How do you cope with your bad trades?

I sold LTC and XMR in the minidip last week.
I bought back today at a lose of 1500 USD, that's like eight 24h work shifts for me.

How do you cope with these situations? I am very sad at the moment. I have said mean things to my future girlfriend and we won't be meeting this weekend. I also performed bad at work and my colleagues noticed it...
I'm almost crying at home. I'm writing this because I'm emotionally overwhelmed and having very bad thoughts.
pic related. this badass guy doesn't have these sort of problems.

What of "don't invest what you can't afford to lose" didn't you understand? Try to make profits and cash out your initial investment asap so it's just play money after that.

I usually stop trading for a day or two to regain confidence. It's better than desperately trying to recover your losses only to lose more because you're becoming more and more emotional. Shit sucks bro, I've lost like 6k few days ago but made back half of it already.

I don't usually sell at a loss due to iron hands hodling but when I finally hit capitulation point and go in to damage control it feels like total and utter defeat. On the positive side, if you're involved with rapidly growing markets like crypto, there will always be more opportunities in future, more rocket rides, and so on. It'll work out. It helps me to go in to analysis mode and try to pick apart what my thinking was that lead me in to this pink wojak position, remember what mistake(s) i made and try my best not to make them again in future.

Take every bad trade as a lesson. Make sure you understand why you entered the trade and why you decided to exit late or hold.
If you keep making bad trades either take a break or make all your positions small until break the cycle.

My life has been one giant trainwreck, the money i invest is but a drop of the money i spent on drugs.

So i don't give a shit if i win or lose, but Ive won every single time now.

big picture user, you could have lost everything. you'll get back to it.

i made 110 btc by june starting from only 4 in march. and guess what? i lost it all back to 3.5 btc. margin's a bitch.

now back up to 5. just keep on keepin on.

Like just this week, for instance, I am kicking myself over a series of decisions I made that resulted in me sitting on the sidelines watching a stock I used to have turn bright green to the tune of +30% over the last two days. The stock was THCX, a marijuana grower in Quebec. I held it for about a month and despite knowing full well that it could break out at any moment, I got impatient, sold it at a modest 3% profit, bought something else instead. Now THXC is shooting off in to interstellar space and the company I used the proceeds of the sale to buy shares in is now dogging it at -15%. And that's a mother fucker of a bitter pill.

And so it goes. I carry on.

I don't care desu senpai. Just move on.

i sold 50 xmr at 121 euros and bought back in at 140 which was basically an ath at that time.

now it's 200 and doesn't look like it is stopping very soon

i am really hoping for a big market correction or at least a dip, 2018 is going to be huge for xmr

still i'll buy it even if it's 300$, this coin has 1k in it's sights.

>How do we cope with these situations?
Stay away from trading for a few days.

When you setup a contract, organise it in advance with stoploss, rolling pips, timeouts or decide beforehand how much you want to lose, before closing the trade and walking away with a loss, should it occur. Use bots, trading platform scripts.

If your buy doesn't rise, then just hold onto it and be prepared for weeks/month/years. Just stick to an arranged plan. Set your stoplosses to sell automatically if the stock tanks and just move on.

If you cannot afford to lose the money, then why are you doing this?

Just don’t sell at a loss, if you can’t afford to hold for a long period of time then you can’t afford to invest

i do alot of drugs to numb the pain while i let my shitcoins roll another day hoping for them to go up

I had UNIT and XPD this february. i sold them for a loss last month.

never again. ALL shitcoins WILL rise. UNIT was literally delisted from every exchange for 6 months. Now it's 5k sat. I sold it at 90 sat. I want to fucking kill myself.

>If your buy doesn't rise, then just hold onto it

you should actually not do this. if you buy predicting a rise, and it doesn't come in a decent amount of time, you should assume you were incorrect and get out to look for better trades.

see
>never again. ALL shitcoins WILL rise. UNIT was literally delisted from every exchange for 6 months. Now it's 5k sat. I sold it at 90 sat. I want to fucking kill myself.

NEVER

EVER

EVER

EVER

SELL YOUR FUCKING SHITCOINS

DO I NEED TO POST ME SELLING MY 10K UNIT THAT I BOUGHT FOR .0001 BTC FOR .00005 BTC? DO I NEED TO POST UNIT'S CHART? IT WENT TO FUCKING 15K SAT

IT WAS NOTHING

IT HAS NO FUCKING REASON TO GO UP

IT WENT UP 500X SUDDENLY

DON'T SELL YOUR FUCKING SHITCOINS NO MATTER WHAT

You are right.

I always put time limits on mine, which are I review.

I should have made that more clear, thank for pointing that out.

STOP

ALL

SHITCOINS

WILL

GO

UP

500X

ONE

DAY

NO

MATTER

WHAT

You paid $1500 for a lesson. Now better make it a valuable lesson by learning well from your mistakes. This is the mentality that will keep you moving forward.

Margin wrecked me too. Unimaginable losses, my daily life is one big regret attack.

But I've still got some skin in this game...trying to right my wrongs.

>How do you cope with your bad trades?

i simply learn how to make better trades
here are my guidelines

>the team behind a product matters the most,no matter what anyone else tells you. a good team with credentials have more leverage and can make more partnerships
>don't always assume that your coin is dead in the water. if the team managed to deliver according to the roadmap, is attenting conferences and writing code (in their git/slack) then hold steady. some coins take months to show anything
>stop listening to Veeky Forums and crappy sites like coindesk. do your own research. medium.com and twitter are good places to learn about crypto
>don't panic on btc movements, stop shorting btc, stop messing with btc period if you don't already own a large amount of it
>stop chasing coins just because of their supply or volume, always look at all the metrics
>if your coin drops 30% without any special reason, check the reddit for happenings, don't just panic sell

Bad advice I sold my BLUE, COB and MCO before they mooned