Infinite Stars Quest 23

Twitter: twitter.com/MercCommand

Archive: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Infinite Stars Quest

Other Quests: pastebin.com/sYpqmWZg

You are Captain SAMANTHA WELLINGS, a newly minted captain of the Centauri Accord!

Currently, you've arranged a sort of cease fire with Carly, seeing as how she really wanted to see if Artya was okay. So, in the interest of that, you had her brought aboard the Gullinbursti and to the infirmary, where Artya was being kept.

"You're SURE that they didn't hurt you?" Carly asks her masked subordinate for what seems to be the hundredth time.

Artya silently nods again.

I'M TOTALLY FINE. HONEST. Artya writes. She was still dressed in a hospital gown, but she still had her mask firmly planted on her head.

"Just makin' sure." Carly growls as she shoots a suspicious eye at you.

"She's perfectly fine." Natalia assures you sister. "In fact, better than fine. We've treated her immunodeficiency disorder so she'd be able to live a normal life!"

"Pfffft, 'normal' life." Carly rolls her eyes, as if the mere thought was absolutely silly. "But I guess I owe you for that, at least. Except you've just COMPLETELY WRECKED MY SHIP!"

Carly did look rather understandably angry.

>I'll help fix it up best I can.
>Did you forget the part that you're a pirate?
>You wanna have a go at it?
>Other

>>I'll help fix it up best I can.

>>Did you forget the part that you're a pirate?

>>I'll help fix it up best I can.
"IF we can... reach some agreement about these whole affairs."

I wasn't really able to catch KCQ:PS last night due to having to get up early, but I feel both its rather long run times and a mix of being dice roll heavy and story light might be causing such slow downs.

>>You wanna have a go at it?

Just stare at her with a "Really?" kinda face.

So now that we found our sister....

Are we gonna hug?

lewd

You give Carly your best "Are you fucking kidding me?" look, raising a curious eyebrow at your sister.

"Did you honestly forget the part that you're a PIRATE?!" You roll your eyes. "Getting your ship shot up at some point was going to be a given."

"Yeah, well, it's still your fault!" Carly sticks her tongue out at you. Still immature, you see.

"Yeah, well, it's my JOB to destroy pirate ships. Even if it's one belonging to my little sister!" You retort.

"Fine, fine, ya got a point." Carly waves it off. "So, I'm guessing that you're gonna want to have 'the talk', huh? I'd prefer something like that to be private, ya know. But I guess I won't mind if ya want to bring an audience~!"

Oh dear god you hope that she didn't pick up habits from Felicity...

>This is just between us two.
>We each bring a bodyguard.
>Other

>>This is just between us two.

She better be prepared for maximum hugs

We're still in some kind of armour juuuuust in case, right? In case Carly kicks off something fierce?

No bodyguards, no weapons, no rules. Final showdown, Locked room. Let the Cage Match begin!

And a video camera with a live feed

"This is just between us two." You grunt. "It's only right that way."

"Well the, after you!" Carly steps to the side and motions for you take the lead. "This is your ship, after all!"

"Right, right..." You groan.

But wait, where would you do this? You hadn't actually thought this far ahead! Maybe the briefing room? But that felt a bit impersonal. Your quarters? That felt TOO personal! Agh! Why was this suddenly so hard to decide?!

>Briefing room.
>Quarters
>Mess Hall
>Other

>Quarters

>>Quarters

>>Mess Hall
Let's just get a fucking drink.

Reminder that Sam (and possibly Carly) may or may not be SUPER SOLDIERS.

>>Quarters

>Quarters

>>Quarters

>>Quarters

>Quarters

>Quarters

We already know that Sam is (not!Psionic/Biotic) so the only thing we need to do is find out what treatment Carly underwent.

>find out what treatment Carly underwent.
Snark, obviously.

"Fine, follow me." You sigh. You decide that it was best to do this in your quarters, where you KNOW there weren't any recording or surveillance devices... at least to your knowledge. Also, Carly might appreciate the personal touch. You lead her to the spine of the ship where your quarters are located and open the door.

"Whoooaaaaaa." Carly's eyes pop as she looks around your quarters, which is practically a stateroom. "Definitely living the high life, huh?"

"Well, if you think this is good, wait till you see what they have on the larger ships!" You chuckle.

"You got a DESK? And a BED?! AND A PRIVATE BATHROOM!?!?" Carly squeals. "YOU LUCKY BIIIIIIITCH!"

"Carly, please." You groan.

"All right, all right, fine." Carly spins around to face you, her arms crossed. "What is ya want to say?"

>PUNCH
>HUG
>TALK
>Other

>>HUG

Try to hold back tears, and yelling.

>PUNCH
>HUG
>TALK
In THAT order

>>TALK
>>HUG

>>HUG
>>TALK

>PUNCH
>HUG
>TALK
in this order.

>>TALK

>HUG
>TRY NOT TO CRY
>CRY

>HUG
Then headbutt

>HUG

Second.

You don't say anything. Instead, you lunge forward and wrap your sister up in the tightest and most intimate hug possible.

"S-Sis what are ya doing?!" Carly chokes, caught completely off guard.

>TRY NOT TO CRY
>CRY
>Other

Rolled 8 (1d20)

>Other
HEADBUTT

>TRY NOT TO CRY
>CRY

WHAT THE HELL THIS IS NOT THE PIC I POSTED

>>CRY

Dammit, Moot!

>TRY NOT TO CRY
>CRY

>TRY NOT TO CRY
>CRY
It's not funny dude, Wasn't the first time, Not going to be the second time.
>Dammit, Moot!
I miss him ;_;

>CRY

>>TRY NOT TO CRY

>TRY NOT TO CRY
>CRY
>CRY ALOT!

>CRY

>TRY NOT TO CRY
>CRY
WE THOUGHT YOU WERE DEEEEAAAAD!

Rolled 4 (1d20)

>TRY NOT TO CRY
>Roll for failure

>>TRY NOT TO CRY

You can't even stop the tears, or maybe you just didn't make any effort to. Regardless, tears start bursting from your eyes like a catastrophic coolant leak. You try to form words, but all your mouth can do is blubber and wail.

"H-hey, quit doing that Sis!" Carly croaks. "Y-y-you're gonna make me-"

For all of her masochism and bravado that was necessary of the pirate, not even Carly could keep her feelings properly contained and she bursts into to tears too, returning the hug.

You're... you're not sure exactly how long the two of you had your little cathartic cry off, but the next thing you remember is you sitting on your bed next to Carly, both your eyes crimson red and irritated.

"Well uh... that.. that was something." Carly mumbles, trying to regain her confident front.

"I really missed you, you know." You whisper in a hoarse voice. "Goddamn, Carly, we all thought you were dead for the longest time!"

"Yeah, well...." Carly looks away awkwardly. "I um, am still very much alive, as you can see."

"Obviously." You grunt.

The both of you are quiet again, not quite sure how to carry on the conversation.

>Just... what happened?
>Why a pirate?
>So... it looks like you've got a colorful crew.
>Other

>>Just... what happened?
Might as well start from the beginning.

>Just... what happened?
>Why a pirate?

>>Just... what happened?

>Just... what happened?

>Just... what happened?
>Why a pirate?

>Just... what happened?
>Why didn't you write, Or send a message, Something to tell us you were okay....

>>Just... what happened?
>>Why a pirate?

>Just... what happened?

>Just... what happened?
>Why a pirate?

>Just... what happened?

"Just... what happened?" You ask quietly, staring at you sister. How did she end up going from a freighter crew apprentice to pirate?

"Ah, well...." Carly sighs and tilts her head back, staring at the bare metal ceiling of your quarters. "It's a long story."

"No, really." You respond sarcastically.

"Hey, shut up bitch, I'm trying to tell a story here!" Carly whines. "Ya gonna sit there and hear it or not?"

"Right, right, go on." You sigh.

"Yeah, well, as you can tell, I wasn't particularly happy getting shipped off like that." Carly grumbles. "You get to go to the Academy and I get stuck on some freighter heading to the ass end of the galaxy?"

"Carly..."

"Yeah yeah, I don't blame you for that." Carly waves you off. "You were always the smarter one. Anyways, we're heading on some routine cargo run to the Frontier. Our Captain, in all of his foresight and masterful planning, decides to take a 'shortcut' some random drunk guy told him about in a bar and bypass the tolls and taxes you'd have to pay for the spacelanes..."

"...and it was a setup." You conclude. You've heard about pirates pulling off such scams, tricking ship captains who should know better into taking less secure or unpatrolled routes.

"Yeah, so, we get boarded by this real fucking hot pirate-"

Wait.

WAIT.

"She doesn't happen to have purplish hair and cat ears?" You narrow your eyes.

"Um, yeah." Carly nods and goes white. "W-wait, you MET Fel?!?"

"Yes I did." You nod.

"W-what did you do with her?!" Carly shoots up to her feet, her face crimson red like her eyes.

OH, does this mean there's a chink in her armor?

>We had a nice talk. She says hi.
>We had some fuuuuuuun times together~!
>I kicked her out of our space.
>Other

her ears are very fluffy.

>>We had some fuuuuuuun times together~!

>We had some fuuuuuuun times together~!

>>We had a nice talk. She says hi.

We managed to sort of charm her despite wearing a literal ton of power armor.

"Doing some business with her too, but that was boring stuff"

>Something about ear touching.

>Something about ear touching.

Imply things, just for troll.

"We had a nice talk. She says hi." You shrug.

"She's... she's not mad at me or anything?" Carly asks somewhat sheepishly. Did she really care about Felicity's opinion that much?

"Well, she's plenty pissed, but she also respects your balls for double crossing her like that. So... I'm not sure, really." You shrug.

"O-oh, okay." Carly nods, with a mixture of relief and anxiety.

>It sounds like their relationship is more than professional...
>You feel like this is something you shouldn't pry into.
>Other

>>You feel like this is something you shouldn't pry into.

>>It sounds like their relationship is more than professional...

She's our sister, it's illegal not to pry.

So did she offer cat ears to you too?

>Do I have to kill someone?

"You are obviously drinking buddies, and BFFs!"

This in a more sibling trolly manner. Because what's the point of having siblings if you can't troll them.

>>You feel like this is something you shouldn't pry into.
Well, not Sam personally, but maybe we can vaguely wonder about it around Elizabeth, with wink-nudge-wink.