/tgesg/ - Weekend Elder Scrolls Lore General

Telvanni Edition

>Tabletop/P&P RPGs
[Scrollhammer - Tabletop Wargame] 1d4chan.org/wiki/Scrollhammer_2nd_Edition
Discussion in #Scrollhammer (irc.thisisnotatrueending.com (port 6667))
[UESRPG 1e + other TES RPGs] mediafire.com/uesrpg
Discussion in #UESRPG (same server)

>Lore Resources
[The Imperial Library] imperial-library.info/
[/r/teslore] reddit.com/r/teslore/
[UESP/Lore] uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
[Pocket Guide to the Lore] docs.google.com/document/d/1AtsWXZKVqB4Q825_SwINY6z4_9NaGknXgeOknOCDuCU/edit
[Elder Lore Podcast] elderlore.wordpress.com/
[How to Become a Lore Buff] forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1112211-how-to-become-a-lore-buff/

>General Rules
No waifus or husbandos except for clones.
Keep the MK/Lady N related squabbling to a minimum.

Previous Kalpa

First for comfy wizard towers.

Second for Bretons.

Third for Alfiq alchemists.

they smell of fungus

They smell of Bugmusk and clonegasms.

well... that sounds better
brb joining telvanni

I'm thinking about making videos over TES lore.

What should I cover? What would be the basics, and from where to I go into deeper stuff?

I'm more partial to Redoran architecture and interior.

Start straight from the deep stuff, there's already more than enough shitty entry-level lore videos.

It's probably a good idea to cover the basic stuff like provinces, deities and major factions when starting out.

The best part about that tomb is the hidden loot that is very easy to miss unless you're anal about searching through all rooms.

This one's potions are too strong for you, traveller

Youtube videos is the worst medium for ES lore possible.

I for one learn easier from videos than text.

I'll consider this.
My first video will probably be crap, so I might as well start on some condensed information that all but the newest of Skyrimfags would know just to get the ball rolling.
I can see that, but most people learn better through different mediums, like how some people are more visual and others are more auditory. I wasn't expecting to become youtube famous, just to make a video for whenever somebody asks what CHIM is, like that Dreamer Awake guy tried.

You could sum up the events from previous games in a short and snappy format so that everyone watching is on the same page.

>clonegasms
if they had a child would it be clone too?

Are we sure that Fyr has been alive for thousands of years, or is he actually a clone that he transfers his memory to each new clone when the current body starts to die?

UESP is probably the best one I've found for exploring lore. If there is a better way, then please by all means tell me.

Nah, just inbred.

Neloth is still alive and less senile than he was in the third era. So I wouldn't put it past for any other high ranking Telvanni wizard to stay alive for thousands year.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. That might just be my first video, outside of maybe an introduction.

UESP is okay, just make sure to ignore the ESO shit.

Also make a 40 minute long video on MK.

I already have you covered. It's just 9 hours of a camera pointed at me while I mutter the 36 lessons and write "CHIM" on the walls with my own blood.

Yeah. The ESO adds nothing save the occasional place name, there is nothing signifigant lore in the whole of the game.

The No-Longer-King-Of-Rape-But-Of-Conquest-Fuck-You-Dagor was reduced to saturday morning cartoon viliain fucking over the cosmology in such a way as to render it non canon in the great scope.

I can think of no serious reason why ESO can not be considered the Elder Scrolls Equivilant of Star Wars: Legends material.

Imperial Library.

This sort of exists. It's live footage.

Don't do it

It doesn't count if he is meditating in his drugcoffin.

OK, Why?

So is c0da any good?

Because dozens of people already have done so with higher viewing counts and more established channels in very detailed ways.

It is unlikely you will see many views.

Yeah man, people like mozart already made music famous, we should just stop making music now it's all over

Is their presentation any good?

I'm not really intending to become famous, just to make maybe 5 videos.

okaythenmyfriend

They are pretty good yes, typically with a lot of animation from the game too. Good sound quality, there is another who does Dark Souls Lore which is very comfy.

Do not get discouraged though, all you need is a hook if you are wanting a channel on youtube. I suspect you lack obvious cleavage so it may have to be an adopted personality or a special feature unique to your channel.

What I do suggest, that might be very interesting, is talking about the lore from the perspective of those experiencing it. This would take liberties with certain things and would require immense study and understanding of the human mind. But to hear a realistic and engaging telling of how Vivec took to Godhood and why he covered the truth.

-That- would be well worth listening to.

If your still here videoanon i would like to watch your video if you make it.

Sure, I'm writing the script as we speak. I'll link it, and love some constructive criticism. Might take a week or two to make since I've got a job, friends, and a girlfriend.

Because unless you are capable of backing up everything you say with the correct sources, and actually making note of them, your videos are objectively worthless. The last thing we need is another youtube spreading misinformation about the lore.
Likewise, gathering info can take alot of time, and chances are, if you don't take the extra time to make your videos flashy and attractive, the effort you put into gathering will be wasted and no one will watch them.
This brings me to my main point. Youtube at its very core is just a medium to whore attention. The only reason any one posts anything on youtube is so that people can watch it. If you do bother to put actual effort into your videos, and still find that no one is watching them or giving feedback, you're probably just going to end up immediately quitting, and regretting you ever made the videos in the first place. Having no one watch your shit means you've failed your one objective, which is a stupid essentially egocentric objective to begin with.

All and all, you're better off just sticking to sites like this and discussing the lore in a community with people who will always respond.

Dude, I just wanted a quick video over something with a few sources in the description, that somebody could just link for a quick answer. It's no different than making an infographic, and if my 4 or 5 videos only get watched by 1 or 2 people who lurk the threads, that's fine considering it isn't a large target demographic and I'm not expecting to even have subscribers.

>It's no different than making an infographic
Than why not make an infograph?

If anything it will be a fun learning experience for you. Maybe you could use the comic like style of presentation Zero Punctuation uses when illustrating events?

Do you not understand why hes making the video? Guess i expected to much from the average user.

>DON'T DO SOMETHING YOU'D ENJOY FOR GITS AND SHIGGLES THAT MIGHT BENEFIT DISCUSSION, YOU MIGHT NOT GET POPULAR RAGGLEFRAGGLE
do what you want senpai, personally i'd be down for some non-shit lore vids, just make sure you don't cock it up and we'll be golden.

Spergs have a hard time seeing the world from other perspectives.

>talking about the lore from the perspective of those experiencing it.

This could be very interesting, a first world perspective on existing lore. Exploring the motivations and reasons, it would require a lot of deductive reasoning.

>Do you not understand why hes making the video?
I guess I don't
His only explanation seems to be that he wants to make an infograph but not an infograph.

How fucking dense are you.

Because I want to make a video, not an infograph...

Why are you arguing this?

Alright so the glaring reason people are battering me over is 'just because'
glad that's cleared up
I'm not arguing anything

Can somebody explain Human migratory patterns in history?

I think it was Nedes , then that became Nedes, Cyro-Nedes, and Atmorans. The Atmorans became Nords, the Cyro-Nedes became Imperials, and the Nedes became the rest, right?

I think you should listen to Ignore this user because this isn't a good idea. Entry-level lore is not something many people need help with, and there are already plenty of sources for it anyway. You wouldn't be covering anything that isn't in the PGEs, at least two wikis and a dozen other vids.

Put your time into lore vids about something more niche. Mantling, the Marukhati Selective.

Or do something about character design, in particular about weird race/class combos. I often see posts along the lines of "Altmer Barbarian? lol how the fuck is that meant to work". I can think of three different ways that particular combo could work, apparently others have a brain block over this stuff though. Encourage people to look beyond flat stereotypes while still sticking to sensible lore.

First there were the Wandering Ehlnofey. Then they became Atmorans, then they gradually returned to Tamriel and became Nedes. Then the last Atmorans came with Ysgramor.
Ancient Nedic tribes under Ayylmao influence gave birth to the Nibenese.
Nedes + Direnni = Bretons
Nedes + Atmorans = Nords
Nords + Nedes = Colovians

>tfw DreamerAwakeLore will never post videos
>tfw no more Selectives Lorecast

>tfw if they do make a TESVI Valenwood, they'll either not include or completely ruin Imga
Its enough to make you so angry, angry enough to dance around a tower.

Are the females of Tamriel shave their public hair? Are there racial differences in that matter?

Bosmer don't shave

Or wash

Nobody really shaves their pubic hair. If there had to be a race to do so, maybe the Altmer, but even then that's unlikely. I would imagine that elves do tend to be less hairy, with the exception of orcs, and this is confirmed in Skyrim seeing how elves have less chest hair than humans.

depends on the culture.

Take Dunmer for example, Ashlanders never shave, your average civvie is 50/50 chance, and a priestess of Vivec/Mephala will most likely be shaved unless unshaved is her fetish

Just like in the real world I'm willing to bet it's something that goes in circles.

However, since the lack of toilets or excrement in Nirn indicates that no one has any urinal tract pipe or anus, I'm sceptic to how their nether regions actually look like.

There's buckets that are obviously used for toilets in Skyrim, and sewers in all the games.

>sceptic
I'm pretty sure they're the ones that are sceptic

Good thing your opinions don't matter.

Their sewers are way to clean. They no doubt have no idea what to actually use their sewers for.

Nedes+migratory Atmorans = Cyro-Nords.

The Nedes did not become anyone else besides the Bretons.

The Out of Atmora theory is debated.

Anyway, you don't need Nedes to make Nords.

Nede is a very broad term that refers to any human population in Tamriel prior to the arrival of the Nords. All sorts of various (extremely various) Nedic people lived in ancient Cyrodiil, High Rock, Hammerfell, Argonia, and maybe Morrowind.
Whether or not they actually came from Atmora isn't fully known.
The Nedic peoples of High Rock are quickly dominated by the Elves same as those in Cyrodiil, who find themselves enslaved by the Ayleids. The far eastern Nedes all seem to eventually go extinct, most during the Knahaten flu of the Second Era.
The Elves of High Rock, who are a bit less conservative than the Altmer of Sumurset when it comes to purity of blood, frequently help themselves to the local humans and as a result we see the beginning of what would eventually become the modern Breton race, the Manmeri. The people that would become the Reachmen are very heavily interbred, and have lots of orcish blood in their veins.
Then the Nords come down from Atmora and overthrow the Snow Elves, eventually forming their own united nation under Harald.
Once the Nords discover that there are humans in High Rock, they surmount an invasion of the province to allegedly liberate them.
Likewise, the Cyrodiilic Nedes initiate their own war against their Elven masters, inspired by the Nords victories against the Elves.
The Nordic Empire eventually joins in on this rebellion and succeed in overthrowing the Ayleids. Lots of Nords settle in Nibenay, and intermingling between them and the local humans gives birth to the Cyro-Nordic peoples, who would become the Cyrodiils. Some nomadic Cyro Nords migrate farther west and displace or incorporate the indigenous Nedes, settling in Colovia and becoming what we know as Colovians. The Cyro-Nords of the east become the Nibenese.
Eventually the only Nedes that really remained are contained in eastern Hammerfell and get completely assfucked during the Ra Gada invasion of the early ninth century.
That's pretty much it.

Then where does the huge mammoth turds and all the cow dung go? Do the animals also shit in buckets or does the shit fairie just spirit all of that shit away?

It's understandable to suspect there were Nedes who lived in parts of what is now (south-western) Morrowind based on a few references in extant first era sources.

depends on the mod

Okay, so i've been wondering what exactly IS Tonal Architecture? All I know is that it involves cutting spheres, vibrations, and getting everything wrong

Are Bretons Anuic or Padomayic?

On one hand they change things, make a bunch of adventures, are Human, revere Talos, and seem to be as Padomayic as any other race.

On the other hand they have elven ancestry, value tradition, and demonize Sheor as a demon. They even view the dichotomy of stasis vs. change as light vs. darkness respectively.

Depends on what tone you're going for.

Thank you for the insightful answers. You are truly the masters of the lore.
Btw which race has the best feet?

Khajiit
pawpads

Yes.

They're like Talos, at once Padhomic and Anuic due to being both Dovahkiin and Shezzarine

So its best to say hat they are equally aligned to Anu and Padhome, which may have been one of the factors that helped Hjalti achieve CHIM

disgusting

says the footfag

Tonal architecture is magic.
More accurately, it's using Bullshit to rewrite reality.
More more accurately, Tonal Architecture is the use of specific tones and songs to ritualistically uncreate the earthbones, that which determines natural law on Nirn. Using tonal architecture, the dwemer could basically reshape reality to what they wanted it to be. Think of it like installing a new OS on your computer while it's running.

>imperial library
>laughingmer.jpg

>Think of it like installing a new OS on your computer while it's running.
Sounds risky

>implying

Dwemer are not very sensible.

Imagine Nirn was a song.
Now imagine someone found a way to manipulate that song.

>risky
I mean, it only completely cut an entire race of people from existence.

alright, that makes sense
So when Dagoth said he was "older than song" he was really just being a huge blowhard by saying he's older than reality, when the truth was that he was tripping major balls

>Think of it like installing a new OS on your computer while it's running

You can't install anything if the computer isn't running.

Essentially
Nirn as a song and musical parallels are common throughout TES, it's just with the dwemer it pops up a lot more because musical stuff was their shtick.

Guys, you are all very lore educated. Did Vehk help or hurt the Dunmer?
Please keep the chim to a minimum, coda is unacceptable.

>Please keep the chim to a minimum, coda is unacceptable.
Ah, the boringfags are here

>Did Vehk help or hurt the Dunmer?
Yes
He did a lot of good things
He also did a few bad things
But he always did what was necessary

Well, he protected them a shit ton through out history. He gave them all the ability to breathe water and flooded Morrowind when they were invaded by Akavir.

He helped them in a hurtful way.

>Yeah. The ESO adds nothing save the occasional place name, there is nothing signifigant lore in the whole of the game.

Actually it has some interesting lore on how various gods are worshipped by different races.

It also confirms that the dumbest race are wood elves.

How do I CHIM irl?

Reminder that Orsinium is the only decent part of the game

>boringfags

You mean the "people who don't want endless pretentious waffle about high metaphysics in a discussion about earthly, tangible consequences".

>b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh Lessons
>b-b-b-b-b-b-but muh Walking Ways

Nobody cares, hyperdork.