Dragon art and talk

Starting a new group, they jokingly said they wanted a dragon.
I said I will give them a dragon.

Now I need pictures of dragons. How do you like your dragons Veeky Forums?
Fapbait not very welcome.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dragons-in-the-military.380982/
yagariryuu.deviantart.com/favourites/67663729/Dragons-and-Lizard-Dragon-man
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't have a lot, dumps are appreciated.

Make it just a giant scaly, fire breathing chicken

What was that storytime where the group gets like a fetal alcohol syndrome dragon cause a normal one would be OP?

dragon!

>they jokingly said they wanted a dragon
Here's your dragon. Aren't you happy?

*cluck cluck*
I fucking love it.
I also like some fur or feathers on my dragons for some reason, but only a little bit.

Have a cute dragon as compensation.
In your place, I would give them a small cute dragon and make it grows during the campaign.

I've been pondering dragon growth.
>Every dragon starts out as a blank/grey dragon.
>Blank dragons rapidly mutate
>As it gathers magical items, devours other creatures or spends time in an environment, the dragon gains elemental affinity
>Each elder dragon would have an unique blend of elements and traits. Some large, some wise, some with multiple heads...

>the promised dragon is a real dragon - big, old, scalie, and wise
>he (she?) agrees to go with the party for a few quests that involve:
>giving a message to his old lich-bro gone mad and homicidal from living so long
>a big bandit warband that stole some ancient and ridiculously expensive things from dragon's hoard
>finding dragon's old friend who's still offended after several-year-old quarrel and asking his/her forgiveness

So dragon raised by adventurers will grow depending on what they give him to eat and the magical items they have? His environment will be changing a lot... so an adaptable dragon?

Yeah probably. That doesn't sound as ideal as I imagined, I'll rethink it.

That looks like a botched polymorph. Feel sorry for the guy.

Bump, more dragons are needed.

Feabie, the feeble dragon who instead of blood was given a ton of booze and a drop of adventurer spunk to ritually hatch him. That what you're thinking of? I don't think I have it but I'll look.

>Transvestite dragon

sauce when

I like the idea behind Guild Wars 2s Elder Dragons.

These six gigantic beings sleep for ages then awake corrupt anything they find into minions and consue all the magic they can find.
After that they go to sleep again and slowly let the magic back into the world.

Pic related flew south when he awakened and there is now a land of corrupted and chaotic purple crystals from his breath

And this one was the death/zombie thing you have in every setting.

Lifted a sunken continent and let any fallen person/animal he could get his and on rise again as his minion to collect magical artifacts for him to devouer

Oh, I know the story bro, it's near and dear to my heart! If only MMORPG's where a better tool to tell those stories...

So I've been working on a new fantasy setting for a while, and I've honestly been considered making 'dragons' as a typical player race.

Like the big strong dudes (no wings at first level though), with some fire breathing abilities are just a playable race.

This is partially to negate how OP dragons are in most settings (fly, magic, strong, intelligent), so I've taken the liberty of also splitting up the basic elements of a dragon into two distinct creatures. Instead of one hoarding giant powerful creature; have a giant python (intelligent, magical, hoard, but no flight or fire) and a giant bird (flies, hoard in nest, not magic or intelligent)

Anyone hate this idea? Or is it ok?

>Disappointing boss fight

> How do you like your dragons Veeky Forums?

I usually just keep them as common wyverns. Bestial animals, more like traditional European myths than D&D's type, the size of a large but otherwise realistic animal, like a large horse or elephant, and don't often breathe any kind of fire or element. I swing from one side to the other though on that one, so I don't have any problems with the intelligent, all-power type of dragon. One I've grown increasingly fond of is a little bit of both, where dragons stay violent, impulsive, and bestial for most of their lives, and often die before they reach much more than half a century. Mental maturity sets in late for these creatures though, and those rare ones that are powerful, or subtle, enough to survive for more than a century start to develop into the larger, wiser, and all-knowing types of dragons that work well as a BBEG or a noble ally... or just an indiscriminate and uncaring entity that shies away from the wider world, which is far more common. Seeing countless lives rise and fall tends to make you uncaring towards the outside world.

Endless Legend has an interesting take on that one, although rather than being rash and impulsive, the young are inquisitive, humanoid, and bipedal, around the same size as people, making the effective dragon-man race. It's only once they grow older that their size explodes, they become too top-heavy to stand on two legs, and become dragons proper.

Design-wise I prefer wyverns again, with four limbs, the front ones being akin to those of bats that can be used alternately as manipulating limbs or as wings.

What a faggot.

I've been trying to write a story about dragons for a while now, and it's been going okay. I've restarted three times but I guess that's part of the process.

I do have one question for you guys, though: If you heard on the news that the US government had apprehended a small (~8 foot), apparently non-hostile dragon who insisted he was from a different world, what would you first reaction be?

Love it.

A prank, or the news anchor had gone insane. If I heard it from about 5 different sources and saw it referenced in about 20 other reliable sources I would react by squeeing super hard.

>they jokingly said they wanted a dragon.
>I said I will give them a dragon.
Give them a dragon bossfight.

>how to dragon
I like them classic. Big, red, four limbs plus wings, and fire-breathing. Smart enough to be cunning predators, but not geniuses. They do awful things to people and sit on treasure because they're crazy. They're perfectly content to strafe you with fire-breath and do other nasty tricks to never give a fair fight. A several-mile radius around a dragon's lair is black and barren from all the fire breathed on it. Dragons are a big deal because they are awesome and don't fuck around.

>If you heard on the news
Depends on who's reporting it. If it's not a mainstream news organization, I'd assume it was some kind of conspiracy theory crap and I wouldn't even look at the story. If it was reputable news sources, then I'd be suspicious, but slightly saddened that real life is turning out to be an amateurish portal fantasy.

Its called an intrusion fantasy when a fantastic thing comes to reality, a portal fantasy is when a normal person or thing goes into a fantastic world.

ቡምፕ [bumipi]

No fear that it might be trying to take over the Earth? Just a squee?

Stocking up on Food, Water and trying to get my hands on a weapon (not USA). Who tells me there won´t be more crazy shit coming through the portal.

Also trying magic, maybe it works now.

1 lone dragon vs the USA, any nation that has enough firepower to hold off Godzilla can handle a dragon or few.

I like them with a sense of humor.

If he has magic and can bring allies in our world it could get very nasty.

It turns out that it's the first of approximately ten million adults (plus another three million or so children) who are also getting banished

The main conflict of the story is trying to prevent a war between dragons and humans. Humans would win easily, but nobody wants a pointless bloodbath.

Well in the light of that information i foresee district 9. At best. We can´t even stop to massacre our own kind. Some potentially alien and dangerous invaders/refugees are even worse off. Refugees in that economy?

I actually think they'd do okay, mostly because the species barrier means they're unlikely to form rape gangs like normal refugees.

>Pointless bloodbath

Yeah, nah, I'd hunt the shit out of them from the roof of a skyscraper with a 50cal and a case of beer.

I think you overexagarate the factor of rape in the integration. Just think, 13 million beeings showing up in an already overpopulated world. Who is going to pay for them ? First world? Not in that economy. China/russia? Maybe to weaponize them? Third world? Yeah i don´t think so.

And whats with the dragons themselves? Do they have a governing structure? Would they accept a live as third class citizens ?

Dealing with this sort of stuff becomes the main conflict later on.

The dragons do have magic, which makes them potentially valuable to first-world economies (magical abilities combined with technology can get some pretty crazy shit done), but they're a race with a strict social hierarchy and will have lots of trouble integrating—especially since most of them have been trained from birth to fear and loathe humans.

>especially since most of them have been trained from birth to fear and loathe humans.
Well that's quite an important detail. Were there humans where they came from?

Chicken Boo What's a-matter with you?
You don't act like other chickens do
You make men die raining fire from the sky
But you're not a dragon, you're a Chicken Boo

>but they're a race with a strict social hierarchy and will have lots of trouble integrating

>trained from birth to fear and loathe humans

So like magically skilled salafist. Thats bound to give a lot of trouble....

For a while, yes. They believe that humans used dark magic to keep their race as mental slaves for fifty generations. Thankfully, the Elves eventually managed to defeat the humans and banish them all to the frozen hell Earth.

What actually happened is a bit different, but what matters is what they think happened, not what actually happened.

Yeah. I thought the concept could be sort of neat, and provide the opportunity for an interesting story.

Speaking of military dragons....

forums.spacebattles.com/threads/dragons-in-the-military.380982/

>Yeah. I thought the concept could be sort of neat, and provide the opportunity for an interesting story.

It actually is. but i just don´t see how that should end well. I mean it might be possible if they spread around the world. But would they want that ?

I'm still unsure if it will end well.

The dragon nobility will want their own nation-state, as they will find the lack of rule by nobility common in most modern nations disgusting. At the same time, the citizens themselves just went through a war that killed two million of their people, and a horrible banishing process where they were intentionally separated from their families before being sent to what they believed to be hell itself. They're going to be slightly suspicious of the nobility as-is, and when they see all the modern technology humans have created, many will desire outright rebellion.

I suppose it will be up to my duo of protagonists to try and stroke that rebellion, since they'll likely have some degree of influence. I don't know, I only have most of the first part planned so far.

In that case i could imagine a split between reactonaries and progressives. Each party used as proxies by an earth power ofc. The western nations would probably support progressive dragons while several autocrats would support the tradional nobility.

Especially russia could have the room to grant them a form of semi independent statehood (given they can endure the climate). Also they have a doctrin of supporting autocrats.

Also how stylish would imperial russian dragons be ?

Ug there was a webm on /k/ a while back like your pic. Police were shooting at an escaped elephant in I think it was California and none of them had anything bigger than 9mm

That would be cool to see in case anyone saved that.

Imperial Russian Dragons would be pretty badass.

Indeed.

yagariryuu.deviantart.com/favourites/67663729/Dragons-and-Lizard-Dragon-man

You may find this useful.

>The first part of the campaign is meeting all the bbegs of the future campaigns and fixing the problems before they happen
>the dragon knows all of them personally, but slept a little too long and sends you to reconnect with them and see how they are doing
>dragon sends you on quests to meet vibrant, lore filled characters who have/will have massive impact on this world.
>How your charaters first interact with them determines their good or bad intentions.
>helping a future ork warband get stable jobs in the community keeps them out of trouble
>tutoring a young cleric in his history helps him correctly read a prophesy
>an long lost library is found and it's location given to a lich so he can stay engulfed in studies and not in genocide
>Once great warrior king is fixed of his mid life crisis, doesn't go to war, and disciplines his shit head kid, who in return, brings a new source of renewable wealth to his kingdom
>an old wizard talks to the dragon through his crysal ball once you bring him the right ritual. Turns out he was going to attempt one after forgeting the words and losing his local listings. The word of power he was going to use would have ripped open a portal to hell. He just laughs about it with the dragon. Crisis averted
>Dwarven house leaders are all called to the dragons place to redecorate it and end up working together and forming lasting bonds.

Our heist just became a jailbreak.

Why does this make me feel?

Because your character will be doing more good by chance in a slice of life style role playing game than you will ever do in a min maxing rollplay group

Because you and I will never experience something as joyful

Think about all the tragedy that normally results in. Think about all the tragedy that happened in whatever tales of fantasy you got emotionally invested in... Imagine that it could have all been stopped at the start. It makes me feel too.

I've been planning to run a game set in the Game of Thrones universe, right around the time Ned gets imprisoned. But it's not a political intrigue game, it'll be some cheesy D&D/Pathfinder shit where the characters can run around doing whatever they feel like with their completely inappropriate and disproportionate power. They can save Ned, they can kill the Lannisters. Meanwhile I'll just try my best to progress things as logically as I can in response. The Dornish will still be plotting against the crown, the White Walkers are still mobilizing. Watch the party cleric just laugh as he turns/rebukes the wights.

I think this current re-write is actually going better.

Would anybody want to look over it for me?

give them Africa

So just district 9?

I'd assume it's less "put them in camps" and more "look the other way while they incinerate the natives".

I'm gonna go innawoods and prepare for worlds colliding.

But I won't be scared. I will be excited.

Stay alive, thread.

I feel like this picture is a fine example of a huge human douche riding a small dragon douche.

Do you see what I did there?

No, actually.

That is cute, but you know, highly developed feudal societies often have charters or establishments of rights allowed to vassals of the King/The nobility in general.

This kind of orderly society also has RULES about proper conduct for aspiring Knights/Young Nobles.

Generally going about in day to day life loaded for bear in state of the art (and very expensive and deadly) kit is declasse/forbidden, to say nothing of the trouble involved in terrorizing the countryside with swords and what have you.

(Yes, this was a specific problem legally addressed in English history during the relevant period of chivalry. The Prince and his friends liked sharp objects. And fast horses. And threatening anyone who disagreed with the sharp objects.)

From a practical standpoint armor is also just really uncomfortable and inconvenient. You can't see a goddamn thing with the visor down like that and you sweat like a fucking pig.

The issue of "The Young Master gambled away his living expenses again playing craps with the other boys again" is another one. You had to strike a balance between appropriate deference, and an ineffectual whipped dog of a manservant/valet like Woodhouse who lets them run riot and waste all of their money and possibly stab a dude. Never mind getting mixed up with the ubiquitous whores. The adult noble tasked with child raising when they were a kid, that wasn't so bad. It was understood (if things were done right) that your uncle or whatever could totally hit you, and would. He'd hit his own boys if your dad didn't have them. But a servant? clearly a servant.

This looks like furry art, user.

>Be careful young knight! For the dragon be a fearsome beast!
>I heard from the bards that he breaths the very fires of hell
>Aye, and that when his wings beat, the very mountains tremble!
>I hath heard that he prefers the taste of the flesh of young women. Princesses if I remember correctly
>Wait a minute... I heard he was a chicken!
>...
>...
>AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yon jester be at his best today!
>But it's the truth! I tell ya, the dragon is but a chicken!

I think it is.

A distinct possibility.

why are you so condescending yet fail to make a point?

He's on Veeky Forums, genius.

I love to do this in campaigns. Mess with their expectations.

Step 1: Local Bar / Lore, the town owns the dragons wings.
Step 2: The dragon chooses to be a worm (Wurm) and slide around in the ground explaining the terrible earthquakes of the town.
Step 3: When the players least expect give that dragon MAGIC WINGS TO PARTY KILL THE GROUP.

Have the get hired for a easy babysitting protection mission, where it turns out they're babysitting a baby dragon while the mom heads out to the dragon council. They have to protect the dragon from adventurers that want to kill it, a necromancer after it's skeleton, a halfing after the dragons treasure, Kobolds that want to kill the adventurers to worship the young dragon and also stop the baby dragon from escaping to the nearby village disguised as a human to do teenager things.

Dumping dragons that I like.

I like them to be very reptillian, and with 6 limbs. Unfortunately a lot of fantasy art gives them bodies that look like a dog's. So I tend to be pretty picky

Izzat a seaotter dragon? Because that's kinda cool.

I fucking love the scales on this.