Pokemon Quest #151

Mew Edition

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Gobble
Twitter: twitter.com/GobbleQM
Pokemon, items, and summary: pastebin.com/tSNKt0Wm
FAQ and general concepts: pastebin.com/Ht1Q5E1p
All guides, player knowledge, and smutty stories: pastebin.com/u/Gobblepokemon

Themes: youtube.com/watch?v=6Y-ad_74T08
Quest theme: youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=YW9QKy6oDkE&x-yt-cl=85114404

Recently: Robin is the new champ, Hirnbeam has made his move with a machine that makes him a psychic, and you and everyone else fended off a massive attack!

General rules:

There is a 10 minute voting period after each post. Non-contradictory votes will be combined as best as possible.

Write-ins for all votes are always welcome and encouraged. They may not all make it into the post or be altered to fit in, but I'll do my best to at least try to address the spirit of the write-in.

Very important or contentious votes may be redone in a stricter voting system as it comes up.

Combat involves rolls! Once there's a clear vote winner, we roll for the move accuracy/crit/secondary effect. Usually it's just three 1d100s. Sometimes you can get a modifier from circumstances, so be creative! Add flair, do tricks with moves, mess with terrain, whatever! This is not a video game. Weak moves tend to be quicker.

Call me out on a mistake and receive an apology butt or suggestive picture.

Badges: 10

Pokemon on you:
Oberon (Garchomp)
Devon (Houndoom) - MIA
Trunks (Trevenant) - MIA
Vlad (Crobat) - MIA
Leviathan (Gyarados)
Zappy Dan (Magnezone)

Not In Party:
Aria (Meloetta)
Destiny (Kingdra)
Fel (Butterfree)
Raistlin (Alakazam)
Nibbles (Tyrantrum)

Hope Violet dies this thread.

Hey Gobble.

Still waiting on my lewd senpai. Kno wt m syin

She probably wont.

Hope people stop trying to kill Robin's mom.

Gobblegobblegobble

Let's see if we have less infighting this time around.

How's it going, Gobble?

You look around. The royal family is safe and being helped out of the crashed airship, the Team Imperium members have all surrendered, and the swarms of wild Pokemon that were helping them have dispersed. The island is safe for now.

You head back to the arena. Vance and his Pokemon are standing over a small group of defeated Team Imperium members and their Pokemon.

Devon is there. He runs up and tackles you, licking your face. He’s a little beat up, but after a quick pat down and from his body language you can tell not seriously.

“Hey boy! You look like you’ve seen some action.”

Trunks hugs you from behind. You give him a look over too. He’s pretty beat up too, and exhausted, but fine. His usual cackle is replaced with a hoarse laughter.

“I missed you too.” You pat his head along with Devon's. “Where’s Vlad?”

Devon and Trunks step back, letting you see Vlad. He’s hurt, badly. A nurse is leaning over him with a stethoscope.. His tiny chest is struggling to rise and fall.

“He’s okay for now,” the nurse tells you. “Your Pokemon brought him over to me. The healing machines are backed up. We’ll put him in as soon as soon as we can, if we can get your Pokeball.”

A younger nurse looks to her. “But you said he could be-”

The older nurse silences her. “I was just thinking out loud. I was probably wr-... I was wrong. We have a triage system, and other Pokemon need to go first.”

Vlad coughs.

>Hand them your Pokeball, tell them to heal him when it’s his turn
>Try to use convince them to let him cut in line
>Take Vlad and find a new healing station, fast. There’s got to be one around here somewhere.
>Something else

[Sorry, still in the works. I had a date, stuff to do, and was a bit sick the rest of the time]

[Doing well. You?]

Gobble, gobble gob. Gobbleble, gobble. Doing nicely!

>Take Vlad and find a new healing station, fast. There’s got to be one around here somewhere.
To Geno's personal one!

>Try to use convince them to let him cut in line

>TFW finally caught up and can finally participate in threads

We can't allow some other Pokemon to die because of us. They are the experts here, they know the situation better than us.

Now that I'm a NEET again, I'm catching up with my vidya and anime backlogs. Watching Nanoha StrikerS right now, it's great.

Nice to have you, user. How long did it take?

Hope your date went well, Gobble. Putting yourself back out on the market, eh?

>you will never go on a date with Gobble
>you will never experience cute forbidden love between trainers

[Thanks! It went okay. She was more into me than I was into her.]
[I'm still single, user]

See user, you still have a chance!

Hope you have a better date next time, Gobble.

T-thanks for giving me hope. Now we better go back to discussing Pokemon and being at each other's throats before we start looking like an erp thread.

Oh, okay. Here I go.

Tyrantrum a shit.

>Tyrantrum a shit.

That's pretty low quality bait

Lets try something better. Fel will never be as good as we want.

A week and a half

But he'll be as good as we need..

It is pretty mediocre stat-wise it is cool as fuck though. Kabutops and Omastar are still the best fossilmons thanks to Swift Swim. Archeops is a pretty good glass cannon, too.

You had over his Pokeball.

“I promise, we’ll take good care of him.”

You notice a few people watching. There's a few small nods as they watch over their own Pokemon. We're all in this together.

The nurses continue their work, setting up places for hurt Pokemon to be checked out while waiting for the machines to be freed up.

You watch over Vlad while Vance watches over Clair. You catch a glimpse of Robin in the broadcasting room. She’s talking with Fir on the screen and other smart people in the room.

“She’s sleeping,” he tells you. “I still can’t believe what happened.”

“Yeah,” you check Vlad’s wings. You have no idea what you’re looking for. Just trying to be useful. “How are you holding up?”

He shrugs. “I was mad. Really mad. But now I’m just worried. How do we stop someone that can take over your mind?” He runs his hand over Clair’s hair. “How do you deal with something that can do this to the people you love?”

>We’ll have to rely on the eggheads for that
>If he was unstoppable, we would have lost
>Same way you do anything. Together.
>Everyone hates Hornbeam. He can't take on the whole region.
>Something else

Lotta breaks? That's how I usually catch up with things.

He's really not all that tough, just a petulant child with some fancy toys he can't even use properly. We'll get him.

A combination of those.
By the way, are Dark-type Pokemon resistant or immune to mind control? What about people with Dark-type aura?

What do you think Dark Kat is?

>We already know his greatest weakness thanks to Clair. He can't effect what he can not see.

I want to pet the Clair too...

Pissed at us for locking her up.

Not him btw.

[
> are Dark-type Pokemon resistant or immune to mind control
Yes, but there are ways around that, like moves like Mind Reader.

>What about people with Dark-type aura?
Trickier than other people, but not as hard as Dark type Pokemon
]

Guess we have a small advantage then. We're still at least part Dark-type, right? Between that and Mega Devon we might have a chance.

>We just did. And we'll be alright. However many times it takes.

Patience.

Speaking of mind reader, don't think we forgot that the psychic helmets come with that functionality built in. We had to use it ourselves.

So the plan is we let Hornbeam in and kill him with our psychoses right?
Hornbeam may be mad but we are straight up damaged.

At this point I'll bet on the half-Pokemon crazy scientist being far more insane than us, no matter how fucked up we are.

If all else fails, we could always ask a favor from an old acquaintance...

He basically said we would at some point anyway.

“The same way we doing anything. Together.”

The nurse comes over and takes Vlad. She quotes you an hour. Probably. She’s not sure. You give Vlad a quick kiss on the cheek before you let her take him away.

You go to Vance and pat Clair’s head too. “We already know his greatest weakness thanks to Clair. He can't affect what he can’t see. The entire region hates him, and we’ve just proven he can be beaten. We’ll win, thanks to Clair and people like her.”

He smiles. You smile back. You both know you’re not talking about psychics.

“Kat. Robin. Not there~!” Clair mumbles, almost wakes up, and rolls over back to sleep.

You smile nervously up at Vance. He waves it off. “She’s happy. That’s all I care about.” He looks down. “You’ll make sure she’s okay, right? If something happens to me?”

>You and Robin will, for sure
>Clair can take care of herself better than anyone
>Woah. Nothing’s going to happen to you.
>Ask him to promise to take care of Robin and your Pokemon if something happens to you
>Something else

Suck Hornbeam into the timestream and dump him at the creation of the planet.

He can have fun swimming in lava and being bombarded by asteroids.

Death flags hoooo!

>Something else
No lone wolf shit.

But if it makes him feel better,

>Don't get melodramatic on me now. I need you ready to kick ass.

>>Woah. Nothing’s going to happen to you

Dialga will only let us deal with one terrible incident. Please don't say this shit, it invites tragedy.

>Clair can take care of herself better than anyone
All the options

>I'm still single, user

Gobble is a lesbian. She got doxxed before.

Hang on.

Where's Mewtwo's pokeball?

Where do you think?

Damn, really? I always imagined him to be a tall, pale, anorexic neckbeard. Now you're telling me Gobble doesn't have a fetish for lesbians, instead she's an actual lesbian?

This changes everything. For one, I can't help but read all Gobble's posts in what I imagine Violet's voice would sound like.

Obviously Hornbeam has it now and is working on enslaving Mewtwo. Duh.

Every since I heard that Gobble lives in Canada I've imagined him as a large and harry Lumberjack. I kinda don't want to be set straight.

>Recently: Robin is the new champ, Hirnbeam has made his move
>Hirnbeam

Like this?

“Woah! Nothing’s going to happen to you,” you punch his arm. “Don’t talk all melodramatic like that.”

“Okay. Okay, but I’m just saying. If it does-”

“Robin and I will take care of her, for sure. But it’s not going to be necessary. Nothing is going to happen to you.” You repeat. “Because you won’t do anything reckless, right?”

Clair stirs awake.

He smiles. “Yeah. Okay. Thanks. Sorry. I feel pretty foolish now.”

You guys hang out over Clair for a bit longer. You turn to Devon. “Any chance you guys got that Pokeball?”

Devon whines and looks down. That’s a negative. “Well, I’m proud of you anyway. I know you tried your best.”

He barks.

Jeanine comes over with Vlad’s Pokeball. She’s wearing a nurse outfit. “Hey. They told me that Vlad’s alright, but he needs some extra rest.” She adjusts her hat. “They asked me to come get you. The elite four and gym leaders and a bunch of other people are having a meeting.”

You, Clair, and Vance go with her. The Elite Four’s gym has been converted to a makeshift war room. There’s a map of the region and other info on the computer screen on the wall. You make it there just in time for it to start. Robin is up with the Elite Four on the upper platform. She shyly waves to you.

(continued)

Awww, Robin is all grown up now.

Who are you and how did you get into my brain!

That's a butt

“Here’s what he know.” Geno slaps the map with a pointer. “There’s are strange clouds and storms forming all around Mount Harmony. Combined with other reports, we have every reason to believe he’s there. Second, if he can see you, he can mentally dominate you. Clair was able to trick him into reversing what he did once, but we won’t get another chance like that.”

“Does that mean that the next time he see us, he can just permanently take us over?” A fearful murmur runs over the crowd.

"It can be undone, but we we have to get to it early." Clair says.

Emma steps forward. “We’ve been looking into preventing it. There are two ways to prevent a psychic from getting in your head. Perspicuital, a drug, and a special metal.”

“How much of these do we have?”

“Not much,” Emma admits. “Not nearly enough for everybody.”

“But my gym is lined with the alloy” Alex says.

Clair sticks up her hand. “And Perspicuital is made in Chloroville.”

Robert slams his hands down. “We should gather everyone that’s willing to fight, liberate the cities on the mainland one by one, and lead an army to his doorstep. We’ll burn Hornbeams army to the ground!”

“No. Too many people will take too long. A select team gym leaders, elite four, the champion, and a few others can slip in and take our Hornbeam. A war would bring untold casualties.” Geno says.

“A war is necessary! People want to fight! A small team doesn’t stand a chance!"

Opinions seem pretty split on what to do. Gym leaders debate and argue.

Vernon loudly taps the floor with his cane. “Aren’t y’all all forgettin’ somethin’? This is the Champion’s call.”

He’s right. Everyone stops arguing and turns to Robin. She looks to you to see what you think.

>We should raise an army
>We should keep it to a small, quick force
>Challenge Robin to the championship before any choices are made
>Withhold comments
>Something else

First >Withhold comments
But if she insist

I kinda want to comment, but to be fair, Robin's the brain in this relationship.

>Withhold comments
She's a genius strategist, we aren't

>Withhold comments
Robin is way more of a tactician than us.

oooh thats some top quality butt Gobble

An army won't matter if he's able to fully bring Mewtwo to heel, we need to move in before that can happen.

This is the only real option here.

But we're throwing the Rule of Six out the window.

Too much on the line to be arsed with it.

>Withhold comments
Sadly I gotta go, don't burn down everything anons! Not with arguing either!

>>Something else
Why not both? Raise army to attract his attention and while he's distracted dealing with that, get to him with a small team.

>We should raise an army
Fuck yeah, that sounds awesome.

>Withhold comments

Lord of the Rings style? I can get behind that.

Because that will leave a lot of people to die needlessly.

If we have to suggest a plan, we could do that one. But the collateral damage would be insane, wouldn't it?

>Withhold comments
This whole situation seems messed up. Like she should be a lot smarter and a better strategic thinker than we are, but then what are we even doing here?

Better to die for the Emperor, than live for yourself.

Incidentally, what ever happened to that cross where the 'Nids invade poke=land?

We're still talented, more fearless and confident, and have a deeper understanding of our Pokemon than her!

The idea is we get to Hornbeam before the actual battle happens...

>We’ll burn Hornbeams army to the ground!
>Hornbeams
You forgot an apostrophe, one butt please

[Is this a repeat, or new? I have a hard time keeping track]

It's new from you

I already had it though

>Something else
>Call in a favor
[azure flute intensifies]

>guys chill, in just a minute hornbeam's will have tripped and cracked his head open half an hour ago
What an anticlimax. I like it.

Can we please do this?

You don’t say anything. You give her a look that says this is her call. She fidgets.

“Well? One of the gym leaders says. You’re guessing he’s the electric leader. The group becomes restless.

Robin swallows. “Y-you’re all right.”

There’s confused murmuring.

“A small group is what we need to get into Harmony Mountain. The caves are narrow and an army would be useless there. But a small group wouldn’t make it there by itself. If he’s just looking for one or two dozen of us, he’ll be able to find us. Unless there’s a distraction. An army.”

The small group rabbles again. The small force faction yells. “You can’t just use people like a distraction! Civilians aren’t trainers like the people that battle for badges. They’re just normal people and Pokemon that only battle occasionally. There will be loses.”

Robin doesn’t back down. “You’re right. Raising an army of regular people would end up disorganized. We’d lose people and Pokemon in large n-numbers.” She points to the island along the coast. “The mainland region doesn’t have a standing army. But the royal family has one on their island.”

Eyes turn to Arledge. He smiles. “Indeed we do. We were caught off-guard by Hornbeam’s attack before, and we’ve been training up a military since. How’d you know that?”

“I guessed.” Robin admits. She turns to the rest of the group. “If they retake the coast, Hornbeam will have no choice but to send the bulk of his forces and attention there. It’ll take him time and effort to do that. By then, we should be able to get inside the mountain.”

(continued)