Characters From Media That are Played by That Guy

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bmnzZvNK9rQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>"the big burly henchman you pissed off punches you repeatedly with his brass knuckle, take 20 damage"
>"nuh uh, he was actually punching... this coathanger instead! he takes the damage instead"

and then the GM sighs and goes along with it because he doesn't want to argue with him again

George Lucas: Okay group, we are playing Star Wars Saga Edition. In fact, this one will take place prior to the previous game.
That Guy: *pulls George Lucas aside* Hey, would to be cool if I played Vader pre-fall and we do a Fall of a Hero story line, so we can tie it in with Vader's redemption at the end of the last game.
George Lucas: GENIUS!
>gets pic related

FUCK! Forgot the pic. I am a moron.

>coat hanger

It's a coat rack you philistine

How about people in real life that are played by That Guy?

>rping joseph joestar
>not the most based thing ive ever heard

thats what i meant tho

Quite a lot of characters which are awesome in a story/movie/vidya/manga/etc. can be horrible as a PC.

The MAGA-man is answer to both of those.

This right here:
If Joseph isn't whining with the GM about how he should totally have been not punched, then he's gotta be exploiting an ability and using it to break the system over his knee.

"media" can be actors and stuff irl I guess

Griffith always gets posted in these threads eventually, but if you look at it from another perspective you could also argue that golden age Guts was the real That Guy of the campaign.

>wrote a 20 page backstory to justify why his character is so good at using big swords
>convinced the GM to let him have a homebrew greatsword tailored specifically to his character
>ridiculously minmaxed for combat, he always ruins cool scenes by just fighting everything and actually winning (the GM designed the 100 man battle as a fun escape scene, but Guts rolled initiative instead and forced the GM to actually go through the full combat until all 100 men were dead, including the miniboss that the GM statted up on the fly to try and end the encounter early)
>GM creates a superhuman plot device character to finally put an end to That Guy and tricks him into facing him 1v1 while the rest of the party is elsewhere
>Guts abuses some obscure rule about weapon durability in order to disarm the boss and then one shot him while he's defenseless
>GM can't stand this shit anymore and goes "well actually that's not even his final form..."
>That Guy gets BTFO by GM fiat
>Just when it looks like That Guy is about to die, he starts bitching in OOC
>the player who invited That Guy to the group starts to feel bad and begins metagaming to have his character conveniently appear and save Guts
>the GM gets really butthurt at this point and decides to try and go for a TPK
>That Guy's bro reveals the special snowflake plto device item that was included in his own 10 page backstory which completely negates the boss' ability to fight for unexplained reasons
>GM ragequits the campaign

The only Jojosplayed by "god" players are Jonathan ,Josuke, Jolyne, and Other Josuke.

Jotaro's player is trying so hard to be col and shit, but his character comes out an edgelord. Gets better after a few campaogns and brings the character back in a later one; with a real personality this time around.

Giorno's payer isn't too bad, just new to roleplaying so he's kind of bland, and a little bit on the powergamey side.

Johnny "tried to shoot an infant" Joestar is just a straight up That Guy who more or less derailed the campaign; thankfully the GM saved it with the president plot he pulled out of his ass.

You are doing it wrong. You don't RP Jojo.

You make a Bard, and you RP Speedwagon.

All your points into knowledges. Bardic Knowledge EVERYTHING. Know the name of the sword, and its history and powers, of the enemy YOU HAVE NEVER MET and indeed NEVER SEEN and explain that shit out loud to yourself and the party in real time.

Because talking is a free action.

SHIT. I wanted to post that.

Hasn't the GM rejoined the campaign last year or so?

Or he's just using an ability and fluffing it.

He dodged, this is how he did it, so on and so forth Nothing system breaking about it.

Forgot to add why that guy

>creates min/max'ed Loli magical girl in superhero game.
>roleplays her as a tsundere bitch that hates the party and belittles them like an asshole claiming "it's all part of the roleplay".
>starts pvp nearly insta-killing another player for no real reason then someone having enough of her shit, stopped by the "this guy" of the group from killing him.
>kills every enemy before the party get's a go at it, and then says they are useless.

>disregard for life
>fucks men off-screen
>kills quest givers before the quests can be proposed
>unreasonably angry at the prospect of losing whatever she stole
>constantly bored/angry
>lies, pretends to be better than she is, backstabs people and laughs about It
>only person in the world that puts emphasis on getting more and more bloody
>scoffs at riddles and attacks mechanisms behind them
>blames snow for avalanches. The exact quote "Pussy ass snow, I wasn't yelling that hard!"

That said, I love that bitch

Briefly rejoined and then quit again.

Well, those guys are simply dedicated to their roles.

It's Aqua who brings out the worst out of them

>Is supposed to be a competent officer, ends up being completely useless and ends up helping the big bad.

bump for the bump gods

Everyone in Konosuba is a terrible person. Thats why its great.

Its like watching 'Its always Sunny in Philadelphia' set in the starter town of a japanese RPG.

>Darkness
>a terrible person
She's terribly misguided, but I think you're stretching it.

An edgy character in an edgy campaign.
Every badguy rapes little girls, digs bestiality, ruthlessly kills people, etc just to demonstrate that they the bad dudes

The character himself is in endless agony from flames that persist as long as he lives, combined with ridiculous regen that can res him from pure ash in seconds.

Also he almost fucked his sister and was used as fuel when he was younger

>Its like watching 'Its always Sunny in Philadelphia' set in the starter town of a japanese RPG.
Well fuck, now I have to watch it.

>'So he's the decendant of the last two strongest wizard families left on the continent.'
>'Yes.'
>'And he can use both kinds of magic, including the one that should be evil without making him evil, at an extremely high level.'
>'He can't actually controll it properly, though. It's balanced!'
>'And this... Sword of truth thing he uses... Can cut through anything and gives him godlike skill?'
>'Yeah, but only when he's pissed.'
>'AND he just happens to have 18 in ever sta- is that a fucking 30 in wisdom?'
>'I obtained those scores legitimately.'

sounds like a mary sue

Noel is clearly the GM's girlfriend who's never played an RPG before.

She isn't That Guy. The GM for BlazBlue is That Guy.

I haven't played the games, what do you mean by that?

The GM for BlazBlue might be That Guy, but Hazama is the smoothest motherfucker ever. that BBEG alone makes the rest of his shitty game worth it.

them speed run strats.

>the GM's girlfriend
Fuck, really? I never knew... If that's true, then we should probably do something...

>Her character is beat on or made worthless every single session and gets that brainrape at the end of the first scenario.

Shit, guys? I'm really worried. Should we talk to one of them?

To be fair, I don't think anyone except Noel even looked at the GM's setting before they made their characters. Heck, I'm not even sure they wrote their sheets for the same system.

Hazama's plot is clearly a metaphor for being forever-GM for a shitty group, and getting so fed up with doing the same thing over and over that you try to destroy the game on purpose.

If the GM didn't want the players going after Jesus pieces they should have never made Jesus a plot point. One of their characters is a cripple, of course they're going to go for Jesus.

KILL HER!

Hey, fuck you! My character was the best thing about that bullshit game! The GM and his fucking impossible GMPC/BBEG bullshit was absolute garbage!

>Hazama in CP
>MFW he falls into the same trap twice in a row.
>terumi fights hakki
>COMPLETELY disregarding what hakki could do to him
>even though he should know more about the susanoo than Hakki
>Terumi dies like an idiot

Did Terumi swallow stupid pills, or did he completely forget how to act in his own body? I guess Nine's mental tampering and Hazama being in control for years will take its toll.

You know, he could solve the breathing problem with a piece of pipe.

Ragna is pretty much the perfect way to do an edgy character. Everything in the world and his past sounds like an invitation to be the most brooding mopey prick ever, yet he never gives in or milks it.

Not sure if That Guy.

It's GM being ridiculously edgy.

This fucker

This fucker right here

>One of only three PCs to gain any actual fucking character development
>Even the one playing the Alien related to God stopped after they met Cell
>That Guy
Goku was more That Guy than Vegeta, he just remained exactly the same no matter what happened, and constantly shoved his face in so HE was the one to beat the bad guy, not the others.

>Gappy and Yasuho are an actual couple playing the game together
>Joshuu's is incredibly salty about the whole thing; he rarely even shows up so the DM turns him into comic relief when he isn't around (like with the sewer)

Jojo might be a good manga, but Jojofags are a festering blight upon this board.

It's a great show, and the character dynamic between the main guy and girl are great.

They're both terrible people who deserve everything that happens to them.

Not all of the supporting Cast are terrible people though.
Wiz, Eris, and Her mortal avatar certainly don't deserve the shit they get

It's a fun series to hate read.

>character development out the ass
>suboptimal build
>doesn't hog the spotlight
>that facial hair
Vegeta's player is a bro playing a smug asshole for laughs.

I am glad that I'm not the only person who thinks the JoJo discussion needs to be scaled back. Shit used to be way outta hand brah. It's still a little out of hand.

>Hazama's plot is clearly a metaphor for being forever-GM for a shitty group
You know Hazama's always been my favorite in Blazblue, however that statement just hit so close to home with me that I think I feel like I have a new found camaraderie with him.

youtube.com/watch?v=bmnzZvNK9rQ

they need to do more vocal versions of themes

At least half of the female cast of Wheel of Time, ESPECIALLY if they are Aes Sedai.

Mat, meanwhile, starts as That Guy and soon became This Guy

I think Fingolfin honestly qualifies as one of the biggest That Guys

>Muh Oath
>Muh Oath Motherfucker
>Commits Genocide and burns boats

This nigga knows

Doesn't solve the fact his lungs are on fire.

that and megaman would be so awesome if not for the dialogue.

>"Dr. Pedo made me into a real boy!"

>"Alright, so we're playing a dark gothic/cosmic horror game, roll up your hunter."
>"I'm gonna use a twinblade that can transform into two swords, and when I stab myself I get more powerful, and then my attacks start shooting blood out, and then that blood lights on fire, and my dodges are more like teleports. And when I visceral attack the enemy, I stab them, then hug them. Also, I reject my family and heritage, and am trying to find my own path."

Maria a second best. False Iosefka is better.

Ribbon is not That Guy.

He just needs to be homeless and he would be a murderhobo

Not really that guy if you consider from the white suit's point of view. There's nothing wrong with being an murderhobo when that's the party template.

Hisoka is just an NPC though. A ridiculously funny one!

>checked

And now that you mention it, you are right. Albeit I wouldn't really consider the guys in white suit the party, unless it's for a horror campaign (with the Rail Tracer being the otherworldly horror and everything...)

Troi.
>Special snowflake character that's half human half alien
>Can sense emotions, but is useless at actually reading people
>Muh RP ruins team dynamic

Baccano is a final collab session by GMs who had to split the group due to size.

Unfortunately each GM were running a really different game.

Both of them.

Sad part is, if you've read the manga it becomes a plot point...

I see you and raise you this.

So much of a That Guy he became a god.

>Talos
>That Guy

KYS, elven scum.

>Meglomaniacal douche that became ruler of the entire world and imposed his own views and opinions on everyone.
>Pet dragons and ancient super weapon
>Literally became a GOD after dying

Yeah, Talos is pretty That Guy.

If anything, kill all criminals makes more sense in a RPG.

I demand explanation.

Actually I'm not entirely sure on this one

Homura did literally nothing wrong

All the JoJoes are playing the best game of Mage the Awakening

The amount of things I've stolen from that for games is massive

>The Punisher
>Literal murder hobo who also enjoys torturing people
>his background is literally MY FAMILIY IS DEAD
>Even in the alternate Spider Gwen reality where his family was never killed, he's still a blood thristy asshole just with a badge.

The player would be an edgelord who only cares about combat and masturbating under the table at the thought of murder.

Like what?

Shadowthrone AKA Ammanas AKA Kellenvad

Spends much of the first 80% of the series calling everyone else idiots to their faces while he waves some vague ominous plan at them, generally acts like a smug bastard right up until the end, and you NEVER find out if he's making it all up as he goes along or not.

That's a terrible photoshop job. You could at least remove the second soulgem and shield/clock-thing.

Haruhi is more of a DMPC than an actual PC.

Him, Dancer, Dujek One-Arm, Dassam Ultor, and all those guys are all but self-admitted by the author obvious inserts for characters created during a GURPS campaign when the universe used for Malazan was originally conceived.

I love you

Haruhi is like a game with 3 really bad GMPCs and 2 PCs. Haruhi, Yuki and Koizumi are the sole driving force behind the plot 90% of the time, while Kyon and Mikuru only occasionally get to have an impact on anything, mostly going along for the ride.

Isn't she a GMPC?