go home and rethink your sad, sad life.

>Eclipse Phase
>Martian loli catgirl what plans to terraform Mars without anyone's consent
Yeah, pretty sure she wouldn't fit in either camp.

You're THAT upset your spam plan isn't going as you were hoping it would?

Confirmed for trolling. Good show, user.

Kill yourself, faggot.

How is poining out that you're upset about someone pointing out the obvious trolling?

Do you really think that your efforts to spam this unexceptional webcomic on a traditional games board are particularly well done?

If he was on /d/, he'd actually understand what spam was. Unless he was a futafag.

It gets weirder when you realize that the gods supposedly went around different different worlds and the universe was already a wheel. The worlds beyond Throne were supposedly created by the gods at the time of their deaths.

>California Free States born Ganger and Hacker.
Fuck you, pay me.

A lot of the comic lore and scripture seems to treat violence as metaphorical, kind of like a continual grasping for greater things for the sake of doing so itself, not for any notional belief in victory? I don't claim to be an expert or anything, and there definitely is some murder-fucking involved, but I think that other user is underrepresenting it

What does "favoured servant of a god" count as?

K6BD is heavily influenced by Nietzsche philosophy, so much Nietzsche was a literal character in the first form of the comic, and even the mentor of the MC.

Going by this prism, reaching heaven through violence means that the only way to be is to have the will to power, and the will to use it. Transform yourself and be reborn in your own ash until you become more. Cut your path through the word. K6BD is highly Nietzschean in spirit, and not that asinine popular interpretation, but the true one.

How about I choose for you to stop spamming this shit comic here? Is that an option, you faggot?