Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?492660-Drop-Dead-Studios-Vigilantes-of-Skybourne
docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing
d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapons-non-core/weapon-property---guided
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone ever tell you that you're a jerk?

How are all of you tonight /pfg? Have anything you need to get off your chest?

Yeah, I prefer undines over sylphs.

How dare you. Everyone knows oreads a best

I'm GMing starting next week and I'm goddamn terrified of it.

Threadly reminder that feats need to be reworked because a lot of them are fucking useless and will actually make your build worse

You got this, user!

Top taste. I hear they make for great Zealots and PsyArms

Immune to Weapon Damage: Swarms made of Diminutive and Fine creatures take no damage whatsoever from weapons.

Why is this a rule.

>tmw the level 8 sleeping goddess counter

Get a sword and kick over an anthill.

See how well you fend them off.

yeah dude tie a mouse around your wrist and try to catch it.

I'm sure i could smash a swarm of cockroaches pretty well with a fucking sledgehammer.

Why is she so perfect?

Swarms are 10 feet wide. I would love to see anyone try to take a sledgehammer to a 5 ft radius cluster of bugs

But a spell aka fire makes them all go away
Martials aren't allowed to have good things

I mean maybe a sledgehammer is innacurate

When we think of 'earthbreakers' we think of basically WH40k style gigantic fucking hammers.

I think that could do pretty well against swarms. Not kill them in one turn maybe but ya know

Smash hard enough

xd

because pathfinder is a simulationist game

Guy fighting a swarm of bugs with a giant hammer? Unrealistic not allowed

Please ignore the guy LITERALLY THROWING BALLS OF FIRE IN THE BACKGROUND.

Character concept;
His name is Au Nui Ahi, which translates to "I am big fire". He's a lava Gnome from a city underground by lava pools, and he's a fire attuned Kinetecist. He wears an oversized tiki mask in combat, and specializes in Firedancing. He dances around his opponent, throwing fire, hitting them with torches, or otherwise using fire-attuned movement abilities to attack. Signature move is "Ring of Fire", where he draws a Wall of Fire behind him as he circles his opponent, then fights inside.

Any tips on pulling this off?

She is literally the only good thing in that entire game.

If the game is really simulationist and people actually consider what they're arguing, the first instance of any spells casts will cause that caster's head to violently explode
Because that shit isn't "realistic"

Don't be a Kineticist.
This sounds like a well-thought-out concept, but it can only end in disappointment with that garbage class

...Why.

exactly.

>I didn't read these posts at all

you're funny

It's fake simulationism. Magic gets a pass because it's magic, of course it can do whatever. Anything nonmagical tries (and fails) to be simulationist because it's the world, it has to make sense just like our world.

Did you?

Kinetecist has the neat ability that lets you draw a wall of fire behind you though, I'm not sure other classes can do that. And a sorcerer has much greater difficulty switching to melee with a torch on call, as well. Thank you for the compliment, but I've done fire sorc and storm sorc and dragon sorc and cthulu sorc and I didn't want to play yet another character that pulled from the sorc/wizard spell list.

Hey everyone! So I am currently working on an Unchained Cavalier. One of the main changes is the change to Cavalier Orders, which now work as something more similar to the Oracle Mystery.

There is a main list of Cavalier "Oaths", which do a number of abilities both in combat and out of combat. Then from this main list every Order has Oaths they have access to fitting their flavor. As a cavalier levels up he gains Oaths off his Order's list. This makes the Cavalier class more modular and frees them for more choice. Every order has 8 Oaths they have access to. In addition the Cavalier gains a Dilettante Oath, meaning one that appears on the main list, but not on their Order's list.

Due to this increased number of features I have had to decrease and consolidate Orders. So as to keep Order powers relevants I have consolidated similar Orders. At levels when one would gains a Order power they choose from a number of them (3, which is the number of Orders consolidated for each, there are 8 new total orders).

The goal is to make Cavaliers into a more regal feel if one so desires, have them appear to be Landed Knights and lesser nobles, or to open up such things as a Barbaric Outrider, Lone Sellsword, and other such mounted archetypes. The Oaths are means to help in this specialization.

In addition Banner has been changed to be a more important part of the class, with a list of Banners to choose from for the Cavalier, gaining new Banners as they level up.

A final change is making the cavalier able to use Challenge a number of times per day similar to before, but an additional number of times equal to their Wisdom modifier.

These are the current plans for the "Unchained" cavalier to go with the Unchained Fighter I have already posted. Thoughts on the proposed plan? What would you like to see out of a "Unchained" Cavalier?

The "Unchained" Fighter can be found here:
>docs.google.com/document/d/1twEab3PBHvzMLTrx_UJak4P9g5avkvVaZfrBiMPI-6s/edit?usp=sharing

>Magic gets a pass because it's magic, of course it can do whatever. Anything nonmagical tries (and fails) to be simulationist because it's the world, it has to make sense just like our world.
I agree that's an issue in PF, but there's a difference between "no fun allowed for marital" and "Loony Toons, nothing makes and sense at all".

Martials having trouble with swarms is fucking fitting. I don't care how good at combat you are, a swarm of wasps is going to be a nuisance to deal with if you try cleaving it to death.

Even some things in our world don't make sense or defy physics or the laws of nature
That's fucked

Yes.
>the original question, bringing up the swarm thing as a problem
>a complaint about casters and implication that martials should be able to hit them
>pointing out that a proper hammer should work fine implying that the rule is bad
>literally your exact same point, talking about how the simulation attempt is stupid when you consider magic
You agree with everyone, and then tried to argue with them. The fuck is wrong with you?

What if you could deal 50% to them and only with blunt weapons

just so you don't feel useless

I am sorry to meme this, but I need to ask. Is 3pp available? Specifically, Path of War. YES I KNOW but I'm not suggesting you play an initiator, but that you dip a single level of a class to get a cool feat from DSP's Fool's Errand playtest:

>Vortex Rush (Combat
>You trace paths of elemental fury across the battlefield.
>Prerequisites: Two Elemental Flux maneuvers known, two Fool’s Errand maneuvers known.
>Benefit: While you maintain an Elemental Flux stance, whenever you move as part of a maneuver or combat maneuver, or force creatures to move as part of a maneuver or combat maneuver (including when dragging a grasped creature), you and those creatures leave behind a trail of energy in every square exited during the movement. Creatures entering or passing through a trail takes points of damage equal to your initiation modifier of your active element's associated energy type. A creature can only take this damage once per action; for example, if a creature moved (or was dragged) across a trail multiple times in the same action, they would only take the damage once. Each trail you create with this feat is considered to be part of the same trail for the purposes of damaging creatures multiple times, and your trails vanish one round after you make them. You do not take damage from your own trails, and may suppress or resume this ability as a free action. This is a supernatural ability.

Try Fire Domain Cleric. You could take the Theologian archetype to make your fire spells much better, and get the ability to prepare them in non-domain slots, giving you Wall of Fire in all of your fourth level spell slots.

How is he arguing with everyone, do you proofread or do you just bang your face on the keyboard and hope for the best?

Its retarded, you can't just say "This guy has to adhere 100% strictly to reality" And meanwhile the other guy transforms into a dragon

There's gotta be some give, so the reality guy can even keep up

That sounds cool but incredibly useless, Satan-chan.
Psion(Kineticist) or Wilder is also pretty good. Take Favored Energy:Fire and go nuts.

Bro, he is agreeing with peeps and saying that those who say martials shouldn't be allowed to do this and that while simultaneously saying that casters can be capable of bullshit is retarded

That's a little different from what I tried to do, but it still might be fun. We usually don't use any 3rd party, but if a particular hing is really good I can talk it in.

Might be worthwhile. I'd certainly be better at martial combat. Can you worship a volcano?

It's up to your GM, but volcano worship seems like a pretty straightforward way of getting the Fire Domain to me.

>Wow if these idiots arguing in favor of a simulation its game would consider magic, they'd realize how stupid it was
>not trying to argue against simulationism
>quoting posts and then making an argument isn't supposed to direct the argument to those people
You're both fucking dumb.

Stop being fucking prissy, you're the only who's wrong here

I haven't tried to take a stance, I can't be wrong. At least not yet.

>I can't be wrong
Holy shit

Also, you could look into the Firebrand feat.

www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/firebrand-combat

You wouldn't actually meet the prerequisites, but it's worth bringing up, and if you were one of my players I would allow it.

What the fuck, i thought they couldn't mention the names of gods on the pfsrd?

>I still don't fully read the posts I reply to
No I can't be. I even specifically said "not yet" to avoid a retarded response like this. You can't be wrong if you don't make an assertion or a statement. I have nothing to even be wrong about.

Well then, I guess I thought torches were like that already anyways. I'll definitely need to bring that up, thanks.

>muddied everything by forcing your own special interpretation of what's being wrtitten
>doesn't want to hear explanations
>arguing for the sake of arguing because hear me have verbal diarrhea
Yeah okay, Trump supporter

I think Asmodeus is open source, since he is an actual archdevil in Christian theology

Oh, can't be wrong
You are literally what's wrong with this game

Yes, my own special interpretation of caps lock sarcasm about caster supremacy. I'm sure I just made that up out of nowhere, and that person wasn't complaining about the same thing.

Nigga do you fucking read at all or is everyone here retarded? I'm not saying that I as a living person forever lack the ability to be wrong. I'm saying that in this conversation, I have not yet made a claim or assertion yet. I have not tried to state any sort of fact to be called wrong.

What the fuck are you blathering about now?

So did you butt in after the conversation began, or are you too stupid to remember how it began already? Please tell me so I don't make assumptions about you.

But you have applied your own interpretation of what you think was said though and made wide accusations out of fucking nowhere, have you taken your meds, does your handler know where you are?

Please tell me what was actually meant by this then and how my interpretation of "someone arguing that a decent weapon should work fine" is wrong, please tell me how that's a wild assumption. I honestly think you must be trolling me at this point.

> Look at Shaman spell list
> No Remove Disease or Freedom of Movement
why..?

Uh, austic bro, think he was using the xd reply because of Do you think bother to read or does it get in the way of your overbearing fuckery

I was clearly not talking about the xd reply, but instead the other 99% of the post. I'm not even sure why I'm writing this reply since you've just made it abundantly clear that you're trolling.

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?492660-Drop-Dead-Studios-Vigilantes-of-Skybourne

DDS is having Ssalarn do vigilantes. Place your bets.

Do you bother to consider other opinions than your own or is everything an echochamber?
Curious

And what if the other dude was only replying to the xd comment and not the rest of the post?

Won't be done for another 2 years
There will be a hiatus on announcing a hiatus
But it comes out before arcforge

Gee whiz, it's like I clearly asked and even said "please" tell me how you think my reading of that was wrong. Oh boy it's like the only person to reply to that post completely ignored it and shitposted about a different thing. Wowee zowee if only someone would just use real words and tell me what you think instead of shitposting at me I might respect you even a little. That'll never happen though.

Then nothing changes?

Dude, I was only replying to the xd leaving the rest of the post unresponded to, unfortunately theses boards don't bother to differentiate between sections of replies
Don't make an ass of yourself

So what you're saying here could mean a few different things. 1, you only read the xd part and not the rest which is why you seem to think it deserved an argument against simulationism. 2, you are simply retarded and didn't what you were reading or saying. Or 3, you didn't follow the post chain properly and confused which side of the conversation he was on. Really there's no situation where this works out for you.

Ok. I went back to something I worked on a while ago and pared it down to a more concrete theme than the original was.

docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

Still very much in alpha though. I'm a bit unsure on the damage of Minefield and if the wording of various abilities are any good.

Still, here we go. A Harbringer Archetype based on firearms and alchemical items (Though not limited to them)

>people saying simulationism in Pathfinder is stupid
>guy tries to argue with them when he actually agrees with them
>gets called out for it
>shitposts for the next hour because he can't let it go
Holy shit just drop it you fucking autist.

Actually they only apply to you because you think you saw something that apparently roused your autistic tendencies and could not go unchallenged, and decided to wade in with both fists swinging at air and imaginary hallucinations for no fucking reason
I bet you're really fun at parties and games

>desperately trying to dig yourself out of your yawning hole
GG

>wade in with both fist swinging
is both fists swinging
Are you certain it's not you that thinks you saw something that wasn't there and is getting incredibly rustled over it? This is a really tame statement, and you clearly seem to think it was a personal attack of some kind.

>Samegagging and being an utter fucktard

There is no hole.

I'm not even that guy, but agree you fucks are pretty fucking retarded
Get out into the fresh air and take a breath for goddamn once

No. There's just more than one person sick of your bullshit by now. I know you want to imagine your vile enemy as some sort of irredeemable autistic bastard but really you're arguing for just asking about just as trivial of a topic.

You and him are literally the autists in this thread

Being this asspained to invent an imaginary friend

Okay champ, just keep it going then. Keep shitposting and arguing for hours, shit up the thread all night. I'm sure nobody will think you're autistic for being so insufferable for so long. Just ignore the multiple people telling you to stop sperging out.

Anything interesting came out from Pathfinder Horror Story? Not necessarily good, just interesting.
Is it horror like "We be vampires now! Rawr

I can see why RAW vs RAI is such an issue if you fuckers are like this
God fucking damn

>posts 30 seconds apart telling you to shut the fuck up and move on already
>still thinking it's samefag
Holy shit you really are fucking retarded, aren't you?

Alright folks. Finally made selections for the game I'm going to be running - a horror campaign (in theory...) set in Ravenloft, where the player characters are from Eberron. Our Intrepid Heroines are:

> An ethumion war veteran who became a Ravenlord rather than deal with seeing all of her ideals get savaged
> A teenaged silver dragon who snuck away from home to go on an adventure
> An underemployed beast breeder taking her wolf to mercenary service with her
> A knight-chandler caught in the conflict between her faith and her nation, looking for a break from dealing with it all
> A failed mage, psion, and psychic who finally achieved magical power by bludgeoning all of those elements together and becoming a Shattered Mind.

You'll get storytime when we have some.

Being this much of sore loser over being wrong and misinterpreting shit because of what you want to read and only your viewpoint is right

Are they all women or something?

Get over yourselves m8

I'm still waiting for you to tell me how you think I was wrong. I know you won't, you'll just keep shitposting.

/pfg/ what are you favorite support builds/casters? As I was considering playing a Life Oracle (With Merciful curse for LOH) but I've done an Oradin and a Lunar Oracle before so reconsidering.

Yep. No one noticed until after the app process was finished, including myself.

Can you guys fuck off
Go outside or something, jesus Christmas

OH MY GOD SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY YOU ARE EXCLUSIVELY SHITPOSTING AT THIS POINT YOU TOTAL FUCKING AUTIST

d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/magic-weapons-non-core/weapon-property---guided

What the fuck is this

Dude, please, you using caps lock isn't the way to go
See

>9 seconds apart
>niether are even me
Oh boy, I can't wait to hear more about how I'm samefaging. I sure do look forward to more rambling autistic delusions.

Holy shit, what is wrong with you people
It"s either stop being creepy or stop being autistic fucks

Chuck some fake beards on 'em. Perfect disguise.

five guys(most likely) playing five girls?
wow, this can only end one way.

the only question is whether tentacles involved