…Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Double-Deepweb…

*Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
*Last Viewed Files: *UCAS_Open_Bounty_Board.epub
*How_To_Build_An_Escape_Tunnel_In_Your_Squat.trd
*Covering_Your_Ass.sklchp
*Firewatch_Tempo_Raid_2073.sim

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 1075 (7% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "Run and hide while you can, chummers. UO is coming."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
>github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage:
>pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Anywhere_But_Here.btl...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever blow up downtown Seattle with a nailbomb.

Too fucking right

Helleb0re, troll chaser extroardinaire, just tripped up KE's facial recognition after being pronounced dead for a year. Now his lovely corporate daddies at SK know he's alive and are hunting him down. He kills his software that's stealing fractions of nuyen from their accounting department, loses his fancy apartment, and has to move in to the dumpster flat his troll street sammy rents and share a cot with her.

The real question is, does my GM give me dice penalties for permaboner?

the troll sleeps naked

I thought you were harcore gay, Helleb0re.
Sadly as of yet there are no mechanics for boners in SR so I guess it's more of an RP thing.

I'm d0wn2p4rty w/ 3v3ryb0dy thank you very much

Hello lads, I was tasked with designing a technomancer for a friend who doesn't know where to begin. The problem is that I don't either.

What makes for a good Technomancer? High resonance is a given, but how shoud I go about allocating his skillpoints? Also, what traits (aside from codeslinger - hotf) are good picks?

Also, after killing and downloading a fresh chummer 5a, priority and sum to 10 character creation is still fucked.

Forget how to cross-link, but here's a tripfag on claiming to be a Hairbrained Schemes employee:

Then again it might be just someone who wants to draw attention to the Steam sale.

Sprite herder

This.

Use sprites for hacking all the time.

Use the techno tricks when needed.

So, basically...

did the people who built the new matrix

basically build it like large cloud server data centers...

in resonance realms?

I mean i understand what the fluff says - i'm a programmer myself - but it seems like abstraction is reversed. The basement is "magic" whereas in previous editions it was hardware.

Only Technomancers can access Resonanc Realms. The Matrix is still based in hardware, it just has wireless access for everything.

My understanding is that the existence of the hardware and the realms and everything involved generated the foundation. It came after.

ThisBasically computers are magic. People built a structure of actual tech- grids and hosts and whatnot -for the use of the average wageslave and corp. But over time, all that computing power sloshing around the world started to breed strange things like AI and technomancers.

Is a combination of street sam and face possible? A player wants to both play a loli elf dryad face and also not suck at combat.

>Man, rent is only what, five thousand nuyen per month, usually? One job should be enough to cover that. Sounds to me like Mr. Johnson is underpaying you.
Sounds like your runners are either being overpaid, not giving their Fixer his cut, or are working upper-level jobs. 20k is a decent figure for a dangerous run and, after the Fixer takes his cut which he damn well should be doing, split that four ways and you still don't have enough to cover that apartment in Genericville after only a single run.

Pussy.

>Dangerous Run
>20k for the whole group pre-Fixer cut
>decent pay

Are you trogger serious or some sort of dandelion-eating magerun enabler?

Dangerous Run highly implies the utilization of non-reusable ressources (money, gear, w/e) and the possible neceissity to aquire/lose Gear.

4k pp is a sad joke for anything more than a milkrun.

>Pussy
The only thing i agree with.
Frag those whiners.
SR is a Dystopia with rampant violence and corroption, not a Panopticon where every tiny piece of violence gets the full hammer of all law enfocment agencies and corps.
Yes, its totally viable, at least with Cybernetics.
I wont be posting the Charsheet of my Face/Sam Hybrid because you are this cancerous lolifaggot who can't stop attentionwhoring

>4k pp is a sad joke for anything more than a milkrun.
Bonuses are always negotiable, of course.

I'm having a hell of a time understanding Grids.

If my Decker is on a Horizon run and attempting to connect to a Horizon host slaved to a security camera and the Decker connects directly via a data port does he have to hack onto the Horizon grid as well or does directly connecting put him on the Horizon grid already?

Hey. I'm not even playing a loli for this party, but everyone else is. That's one normal human male and 3 lolis.

You know what, I'll even expand upon this. I say that 20k is reasonable for a Dangerous Run because I am thinking about mitigating factors like bonuses, expense accounts, and acquired loot. Now, when I say "Dangerous", I don't mean "go jack this MCT R&D facility". That's a LONG way past "Dangerous Run" territory, in my opinion. That's a "Somebody Isn't Coming Home" run, and should be compensated somewhere in the area of 30-50k per person, plus expenses, bonuses negotiable. Milk runs should be netting the runners a couple grand apiece. Maybe less/none if they happen to get fucked over by the Johnson which they damn well should be at least twice in a campaign.

Two things to remind that player:

1. Being a special snowflake in Shadowrun means it's a lot easier for people to track you down. Passers-by remember distinctive details, and it's easier to narrow down a list of rare metatype suspects too. Idiot players will respond to this with the old "oh so we all have to play bland humans in baggy clothes then" hyperbole. Obviously you don't. But being stylish doesn't mean being outlandish.

2. Most Johnsons will react with incredulity at a pre-pubescent elf strolling into the meet. Some would walk out immediately. At best you can expect them to view this character negatively. This is the last thing you want in a face character.
>b-b-b-b-b-but muh social stats
>b-b-b-b-b-but muh ferromoans

What, your Johnsons don't have high social stats themselves and wear nose filters to meets as standard?

different guy here

>acquired loot

This is where I differ, personally.

The systems involved to actually steal and fence something make it really, really not worth it unless it's a huge thing. And if it's that huge a thing, it better be expensive enough that it's basically a mission reward on its own. (Or, you know, mission objective)

>That's a "Somebody Isn't Coming Home" run
>compensated somewhere in the area of 30-50k per person

Man we have entirely different ideas of character progression curve. Goddamn.

>1. Being a special snowflake in Shadowrun means it's a lot easier for people to track you down. Passers-by remember distinctive details, and it's easier to narrow down a list of rare metatype suspects too. Idiot players will respond to this with the old "oh so we all have to play bland humans in baggy clothes then" hyperbole. Obviously you don't. But being stylish doesn't mean being outlandish.

We have three lolis and one lean bong who refuses to wear anything that isn't 20th century milsurp.

I do count paydata under "acquired loot", for the record. Prototypes don't necessarily have to be big, and your Fixer should be able to fence it for you, or find you someone who can. That's why you have a Fixer in the second goddamn place. First place is for vetting Johnsons, but hey, nobody's perfect.

>Pussy

You guys may have missed last thread, when somebody was talking about how one his runners filled a backpack with 20 pounds of explosive and 10 pounds of nails.

And then made 10 of those.

I don't care how dystopian you like your Sixth World, that's going to attract attention.

I don't believe you. It's too retarded to be real.

If they want to pink mohawk, let them pink mohawk.
Your wannabe loli dryad sounds like she should be a spellslinger with a CHA tradition if she wants to not suck at combat. Seeing as how dryads are inherently magical creatures, far as I remember, it would make sense, too.

I didn't miss shit. Hell, I was encouraging the concept. Attracting attention is pretty much the whole point when it comes to IEDs, anyway. Who's saying that the powers automatically figure out to pay attention to YOU?

>not packing a van with 200 pounds of ANFO.
Do you even assassinate, chummer? What better way to kill a target then killing the entire building?

We're playing a game of make-believe, why wouldn't it be real?

She will be awakened, but my bong is the caster in the party, so the dryad is going to be a social adept.

Some people are really uptight about their make-believe here on 4choms, omae.

>social adept
Give her an SMG and tell her to make the bad guys duck.

That's a good idea, I didn't even consider automatics since I was so focused on monofilament whips.

That's not an assassin's weapon, that's a terrorist's weapon. The whole point of 10 nailbombs that size is to spread shrapnel in a huge crowd, or maybe multiple crowds. Someone is going to get pissed, if only because you're scaring the customers and devaluing the brand.

Nothing says it happens automatically. But it's pretty damn likely that someone noticed who bought 200 pounds of explosive right before a mass bombing, or who was planting bags in the crowd.

Veeky Forums is educational!

Terrorism, assassinations, same thing. who cares about collateral damage?

>But it's pretty damn likely that someone noticed who bought 200 pounds of explosive right before a mass bombing
Sure. That's why you get a supplier with a reputation for not ratting out his clientele, or make your own bang.

>or who was planting bags in the crowd.
Disguises and sensor hacking. Large-scale urban bombings in Shadowrun are a team effort.

good plans for getting away with crime do not usually involve giving more people a reason to want you dead or in jail forever

>We're playing a game of make-believe, why wouldn't it be real?

Because it's retarded.

No, I don't mean impossible. I mean stupid and lame. It's not even good as pink mohawk. It's just stupid. Too stupid to be believable.

I guess it's more believable if you are playing online with ledditors or some shit. I could picture a DM scraping together one sucker and three lolicon That Guys for a shitty game. Glad it's not me running that game, that's all I can say.

I read it.
Yes, it will get a fuckton of attention.
Yes, the runners better make sure not to appear on any cam or leave any traceable evidence.

No, this won't get Ares and its buddies to hunt them to kingdom come.
Shadowrun is Shadowrun, as long as they don't frag some high-profile Corp-Exe or family of his, they have not much to fear, provided they didn't act super stupid.
Implying anything else screws the whole background of shadowrun over.
You can have this, yes, but then you aren't playing shadowrun in the prewritten canon anymore, but Spygames or w/e.

See . Sure, the public-at-large is going to be screaming for the head of the Seattle 'Sploder.

Figuring out who exactly the Seattle 'Sploder is isn't going to be an overnight job.

>I guess it's more believable if you are playing online with ledditors or some shit. I could picture a DM scraping together one sucker and three lolicon That Guys for a shitty game. Glad it's not me running that game, that's all I can say.

Oh no, you misunderstand. I'm a lolicon too, I'm just not playing a loli in this instance.

>comes to Veeky Forums
>is surprised/disgusted by lolicons

How dare you accuse anyone of being from Reddit? How goddamn dare you.

Your idea of character progression basically boils down to "everybody except mages/adepts is fucked".
Or is a normal karma payout for a non-milkrun in the lower single digit numbers to?

You misunderstood him, or you misreplied and meant to reply to me. His idea of charprog is that they should be getting paid MORE.

You can be a lolicon and still not insert it into every fucking instance of freetime.

Most of the pedos (and normies, for the record) i know have the decency to not insert their sexual preferences into leisure activities.

I don't care what you fap/shlick to, but don't shove it into everybodys face.
Thats tumblerina/tranny tier.

Okay, to whomever i am and was replying:

To little moniez, no character progresion for non-awakened characters.

The "everybody lives in the gutter and has to work themselves out with scrap pay" scenario is only funny if absolutely nobody is playing an awakend charakter.

>Most of the pedos (and normies, for the record) i know have the decency to not insert their sexual preferences into leisure activities.

I mostly don't give a fuck, and neither does anyone else I know. And besides, every single player is a lolicon. Even the GM righteously loves little girls.

Isn't being upset for something that doesn't concern you in any way the tumblr tier here?

>don't shove it into everybodys face
They aren't. They're playing a game among friends. The only one shoving anything into anyone's face here is you, with your ranting about how guy shouldn't like thing.

It concerns me insofar as there is a turboanoying lolifag here, that inserts his shit into every other post he mades, be it fitting or (most often) not.
So, that ball lies in your field, faggot.

Do you play 5e?

Wait, Anthony, is that you? How are you not in federal prison?

So you just like to get upset over nothing. Hi, tumblr.

read

Degenerate plz, just go.

So, while we're on the subject of nailbombs, kinda looks like IEDs are pretty shit.

Per Arsenal,
4 sticks of dynamite with nails in them costs you ~50 nuyen to make, if you make the explosive from scratch and can get the nails/scrap metal for free, and it does 3P.A cmmercially available frag grenade does four times as much damage and is cheaper.

I did read it and, as far as I can tell, the only one here who thinks he's "turboanoying" (faggot word btw) is you.

>Degenerate

Ah. I should have guessed.

Car bombs are better.

No.

how do i grids

Thats 4E, isn't it?

Arsenal is a 4e book so yes.

>it does 3P
Plus any net hits. Stack dat Demo skill and use liberal amounts of Edge.

Besides, I think IED rules were designed with bigger targets in mind. Yeah, dynamite isn't as good as your average commercial frag grenade, but those grenades are being packed with better explosive compounds than TNT, plus have the benefit of mass manufacturing, which would lower the cost of manufacture.

Thinking about it seriously, yeesh, 35 funbux for a frag grenade?

>Shadowrun is Shadowrun, as long as they don't frag some high-profile Corp-Exe or family of his, they have not much to fear, provided they didn't act super stupid.
>Implying anything else screws the whole background of shadowrun over.

No it doesn't. Shadowrun isn't total grimdark dystopia, where people shrug off mass slaughter in public. The Technomancer slaughter in Las Vegas, the tempo violence and crackdown, Bogota and the Yucatan, even the Shotozumi massacre made waves in certain circles. The Sixth World obviously weights stuff like the lives of executives more highly, but information is shared freely enough, and general moral fibre is maintained enough, that saying that killing hundreds of innocent people with huge bombs in the middle of a city won't draw enormous heat and a very public manhunt is retarded beyond belief. Even in the most grimderp Warhammer books, someone slaughtering a hive is going to be hunted by Arbites.

"Blowing up something in a populated area" and "killing innocents" are both straight examples from the book for raising your Public Awareness and Notoriety.

One, Public Awareness should only go up if they find out it was BigDick the Rigger who planted the bomb in question. I think you missed the part of 's post that said:

>provided they didn't act super stupid
Super stupid, as in, walking into a bar and going "Hey, barbitch? Who has two thumbs and just bombed Seattle?"

>All this lolidrama

Jeez, guys, I thought we had finally established a cease-fire.

It's just one guy.

I find drama fun, anyway, so it's whatever for me, man.

Its a bit more BOOOOM in fifth.

Damage Value is
(square root of used kilo) X (Hits on a Demolition+Logic Test + effective rating).

So, lets assume 4 Kilo of Ammonium Nitrate (Availability 5, legal, 80 Nuyen per Kilo), a competent Demoliton Expert with 12 Dice who buys hits, we have:

DV= sqr4 x (3+4) = DV 14 for some easiyl aquirable shit.

Commercial plastic and foam explosives have a rating range from 6 to 25 and cost ratingx100 Nuyen.

So, even low quality explosives can get to pretty high DVs, especially when you combine high Logic/Demolition with Edge.

I actually think i want to play an explosives guy now.

No, not really. I got tired of giving (you)s to a wannabe deviant and his obviously made up stories about how he plays lolis all the time, how every post he makes is 'and give them Neoteny", etc. So I ignored it, so did other people, and he seemed to die without attention, restricting the shitposting to only a couple times a thread as opposed to constantly.

Obviously someone else's patience ran out before mine.

It's really the fact that commercial frag and HE grenades are really good. It's pretty hard to brew up something as good as what you can buy in the store.

I didn't miss that.

Blowing up nailbombs in a crowd and expecting to get away with it just because you don't wear an AR sign that says 'Tacoma Terrorist' is the textbook definition of being super stupid.

If I shitpost about drakes, will that counter the loli shitposting or just make things worse?

Is about how you want to fuck drakes, and everyone should be a drake? Probably make things work.

If you want to post about how they're terrible and how you'd fix them, that's fine.

+ It's not about lolis
+ It is fairly current so lots of posters

- shitposting
- loli drakes
- It is fairly current so lots of posters

Er, 'worse', not 'work'.

Well I mean, I do want to fuck drakes. Also dragons. But I don't think everyone should be a drake, because that means less attention from senpai, who will someday notice me.

4 kilos is 8 pounds, pretty hefty for a grenade.

Also a 5e frag is 18P and 100 nuyen, still.

Grenade has Fragmentation Parts that are the source for a lot of its damage, not the explosives themselves.
Sadly, there are no rules to cook something like this up yourself.

does the piloting using ar/vr handling limit increase stack with the control rig handling limit increase

Okay. Let's play a game. Say Meaty the Main Monster plants a big-ass bomb under the Tacoma Dome and sets it off on game-day. Millions dead. First thing cops will do is check the sensors. If Meaty did his job right, he won't be on them. But let's say he is. Meaty might have been smart beforehand and asked Smarty the Smart Shaman to cast Physical Mask on him. So, yes, the sensors picked up Meaty, he's on camera, but who's on camera ain't Meaty, know what I'm sayin'?

Still, these pigs have taxpayers to answer to, so after running into the dead-end of the guy who has never appeared anywhere else before bombing a building, they start checking prints and using their magecops to check the astral for spell signatures. Maybe Meaty has cyberhands and Smarty scrubbed the astral after casting, because he's a smarty. What do the cops do, now? They send the bomb remains to their crimelab. They want to check the fragments for signatures just like the FBI does with IEDs recovered by the US military. But what if Meaty hasn't made or used a bomb like this before? Now they have literally nothing to work with besides the materials, so they figure out who manufactured the materials and start working the human element down the chain. Manufacterer sold kerplosives to Mr. X, who sold them to Mrs. Q, who let them fall out of the back of a shipping freighter so Monsieur F could pick them out of the water and sell them to the guy who sold them to Meaty.

Maybe, eventually, the cops will figure out who the Dome Demolisher really was. And when they do, they're going to come down on his ass harder than a twink in a gay bar on Bear Night.

But they're not going to find out about him tomorrow. And in a week, Meaty should have disappeared. I'd pick Asamando, myself. ghouls are nice enough if they aren't hungry.

>loli drakes

Oh boy. You sure opened up a can a wyrms there.

Nobody claimed that this is the only precaution.
Besides, if the Feds want a culprit, they can get a culprit.

Making THE MAN pay for the used bangboombang by shilling out shekels as the reward for one fragged Terrorist would be the icing on the cake.

Something seems off about that art. I can't tell what, something different between the armour and the flesh.

It's a neat design, but it makes my eyes twig a bit.

Spine is bent in a stupid way.

>loli drakes

I seriously wanted to do this as a Gnome/Oriental Drake so I could be a Tiny Kung-Fu master, but Drakes are such a gigantic karma drain for so little benefit I couldn't make it functional.

>Terrorism, assassinations, same thing. who cares about collateral damage?
An assassin that wants to have more than one job in his lifetime.

So, how do YOU deal with spirit security in 4e?

My idea is to use an Enthralling Performance and make it not notice us.

I think that would be a pretty fun concept. And doesn't it work kinda ok in karmagen? Being able to fly (at a rate much better than a Levitation spell) seems like a useful power.

You could just play an Asian. 5'6" men, 5'1" women. A standard deviation makes them plenty short.

You ain't nearly flashy enough, chummer!

I liked the Haven Lily for 2d's storytime.

Relies heavily on GM interpretation of what background counts mean to spirits, but fuck if it wasn't hilariously inventive.

>for
*from, natch

1. Timing
2. Special aura-cloaking clothing
3. Subduing the Spirit's linked Magician, so when we take out the Spirit, there's nobody to raise the alarm

>Some people actually think that performing what amounts to a massacre or a terror attack shouldn't have consequences in Shadowrun

Literally nobody has said this.

Have seen people argue that a successful dice roll means they get away clean with detonating a nuke downtown.

please respond
also would the +2 that reakt gives to defense tests apply to a jumped in rigger aswell

What do you think happens when the cops realise the person who bought the explosives from Monsieur F used a fake ID and a fake face for the transaction? Or if they can't prove the connection between Mrs. Q and Monsieur F?

Trying to find a certain someone whose face is unkown and whose name you don't know in a city with millions of inhabitants is pretty hard, you know.

I know. That's my entire point.

Oh. I thought you were saying that it's possible to track down someone who's actually smart.

Never mind then.