Have had any bad RP experiences lately?

Have had any bad RP experiences lately?
I've just had a moderately awful one.

>Group i used to play with invites me to a game
>GM gives me a bunch of info about the setting, "rules" (or lack thereof; basically just roll a D20 and the GM will tell you what happens) etc.
>There is three factions: Aboriginals, Settlers and Pirates
>The other players already have established characters, they all tend towards pirates, so i create a pirate character
>GM just wants 5 basic attributes and 2 Skills (no list or anything) from me
>Create character accordingly
>Actually kinda stoked
>Game begins, other players (i'm not in this yet) arrive at an island per ship
>Giant floating island above regular island
>Players go to regular island harbour
>it's a pirate shanty town
>I get introduced (after all the NPCs in the city)
>Group wants me to help them sell their ship (it was stolen or some shit)
>Finally get to play a little bit about 2 hours in
>Lead them to shipyard, negotiate with NPC for a bit
>GM: "The shipwright wants to see if you are pirate material"
cont

Other urls found in this thread:

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Balerion
vocaroo.com/i/s0psU1U2NalS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Wants them to play some sort of minigame about drinking
>Excludes my character in favor of random NPCs
>Players win the game, get cheered on and are immediately accepted into pirate-dom
>Meanwhile, another player blows up half the city because someone grifted him.
>Pirates think it's hilarious, give him gifts etc.
>At this point (about 3 hours into the game) GM points out that the pirates already respect "the new guys" better than my character
>Didn't have opportunity to do anything really, but whatever
>Pirates invite party to drink at the local inn, a big-shot wants to talk to them
>I can come too
>Big-shot tells players about a huge shipment of supplies that is going to the "cloud city" (apparently there is a city on the floating island)
>Players start planning the "raid" (for about another 2 hours)
>GM plays big-shot, actually takes part in the planning as if he were a player
>whenever i interject, get a snarky comment about what a shitty pirate i am and how i never pull my weight around here anyway
>never stated anything of the sorts in my char description, but whatever
>one of the players often pulls the other players aside (not me) because he wants to talk "without the pirates"
>fine
cont

>initial plan is ready to go after hours of sitting at the table, imagining to sit at a table
>me and priest kinda dude will go talk to the Aboriginals of the island, other 2 will go into the cloud city and scout it out
>fine by me, maybe i'll even get to do something for once
>cloud city team just dicks around and kills a few guards and returns whithout having really accomplished anything
>my team encounters a couple of abos on the way
>they are magical telepaths
>don't talk, can't speak to them without magic
>only priest dude can talk to them
>getting kinda pissed at this point
>abos lead us to abo camp
>head-abo can speak our language, thankfully
>GM constantly points out how super duper powerful the aboriginals are
>"They are so much above you guys, you don't even realize" were his words i believe
>Being a dirty drunken pirate, i somehow manage to offend the enlightened abo leader by merely existing
>entire table glares at me
>priest dude manages to mend the situation by means of flowery hippie bullshit
>head abo agrees to help us on the day of the raid, but only because he was gonna do that anyway
>doesn't tell us what "that" is (it will be important later)
>return to pirate town
cont

>more planning
>need to get into the cloud city and hijack artillery and battle airship in order to intercept supply convoy
>get partnered up with another player (he is actually my favorite out of the bunch, so i'm hopeful) to hijack artillery on the eastern side of the city
>others will take the airship (priest dude and the guy who likes to blow up stuff)
>talk to partner, actually come up with a decent way of getting the artillery
>we will release poison gas in the eastern barracks at night, and then use the hijacked artillery to destroy the only bridge to the rest of the city
>actually works out well, GM basically lets us do it
>the other team now starts dicking around with the airship, shooting around and shit
>GM smirks
>"At that moment, the aboriginals, that were hidden all over the city appear and start wrecking shit"
>city gets ransacked by "peace loving" forest dwellers
>GM describes them as basically godlike, creating storms out of nowhere, floating around, raining meteors down on the unsuspecting citizens, etc.
>Team airship arrives to pick us up
>GM says that a huge portion of the floating island is starting to rumble and shake
cont

>it's the portion directly above the pirate town
>my characters entire friends, family and home are down there
>only thing i even moderately enjoyed about this game was the feeling of belonging to this pirate community
>i have said this throughout the game, defended the town when the others talked shit about it
>i urge the other players to at least warn the pirates down below
>priest guy is flying the airship says "nope too risky"
>i actually plead with him
>"nope my airship my rules"
>flies off
>GM describes in great detail how tons and tons of rock crush the little shanty town into absolute oblivion
>i can just watch from the window
>deus ex aboriginals still wrecking the city
>supply convoy (entire fucking point of the game) gets sunk by abos on flying reptiles (avatar much?)
>our airship flies off into the distance and the game ends

the other players then talked about how awesome the game was and congratulated the GM on the great work while pondering where their next adventure will lead them.
I just sat there quietly, actually on the verge of tears.
Why would they even invite me to this?
Last time i play with them for sure.

Genuinely makes me wonder why they invited you, although perhaps they expected you to be more forceful with butting in although it seems they shot down those attempts too.

Should have shot the dude on the airship, mutiny. Save the pirate town.

i can only imagine the shitstorm that would have rained down on me, had i so much as threatened the guy.

Hey, you probably would never get back with them, you should have gone for it.

This is more pre-RP

>Trying to get little bro (11) into TTG
>doing GURPS, but using minimal rules
>Ask him to think up of a character
>Have him read a few paragraphs about the rules to get his feet wet.
>Has zero reading comprehension and can't tell me what he just read
>Whatever. Character idea?
>He's played skyrim so I expected something like a generic murderhobo
>Gives me literally nothing but a dwarf miner or dwarf chef, which are good but he refuses to think of anything else
>7 year old sister who wants to play comes up with a traveling elf singer with a bad temper etc

Never thought my bro to be completely devoid of imagination. Such is life I suppose

sounds to me like the GM just had a favourite among the factions and would have shoehorned that ending no matter what.
Not a fan of the entire 'pocahontas' theme btw, especially if it's handled poorly, which seems to be the case.

it's just not for everyone.
play with your sis more, she seems more imaginative than a good portion of the adults i GM for.

this, pretty much. I wonder why they invited you as well.

Regardless, OP, from what you've given us you handled this as best you could. Attempting a mutiny or causing problems within the party would have lead to OOC issues possibly, while everything that happened before was at least hidden behind the veil of being IC.

Do you mind explaining more about this group? You say you used to play with them, but then they moved on for a while before inviting you back?

the group just comes together really rarely.
I actually used to be the game master of the group.
one of the players has been substituted since.

I've experienced this before to an extent, the group has already set into a certain rhythm and when someone new comes in they can't break that rhthym to let the newbie in. I had a similar experience with a skype group where the group had all known each other as kids. I basically ended up sitting the game out because every time I suggested something someone else's point was treated as more important than mine and was used to push the plot along without me. It's a bad feeling when the only reason your character is escaping the monster is not because you did something better but because the GM has forgotten it exists.

>Join a group because I haven't played in a while
>I prefer the gameplay over rp so I am hyped about trying out a character I had been min/maxing for almost a week
>Players introduce themselves
>There is a succubus PC and a character who is described as "really horny all the time"
>After every fight the two decide to take a short rest so that they can have very descriptive sex for 30 mins out of game
>End the night after fighting a total of 3 things, all of which didn't involve any mechanics just rule of cool
Needless to say I left and never went back.

>Shenlong smaller then Smaug

>A group has invited me on a holiday, we'd be playing WFRP for a week straight
>Okay, why not, so what comes to my mind first when I think of Warhammer
>I come up with an old alcoholic inquisitor, I give him some backstory, sketch him on a piece of paper, all is well
>I read up on how alcoholism works in WFRP and even get some vodka to roleplay correctly
>It was a week off anyway, I could get smashed without any repercussions

>Okay, time to meet the characters the others have made
>One guy has made the most generic elven wizard in the history of anything. He's mysterious, distant, and acts like a total twat.
>But credit where credit is due, because everyone else made this crazy mixture of a murderhobo and themselves
>You know what I'm talking about, there was absolutely no roleplaying going on at all, but the moment twenty skilled assassins appeared they'd charge to their doom "because their characters are brave and aren't afraid of anything
>The GM was a really cool guy, but he didn't realize what people he'd be dealing with, so his campaign was a murder mystery

>GM: "Okay guys, the only remaining alive witnesses , they look like grizzled veterans and all wear plate armor."
>Murderhobo #1: "OKAY GUYS I CHARGE IN"
>Elven mage twat guy: "THE SHADOWS HAVE SPOKEN, THE ARROGANT FOOLS MUST PERISH"
>GM has the look of utter horror on his face, at this very moment he realizes he has made a horrible mistake
>I notice the GM about to have a stroke in his chair, it was day one of the whole fucking week and nobody else has prepared anything
>Me: "Hhey lhads those pheople don't look lhike hhereticks, maybe we should thalk first"
>Murderhobo #2: "COME ON YOU PUSSY ARE YOU SCARED"
>The fight has broken out already, so all that's left is to join the party and hope for the best
>We all got slaughtered and have to use Fate Points
>GM throws his notebook into a bin and calls for a break

That whole week was a disaster. The GM started sobbing at one point, it was that bad.

Sounds like you experienced a cuck with a boner for niggers and his SJW clique.

>Group i used to play with
Make it that way again.

> priest owns the airship.

At which point I would have pointed out that he is wrong and that his faith owns the airship, because he is merely a priest of his religion and not a minister of his faith.

Yeah, whoever drew that chart up is pulling some serious shit out of their ass. Charizard's half the size of Toothless?

according to the pokedex, charizard is just 1.7m tall. pretty much as tall as a not very tall human male adult

Maybe they meant tall as in height?

That'd be about par for Japan. Pic related, Dante from Devil May Cry is 2m tall, but is described as "tall", or "taller than I expected".

charizard is a dragonlet.
anime just exaggerates it's size a lot

>5'7"

seems like a shitty game OP.
if you have other groups to play with, play with them.

what the hell is a balerion and where can i get one.
i mean jesus christ, is that thing in game of thrones? are they gonna fight it with spears?

i've been playing for a year now, our group mainly plays 5e

i made a campaign a while back, but i ran out of creativity and decided to take a break, while a buddy of mine took over the role of DM with us all deciding to play a premade adventure, since we were all hyped for stradh that had recently come out

anyway, the first session went well, but then my buddy asked me if i could take over DM stradh, since he already DM's two other games every week and had bitten off more than he could chew.

so a few weeks ago i took over where he left off, i spent around 8 hours preparing with reading most of the entire adventure, getting familiar with characters and events, yadda yadda. jesus christ what a clusterfuck it was to play. im not saying that the adventure was bad or anything but it was so many times harder to DM than something i've made.

i remember one part where they where supposed to find the daughter of a gypsie tribe's chief, only that the game had no way of giving the players any clues besides one of like 15 different towns rumors that a drunkard tries to fish in a lake that doesn't have any fish in it
this was a "random" plothook that was generated the same session, so i couldn't have prepared anything in advance. also, this was a vital part of the story

what do the aboriginals look like?

It's the largest dragon ever recorded in the Game of Thrones universe. It's what Drogon's owner's ancestor used to conquer pretty much everywhere.
It died of old age, and its skull is kept in the capital city, big enough to swallow cattle without chewing.

>Join short-term 5e campaign that some members of my regular group play in
>DM is a guy I've met but never really talked to, seems alright
>Friend who got me into the game tells me they need a knowledge guy
>Roll knowledge/buff focused wizard
>Whenever I roll knowledge skills to identify spells etc. get told "You can't figure it out" despite a 25+ roll
>Spend most combats casting Haste/Enlarge and hiding, popping out to heal whenever needed
>Party members start to question my usefulness
>Fight a necromancer the party has been pursuing
>Convince the party of a plan that will bring him down easily and make me look like a hero
>Things go perfectly, Polymorph into T-Rex, charge him, bite him
>DM insists I'm out of movement despite only moving 20 ft
>"Roll an INT save"
>Fail save, instantly collapse
>Basically a vegetable for the rest of the fight despite party doing everything they can to break necromancer's concentration
I don't know if I want to go back next week.

awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Balerion

wow that was real fucking difficult

>Charizard is 4 inches shorter than me
Wew lad

Although again with the sizing bullshit, the guy riding him is about 5 meters tall according to the chart.

it's a name of a dragon, the one that was used by the first targaryens to conquer a continent, pretty much.

but because dragons are rare (forcing them to breed via incest) and that they were locked up so did they become smaller and get more and more birth defects every generation, untill they died pretty much directly after hatching. the targaryens that had ruled in this time were also into some hardcore incest, to avoid diluting the "dragon blood" in their veins

That sucks man, when I was younger and didn't have a top tier group I had problems like that

blue, green or red dudes according to their element with glowing white eyes.

Just try to remember that Ash is a 10 year old Japanese boy so a 5 ft. Tall dragon might seem much bigger

2m is pretty tall already. Not a giant, but you don't see 2m tall people everyday. Except maybe in the Netherlands.

From an old PF game

>Be a Dwarf Soulforger Magus
>trying to enter castle
>Manage to bluff and say we're refugees coming here to pay respects to a fallen friend, don't want no trabble, etc.
>Captain thinks this is reasonable enough to let us in
>Except for me. He takes me inside the guard tower, time for a private session
>Party is off doing stuff, I'm in the guard tower with Captain, bit nervous
>Maybe he saw through things? Maybe that Bluff check didn't pass?
>Meet Alex the Androgynous Elf
>Our group's That Guy, but a very mild variety.
>he's one of those super manly brawlers though
>he hires a separate thief to find out my gender
>Touches things
>"Wait, are you attracted to human females or mares?"
>Nothing happens because ain't got no ranks to know that
>There is, however, a catch.
>I give him a gold piece
>step outside
>Fucker is completely worthless, makes everyone mad.
>party gets to the boss
>big ass ogre swinging and club around, people gettin fuckt left and right
>Ogre shows up, I get a crit and a regular hit
>druids turn comes up, he can heal the monk and save his life
>The ogre has never killed anyone
>Dumbest
>Weakest
>Flattest
>Game plan: Get wings, let's flap really hard!
>facepalm.jpg
>Forgot about the ogre
>a huge amount of Ogres and a literal harem of corrupted mind controlled wives.
>Game plann: anti-ogre bomb
>powerful attack hurts more than it ought to.
>bueno.jpg
>ogre tribes will go berserk
>we promptly run up a staircase.
>literally hot on our heels
>we barely escaped that keep.
>mfw

That was incoherent, maybe you shouldn't do greentext.

the fuck

Unless the original Targaryens were 8 meters tall, that chart is way fucked up.

Your sister sounds awesome; that's way better than the shit I was coming up with at age 7. I probably would've just wanted to make Goku or Dexter (from Dexter's Lab). You should nurture her creativity. She might become a writer or some other creative type that makes characters.

Also, not to trying to be a douchebag or start something or anything like that, but if your brother is 11 and really does have so little reading comprehension that he can't tell you what he just read, he may genuinely be mentally deficient.Or I am GROSSLY overestimating the reading abilities of the average 11 year old.

That was either totally unintelligible or so fucking avant-garde that it might as well be gibberish.

I think he's just impatient. He's the kind of kid who flips through the menus on video games fast as shit, something that I didn't cultivate even when I was his age. I blame all the people he watches on YouTube (Faze and CoD pros, etc. He treats them like his heroes) I love him to death, but like a lot of youth they are no match for today's oversatuated media industry.

Though I think I can beat it in him with repetition. I don't want him to turn into a manchild, and to remedy it would to play a slow paced game for a change

>balerion
>dude on his back nearly 10 meters tall
somehow he doesn't look to scale

>Shenlong literally fills the whole sky
>30m

I call bullshit.

>mystery campaign set in a spooky mansion with the PCs interacting with some other guests
>apparently they've been in that mansion for 2 weeks, but they don't recall anything
>they're just getting to know each other and the situation is really tense since a handful of guests have weapons
>there's a child among the guests
>PC immediately threatens him to tell him the truth to his questions because he assumed he was lying (no reason for him to suspect such and he wasn't lying either)
>guests ask him to calm down
>he pulls a gun and tries to aim to the kid
>guest with soldier background fast draws his own gun and shoots him before he tries to do anything.

He got upset because after it, but I don't fucking get it. I told them to be fucking careful and to think things twice before they did something stupid. I guess he got what he deserved this time, but I can't still understand why did he do that.

You're not overestimating anything, children are supposed to be able to read well by the age of 5 honestly, and that's being generous.

We demand too little of the next generation. Children aren't that stupid, as long as one is patient with them and one takes enough time to teach them properly rather than dump them in front of a screen to learn from shitty edutainment or shitty teachers who don't know fuck-all about anything

You okay there, pal?

Did I just witness user having a stroke mid-story?

No dragon size comparison chart is complete without Ancalagon

Odd that it makes slightly more sense if you read it backwards

what kind of furry shit are you playing?

Had a player rage recently and had to invoke a "scratch" after he burned a bunch of fate points. On the one hand I feel as though maybe its truly my fault, on the other hand I'm not sure if I can see anything that couldn't have been avoided by the player.

>Rogue Trader, pre-Campaign generations, I decide to jokingly flesh out the crew by using the Maid RPG generator. Players choose 1 quality and the second is rolled with 2d6, the quality must derive from those dice values but its the player's choice between the two (IE, 14 or 41)
>Because the dice gods decided to fuck us particularly that day, a choice between "sickly" and "is a part of an evil cult" was pretty common. Players tended to lean to Slaanesh for their maids backstory cults.
>I pointed out, repeatedly, that these characters would count as enemies if given proper reasoning, and it should be expected that they will betray the party at various points. They went with this anyway on the fear that I would be an asshole about "sickly" and nerf their crew to hell or something about it. Once again I said this would not be the case and it would be strictly a flavor thing only (would make it easier to explain why they can't bring their crew all willy nilly onto planets and just RTS everything).
>This player in particular had a bunch of abhumans who were marginalized by the Imperium. They hoped to get aboard the ship and beyond their laws to live freely and safely and in the meantime turned towards Chaos as a sort of comfort.
>Because holy-fucking-shit-RNJesus-what-the-fuck one of these abhumans is shot through the head and gibbed by the group's ex-Guardsman Krieger. No one really gave a shit and they ejected the corpse out of the airlock.

cont.

>Fast forward to the next session, I have the abhumans freak out over how one of their own was murdered on day one and how no one seemed to care. They felt betrayed by their respective player for not giving them the safety that was promised, and wanted to destroy the Gellar Field while they were traveling through the Warp so they can give themselves to the Ruinous Powers.
>The player decides to lock in as much of the faction as he can on the ship and attempts to reason with them. The group Psyker attempts to talk to him through the locked walls and everyone else prepares the ship for a civil war.
>His "negotiations" lasted all of 5 seconds
>After asking "What's going on" and promptly having his amassed crew just voice complaints like the angry mob they were, he screamed "Allahu Ackbar" into the comm channels and attempted to fight the party.
>He then backed out of this decision, and bitched OOC as to how everyone was against him from the start. I pointed out that he deliberately chose to make his portion of the crew Chaos cultists, what that would entail, and that he didn't even bother to make a diplomacy check or do something aside from asking the obvious.
>In the end I said he could burn 2 fate points to undo the "are actually cultists" part of his crew description

Aside from using the Maid RPG to generate npcs en-masse. Did I commit any egregious sin here Veeky Forums? Or am I right in thinking a little less of that player for not sticking through his decisions and accepting the consequences.
And for some reason simply refusing to use a diplomacy check, at all.

I'm doing metal gymnastics here trying to figure out what the fuck you're even trying to say

Can you repeat that again in English?

mines bigger

The entire plot of GoT revolves around incest.

vocaroo.com/i/s0psU1U2NalS

>Aegon the Conqueror was about 10 meters tall
Neat

>Odd that it makes slightly more sense if you read it backwards
I don't know why or how you figured that out, but I''l be damned if you aren't right.

>mfw we barely escaped that keep.
>literally hot on our heels
>we promptly run up a staircase.
>ogre tribes will go berserk
>bueno.jpg
>powerful attack hurts more than it ought to.
>Game plan: anti-ogre bomb a huge amount of Ogres and a literal harem of corrupted mind controlled wives.
>Forgot about the ogre
>facepalm.jpg
>Game plan: Get wings, let's flap really hard!
>Flattest
>Weakest
>Dumbest
>The ogre has never killed anyone
>druids turn comes up, he can heal the monk and save his life
>Ogre shows up, I get a crit and a regular hit
>big ass ogre swinging and club around, people gettin fuckt left and right
>party gets to the boss
>Fucker is completely worthless, makes everyone mad.
>step outside
>I give him a gold piece
>There is, however, a catch.
>Nothing happens because ain't got no ranks to know that
>Touches things
>he hires a separate thief to find out my gender
>he's one of those super manly brawlers though
>Our group's That Guy, but a very mild variety.
>Meet Alex the Androgynous Elf
>Maybe he saw through things? Maybe that Bluff check didn't pass?
>Party is off doing stuff, I'm in the guard tower with Captain, bit nervous
>Except for me. He takes me inside the guard tower, time for a private session
>Captain thinks this is reasonable enough to let us in
>Manage to bluff and say we're refugees coming here to pay respects to a fallen friend, don't want no trabble, etc.
>trying to enter castle

>Be a Dwarf Soulforger Magus

>week straight of roleplay
>GM breaks down sobbing

I am intrigued, any more stories from this event?

>>Meet Alex the Androgynous Elf
>>Our group's That Guy, but a very mild variety.
>>he's one of those super manly brawlers though
>>he hires a separate thief to find out my gender
>>Touches things
Is this your way of telling us you were sexually abused?

>using the Maid RPG to generate npcs en-masse.
I see nothing wrong with this

>I was sort of buzzed reading this
>thinking I might have had a stroke

glad it wasn't me, what the fuck was this garbage?

show us on the golem where he touched you

Unconscious metagaming. Spooky campaign, only one kid, kids in spooky shit are hiding things (often that they're secretly evil monsters). He probably thought he was short circuiting a bunch of shit he'd have to deal with later.

>children are supposed to be able to read well by the age of 5 honestly, and that's being generous.

I don't understand America. Half you seem to think this, while the other half seem to think it's fine to still be in diapers by this age.

And all of you seem to think still believing in Santa at twelve is fine. Then again, most of you believe in god even as adults.

Now that was a bummer, I actually read 4 walls of text and the expected Big Guy part never came. Especially the drama on the airship at the end seemed like a perfect setup for "perhaps he's wondering why you would shoot a priest before throwing him out of an airship"

(You)

It's not necessarily bait if he's right.
That being said, Santa isn't really a thing beyond seven, for the most part.

Yes, we too have tv steryotypes of your country.

Like the food made of wood, the overflowing muslims and real money when we all know you trade with rocks and sexual favors.

Honestly mate, that sounds great on your part. I'm totally stealing this method.

It's mostly his fault. You could have warned him before he charged in ('are you sure you want to do that'), but, frankly, unless he's new then he should know how the WH40k universe works and basic action/consequence for RPGs in general.

>Santa isn't really a thing beyond seven, for the most part.
>And all of you seem to think still believing in Santa at twelve is fine.
Protip: the longer you say you believe in Santa, the longer you get presents from Santa.

I believe in Santa.

Sure, I have quite a few stories about that group.

>We have to infiltrate an abandoned castle, rumors are there is a vampire lord running the place
>The castle is really big, so we find a room that we make our base of operations
>I take all the necessary safety measures - I lock the door, cover the windows, that sort of shit
>Murderhobos don't give a fuck, they all sit there laughing about how cool infiltrating a castle is
>After an hour, we all take our fighting gear and begin exploring
>Suddenly, in a big courtyard, we see a vampire, he didn't spot us
>But he doesn't look like a lord, so we stand a chance if we think this through carefully
>Alternatively, we could just sneak around him, killing it wasn't our objective anywa-
>Murderhobo #1: "I CHARGE IN"
>Elven mage twat guy: "I CAST MAGICAL ARROWS"
>Murderhobo #2: "I CHARGE IN TOO"
>Shit, this is bad, the vampire will wreck them if they just suicide into him
>I decide to stay back and quickly prepare all my vampire killing stuff, holy water, pegs, that sort of shit
>Murderhobo #1 misses the vampire, gets knocked unconscious next round
>Elven mage twat guy doesn't even cast the spell, he rolls 2 and 2 and ends up shitting his pants because Tzeentch
>Murderhobo #2 hits the vampire, but his attack does jack shit because it's a fucking vampire we're talking about
>I'm finally ready to join the fight, but I'm last in the initiative queue
>20 minutes and all my utility items later we kill the bitch, but everyone except me is gravely injured
>I haul everyone back to our base of operations on my back, apply first aid, use my precious healing potions on the idiots
>I could just leave them to rot there, but the backstory was that we're good friends, so I don't want to complicate things any further for the GM

cont.

>Next day, everyone is fine but my character is tired as fuck
>Murderhobo #1: "I AM A THIEF SO I TRY TO STEAL THE INQUISITORS POUCH"
>You what
>I just saved your ass you asshole, what do you mean you steal my pouch, why the fuck would you steal my pouch right now
>I mean what the fuck, what kind of character even does that, are you Doctor Evil or some shit
>The GM looks at him in disbelief and lets me roll perception +30 whether I'll wake up and notice
>I wake up and notice
>I shove him back, shouting at him
>Murderhobo #1: "WELL HE ATTACKED SO I ATTACK HIM BACK WITH MY AXE"
>Murderhobo #2: "I HELP MURDERHOBO #1 BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE HE TRIED TO STEAL HIS POUCH"
>They straight up murder me and throw me out of a window
>It was 30 meters down
>Logically, I'd have to subtract two Fate Points, one for getting stabbed in the throat and the second one for getting chucked out a window
>The GM has the weirdest look on his face, he says that I fell in the moat and that I don't have to subtract two Fate Points, just one
>Next day, the party suicides into the vampire lord and dies

Want more? This shit was a goldmine.

Maybe it's payback for some slight they perceived from when you were GM.

Sounds like you were pulled in specifically to be dicked around with. I think whatever your character or whatever he did, you'd have been treated the same. It's a one off so no big deal, just no need to play with them again.

"Whole group has frequent side meetings without you" is a sign of major assholery.

Not him but please do go on, I love the feeling of general rage I get from these stories.

I do. Just quit. Crappy DMs don't get play style makeovers in a week.

Except for the last part, it actually makes more sense

>As you know from earlier, my character was an alcoholic and to roleplay correctly, I brought vodka with me
>Inquisitor Dietrich was drunk all the time, and so were I
>Despite being shitfaced, I was somehow the most reasonable player in the room
>Anyway
>We find out there was a fighting community in the city we are in
>We need to find a murderer during one of their meetings
>Just find a dude, we know everything about how to find him, where and when
>Our plan involves me interrogating him because I am an inquisitor and knew how to do it
>Two hours before we depart from the tavern, the murderhobos decide that "I'M TOO DRUNK TO ACCOMPANY THEM"
>I rolled for the effects alcohol had on me that day just ten minutes ago
>It was just -10 to all stats, I was tipsy but perfectly capable of doing pretty much everything ordinary
>Me: "Guys, I am perfectly fine, what is your proble-"
>Murderhobo #1: "I BREAK A CHAIR ON JOHN'S HEAD AND LOCK HIM IN MY ROOM"
>Did I mention that nobody was capable of remembering the name Dietrich
>John isn't even my real name, they decided to call my character that because it was easy to remember
>Anyway
>They knock me unconscious and lock me in a dark room without any means to escape
>I am forced to wait for them to return and untie me
>After some asking around, they find the underground community and decide that the best way to find a person is to join the community
>Join the community instead of asking someone where dude A is
>Everyone knows the dude and nobody likes him, just fucking ask
>In their boundless brilliance they decide that if they win the ongoing tournament someone will tell them where that guy is
>Unsurprisingly, they lose in the second round and decide to insult the current champion
>They get their asses handed to them, and they get thrown out of the building
>The guy we were looking for got scared, escaped the town and changed his identity

The campaign was irreparably broken at that point

>Slowly scales up in size
>suddenly Ancalagon

Go to a Pathfinder Society game two years ago.
>DM female
>Says she will run it in English
>One guy doesn't speak English well
>Ruins immersion because I prefer the DM to act and speak properly not just read English text to me
>That Guy at the table who tries to intimidate everything and says he is half drow secretly or whatever and has dragon blood and some other bullshit I don't even want to remember
>Party wipe because of the stupid actions of That Guy and DM arbitiraly killing him off.
>It was a rollplay and not a roleplay
>Never go to this kind of events again

I am genuinely impressed that not only did you do this, but you also managed to get through this without tripping up at all.

I was expecting What the fuck did you just...

>I used it for the ship's machine spirit too and unironically generated Microsoft's Clippy
>Secretly want the Mechanicus to roll insanity whenever they deal with it directly

Aye. For the method I made a different maid faction for each player and whatever they rolled, no matter how ridiculous, was made to fit the lore.
One faction is infected with the Obliterator virus. The party is split on whether or not to purge them. "Leaders" of the factions were made using Butler templates, there is not a leader for each individual faction though, just however many you feel is needed. The ship's machine spirit is the "Master" although that bit is more of a joke than anything else.

Thanks user. It is a new group but I explained everything in advance at least twice. This was less to do with the lore than it was "They will betray you if given a reason. Being shot at counts as a reason."

I didn't get to kill them all with my saintly maids. :(
-A disappointed Krieger

Agreed, then again Shenlong can alter his size at will. He can be as tall as a tree or bigger than a 5 storey building. Mostly because they never bothered to keep his size consistent.

Forgot pic because I am a retard.

He gets bigger.

True but let us stick to his first form that is pictured on the chart instead of his "final form".

This scale on that image is just plain wrong. I'm not saying that what the creator's listed as their height (such as Charizard in the Pokedex) isn't represented on the chart, but definitely in the media itself (such as Charizard in anime) they are portrayed differently. Besides Charizard, another example is that Shenlong is far bigger than Drogon and an ES dragon

Charizard is the same in the anime. Ash is 10 so he might not even be 5ft since he's sorta Asian.