Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Would you marry a blinkling? Take a blinkling as your maid? Take a blinkling as your cohort?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

scribd.com/doc/54141964/Complete-Dragon-Magazine-3-5-Feats-Flaws-And-Fighting-Styles
docslide.us/documents/complete-dragon-magazine-35-feats-flaws-and-fighting-styles.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1qO_xb3s3X_w18Pa2z2uf3fvmXYf9CJC8z2hi1TSbl3g/pub
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/create-demiplane
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/charm-domain/love
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what is at the bottom layer of the abyss, assuming it has one?

your house

I would pet that blinkling.

Qlippoths

Another abyss. Possibly in reverse this time.

Which leads to Noiralog

Asked this last thread:

How viable is Cornugon Smash/Shatter Defenses Slayer? Is there anyway to get around fear immunity without Antipaladin or Dread levels?

Very, path of war.

asked a bit late previous thread:
Is the Everyman Options: Kineticists pdf floating around somewhere? Does not seem to be in the trove.

either pfg or pol

>thread purge

At least for once nazimod is doing it for a good reason, but holy shit that's a lot of dumpstered posts.

Anyway, what's /pfg/'s favorite monster templates? I'm partial to that fey creature template an user posted last thread personally.

the bloody template for skeletons. Has saved my necro so much money over the course of our adventures. Though the lich template is a classic.

Graveknight

>Or, sorry, up to half 1/2 level?
that's right
>Am I correct in assuming that also applies to multi-hit strikes
Only if each hit has an attack/damage roll

>Fix yon grammar
fix'd
>Blood discipline choice would be better off being between all disciplines. Its weird that Black Seraph and Silver Crane aren't on the list when they match with actual bloodrager bloodlines.
In my original draft, each bloodline had a specific blood discipline for it, however many people Gareth included thought that was a stupid idea and also made the class really hard to future-proof. And instead of Black Seraph and Silver Crane, I felt that Eternal Guardian and Cursed Razor were somewhat more conducive to the overall theme and were able to cover a wider variety of themes.
> Also I feel like this archetype barely trades anything.
The idea was to make the archetype as compatible as possible with already existing ones. Plus the base Bloodrager was already a pretty low T4 to begin with that took a while to come into its own, while the Blood Reaver is mostly a class that starts off good and stays at relatively same level across the levels.
Though I see what you mean. I was considering pulling out the Blood Discipline and have it gained at 4th level instead, but I'm unsure.
Also, your concern on Vitae is a viable one. What would you recommend it changed to?

Hooray, I FINALLY got some critique! Thank you!

Reposted for the guy in last thread
>47957581
>They may only perform maneuvers from this chosen discipline while in a either in a bloodrage (see below)
Fix yon grammar
Recovery sounds familiar. Please come up with something that isn't the barbarian's recovery.

Blood discipline choice would be better off being between all disciplines. Its weird that Black Seraph and Silver Crane aren't on the list when they match with actual bloodrager bloodlines.

Also I feel like this archetype barely trades anything. They lose a 4th level feature for initiating at 1st. Vitae give them an additional damage and accuracy boost that they do not need. I recommend finding a new buff for vitae to grant and make the archetype make actual trades.

Oh hey man. I was saying just let them pick their blood discipline from all disciplines. No list.

And for vitae, perhaps have it grant T. HP that refreshes by round? Like 1 or 2 per vitae?

>And for vitae, perhaps have it grant T. HP that refreshes by round? Like 1 or 2 per vitae?
That was kinda in my original draft. Gareth said it was kinda stupid, especially since it would take too long/not really be useful.

As for selecting from all the disciplines, well doesn't that seem a bit much?

The Myrmidon can pick from almost all of them. Same with the Warpath. Considering how strong the Warpath is, I doubt you have much to worry.

The T. HP would take a while to build up, but at the same time it feels hard to justify even more damage.

The brawler also picks theirs (even better than the myrmidon actually, though they don't get the amazing grit abilities).

>The Myrmidon can pick from almost all of them
Lets compromise. Let's just make it all the SU disciplines (except Solar Wind) since its based off of your sorcerers blood and it would make no sense for your bloodline to grant you piercing thunder maneuvers.

Also debated about whether or not to allow Mithril Current. Doesn't seem to be too thematically appropriate

Good point.

How come everybody and their mom except the lich gets stuff to control undead? Death knight has command undead for FREE plus a whole bunch of other shit that makes the lich look tame as hell.

What's a blinkling?

I don't think vampires get to control undead either, aside from their spawn. Makes the whole "Lord of the Night" bit hard to pull off unless they're also a caster.

I think it is assumed a lich has class levels that already let them do that.

Because if someone becomes a lich, they almost certainly either already have the stuff to control undead or don't particularly care for it.

So, I've have come to the conclusion that I enjoy watching players agonize over decisions. Give them situations designed so that any choice is a wrong one, and the act of choose only allows them to steer the direction of the pain, and the worse decision is merely a matter of perspective.

Last session I gave the party an easy choice. Their belongings, or the life of a beloved NPC. They chose the NPC. They were unfortunately then dumped into the wild with literally nothing, bare naked. They didn't have good enough survival to feed everyone, the already injured NPC worsened, and they were barely able to keep him alive when they got back to civilization.

Next I think I'll make them play Russian roulette, and have to choose who goes first.

Thats fine and dandy but shouldnt they have something since liches are always portrayed as having mastery over undead?

Yes, 11 levels as a wizard, sorcerer or cleric

not really they are portrayed as masters over the undead simply due to the nature of in order to become one they generally need mastery of making undead. If you make them it helps to have mastery over controlling them.

I like it

You ever played a game called LISA? Because that exact shit happens in that game.

Actually that's retarded.
If any choice is the wrong one, that's "lol you fall" levels of writing.

What's strongest is when every choice is right for some, but wrong for others.

Yes I have. I enjoyed it a great deal.

There was a decision right for some, the party chose the one right for them.

How do I play a teen-aged character with 20 Wis but only 8 Int?

Why would you want to?

Doesn't have book learning, but can read people and is aware of the things around him. Good at taking care of himself, self sufficient.

Because Warpriest and I think the prospect of a kid that isn't that smart but is a fucking sage

Is your race worth a whole level? Like would someone with no racial features whatsoever be balanced if they get to have an additional class level?

Warpriests really don't need 20 Wis. Strength is much more important unless you're running your whole build off of the Guided weapon enhancement.

depends on the race and the class.

Under the default PF assumption where we pretend that all races and all classes are equal.

This.

WP is perfectly servicable with 14 WIS. You are not there to cast spells, you are there to smack shit in the face.

You probably want 16, still, but you can get by with 14 easy.

My character has just come into possessing approximately 50,000 gp, only issue is I can only spend it on real estate.

What are some swanky buildings I should buy to establish myself as a billionaire philanthropist playboy?

well in this alternative reality no a class level is not worth racial bonuses. +2 to two stat -2 to one you don't need and bonus skill points and all kinds of goodies are better than a lot of the bonuses from a single class level.

Well they aren't, so the question doesn't really work.

build a dock and charge fees on all transactions (smaller than the other companies fees). Then use that money to open a bank giving out loans on decent interest. Use the profits to buy hookers and to be a true billionaire playboy.

All of Pathfinder content pretends this assumption is true, they still go on making it anyway.

Well what else would they do? The CRB is the core of pathfinder, obviously the rest of the game should be built around its powerlevels

I'm personally a fan of Metal-Clad.

Because a Gold-Encrusted Lich is excellent.

I don't actually have any pictures of dosh liches, although I know at least one of you does.

>metal clad
Man I'm finding new ways to boost my undead every day.

Gardens.

m8

scribd.com/doc/54141964/Complete-Dragon-Magazine-3-5-Feats-Flaws-And-Fighting-Styles

docslide.us/documents/complete-dragon-magazine-35-feats-flaws-and-fighting-styles.html

Look up the Necromantic feats in that

Yep.

A gold-clad sorcerer lich is a fun thought, no?

Still, that -6 dex and -2 wis can sting.

Silver's a bit more practical. Only a +4 Cha, but a +2 wis bonus instead of a penalty, and only a -2 to dex. The AC bonus is also 8 instead of 2.

It can also reflect Gaze attacks due to how FUCKING SHINY AND SPLENDID YOU ARE.

But yeah. Metal Clad. Personal fave.

Is there a set way to become metal clad? Such as needing craft wounderous items or something similar? I see some examples but my gm is probably going to want an examples of how to do it/prerequisites before being able to do it. Or is just another "you and the gm work it out situation"?

*how to do it as a wizard
To be specific

Why gardens?

Chicks dig 'em and they look great. Besides, think of all the dryads you could get living in your gardens. That explicitly spells playboy.

docs.google.com/document/d/1qO_xb3s3X_w18Pa2z2uf3fvmXYf9CJC8z2hi1TSbl3g/pub

>go to look at the evil iconics in the vain hope of squeezing something helpful out of them for an evil character
>mfw the magus iconic's backstory literally starts with "he shouldn't even have been born"

What's he look like though?

I know how the magus feels, my sister told me I was a mistake too. I was only 26 when I was told

is there a price for a forge anywhere in pathfinder? as in a forge used for blacksmiths and what not

Like a douchebag.

>my sister told me I was a mistake too.
Is she also your mother?

>tfw your parents tried to have you aborted
>tfw it's probably why you're a mid-20s schizoid autist posting on Veeky Forums

No, just 8 years older.

>parents tried to have you aborted
>they couldn't even do that right
>your intellectual growth and potential for intelligence never stood a fucking chance

That happens more often than you think... and given some of the rape cases we've seen over the years across the world, 8 years older very well *could* be your biological mother.

Very often such children are raised as younger siblings, because fuck if a 7 year old kid can raise a child in this day and age.

The youngest mother in the world was around 5-6.

The thing to remember about Evil characters is that they are, primarily, characters first and alignments second. Even Antipaladins and Evil Clerics have stories that aren't necessarily connected to their alignment.
A Chaotic Evil barbarian, for instance, can still have a rich and deep history in the tales of heroism and martial skill, and be very protective of those that he considers his allies or tribal members. A mercenary that has compunctions and standards can still be NE or even CE, so long as she is self-centered and cruel.
In the Land of the Linnorm Kings game one of the PCs is actually a Chaotic Evil fighter simply because what counts as "the proper viking way to do things" includes such delights as pillaging, the murder of non-nordics, robbery of religious treasures, and blood-eagles or wickermen. They also just happen to include protecting your raiding-partners, family honor, truthfulness, fair trading deals, and slaying evil dragons.

And yeah, that was my point.

Im shocked a 7 year old could survive child birth honestly.

the Chaotic Evil fighter probably actually is NOT a good viking. He's quick to go back on his word.

If he were neutral or lawful, he would view these codes - even if against the law of wherever he regularly raids - as important aspects of his life. But as a Chaotic Evil character, "the proper viking way to do things" is nothing more than an excuse at best, or what he says to someone calling him on theft or betrayals of his own people to get them to bring down the axe long enough for him to stab them through the back.

C-Sections.

Be fair, she's definitely flirting back.
>>in public

In retrospect that makes sense

Which AP is the least combat focused?

>Blinkling
I'm going to need more info than that.

It's a crossbreed between a blink dog and halfling. That's it.

Why not bring it with you?
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/c/create-demiplane

Stats and source? I'm tickled and amused at the idea but I can already feel the cringe from my group at the implied bestiality.

Look in the trove and find Bloodforge under Dreamscarred Press. Yes, this is from the same company /pfg/ worships.

Why the fuck would that happen?

if a Celestial and a Fiend mate, what happens?
Would the result change depending on what types they were? Would an Angel/Daemon spawn be different from an Agathion/Qlippoth spawn?

Probably makes one of these morally-confused fucks

Annihilation reactions aside?
Regular, powerless humanoids.
Or damaged mutants. The "my superpower is being purple and having cancer" kind, not the x-men kind.

So I'm building a 5th level gestalt Mesmerist/Heavens oracle to color spray all the things.

DM is allowing 1pp only.

I'm going with Reptoid for the race and focusing on control.
I'm thinking heavy armor prof and combat casting for my feats (can't color spray from the back)

He's a Reptoid who is convinced that there is a better way to get what his race needs than secret infiltration and running the shadow government.
He wants the coordinates of a world with abundant natural resources and no sapient species to exploit, and will receive this as a post game reward.

25 point buy so I'm thinking
Str 13
Dex 12
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 20
Post racial adjustment.

I'm having a hard time picking a curse. Maybe tongues with aklo would be thematic?

Depending on your setting, that's how you got humans.

>color spray all the things.
There are much more interesting things to do in gestalt.

A Concordant Killer.

Wizards, man. No sense of right or wrong.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/cleric/domains/paizo---domains/charm-domain/love
>Adoration (Su): As an immediate action, you can attempt to thwart a melee or ranged attack that targets you. This ability functions as sanctuary, but only against one individual attack. You must use the ability after the attack is declared but before the roll is made. The creature attacking you receives a Will save to negate this effect. If a creature has more than one attack, this ability only affects one of the attacks. You can use the ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier. This is a mind-affecting effect.
>TL;DR You can negate attacks if an attacker fails their Will save

I have 20 Wisdom, I can do this for basically every attack for an entire day

Well, once per round only, at the cost of your swift.

I am currently playing a really complicated character in gestalt. I want to play a much simpler one because the rules arguments are making me angry.

One attack, one/round. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but against more than one attacker, a full attack, a pouncer, a monster with lots of attacks, it will not be sufficient protection on its own.

You can do it 1/round for one attack against you, up to 3+Wis times per day.

It's shit.

How do I living legend efficiently, /pfg/?