Katawa Yandere - Hanako Quest (Part 16)

“Something wrong, Suzu?” Miki chimes in as your impromptu alliance heads to class together.
“Hm?” She blinks a few times.
“You’re limping worse than usual.”
“…” The small girl looks ready you bang her head into a wall. “Miki, how can you be so observant about some things and so dense about others?”
You have… mixed feeling about how they can be so calm, given circumstances.

Yan [/_________] Dere
[] Can we please focus? What’d you find out about the Student Council?
[] Did you get in a fight or something during intel-gathering, Suzu?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=katawa yandere
steamcommunity.com/groups/yanderestraw#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>[x] Did you get in a fight or something during intel-gathering, Suzu?

>[X] Can we please focus? What’d you find out about the Student Council?

oh shit dudes

anyway

we gotta make sure our girls are a-ok and stand up for them

>[X] Did you get in a fight or something during intel-gathering, Suzu?

pretty sure she just fell asleep in the literal sense, but it doesn't hurt to care.

If she did, it would be good to know about.

Being concerned about the wellbeing of our allies is all fine and dandy, but we're past the point of no return. they are expendable. Our interests are not.

Archives, peruse to read up on the story thus far:
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=katawa yandere
Steam Group, join to receive new updates and information:
steamcommunity.com/groups/yanderestraw#

To your marks - it's showtime.

> [x] Did you Fight?

We still need to be careful.
I'm kinda starting to worry that the whole thing is a trap.

We need at least some stability back, or else we may end up yelling incomprensible curses and incantations every second vote.

>[X] Did you get in a fight or something during intel-gathering, Suzu

If you haven't been paying attention Akira has been taking away our choices and our influence so we're being forced to be Yan, and besides that it's obviously the only way to win due to bad quest design

Stability was a thing like... years ago.
Now we're running on Yan and Dere.

We need to know our allies' statuses.

Shit, meant Dere. Seems I'm still yearning for the times long gone...

Shitmonkey, I thought you said you regretted wasting time here and that you were gonna leave forever to become a monk in Lumbini or something. Can you please make up your mind?

Wew lad
e
w

l
a
d

Sounds like you need to do a better job of thinking, because I didn't say that

“Did you get in a fight or something?” You ask, wondering if you need to count Suzu out of your team’s combat potential. She sighs.
“Had an attack coming down the stairs earlier. Kinda messed up my knee.” She shrugs. “I probably can’t fight but… well, I wouldn’t be much help to you there anyways.”
… That’s… true, you suppose…
“Here.”
You reach the building – still damaged from the Riot of Rei and Asuka.
“So, what’d you find out ab-” DING. The bell rings. Only way to learn Suzu’s intel now is to skip... Or your could just go to class and monitor the StuCo the old fashioned way.

Yan [//________] Dere
[] Just ditch.
[] Go to class.

class is for nerds
>[X] Just ditch.

ha, called it~

>[X] Just ditch.

>ditch

>[X] Just ditch.
It's not like Shizune or Misha would give anything away in class.

>[X] Just ditch.

.[x] Just ditch.

Ditching will allow us to learn and plan.

>[X]Go to class
We must keep up appearances, shant we? Besides, the intel can be discussed later.

Hi Akira!
Is there any chance we'll have a retcon to resurrect Lilly, regaining our alliance with in-game Akira?
Or can you issue a poll asking us if we prefer going back to the choice that killed Lilly?

Sorry I ask again this after all last session turmoil, but we spent almost the whole quest to pursue an alliance with Lilly and Akira, choosing Lilly in every pivotal choice we had (like the "I wanna be more like Lilly", "I'm not alone anymore", choosing Lilly every time we could do it in the first half of the route, before getting the Hisao taken by Shizune), and we lost all in a single post.
Due to a choice that we don't even know which was (I figure which was but still not sure), in a way you didn't really clear (you said Lilly lost a fight, but looking at her body description and to at the tip about the poison action it was a full dere action, so no fight involved).
And that wasn't only a criticism by the butthurt, but also a lot of perplexity by other anons and Fluff, as in the only choice involving Lilly we didn't had a clear choice "stay with Lilly", as both will result in us and Lilly in two different places. And all other choices were about other people, no one involving Lilly.

I dunno, continuing on the path we have now after the way we played 'til a month ago, it seems being an inexplicable plot development.
We all know you played F/SN.
It's like playing the Unlimited Blade Works route, arrive at the first fight against Caster and Kuzuki, not fighting with Saber and Tohsaka but having Tohsaka beheaded by Kuzuki and no chance to regain Saber... but instead of getting the bad end 19 (if I remember correctly), continue to wander around hoping in a huge deus ex machina to win the game.

Please give us the chance to come back to the previous situation

>[x] Just ditch.

>[x] Just ditch.

We just lost a friend, it's expected, but I know Shizune will capitalize on our absence with Hisao.

Don't respond, he's proven repeatedly that he can't hold a conversation outside of writing up quest posts, and usually won't make sense when he tries to.

that is a terrible idea.

retcons are for the weak, we shall forge ahead.

>[x] Just ditch.

No doubt StuCo will try to take advantage of it, but they aren't long for this world anyway.

No, go away. Learn to live with your failings. It's enough that every KY so far has been a ridiculous feel good scenario where everyone always won.

see
OP is a little damaged right now, just stick to voting and we'll have a better time.

You do not understand. There can be only one Lilly. So to become like Lilly, the Lilly that was has to be no more.

[x] ditch

We're known for being absentees, and intel is important.

Besides, there's no way this whole thing is a trap banking on us being absentees like usual, isn't it? Haha....

It's okay, bro.

If we get a Bad End soon, maybe we can go back to before The Incident, but it's not likely we'll be able to retcon two threads.

We may have to accept what happened and struggle on.

[X] Go to class.

While splitting up right now is unwise, we can't exactly strike right away. So it's intel vs Hisao and maybe regaining some stability.

>[X] Just ditch.

Might as well.

Wait, really? We ask Suzu for info on the attack and she doesn't even bother to tell us who it was? Seems odd. Anyway:

>[X] Just ditch.
Might as well keep moving forward with the plan. We need to get the dirt on them so we can get this ball rolling.

She meant attack as in she had a narcolepsy attack.

The problem, I think, is that we threw away all the Dere we had been building up when we stupidly decided to murder Emi and Rin instead of using the one skill we had been working on the whole game. I'm still upset that people voted that way, but I know it's better to keep moving forward than to argue the point. Would be nice if Akira allows us a Hanako Route Gaiden where we can re-do at least some of it from that point, but we can save that for when this current quest is over.

Trying to play based on traps isn't any good, OP never gives any clues and even the ones that people find end up not meaning anything, so every potential trap ends up like that "inconcievable" scene in the princess bride, so it's no better than a coin flip.

Oh, duh. That makes sense.

to be fair, even when we first voted to give the stumpletons a chance to leave, Akiratrip posted to let us know that having Akira with us would give us a huge edge over them since Akira has the highest stats in the game. we chose to attack, yes, but Akiratrip did provide incentive for that choice.

Friendly reminder we were voting to avoid the fight, then the QM decided to relaunch the vote.

WE DON’T NEED NO EDUCATION~
DUNUNUNUNU NUNU DUNUNUNUNU NUNU~
WE DON’T NEED NO THOUGHT CONTROL~
You motion to Suzu and Miki. They don’t need to be told twice, they drift towards the sides of the hall while you simply activate your wallflower stealth and fade into the nothingness where a creature like you belongs.
No.
“‘They’ are the nothingness, Hanako…” The doll perched on your shoulder whispers into your ear. You giggle as Mutou staggers past you, Shizune and Misha in tow.
die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die
Miki’s footsteps snap you back into reality.
“So, what’s you find out?”
“Well, Shizune’s got herself covered on most technical points, so I spent a while looking for ways in which I could get them for negligence.”
“You… found something?” You murmur in a low but excited whisper.
“Yeah.” She points up. “The roof.”
“The roof?”
“Student Council in in charge of maintenance, but the safety rails on the roof are obviously dilapidated.” She pulls out a complaint form. “I just submit this to Mutou. He goes up and confirms, boom, StuCo is disbanded.”
“Or…” Miki rocks her head. “If he brings Shizune and Misha with him, we could just jump em then and there… if you don’t mind catching Mutou in the crossfire, that is.”
Oddly, Suzu, usually the moral center, makes no rebuttal to this plan.
As for you…

Yan [__________] Dere
[] How would that work, Miki?
[] And what then, Suzu?

>[X] And what then, Suzu?

we should know better than to try to engage Shizune in combat like that.

>Yan [__________] Dere
Well, there goes our stability

Jumping them seems like a terrible idea...

>[x] How would that work, Miki?

We don't need Mutou, we only need our enemies to become corpses.

>[X] How would that work, Miki?
I've got no issue with killing Mutou.

Mutou doesn't deserve to die

>[x] And what then, Suzu?

Mutou's an unknown variable, I'd be reluctant enough to get into a head-on battle with StuCo without him in the equation.

>[x] what then, suzu?

We should hear what everyone has to say.

Also Mutou's lost a bunch of limbs, but our team also has a narcoleptic.

Dully noted.

Let's hear what she has to say.

I thought Gaiden meant side story.

we'd need much more than a side story to fix this mess

>[X] How would that work, Miki?
Mutou is not a threat. He's not standing between us and Hisao. After StuCo is disbanded, Shizune will be out of her element and an easy target for Akira. At that point, we simply need to sit back and wait for the problem to resolve itself.

[X] And what then, Suzu?

Gotta work with the schemer here. The extent of Miki's planning can be best described as "Bash em until they stop moving". Which is good too, but not exactly what we're looking for here.

We already have a size story - Suzu's struggle to get the stump overshadows even stories of antic poets.

D'OH

That was supposed to be a vote for Suzu's plan, not Miki's. Apologies, I'm a doofus.

>[X] And then what, Suzu?

You dismiss Miki’s plan. You’ve tried blitzkrieg attacks against Shizune before and it’s always ended horribly. Also you’d rather not have Mutou die if you can avoid it… You’ve lost too much in this duel for Hisao.
“What next, Suzu?”
She shrugs. “Well, she’ll be tasked with locking up Student Council assets while the group is suspended to await an administrative decision. That’ll take time.”
“How much time?”
“Well after school lets out for the day… The building’ll be dead by the time she leaves.”
“And we set an ambush.” Miki finishes the thought.
Suzu nods. “Nowhere to hide, nowhere to run. Just you and them. Whadya think, Hanako?”
You look at Miki, obviously psyched for battle, and to Suzu, as enigmatic as always.

Yan [/_________] Dere
[] Sounds good, let’s do it.
[] Too risky. Let’s find another way.

>[x] Sounds good, let’s do it.

>[X] Sounds good, let’s do it.

nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Shizune might suspect something if she sees Suzu file the disband doc but eh, we'd have superior numbers.

>[x] Sounds good, let’s do it.

Worth a shot. And we're pretty Yan, so setting up an ambush is within our specialty.

>[X] Sounds good, let's do it.

>[x] Sounds good, let's do it.

Although the StuCo may realise what we are planning and be alert and prepared for an ambush.

This sounds very fishy, chances are Shizune left that lead for Suzu to find on purpose so that they could actually trap us. I mean THE student council being unaware of something with the roof railing? In fact, having Mutou involved would have turned the tide in our favor because he's a wild card.

[X] Too risky. Let’s find another way.

>we'd have superior numbers.
No we would not. Suzu is out as far as the combat potential goes. It's Miki & us vs StuCo.

But the part I'm worried about is that Akira shows up at wrong moment with agenda of her own.

We're committed at this point. It's possible that Akira will show up, in which case we can probably just let her kill Shizune.

It's also possible that if we kill Deaf Bitch, Akira will come after us for denying her the chance to avenge her sister, though, which concerns me. I don't think we can afford to let such a fear get in the way of our own plans, though, otherwise we'll wind up doing nothing.

My only question, is how will Akira return? At the moment she is conducting her own investigation, and have no doubts that we will cross paths again.

Nah, the railing thing makes sense if you think about it. Who are the two students that spend the most time on the roof? And what's their relationship with Shizune? If anything, I imagine she'd intentionally leave them in disrepair in the hopes that one or both members of Team Limbless would fall off and die.

Hm. 2 on one... Shizune probably knows martial arts, and proxy pink guards her against sneak-ups.

Eh, fork it. We're full yan, >[x] Slaughter them

Guys, please don't forget about the Pink Drill.

There's no way we have a fight with Shizune without Misha backing her up.

But isn't the roof supposed to be locked at all times anyway?

You nod and pull out your knife – the knife Akira gave to you. With this knife you’re going to avenge her sister’s murder.
“Sounds good. Let’s do it.”
Miki clangs her nail-bat and Suzu her can of hair spray against your weapon to seal the deal.
“Alright. I’ll submit the report right now.” Suzu claps her fist into her open hand, eyes sleepy (obviously) but determined. “You two better pick your ambush site really carefully. Shizune knows this school inside and out.”
She slips away, leaving you and Miki together.
“So Hanners.” She laughs and mashes your head around a bit, just like Akira used to… “What do you wanna do to prepare?”

Yan [__________] Dere
[] Provisions – Hit up the cafeteria early and set up the trap before lunch.
[] Hedge bets – Go back to class with Shizune and Hisao. Set up the trap after lunch.
[] Additional intel – Go back to the girl’s dorms and check for anything you might have missed. Set up trap whenever.

[X] Provisions – Hit up the cafeteria early and set up the trap before lunch.

The early bird guts the worm.

>[x] Additional intel – Go back to the girl’s dorms and check for anything you might have missed. Set up trap whenever.

I'm still on edge about this; if there's anything else we need to know, we should find out now.

>[X] Hedge bets – Go back to class with Shizune and Hisao. Set up the trap after lunch.

I don't want Shizune to notice our absence as anything out of our normal schedule.

> you’re going to avenge her sister’s murder.

No chance to avenge the route how it was before last week?

>[x] Additional intel – Go back to the girl’s dorms and check for anything you might have missed. Set up trap whenever.

We need more intel to aid us, the trap should also be set as late as practical to prevent Shizune from finding out more precise details.

we will need to strike fast so Shizune can't enact any counterplans
waiting til after lunch or after investigations is like giving batman time to prep.

>[X] Provisions – Hit up the cafeteria early and set up the trap before lunch.

>[X] Additional Intel

Can never have too much intel. Maybe fucking Allied command would have revised Market Garden if they listened to the Dutch resistance prior to launching...

>[X] Additional intel – Go back to the girl’s dorms and check for anything you might have missed. Set up trap whenever.

But we're known for being absent. Wouldn't it be more abnormal for us being there?

>[X] Additional intel – Go back to the girl’s dorms and check for anything you might have missed. Set up trap whenever.

If we go to class, and Shizune acts familiar with Hisao.... we might blow the whole thing instantly.

>[x] Retrieve Intel

Shizune's gonna stay a while according to Suz, so there shouldn't be any reason to rush.

We're known for it, but Suzu/Miki will both be missing too, and if Shizune knows we're allied with them she might suspect something's up.

Here's the thing. When we said we wanted to be more like Lily, that started the Hard Mode path, that vote there.

Why? Lily is a dere character. She manipulates and gets other people to help her, because she can't really defend herself. Akira is her best defense as a super-yan character, a combat monster that can compensate for all of Lily's shortcomings.

By playing Dere, we needed to find or make our own combat beast to defend us - and we relied on Akira for that since she was often right there. But as good as she is, she can't be in two places at once, and that's how we lost Lily. What makes it HARD MODE is now we're yan like Akira, and desperately need a dere counterbalance...

...that's it. We have the chance for a betrayal play since we're at full Yan. That locks us into dere and lets us play the social game to the extreme.

This is how we win.

You all guys think really too much.
Act random will guarantee us an higher success percentage.
Why even bother on consequences when we have basically only slight variations to pick between?

This isn't a planefag quest, bro. Yelling and shooting our firearm into the ceiling isn't our best option all the time.

“You pick a spot, Miki, I’ll come back as soon as I can.” You tell her and head off.
You don’t know what you’re looking for. Maybe you just don’t wanna stay still until it’s time to start the killingkillingkillingkillingkillingkillingkillingkillingkillingkilling...
Giggling, you arrive at the now-vacant girl’s dorms…
Now what?

Yan [/_________] Dere
[] Investigate Rin’s room
[] Investigate Shizune’s room.
[] Investigate Emi’s room.
[] Investigate Lilly’s room.
[] Investigate Misha’s room.