Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Welcome to the MTG flake/lore thread!

Previously:
Shit tons of art. Some story discussion. We need more contributors.

Previous thread: Writefagging last time:
Spider mom eats some poor sap: The Cathar and Daisy: REMINDER:

If you want ANYTHING to go in the repo, just summon me. Otherwise I will only put writefagging and sheets in the repo.

Also, I added the blank template to the ALL FLAKESHEETS folder.

To summon me simply say
>OP OP, I SUMMON THEE. PLACE THIS FILE IN THE REPOSITORY.
And I will come. Unless that's too gay. I update the repo on a bi-threadly basis anyway.
>Current Repository

drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwl7IuoVRkFxUDZRVGVfQ1BDbm8

Okay so it's time for me to head out, when I get back I'll likely start working on something. Likely will start with a shot at Venn and then move to either the Messenger or Serena.

I think this is the art messenger user always uses atleast. I dont have that card thing he posts saved up so atleast I dont have much else to refer to.

Fuck, forgot Serena's writefagging

even though you got a bundle on your plate already I figure I should post this if you ever consider it.

>shh gentle fishbeast
My sides.

I could see Serena doing that. Well... Maybe not now...

It would be cute.

>shh gentle fishbeast, it will all be over soon

Over the top action, that is

Ka is a horror right... that's kind of like an Eldrazi.

Purify.

currently he's just a mutant
but eventually the idea is he'll progress to horror

Hey everyone, thinking of making some contributions since someone was getting upset about that in the last thread.

Figured I'd start out with a joke character just to get a feel for the template and all that.

I have no idea who that guy is, by the way, I just did an image search for "normal guy"

>This plane is pretty good, I like the trees but maybe I should see what else is happening in the multiverse!
>What the fuck, robots and body horror, I'm out.
>Giant world eating monsters? NOPE
>This isn't so bad, look there's an angel... wait, why does it have 4... oh fuck...'mrakul

>not making Bob, From Accounting

I want you to know that David Miller is going to the top of the repo.

Another character for Rock&Cock's show I guess.
>going back to lorwyn
Actually...

Messenger user here. Can I... Ask whats Messenger going to be in? I doubt I will oppose whatever it is, but I'd like to know.

That being said, seemingly there was some scuffle about content? I feel super guilty about this since I have done nothing with any of my flakes. Well Messenger mainly since Beep is unusable. Does anyone have any ideas what story to do with it? I am worthless shit so I cant promise I will do anything, but I'd like suggestions anyway. Its just funny how Messenger has done so very little interracting with anyone, especially the more prominent flakes in these threads.

he's making sprites

Thats pretty damn cool.

>Does anyone have any ideas what story to do with it? I am worthless shit so I cant promise I will do anything
Honestly, he's one of those flakes that you either have to do a one-shot with, have interact with oldwalkers, or make him unglued. Powerful flakes are limited in story potential(or at least in the capacity of a flake teamup) for that reason.

Wait, were you talking about messenger or beep? I thought you were talking about beep.

>one-shot with
>have interact with oldwalkers
I have to ask what these mean in this context? One shots seem kinda obvious, no way I would force anyone to suffer my idiocy for more than one story at most. And I'm just not sure what interacting with oldwalkers means here.
>make him unglued
So he is actually THAT bad? For some reason this really hurts.
>Powerful flakes are limited in story potential for that reason.
Messenger is powerful? Perhaps with a lot of prep time but I dont know, otherwise he just drops summoned myrs on people and hope they stop moving, he doesnt really have other tools with him.

But this is kinda eye opening. No wonder people didn't really show much eagerness to work with my shit creation. I feel like an idiot. (Even more so than before.)

See

>I feel like an idiot.
HOW DO I CONVINCE YOU I LIKE MESSENGER?

I was talking about Beep. Even then, that wasn't a criticism of Beep.

What are you on to, man, no one hates messenget. Except skype, I think.

Oh, I was talking about Messenger. Like I said, Beep is pretty much unusable, even if he isnt strong at all.
>HOW DO I CONVINCE YOU I LIKE MESSENGER?
Considering how negative I am in general, I am not sure its possible. I appreciate it though.
I first read that as skynet. Now that would be a fucking fight and a half.

yo Serena, I sent you a steam req

I've accepted all the requests I've gotten. Seriously though did you just search for me or something?

I was in the last thread and was debating adding you then decided that fuck it, I can always use more people on my friends list and having you on it might make me more motivated to write Nishal-related faggotry

You the guy with the Abe's Odyssey avatar?

ye, my fave game. also, I reminded myself to start working on Nishal/Iosha-related stuff. Thinking about doing a non-flake ball thing where Nishal realises that he's got a thing for Iosha, or vice-versa.

Fucking do it.

Well I've never seen you online.

I was actually thinking of writing something off topic while I wait for more EMN canon to come out. I don't want to write something then have to redo it later because the Magic Story negates it.

gonna do it
there's gonna be confusion of what "consort" means because Nishal ain't a high-falutin' society type and Iosha is

that's why I've got a policy of staying away from relevant planes for writing. makes things too tricky and could mean that I wasted a lot of time writing.

Anyone have any ideas/request for writing? As I said I'm going to put Innistrad stuff on hold until I know for certain the fate of the normal angels, allowing me to write. So Serena(either one) is open for most things, doesn't have to be serious stuff either.

You two just fuck or something.

Serena goes to the tailor and tries to find comfortable containers for her mana batteries

I like this.

Sometimes writing enough smut gives you good ideas

so with a grand overarching plot of "nothing's fucking happening except random mutations and angels are evil now" in IN 2, what has changed now that spoilers are rolling and the bullshit thing we all feared with it being Eldrazi the whole time?

Now the angels are evil AND mutants and people are melting together. Also dumb chants'mrakul.

Every godamn day I miss Urza and the WL crew more and more.

Okay, I'm back after yet another night of failing to play my Group Hugs Deck. Lets do some sprites.

I'll start out with the Messenger first, then I'll take some requests.

This brings such a smile to my face.

You mixed those two up.

>Serena sees Emrakul
>Stares into her eye
>Begins to lose herself in the violet light
I know Serena already went through this, but would y'all like to read a kind of different take?

Sure. Sounds groovy.

Good, because I got there from justifying how Serena learns to change her shape to fit situations
because that involves my fetish

Basically everything is my fetish

Avacyn and Nahiri cuddling

Could be cute.

So where you planning on writing this or do you want me to?

I will write it tomorrow, currently nearly 3 am and I need to be at work at noon tomorrow.

Disgusting

Righto, I think I will right that silly idea today, ease up on all the edgy stuff for a little bit.

Shit taste

Nahirifag

Why is this thread so dead this time around?

all the circlejerkers are asleep, so nobody else cares for flakes

I'm awake, I know several others are but these threads are always quiet on the weekends for some reason.

Dick move.

I like flakes, but I've got nothing to contribute right now.

so if im new to this thread and want to make a flake, i just make one?

Yeah, sure. There are templates and examples of a ton of flakes in the repository linked in the OP.

Just remember that the general agreement is that all flakes are equally shit, but that doesn't stop us from trying to enjoy it.

Yeah, that's the idea. There's blank templates in the repo and you can look at others as examples.

Been awake. Been checking the thread. Just trying to take a step back to give other people room.

golly ur lucky gaia
pretty much
-take this template
-fill it out
-argue about your flake's motivations for 1.35 threads
-fall into obscurity

>golly ur lucky gaia
I don't get it.

dem trips

shiiiiit. That's happened a lot.

Chandere

Now that's just uncalled for. Nobody deserves to be called that, no matter what their tastes are, unless they are the chicken herself

Ouch.

It was only after I started writing this that I realised I know less than nothing about Ravnica.

If you've got questions, I'll gladly help out. I'm basically Ravnica-obsessed. I have decks for each guild built exclusively from cards from the Ravnica and Return to Ravnica blocks and I own the books for both blocks.

Thanks, friend. Innistrad is the only plane I know well. This is a jokey kind of story anyway so I guess I don't need to be too accurate but I'm mostly interested in what kind of aesthetic Ravnica has, is it comparable to any Earth cultures?

So, most of Ravnica is city. People still use animals and carts to move stuff (with huge creatures like locopedes acting as trains, and zeppelins being a thing that also exist), but it's all divided up into streets and districts. Some parts of the city are more blatantly territory to certain groups than others, and every guild has a purpose. However, a lot of people are still guildless.

Basically, just imagine a huge fantastic city. There are people of all kinds providing all matter of services. A typical scene in Ravnica is probably takes place on a street with lots of merchant stalls or between shady figures in an alleyway. There are all kinds of races, and the concept of mana as a source of power for devices is not typically so much in the hands of commonors, but forms some kind of technology for people that are knowledgeable about that kind of thing (terms like pyromana or necrobiomanalogical exist).
And the city has laws. Oh, man, does it have laws. The city could be just about anything, but the Guildpact is what stops it from just totally descending into chaos. In the past, the laws put the guildless at a serious disadvantage, but I think that it's not as bad as it used to be given the events of RtR.

It's magical cityworld Prague. Everything is city, even the parts the Gruul broke. That's just ruined, overgrown city. The guilds are the goverment, the big businesses, and the public services all at the same time, and most people are not in a guild (sucks to be them).

One thing about Ravnica I've never been 100% clear on - do people know about the Dimir? I know that during first Ravnica block Drimir was a secret, but were they common knowledge by the time RtR came around? Or by the end of the Dragon's Maze storyline? Or are they still a secret guild to this day?

Are you going to live up to that name, friend?

Prior to the first set, the Dimir were unknown.
Nowadays, they're the ones in charge of the libraries and press and whatnot, what do you mean secret information network that's just silly someone must be trying to besmirch the Dimir name with such blatantly false rumors

Is that a request?

So people know that they exist, but don't really know what they do?

Content is content.

Don't forget

During the first Ravnica set, nobody knew about House Dimir.

As far as anyone was concerned, there were nine guilds. The 10th one was like an old folk tale. Even in stories about the signing of the Guildpact, it would be rare for anyone to include Szadek in the story.

This is because House Dimir signed themselves into being a secret as part of the Guildpact. It was illegal for the other paruns that signed or anyone who would work for/replace them to ever reveal that Dimir existed (and most people didn't even know).

During the Ravnica: the City of Guilds book, Szadek attempted to destroy the Guildpact. In the ensuing brawl, he was arrested by Agros Kos, which broke the rule of the Guildpact that no one was allowed to reveal his existence, and therefore weakened the Guildpact.

People are aware of House Dimir now, but it's more or less impossible to know if anyone is a member, because they just blend in.

everyone who calls themselves "Guildless" is actually just a low-ranking member of the Dimir and no one else knows the identities of the other guildmembers[/spoiler

This is actually true about some people that are "Guildless." The thing is too that because House Dimir operates in secrecy, it's hard to tell if things are actually the work of hired hands, if a Guild was involved, or if House Dimir did it and framed someone else.

House Dimir mostly gets by acting as couriers, librarians, and pretty much anything information-related. They also of course are good at spying, sabotage, and assassinations.

I'll see what I can do.

Anything in particular you had in mind?

Dammit, I'm not used to this name thing.

Not really, just seemed like peculiar name to have if you weren't planning on delivering. I was by no means asking you to write something with Serena but that isn't to say that you can't, just that I don't mind what is written as long as we get content.

Some people in the thread might argue otherwise, but really, what keeps the threads alive is discussion and content-making; anything is better than nothing.

That being said, if anybody makes smut-content, please don't post it directly in the thread.

I'll be busier than normal today with real life, but I'll try to whip something up before the day is over.

Btw

Rage without limit.

Can't you assholes use consistent titles so people can hide your threads? Sick and tired of having to do it manually. Make a general and deal with people hiding your threads, or fuck off.

"Oh, no, I get upset when I see threads in the catalog that aren't of my own interests, on an image board where people can post literally anything within the board's theme."

He's kind of got a point, though. Once you get to the point where you've got a thread constantly on the board at all hours, it should be common courtesy to give the thread a standardized title - both to reduce clutter for those who don't want to see it, and even more importantly so that those who DO want to find it can do so easily

It doesn't have a consistent title because we have two OPs, and neither want to use the same format. Deal with it.

How courteous.

Maybe they should collaborate and work something together, then?
And just saying 'deal with it' is rather rude. As was the guy initially saying something about this whole mess, true, but there's no reason to dismiss something out of hand because of that.