/CYOA/ General

[Everything Sucks and I'm Gonna Bitch About It | Edition]
Last Thread Pastebin: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Rolled 12 (1d20)

Urban Fantasy When

>It's really fun even if you ain't a fag.
What, why is it fun anyway?

Torn between three new OC ideas.

1. Remake the Man Who Would Be King one I did years ago. Basically, be a godking to primitive natives in colonial times. Don't let them discover you're just some dude pulling a massive con on them.
2. Space adventure thing except you and your crew are all escaped criminals. Think Blake's 7 except you're not necessarily being framed like Blake was.
3. Aliens have recruited you and a bunch of other humans to save the galaxy. Unfortunately their selection process was based entirely on what they read people claim about themselves on message boards. Can you lead your band of furries, fat white kids with samurai swords and the best sniper in the entire US armed forces to victory?

Number 2, please.

3. because it sounds like the most hilarious out of the three options.

2 sounds the best out of all of them.

All three of these ideas are actually very interesting, and I wouldn't be object to any of them seeing the light of day. Personally number 2 as it has the most potential is the frontrunner for me, with number three afterwords, simply because 1 has already been done.

3 would be incredible.

The same reason that theater and rpg are fun. Playing a character, taking on a role.

YOU SAID IT, BOY. BACK IN MY DAY YOU WOULD GET 3 OC WITH THE MORNING PAPER AND NONE OF THEM WOULD HAVE WOMEN BECAUSE THEY WERE TOO BUSY SEWING UNIFORMS FOR OUR SOLDIERS. WE FOUGHT THE COMMIES BECAUSE LENIN STOLE COPIED OUR OC AND PUT THEM IN HIS PAPERS. IT WAS LONG, COLD AND HARD, AND WE NEARLY LOST BUT THAT ALL CHANGED WHEN PRESIDENT NIXON OUTLAWED CYOAS AND THEY WERE NEVER SEEN AGAIN. SO WE FORGOT ABOUT THEM AND STARTED MAKING RADIOS OUT OF POTATOES.

3 - definitely.

Any of that new shit here yet?

The revamp of Pokemon Personified? Quiet's OC? I think he said it'd be done by now.

>a muslim lied

What did you expect?

Wow, a ton of powers you're never gonna have enough points for. I like the idea though I kind of dislike how it seems strongly slanted towards inevitable conflict. Means I can't just take comfy/enjoyable powers but I always feel like restrictions are good for creativity. I'll take the flat 10 points.

>Disadvantages
Pacifism 12
Code of Honor 13
Power Growth 15

>Other Powers
Major Power Generation 11

>Personal Powers
True Self Biokinesis 7
Superior Endurance 5

>Mental Powers 4

>Manipulation Powers 3

>Equipment
Book of Rebuttal 0
-Usually has Power Sensing/Mass Power Sensing highlighted

Access to almost all powers through Power Generation, which seems incredibly powerful. Needing 10 years to get up to full power is a hassle but the plan is to be as untraceable as possible. Then once I'm at my top power and much more practiced at swapping out my powers I'll be very powerful. I'll never be as strong as someone who specialized in one field but my strength is in my flexibility and the huge array of options laid out before me. It might actually be worth taking the Hunted disadvantage for the Unpredictable power.

Replication is just one of many strong powers to choose with Power Generation, allowing me an even wider array of abilities though they'd all be quite massively underpowered.

I realized that my plans for this were obstructing me from pushing out something complete, as I wasn't really working on it (I don't even remember what I planned to do with the image of Trump...)

So here's some OC-ish. I've put out a mostly-complete WIP before, but this can be called complete.

Forgot your name? Also, it seems like something as simple as combat clairvoyance shouldn't require four perks to get.

3, all the way please.

3 sounds great

You tell us to use our postnumber to determine which realm we get thrown into, but you have two realms listed as corresponding to 00 (the first one and the last one).

Other than that, seemed like an interesting CYOA. Won't be saving or making a build because of the forced random bullshit at the end, though.

Well really all you'd need is any single one of them but a focus on fighting pre-cog, multiple traits would just make things more secure.

3 is the best option by far.

I want to compliment you for this, but it's too much at once and some of it is pure bullshit. I'm conflicted as fuck and that's your fault.

2. plz.

thanks, the last should be 99 not 00.

I guess I should let you opt out of the random thing if you bought the boring-er?

3 sounds like a perfect "So bad it's good" situation. I need this to be proven.

2 please.

Though I wouldn't mind you making all of them at some point. Like first #2, then #1, then #3.

2 it is then. For the best since it's what I have the most ideas for.

My concern with 3 is that the gag wear thin pretty fast. Maybe as a quick one-pager it'll work, but not as anything expansive.

He said it'd be done by this upcoming weekend. If he doesn't make the deadline, it's probably because of school.

He should just drop out already and make large-scale CYOA like Highland. He'd obviously need the time to incorporate his notes into his work.

I'll take an original, funny one page affair over five banal pages of run of the mill wish fulfillment every day, but it's your decision. Have fun with it.

Wait and see, remember that every author and anonymous poster has a life outside of the general that may come calling.

Intersting, hope to see your work pan out for you.

Do not wish such a fate upon another person lightly, Traveller is essentially a world building exercise that Highlander has done to solidify a world he hopes to make books and games with.

Kudos to the user who made this. Powers are interesting and the Devil isn't an overt cunt.

I've written exactly one option for number 2 so far and I'm already stealing Ivan Dovsky lines from Monkey Dust.

It's not going to be super serious.

user, sidebar: not everything said online is to be taken literally.

Out of all those realms, Sapphoshire is the one that pissed people off?

>Windows To The Soul V (15)
>Shifter's Phases IV (25)

I'll make myself goodlooking and dominate my way into a lucrative bullshit job. Life is now easymode.

do you think it would be better if the ship was just fuelled through exploration and adventure?

E and L
use my super teleportation power to become the wet dream of anyone involved in logistics, for a price.

I don't think it was the realm itself, but the fact that she wouldn't admit it was a fetish or evil.

Looks like she agreed with you, /cyoa/

Yes. Corruption is not an option with our lack of powers, emotion is rather munchkinny and knowledge is creepy as fuck.

What bothered me most was that plenty of options revolved around designing a spaceship for multiple people but there are no fucking companions so you're pretty much forced into building a personal luxury ship.

Snail was a qt though.

ACHIEVE HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE

>Rolled 12 (1d20)
Powers: Pinnacle Healing, Superior Healing, Excellent Healing, True Self Biokinesis, Willpower
Equipment: N/A
Disadvantages: N/A

Have you seen the heaven in this verse? I don't think anyone wants to achieve that.

KILL THE GODS AND TOPPLE THEIR THRONES

aw crap, I remember this
I don't know anything about Doctor Who, so I don't think I'd understand this.
>Cutebuggy will never return

I'd honestly accept the scientists offer. I'm making the assumption that the android body retains bodily sensations, which makes it a superior route towards nigh-immortality than skellymen route, which I assume does not retain pleasurable stuff like that. When faced with the prospect of an eternity of stuff to do, sensations trump over everything else

Then forge a far greater heaven from the ruins.

A remake of the Man Who Would Be King sounds great!

>I don't know anything about Doctor Who, so I don't think I'd understand this.
Besides the whole "this is basically a TARDIS" and the "Bad Wolf" reference, there's not really much (if anything) Doctor Who about it as far as I could tell.

newfag here... how do you roll a number?

I guess... Cute? Maybe Underdeveloped?

Both wishes B and D are mine

First, you remove the trip, then you go back to where ever you came from and never come back.

>genderbending
Not a fetish.
>forced genderbending
Not evil.

She's a special kind of crazy isn't she?

Pretty sure it wasn't the genderbending that people were so up in arms about.

the misc features (especially the names) are mainly ripped from the show.

The gender bending wasn't the issue, it was the fact that it basically mindfucked everyone into being lesbians.

oops.
How do you roll a number?

See "this is basically a TARDIS".

I think males just weren't allowed in. But women who entered were mindbroken and corrupted.

Hello, anons, I'm working on a cyoa similar to pic related and wanted an opinion - Would the stats Athleticism, Cuteness, Intelligence, Lewdness and Magic be good for a cyoa like this? Idea for it is you choose between 1 and 4 lolis and some equipment plus house upgrades. Each loli gets base stats and the house upgrades and equipment modify them further. There will be different missions based on each loli as well to allow some writefaggotry as well.

I agree on the corruption one with no powers to do so but thought that knowledge while creepy was also very cool.

The size of the ships seems weird when it includes companions who wouldn't fit well in those areas in regards to living/sleeping.

If the last 3 foes are from cyoas are the first 3? don't recognize the first 3. snail image could have been better. that white background looks like trash compared to the rest.

Hey Highlander, do you think you can describe better for me what the Elder Things look like, maybe a picture if available?

>Would stats be good?
Do you need the stats for something that either can't be done without stats, or is much easier to do with them?

Sure.

Today's update was great. She's finally seizing her destiny.

Your name, ie, your trip, is still there. But dropping that:

random . org

Oh dear lord, that's quite the beasty. How do they even wear armor, or wield weapons for that matter?

Sounds good, but as a warning; magic tends to OP when compared to other stats. Unless you strictly define what it can be used for.

Hopefully the missions aren't an important part of the CYOA, so I'm not forced to choose lolis I don't want, because they have the stats I need.

Well, the tripcode was gone, if nothing else. Also, I know that website, I really meant what you actually had to type in a comment to do it.

>A remake of the Man Who Would Be King sounds great!
I Totally Agree. It's an interesting premise.

Each mission goal will require some stats be at certain amounts to succeed at them but there are scales of success (bad, not so bad, decent, good, hand-holding and head pats

Creativity and very strong tentacles.

>Cuteness

Isn't this a useless stat, since they would all be cute, and you'd basically be shoehorning in your subjective opinion on which is the cutest?

And don't forget your Slav Paladins.

You skipped right past the instructions on your way to the thread.

Find them yourself.

It will be defined well enough. I'm still in "alpha phase" (and finding names and abilities plus pics to associate with the girls and various other things on the cyoa) but theoretically someone with max Cute could overpower someone with almost max Athleticism for example.

You seem like a nice guy.

Each loli starts with the same level of Cute (tentatively set at rank 5 of 10). Only the other stats vary loli to loli.

rolling

I'd like to request a sneak peak into Quiet's new cyoa to apologize for crushing our hopes and dreams today.

Stability

Rolled 28, 31, 39, 22, 42, 8, 39 = 209 (7d50)

And you seem like the sort of person who can't figure out how to do things for yourself.

Rolled 26, 18, 47, 23, 35, 6, 34 = 189 (7d50)

Try this again, derp

So our lolis are subpar cute, if we don't take certain house upgrades and equipment?

I looked at the FAQ... but yeah you're mostly right, I'm a lazy piece of shit. I feel like you've wasted more energy telling me to fuck off than actually help me.

More voted for 3 though. And it is by far the most interesting option. But if you already decided when you asked...

And wasting energy is the entire point of Veeky Forums.

I'm genuinenly worried for the kind of anons who would play an adventure cyoa with extremely younglooking lolis, but OC is OC so good luck. I hope the 2D pedophiles stay away though.