WarHammer 40k General

Tier one Grot codex when? Edition

>Rules databases
mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/en-WW/Ironjawz-Orruk-Gore-Gruntas
games-workshop.com/en-WW/Ironjawz-Orruk-Brutes
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I play from time to time. Zoan/Venom/Malanthropes take pretty much always every Elite slot I have and sometimes I want to bring Hive Guard, etc...
I don't see much to whine about Genestealer Cults. They have pretty good rules considering they are part Tyranid (Hybrids being better than actual Genestealers, Formation with turn 1 charges and 4+ cover in the open). Only thing is that I don't see a need for a Codex unless they do some considerable changes since none of the units can buy anything or change their unit numbers

Also if you ally with Inp Guard for tanks people won't walk away over fluff disgust.

Damn, my Deredeo has two left lower legs, and my leviathan storm cannon is missing half the main body.

How do I make an eldar list that still works but won't make people hate me? I was thinking of picking up a start collecting box today or 2 so I'd have a unit of 5 wind riders and a jetbike warlock with a a farseer and 2 fire prisms

5th for IA14 FUCKING WHEN?

Blood Angels list for 1850 Casual games

Primary Detachment: CAD

HQ
>Captain: Jump Pack, Valour's Edge, Artificer Armor- 135 pts
>Librarian: Jump Pack, Combi-Melta- 90 pts

Troops
>Scouts x5- 55 pts
>Scouts x5- 55 pts

Elites
>Sternguard x10- 220 pts
>Sternguard x10- 220 pts
>Sanguinary Guard x5- 165 pts

Formation: Archangels Sanguine Wing
>Vanguard Vets x10: Jump packs. free Power Swords- 220 pts
>Vanguard Vets x10: Jump packs, free Power Swords- 220 pts
>Sternguard x10: Free Combi-Gravs- 220 pts
>Stormraven: replace heavy bolter with Multi Melta, added Hurrican Bolters to sides- 230 pts

We play a lot of Eternal War, so the idea is to use my two Sternguard squads to capture and hold the points on my side, Scouts take the middle point, and my Captain, Librarian, and Sanguinary Guard move to attack and take my opponents points. We play long ways, so the basic field is only 24" in length but is 48" wide. When my Sanguine Wing comes in, I use the Storm Raven to destroy my enemies tanks, the Sternguard onboard to try and add some control to that middle position, and the Vanguard Vets to try and take the other point that my HQs haven't already moved to take.

I'd some to hear some thoughts on this.

40k Admech fliers when?

You could try making a variant of strikingscorpian42's "Eldar Defense Militia" list. The whole idea behind it was using whatever the subpar Eldar equivalent to conscripts were, as well as some transports, fire warriors, and static artillery.

I know he didn't really like it but maybe you can drum something up based on the idea. The videos are still on youtube on his channel somewhere.

Anyone have a digital copy of the 7th Ed Gaz supplement?

>british pound weakens
>nothing I want to buy from FW

Here, have a Cybran Gunship. Knowing the Admech this isn't too far off from what the official fliers will look like.

so i have a friend who in every other game we play together such as he likes to make overpowered builds in D&D and likes to build broken decks in MTG so should i be worried about him wanting to play Space marines?

So according to doom of mynera the guards captured a dire avenger and took him as a PoW.
Does the imperium usually take prisoners? What do they do with them

Do an old school footdar list, mass of guardians, dire avengers, aspect warriors with no transports and few vehicles like fire prisms for tank support
Basically play guardsmen with eldar

>minimum possible points spent on Troops tax
>casual

Before or after which is coming later this year

Sorta depends. Chaos? No. Tau? Probably. Orks? HA! Traitor Guard? Possible. Eldar? On Occasion. Tyranids? Yes.

Taking prisoners can be very beneficial. You can ransom them for your own prisoners, torture them for information, or study them for weaknesses. The Imperium generally shoots for the latter two.

Aspect warhost. One of each type of squad, no more. Nothing with the word 'wraith' in it and no D. You don't need it. And keep the jetbikes to a minimum, obviously. Those are the big ones.

torture for information

how aware is this guy? looks worse then a servitor and that's saying something

how many troops do people usually take? i usually take 3 at 1500 to 1850

I have a strange desire to play an army with a bright color too it like yellow.

I'm basically bored of seeing nothing but black, red or grey on the table but don't have any ideas to run with at the moment. Suggestions?

"Beware the Banshees howl!" Or play one of the other three Eldar factions.

Harlequins. The brightest faction under the sun.

>won't make people hate me
>that still works
>start with 10 jetbikes and a warlock on a jetbike

And another waacfag is born.

Imp Fists/White Scars
One of the non Ulthwe craftworlds

>£ weakens
>save about $10 on a $300 order

Its like Veeky Forums is full of retards or something

Convert wind riders to Shining spears, suddenly you go from WAAC to getting pity from CSM and Ork players.

>Blood Angels
>capable of anything but casual

Your ever present anger at the world is showing.

Daemons are super colorful.

Just play what you want, and paint it bright. I have a cartoony watermelonesque Nurgle Incursion army. Paint it how you want it to look.

>implying Shining Spears are worse than the Ork/CSM average

Odds he does that?
40,000 to 1

The moment he said 'that still works' and decided to start with two SC boxes worth of jetbikes, it was clear that hes another waacfag starting an Eldar army.

Unlikely to get any soon. Simply because IA14 is Ad Mech + Space Marines vs Tau and that's updating 30k Ad Mech to 40k.

So at least Ad Mech now get transports now.

Well, some of them. The official schemes seem to really gravitate mainly towards black and white for a good potion of the troupes. Which is silly, and not in the fun way.

Worth considering though.

I'll be honest, playing Marines is boring as shit to me. Like the fluff, love some of the subfactions but I just can't get into it playing them.

Kind of I guess. I can't seem to get into Daemons as much as I want to though. Too many horrible things with that book to keep the army properly interesting.

Unless he plays Grey Knights, there is not really any build the SM have that is nigh-undefeatable.

What I want is a model update to my Sisters, but failing that a second army is also good, which is what I'm doing now. I just can't decide what I want to play.

His entire list is meq aside from a Stormraven. Stop replying until you pull your head out of your ass you fucking retard.

It's Blood Angels bruh

>Too many horrible things

if you mean the warp storm table then i must remind you that the dice hold no favor for anyone or army

Daemons are great and have a great army book, I don't know what you're talking about.

okay he wants to play Ravengaurd, i had to talk him out of using skyhammer and such things.

>Too many horrible things with that book to keep the army properly interesting
What in particular?

Two questions.

What is your fluffy theme list, what is the idea and fluff behind it and the tactics, and what is your win rate with it?

What is your WAAC theme list?

Are current Grey Knights even that scary? I mean even Draigostar back in 5th was a push over.

Then again I seem to be strangely good at killing Marine armies with my Sisters versus everything else so maybe I'm biased?

I play Aspectdar, the ONLY reasons I bring them is because they are the third melee aspect so fit in a +1 WS a Aspect host and i want one of each aspect.

1A, Lances, no hit & run, no pistol/extra CCW no overwatch, protection without dedicating an Autarch.

After initial charge you have 25 point T3 units swinging a single s3 attack.

Oh he's fine, don't worry about him.

>Add Banshee Mask Autarch
>Back to being better than any melee unit in the Ork or CSM codex

kek

Warpstorm, Mono-Slaanesh has only Chariots and Soulgrinders for anti-Knight/Heavy Armour options, random nonsense out the butt, Tzeentch still has a horribly crappy psychic power list (and I'm not the kind of person to run a summoning circus), and a lot of the "good" builds are pretty boring to play for me.

Bully boys, Blitz brigade, Badrukks flash gitz.
Roll out, shoot killkannons and Snazzguns, charge big shit.
80%

Bully boys, Blitz brigade, Badrukks flash gitz.
Roll out, shoot killkannons and Snazzguns, charge big shit.
80%

I never understood why people got super upset about the warpstorm table. If you're playing a mixed god army it's much more likely that your enemy will be attacked rather than you, and you're summoning your units back for free anyway.

For each time I lost a unit it or one of the lower results I can recall a time when Khorne instagibbed a librarian or a Nurgle herald possessing a hive tyrant.

I actually tried that list (haven't since the FAQ is putting a current stop on it because scouting), and I must say I dominated.

BS3, AP1, S5 30 shots with rerolls is ridiculous... and then your second unit shoots!

Depends on who you're taking on, user. But, in my honest opinion, Death Company are superior to everything you can muster.

Librarian Dreads are incredibly neat if you can get Electro Shield (though very unlikely).

I would mix weapons into your Sanguine Wing, simply because they're free. Some Power Axes and Power Fists won't go amiss.

Sanguinary Guard are 22PPM, naked. They are Two-Handed AP3 (AP2 with Axe, but Unwieldy) and their gun is essentially a 1AP better Bolter stuck on Rapid Fire. They're just not worth it when, despite being 2+, there is lots of AP2/Blasts out there. Amazing Models though.

I'd personally try and get Galan's Staff on the Librarian as it's quite neat. Then go with the new Pysker Power table which allows you to roll for +1T (to Toughness Value models) and +1AV (to all sides on AV models) power. Since that will make your guys immune to lots of things if you manage to roll it (though as a ML2, it's unlikely and Mephiston has the same chance as well, because Mephiston allowing 3 power rolls? TOO OP!)

But, not too bad. Just a shame we're 100% forced to take 1 Relic per HQ now, regardless of the wording or codex. Especially since the BEST relic BA have is an AP2 sword for 20 points. The Plasma Pistol without Gets Hot is 25 points and you can MC a Plasma Pistol for free as a Salamander which removes Gets Hot and gives it a re-roll.

Some of us like Monogod armies, which increases your chance of getting slapped by your own codex for no reason.

Still s3/t3, still no hit & run, still 1A, still 25 points.

>Back to being better than any melee unit in the Ork or CSM codex

Nobs beat them, NOBS. BEAT. THEM.

>What is your fluffy theme list
A renegades and heretics Unending Host with nothing but foot-slogging troops fluffed as a labor union uprising.
>what is your win rate with it?
I've played four games so far and haven't lost yet. It turns out that having about 180 lasguns with some plasma and melta support is enough diddley.

>What is your WAAC theme list
Tzeentch daemon factory.

Curse of the Wulfen, bruh.

>30 shots with 1 reroll per gun
It's Orks remember?
It's master crafted not twin-linked and it means you have to roll every git separately as the rolls are per model.

Still works even with the clarified scouting.

They have keepers and daemon princes as anti-knight options and Tzeentchs powers are not all THAT bad unless you're in a hyper competitive setting.

With Kairos and/or the Incursion, Warpstorm is pretty much always helpful.

Yes, limiting yourself to 1/4 of the codex means you won't have many options. This is true of any codex.

The new Tzeentch powers are pretty baller, especially with the effective +2 strength from the Warpflame Host.
>I'm not the kind of person to run summoning circus
Running summonspam against Orks and CSM and the like is gay, but it's perfectly fine against other high-power armies. It's a shame that Cursed Earth is so vital to keep your guys alive that it practically necessitates running a bunch of Malific psykers.

well serving the machine god emperor and killing the enemies of man is it's own reward

>warpstorm
you have the same chance to get a free unit as destroying your army, with instruments you can reroll errant results against your army or the enemy.

>mono slaanesh
can't disagree on this. i'm of 2 minds on the chariots though. frankly i love them but they're a pain to build and paint. mine haven't done much but catch bullets and hold objectives.

>tzeentch powers
see the expanded table, heck you can even get a relic that lets you use all the powers. warpflame is annoying though

slaanesh says pain is pleasure

oh i'm in favor of warpstorm, i like it; i'm just weary of it. hell i even forget it sometimes and not on purpose

At 1k Mono god is viable
Even 1500 at a push

No way more than that though

Any army can be painted bright and cheery, just pick what you wanna play and paint em that way. Thats what I did with my Nurgle Daemons.

Crappy phone pic but you get the idea.

No I know the shooting works, the bully boy aspect of it doesn't.

I also know the reroll per shot which honestly isn't bad at all, just do it in groups of three and pick one up. No issues.

Loved using the list.

Still only a 1 in 11 chance rather than the 4 in 11 chance they face and mono-nurgle and mon-slaanesh laugh off their attacks because they scatter like crazy due to no BS.

>T3
Why don't you learn what you're talking about before starting the pity parade.

I have yet to properly read that book. Could you elaborate on what you mean?

To be honest, the only Tzeentch thing I like is Thousand Sons, and they're basically pants. Don't know the Incursion.

Slaanesh also pushes people to be pretty, do drugs and play wicked guitar solos.

I think I'd prefer that to him mushroom stamping me.

Which is part of my problem with the book. I can't play monogod at the level games are played at locally.

Nice paint job, but I don't know if "cheery" is the right word for it.

>SoB
>Bad army

Love this meme. SoB are decently mid-tier. They have plenty of Melta, they're not overpriced across the board (Repentia are a fucking joke) they have a 6++ universal, even on their vehicles (which is neat on Repressors and Imolators) and Exorcists shoot out D6 S8 AP1 Melta missiles a turn.

So of course you'll wipe the floor against Marines, since everything they have can be popped by your Exorcists. Penitent Engines are Distraction Carnifexes, and even if they're not targeted, will shred most things if allowed into combat (and if they try and dog leash you, that's turns they're not using the unit to kill you). Plus Retributors are cheap enough to have plenty of Melta's around.

Only armies with top tier flyers will cause trouble and then you can probably take them down with Retributor Heavy Bolters. Though it's difficult.

As for Grey Knights. They are pretty bad now. Terminators are way too much. Paladins are useless because S8 AP2 is abundant and they're insanely priced. You'd only need two good rolls with a Exorcist to wipe out a squad, since you'd ID them and as there is no blast, it won't scatter. Two Exorcists cost less than 10 Paladins, naked.

Grey Knights are basically run, to the best of my knowledge cause it's been awhile, as non-Terminators. Their Power Armour guys are superior.

Anyone else think these would make decent 40k 'Ard Boyz?

>Still only a 1 in 11
bell curves do not work that way.

>I have yet to properly read that book.
They have a massive Decurion that pretty much requires mono-god armes.
Allows you to add or subtract 1 from the warpstorm so your all slaanesh army can turn khornes wrath to the thirsting prince.

Ive played mono Nurgle Incursion at 1850 and 2000. Ive beaten Tau twice and Skitmech once. Funny, their one loss was to Orks.

You're legally able to run the Sonic Dreadnoughts that Forge World has stopped selling. FAQ specially says use the most current rules. So that's another Slaaneshi unit.

Forge World doesn't even do Tzeentch unique models (yes, it does the Greater Daemon, but everybody else gets one too).

Still, Chaos needs more love that isn't Khorne or Nurgle, especially from Forge World. However it seems that some Chaos units in 30k are available in 40k, so who knows.

The armor would require modeling on each guy. Simple cuts and gouges, but they def need it.

about as much as the old black orc models did

Repentia used to be awesome until they lost their FnP and only have a 6++ to roll on and nothing else (outside of the Mistress of Repentance's Power Armour).

The 6++ on vehicles makes them more expensive than the Marine equivs, so it's not a freebie.

And who takes Penitent Engines when you can (and frankly need to) run 3 Exorcists to give your army the only ranged weapon that goes past 24" besides the Heavy Bolter?

Retributors are a trap compared to Dominions (Scout, AoF that gives Ignores Cover).

Sisters are a short ranged army with one major thing over Marines (who get all the same basic toys and then some): they get slightly more bodies.

And you basically proved my point: Grey Knights -aren't- scary and I still don't know what that user was claiming.

Literally everybody.

The entire Orruk range makes a great army.

Imagine Biker Boys being lead by games-workshop.com/en-WW/Ironjawz-Orruk-Gore-Gruntas

or Mega Nobz being games-workshop.com/en-WW/Ironjawz-Orruk-Brutes

Even if it's turn 2 it's still 20 s9 ap2 hits poiring out of the wagon.

It's IS a hit or miss list based on.. well bullying, you have to hope to overwhelm them with av 14 and hails of bullets on their anti-tank units.

He got the toughness wrong, that still makes them space marines with s3.
Will you pay 25 points for that?
Twice the price of a CSM, not even a Troop choice so no ObSec

They arent mid tier. They have no formations, rely heavily on vehicles, and arent especially mobile. Any one of those three are significant enough to place them low tier in the current meta - they suffer from all three.

So big choppa meganobs?

Ah, fair enough. That is a big improvement.

I forgot about Sonic Dreads.

Some good ol' sponge weathering helps a lot too. Use it to stipple on a dark brown, and then silver over the brown to get a worn-off paint look.

They definitely make Feral Orks seem like a nice army project.

'Eadwhoppa would definitely be a good choice on the Warboss in such an army. Stick him on a boar and you're good to go.

I don't like AoS but that warboss on the pitbull dragon makes me wish the 40k warboss could have something like that in 40k.

Some kind of giant flying squiggly beast that could tear up a riptide with just it's smash attacks and the warboss on back with his S10 klaw... just imagine...

Some argue that meltaspam and s8 ap1 missiles make up for a lot, especially with 1/6th chance to just say no to explodes result.

Not to forges Deamonic Corruption, any objective they touch counts as held even if they leave it, enemy needs to recapture them to stop you holding it.

>T3

Samefag baiting. Have a (You).

You don't have to like AoS, but the models they've release have been pretty nice. When it was released, I thought about running it as a Deff Dread or something for a Snakebite Clan.

Warboss with Squiggoth steed is my dream.

I do agree with you though, 40K Orks have been eternally forgotten and the Fantasy and Sigmar models have always been far far superior.

The best thing to come out of AoS has been the models.

As someone who owns and plays Sisters, the Exorcist missiles do to a point, but it's still mounted on a Predator chassis and bad dice rolls ruin the effectiveness. The same tank can murder a Hive Tyrant turn 1 or fail to even scratch the paint on a Dark Eldar skimmer with it's one shot you rolled.

And Daemonic Corruption sounds like a nice way to help the army.

Throne, it makes me with the Squiggoth was somewhat good. It'd be prime material for conversion.

>baiting
Do you know what the term means, or has it been diluted into a memeword like literally?

I'd give warboss riding a monster rules like a chariot but the chariot is a monsterous creature.
Warboss can't disembark, if one is killed they both g-, wait, that would just mean the warboss would get murdered before he was allowed to swing.

Even in my fantasies Orks are still shit.

Both of you said Shining Spears have T3. I can understand one getting it wrong, but two of you did. So, that has lead me to believe you're samefagging.

Furthermore, the fact you spoke with a voice of authority on a topic you do not actually know anything about, has lead me to believe you were fishing for replies. Just like the user last thread who said that Stormsurges and Wraith Knights count as a Lord of War each, regardless if they're bought in a squadron.

>Nice paint job, but I don't know if "cheery" is the right word for it.

I dunno, I feel like they look pretty friendly. Thats what Ive been telling myself anyway. When I play them Ive brought a pile of candy to share with my opponent, using starburst wrappers to as markers, offering them the red ones after a particularly bad failed save, or big play by me.

AoS isn't great, but I heard they're getting points, and since I've not played WHFB for over a decade (though collected the stuff) my local group might be back to playing it again. Who knows. That said, I flicked through their new models and I honestly don't mind them. The Khorne things make decent Khorne Berserkers and basis for conversions. The board game models they released were fantastic and makes me wonder why 40k hasn't got models like that. The Orcs were neat as well, especially the Boar riding one. Makes me want Cyboars back.

25 PPM for a T4, 3+ Jetbike with a TL'ed shuriken catapult and S6 AP3 on the charge. They're not good, but they've got uses. A small unit is pretty good at wiping out stragglers of units that the rest of your hideously OP army wiped out. Against elite armies with low Leadership they also stand a pretty decent chance of breaking and running down medium sized units.

The idea that a single subpar unit in an army as ludicrously overpowered as Craftworld Eldar is something to evoke pit from Orks and CSM is laughable.

Have you preordered the best dice in the world, that all other dice look up to, Veeky Forums?

It really is my biggest gripe with Orks in 40K.

They have so much potential to be developed in a interesting way but all we get is Boy + (insert weapon).

I hate it more than our ruleset.

Just imagine how much you could expand on the feral aspect of it, Squiggoth cavalary units anyone?

Huge feral beasts that are prized possessions of Warbosses and shipped from World to World, and have been made cybernetic or jammed full of Weapons.

Expand the tank aspect, expand the Grot aspect.

Its so boring in such a fascinating race.

But user, i've already got my Alpha Legion dice from FW

I won't claim AoS models to be perfect, just the best part of the game so far.

I wish we had Fantasy models + 40K Ork lore.

Ultramarines huh.
You've succumb to suggestion and marketing. You tell yourself its theme and fluff, but thats the power of clever sales on a feeble mind. Sorry bro, but dont feel bad. Someone has to be part of the herd. You are a resource, and an essential cog, dont you forget that.

I know about it, I just misspoke twice, Shining Spears are the only t4 units in my army so 3 was what came to mind, bit embarrassing as i actually had the codex open to look up their point value.
Such is the fate of token units.

Wraithknights don't have squadrons, though I was wrong about the SS.
I should know better than to post based on memory seeing as I'm an absolute ass when others do it.

>The board game models they released were fantastic and makes me wonder why 40k hasn't got models like that.

40k has. It's called Deathwatch: Overkill