>we got the bad guys
>we got vampires/werewolfs
>we got the young kid that got bullied and then got trained
>we got angels
>we got magic
>we got love
>we got overcoming the bad guys with the power of friendship
>we got the wise mentor

Because no matter how popular you think Magic is, it's still the realm of nerds, freaks and society's outliers.

We're talking about a game so isolated from the mainstream that the developers think marketing towards SJWs and Autists is a viable market strategy.

Because normies would think
>oh, they're making a movie about that nerd card game, it's going to be a piece of shit made by losers for losers

As someone that plays MtG, I'm confident that it would be a piece of shit made by losers for losers. For reference, think of every video game movie ever made ever. With the exception of the Super Mario Bros movie, they're literally all trash. Why would MtG be any different?

Mortal Kombat was awesome. Suck an entire egg.

>he says while mahvel movies are at their all time peak

But Marvel superheroes have infiltrated the cultural consciousness for decades. Everybody loves Spiderman! Plus normies hate anything high-concept and superheroes are a lot easier to understand than MtG lore.

why would you want this though? Did you see he WoW movie? Do you think they'd treat this any better? Or maybe you just want a bunch of cards based off the movie

Marvel began appealing to SJWs and Autists AFTER the movies, user.

Nobody gave half a damn about the comics after the MCU became a thing.

I would love an mtg movie but I feel it would be shit. Animated series starting with origins up to current events would be best I think. Brothers war (anything from old lore apparently) would never happen with current wotc politics which is a shame.

>Marvel began appealing to SJW's and autists after the movies

Captain America has given up the mantle multiple times over several decades as political protest when the writers thought the politics of the day were too right wing and that a superhero called "Captain America" couldn't be a good guy soooo...

I'm almost sure I've heard somewhere that they ar eplanning a movie.
You're not supposed to use threads for advertisment, Wizards. Pay yourself a space in the add banners, like everyone else.

They tried in 1998, again in 2002, and I think again recently.

There is no where near enough interest.

Fuck half (or more) of the people that play magic don't know there is a story line or why similar names keep popping up between sets.

I find it more interesting if Captain is the good guy, some kind of paladin of the american dream, and is brutally reminded that is not how the real world works.
And in the end he (more or less) wins anyway, not because of hurrdurr-murika but because he's, you know, a cool guy who represents a pretty cool idea.

Just like what happened to the Warcraft movie right?

That would be fun if the writers of Captain America weren't the worst kind of liberal.

Ever wonder why Steve ends up getting killed, his child gets killed, he turns HYDRA, gets proven wrong in Civil War or a billion other things? The writers don't like Steve because he represents everything anathema to them.

Ever wonder why things start going so *up* for the Captain after he turned black?

They tried.

Every time they went to hollywood, the execs would ask them, "Who's your Mickey Mouse? Who's your Superman? Who's your Captain Kirk?"

And Wizards would go, "Uhhh.... Serra Angel or something? I dunno we don't really have an iconic main character..."

And the execs would have already stopped listening.

Now, we have Jace.

Who would you cast? I'm thinking Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

It just isn't popular enough.

Notice how few decent fan artists there are for this game as opposed to any given video game? Tabletop and traditional games are a much smaller audience.

It's going to be shit like warcraft movie

>WoW movie
>WoW
I feel the reeee inside of me growing stronger with each second

>Did you see he WoW movie?
Did you?
The treatment it received was fine, at least as far as the director and co. were able to control.

>Why isn't there a Magic Movie, yet?
Because why the fuck would anyone pay to see it?

t. someone who didn't see it

I believe Fox bought the movie rights to MtG a year or two ago.

So, there's that.

Also, pic needs to be Liliana.

Yeah, every video game movie is bad?

Silent Hills, (some) Resident Evils, Max Pain, Prince of Persia, Need for Speed, (hopefully) Assassin's Creed, and (hopefully) Uncharted.

> at their peak
> Guardians 2 hasn't even come out yet

Nobody likes Superman anymore. Also, society has shown openness to the abstract, look at Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, Deadpool... Hell, they are even making a Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell live action films.

Actually, JGL has already shown interest in playing Jace Beleren.

>Cowboy Bebop live action
In development hell for the better part of a decade now.
>Ghost in the Shell live action
studios wanted another Matrix, and this is what the Matrix was based on. It helps that the 95 movie is a proven success.

I agree that society is more open to fiction/fantasy than studio execs are willing to believe, but those are bad examples of it. I would point to movies like Oblivion, Pacific Rim, and maybe Edge of Tomorrow as better examples of audiences gobbling up "nerd fiction" that execs think "jocks" won't guy into.

I believe they actually got it into gear last year. Maybe year and a half.

And yet, everyone loves Star Wars.

Shit, just look at the love Star Trek is getting now.

We are all up in Nerd Culture's asshole.

Waiting to see how Warcraft does.

Critics seem to hate it, audiences seem "meh" about it.

It, like Boondock Saints 2, came about a decade after it should've. Fill the hole in the lead-up to BC with a feature-length film, and Mike Morhaime would have had to build a Scrooge McDuck vault.

I'm surprised there hasn't been an animated movie at least.
The whole brother's war saga would be perfect animated.

Noone gives a shit about old warcraft lores, also the acting is shit.

Poor acting can be made up for with good ideas. This is the case of many a B-movie hit, like most of John Carpenter's works, or The Evil Dead. That's not to excuse it, but that's the point out that the flaw runs deeper; in preference to Warcraft lore, they had some strange scenes. Namely the explanation of the Fel.

>Why were you examining corpses in the morgue?
>Let me finish my examination, sir
>What have you learned from these corpses
>It would be better if the Guardian tells you, sir
>Do you like flying to the Guardian, boy?
>yes sir
>Guardian, it is good to see you
>Why are you so eager to take my place, boy?
>Guardian, explain the Fel to the King's brother-in-law
>Oh, the Fel is magic that uses life as fuel

It took them what, 10-15 minutes for a one sentence explanation? Death magic fueled by life isn't exactly a new idea, but warcraft nerds would have gotten angry if the Guardian wasn't visited to explain it. So they wasted the audience's time.

Count how many times they say
>We need the Guardian
>Where is the Guardian

>he hasn't seen the classic 90's movie

That is absolutely beautiful.

The Guardian had some rad makeup.

And yet Warcraft got a movie. You could argue that its far more mainstream than Magic, but it does set the scene for its own movie in the near future.

I think its got potential to be one of next summer's blockbusters and a pretty good one at that. Just take the Battle for Zendikar storyline with Oath of the Gatewatch as the final battle, get Michael Bay or Zack Snyder in on that shit and ride the capeshit fad to widespread mainstream appeal, introducing millions of potential customers to the characters the future blocks are going to revolve around and their universe.

Magic can really be brought to the screen and the wheels are likely already in motion. It'll hardly please fa/tg/uys but I'll find it glorious because I happen to love capeshit.

And if you think that they won't do it because it can be a gamble economically speaking, think again. The thing is that even if it performs poorly it'll fuel the already autistic fandom, making them more devout and securing the future of the TCG.

Plus, you gotta consider where Wizards get their sheckels from. Sure, neckbeards do spend a lot on cards, but more often than not they do so in the secondary market or proxies. The ones that they really get their sheckels from is from casual players. Children and teenagers, in-and-out players, the guy who impulsively buys a fat pack, the uncle that buys you duel decks as a birthday gift, limited players... Those are the people that pay for Maro's diamond-encrusted Lucky Charms and those are the people that would be swayed by a Magic movie to buy more product.

It's already begun and you have no idea of what's coming.

... A second movie of the Shadows over Innistrad block.

PS: It also helps that normies loved Battle for Zendikar.

why on earth would you get Zach Snyder on this?

Pick your poison

"Oh yea! I'm so hype for Battle for Zendikar! I've heard its a fan favorite so I'm gonna bandwagon and be excited for it too and go muh nostalgia!"

"Oh yea! I'm so hype for Return to Ravnica! I've heard its a fan favorite so I'm gonna bandwagon and be excited for it too and go muh nostalgia!"

ROE was the best draft format of all time. Prove me wrong.

I've heard you loved ROE so much cause of the battlecruiser nature of the format and even cheap cards having huge lategame effects. Here! Have a counterspell thats just a regular counterspell, BUUUUUUT you can pay extra mana in the lategame to put some +1/+1 counters on a land! So exciting am I right?

It will be shit for as long as nuwalkers are relevant to the plot. A wuxia film based on the Kamigawa novels could be cool

I actually liked Batman vs Superman and I think he's managing to come into his own as a director.

I won't say he's a good director, but his shit is becoming less and less unbearable over time and he is good at making action scenes and that's what I want in a movie with Eldrazi Titans.

Guillermo del Toro would also be a good pic. After Pacific Rim he's got the necessary experience to make the Eldrazi come to life in the screen.

I pick the poison that can actually be made into a movie.

Awaken is pretty cool though, in general.

Lore is best explored via the cards.

This,,
Or a buddy cop film with argues kos and feather.

What the fuck would they actually make the movie about? Who would be their target audience if they did make it?

The best story magic had that was distinctly its own was Urzas Saga, but that is some old guard shit right there, and isn't exactly going to get any new players into the game since wizards isn't exactly pumping out urzas block anymore. They could make it about the new walkers, jace and his super best friends. But they suck and the stories linked to them suck.
Nobody will actively say that shit is good, so they don't even have a horde of diehard fans that will see the movie if it flops.

They could try making a legitimately good original movie, but that would just completely alienate the few fans they have of various storylines.

Its a no-win scenario for them, and they can keep printing money anyway, so why bother?

>BfZ movie is action packed kaiju fight
>RtR movie is political thriller and spy movie like Winter Soldier.

>political thriller and spy movie like Winter Soldier.
>like winter soldier
>modern movie-goers honestly believe that trite action flick was a political thriller/spy movie

Forsyth hates this.

Snyder is a great director, but BvS was a pile of shit that had far too much going on and nothing of a cohesive scene lasted more than 5 mins at a time. You could just see the pile of shit this movie was on Ben Affleck's face during press releases and interviews after they filmed it all. He was all sad and shit and would t say anything to promote it.

>snyder is a great director
On the basis of which movie, exactly?
300 was a near shot-for-shot adaptation of a comic. Sucker Punch was terrible. Man of Steel was BvS without the hype and subsequent disappointment.

Same reason Warcraft took so long and Halo never got one: Hollywood doesn't want to deal with a Big Book of No You Have to Do It This Way (extensive lore + need to be lore compliant)

I actually really enjoyed Sucker Punch. It was well filmed, well directed, well cast, the only lacking part was the convoluted plot. But, it was meant to be the various degrees of objectification on many different levels of understanding. That's what made it overly complicated, but it was still very good if you could follow it all.

Frank Miller's 300 was all direction. And done beautifully. And its sequel was well done.

Beyond that, there was Watchmen, which was 90% faithful and very good. 2004 Dawn of the Dead, good but I wasn't thrilled on fast zombies. Only the first half of Man of Steel was decent. All of BvS was jankity. That's all that is noteworthy.

It have to be a recent story, so Jace and friends. Movie goers don't want to get crammed decade old lores for two hours of the movies.
Warcraft could've been big if they dropped the old bullshit and goes with Arthas' story.

Who would you choose to direct the magic movie Veeky Forums?

My personal pick would be Guillermo del Toro.

I think del Toro would do a pretty good job. But, so would James Gunn.

I'd rather it get a cartoon on whatever Hasbro's channel is called now. Just make it about Dack.

It would be shit. Give us an MMO. Or just a nice RPG.

To be honest I'm surprised Hasbro hasn't pushed out a miniatures game. So many designs, so much money.

Man, you are retarded.

Civil War and its aftermath proved Steve right. Everything he said would happen happened. Things didn't get sorted out until he came back.

Writers didn't start making him shit until around five or six years ago, and that wasn't because they disliked him - they liked him too much. He sprouted plot armor a foot thick and the universe started to bend over backwards to make him vindicated in all things, to the point of just making no sense or invoking a ton of awful retcons.

They made a board game. It was bad. Really bad.

Uwe Boll

>The whole brother's war saga would be perfect animated.
Provided they do the animation like Secret of NIMH or Black Cauldron

Yeah well board games are bad, so that comes as no surprise.

Because using the best antagonist would cause the movie to get an R rating