Dragonball Quest #37

>>Previous threads

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?searchall=dragonball quest

>>Information

This quest, as the title suggests, takes place in the world of Dragon Ball. You're playing as a thirteen year old boy named Tofoo, and will adventure through the story of the Dragonball series alongside characters such as Goku, Yamcha, Bulma, Tien, and many others. Through your actions, you can make significant changes to the story, and perhaps even become the strongest fighter on Earth.

>Rules

At the end of each update you'll have ten minutes to vote on options. Write-ins are allowed, but I do reserve the right to veto them.

In the event of a draw, the option to receive the next vote wins

Rolls will be used on certain occasions, such as attempting a technique for the first time or attempting something extremely difficult. You will have three rolls, and if one succeeds, you succeed. There are no crits.

Rolls are made AFTER an option wins, not during the voting process

I hope everyone has fun.

>Current Saga

Commander Red

>>youtube.com/watch?v=qs-SONWYHtM

Smoke rises in the distance.

With a new attack, you've shot down a Red Ribbon helicopter, and kept the four star ball out of their hands for a little while longer.

But, you suspect Tao will be back. And, if he does return, you and Goku will be no match for him, especially with your injuries.

Really, it's a wonder that you aren't dead. Tao's Dodon Ray packed a lot of power, and you couldn't do anything to stop it. And yet, here you are, with a decent sized hole in your arm, but otherwise okay.

You hear groaning, and turn to look at the ground behind you.

Goku's eyes are slowly opening, and he looks almost as if he's waking from the dead.

"W-who-" he mumbles before his vision clears.

In an instant, the life returns to his eyes, and a grin appears on his face.

"Tofoo!" he shouts, jumping to his feet. "You're okay!"

>A. You're glad he's alright, too

>B. Ask what happened to him

>C. Tell him that Tao will be back for the four star ball, and that the two of you need to be ready when he comes

>D. Suggest climbing Korin Tower

>E. Something else

>>C. Tell him that Tao will be back for the four star ball, and that the two of you need to be ready when he comes

>A. You're glad he's alright, too
>C. Tell him that Tao will be back for the four star ball, and that the two of you need to be ready when he comes

>>C. Tell him that Tao will be back for the four star ball, and that the two of you need to be ready when he comes
>>D. Suggest climbing Korin Tower

"I'm glad you're okay, too," you tell your friend.

Goku pauses, frowning and looking himself over. "How am I alive? That attack hit me right in the heart."

"The Dragonball," Bora tells him. "You had it in your shirt, and it protected you from the blast."

Looking down to the ground, Goku bends over and picks up the four star Dragonball, staring into it.

"Grandpa..." you hear him say. "I guess you're still watching over me."

You warn Goku that Tao will be back, and that the two of you need to find a way to be ready when he comes.

"Yes, and if you aren't, I doubt you will be so lucky a second time," Bora cautions.

Knowing the man is right, you suggest to Goku that the two of you make the climb up Korin Tower.

If the story is true, and there's a water at the top that can make the two of you stronger, it just might be enough for the two of you to defeat Tao. It's a longshot, but you don't have many other options.

Goku turns to the tower, staring up where it disappears into the cloud.

"Let's do it," he tells you with a determined expression.

>A. Begin the climb

>B. Tell Bora and Upa that they should hide in case Tao comes back

>C. Suggest using Goku's Nimbus to fly up

>D. Something else

>>A. Begin the climb

>A. Begin the climb

>A. Begin the climb

>A. Begin the climb

You tell Bora and Upa that the two of them should hide in case Tao comes back.

"It would do us no good," Bora tells you. "I have seen men like Tao before. Until he finds what he is after, he will never stop. When he returns, there will be no hiding."

Upa begins to tremble, and his father gives him a warm smile.

"Besides, living in fear is hardly a life worth living," Bora tells his son before looking back at you. "If Tao returns before you do, then I will fulfill my duty and protect these sacred lands."

"We'll be back in time," Goku tells Bora. "We promise."

"Then be swift, young warriors," Bora tells the two of you. "And may fortune be with you."

You and Goku look to each other before beginning the climb. Moving at top speed, you quickly go so high that you can't even see your two new friends.

Passing through clouds, you see that there is still much more tower to go, and the top is still nowhere in sight.

Another thing you notice is that Goku appears to be moving faster than you. That strikes you as odd, as you've been faster than Goku since the tournament.

He doesn't seem all that aware that he's outrunning you, either too focused to notice, or assuming that you're just trying to conserve strength.

>A. Ask Goku if he thinks the legend is true

>B. Ask Goku what happened with Tao

>C. Keep focused, and keep climbing

>D. Something else

>>C. Keep focused, and keep climbing

>>C. Keep focused, and keep climbing
fucking bullshit saiyan crap, balance your races toriyama

You'll just have to find a way to catch up. After all, the whole point of Goku's character was that hard work can overcome natural talent.

>hard work can overcome natural talent
>while being a sayian
That is some Naruto level hypocracy

Yeah, but what if the guy with natural talent also works as hard as us.

Fucking space monkey bullshit.

But they use the idea of zenkai a fuck tonne later on in Z, that isn't hard work it's just getting your ass beat. Ball is where Goku's character meant that

And Z up through the Saiyan Saga

Then work smarter, not just harder. Your weighted training clothes were a good start

space monkey bullshit SOM, we simply can not stay relevant unless we have a similar level of bullshit

How far off would a gravity chamber be? Also, how much heavier can we make our training clothes? I want to reach Pikkon levels of weight before Z.

We should do cold training next, basically crash at Suno's place this time for the tournament. The climate is basically going to improve our breathing and energy usage, at the same time increase our speed since the cold is going to make our muscles stiffen until we get used to the climate, as well as increase our endurance.

You don't have time to worry about the difference in strength between you and Goku. Right now, what matters is that the two of you reach the top of Korin Tower, and drink the water.

The two of you continue your climb, hours passing you by. You're forced to slow down as you grow tired, and as the sun begins to set, you suffer in the heat just as Bora did.

Each time you feel too exhausted to go on, or feel like giving up, you picture Tao's smirking face, or Goku's lifeless gaze. These images give you the strength to continue.

Night finally rolls around, and as it moves on, Goku stops moving, clinging to a ledge.

"I think I need a quick nap," he tells you.

>A. Alright, sounds good

>B. Tell him he can nap, but you're going to keep going

>C. Challenge Goku to see who can go the longest without having to stop (75)

>D. Something else

>>C. Challenge Goku to see who can go the longest without having to stop (75)

Dice gods have mercy.

>punch a hole into the tower that is big enough to rest in

>Desecrating the tower

Not a bad idea

A while off, since you'd have no cause to think of it

Sounds like quitter talk to me

How much heavier can we make our clothes with our current tech?

Realism though, as it stands we're a normal human being, not a superhuman, not a super saiyan nor a super namekian. Hard work was the point of DBZ but it was the aliens who scaled into lategame while the humans were as useless as martials when compared to casters

I could have suggested suplex in a chunk of tower to make the hole.

Bulma would have no trouble making your clothes at least twice as heavy

Keep in mind that by Z Krillin's training was shooting Kamehameha Waves into the ocean, and Tien's was fucking off to a wasteland with Chiaotzu. Hardly the same kind of training the Saiyans and Piccolo were doing

ROLL

Rolled 38 (1d100)

Rolled 52 (1d100)

Because they couldn't really train themselves to be physically stronger anymore as humans have a defined limit
Rawling

Rolled 46 (1d100)

we gon die

Rolled 60 (1d100)

Rolled 59 (1d100)

Make Tofoo great again

Got a source for that other than your ass? 17 and 18 were as strong as Super Saiyans, and, according to Toriyama, they could get stronger through training

You aren't ready to give up just yet, and you don't want to leave Goku behind.

So, you challenge him to see which of you can go the longest without stopping.

The prospect of a challenge gets Goku's attention, and the two of you continue to race up the tower. You give it your all, and keep pushing yourself.

However, after about an hour, it becomes too much. You find a ledge, and fall asleep.

When you wake up, Goku is snoring just above you, and the sun is shining once more.

>A. Go wake Goku

>B. Get moving, Goku can catch up

>C. Something else

>A. Go wake Goku

>17 and 18 were as strong as Super Saiyans

They were cyborgs, though. not full human.

>A. Go wake Goku

Yet, they were still capable of improving beyond the level of strength Gero's cybernetics had given them

17 and 18 weren't normal humans. They were Cyborgs/Androids.

>A. Go wake Goku
So what you're saying is we need to get Bulma to upgrade us

Did Gero upgrade certain parts of their anatomy? Could Bulma upgrade ours?

>A. Go wake Goku

They weren't strong naturally though, it was through cybernetics that they were able to improve. Not pure humans.

>>A. Go wake Goku

You climb up to the spot where Goku sleeps, and shake him a bit to wake him up.

He yawns, rubbing his left hand over his eyes and looking around. "Oh, good morning, Tofoo."

The two of you resume your climb, refreshed and able to move swiftly once again. You're determined to reach the top before the sun falls again, and that pays off, as soon, you can see the top.

You and Goku climb the rest of the way, finding that the pillar leads up to some sort of round structure, with holes in the bottom that the two of you can climb through.

The two of you find yourselves in a large room. It's clear that someone lives here, as there's a bed, a dresser, a bathtub, and a few shelves.

"Well, we're here," Goku says. "I wonder where the sacred water is."

The two of you look around a bit, before seeing three large jars on the ground.

"Maybe it's in there," Goku suggests as the two of you approach it.

>A. Open the jar to your left

>B. Open the middle jar

>C. Open the jar to your right

>D. You don't think that's it

>E. Something else

>D, call out to see if anyone is home

>C. Open the jar to your right

Because right is always right.

>A. Open the jar to your left

Deadlock

"I don't think that's it," you tell Goku.

You take another look around the room, sure that somebody has to be here.

"Hello! Is anybody home?" you call out.

"Yeah!" a voice calls down to you.

Goku turns away from the jars, looking for the source of the sound. "Where are you?"

"Upstairs!" the voice answers. "Come on up."

You see a doorway at the other side of the room, beyond which is a staircase.

"Oh, we weren't at the top after all," Goku tells you as you make your way across the room.

The two of you climb the stairs, finding yourselves atop the tower, with only a roof above you. Railings line the area, presumably to keep you from falling off, and in the center sits four elephant statues, holding up a bottle.

"Where are you?" Goku asks.

"Right here," the voice says from behind you.

You turn around to see a chubby, white-haired cat standing on two legs and holding a staff.

>A. Ask who he is

>B. Korin?

>C. Ask about the sacred water

>D. Something else

>B. Korin?

>B. Korin?

>B. Korin?
Go pet his head

>>B. Korin?

"Korin?" you ask.

The cat stares at you. At least, you think he does, you can't really tell if his eyes are open or closed.

"That's right, kid," he confirms. "I'm Korin, guardian of the tower."

"Wow, really?" Goku asks.

"Not what you were expecting?" Korin asks your friend.

"Uh-uh," Goku says, shaking his head.

"Gotta say, you two are in pretty good shape for a couple of kids," Korin says. "I enjoyed watching your climb. So, what brings you all the way up here?"

You tell Korin that you're here for the Sacred Water.

"The Sacred Water, huh?" Korin asks. "Nobody ever comes up here just to say "hello"."

Korin walks past you and Goku, approaching the elephant statues.

"Sorry boys, but the answer's no," he tells you.

"What do you mean, no?" Goku asks in shock.

"I mean, you can't have the water," Korin explains, keeping his back turned to the two of you.

"But we've climbed all this way!" Goku insists. "And now we need something to drink. Isn't that how it works?"

Korin chuckles. "I don't know, is it?"

He turns back, walking over to you and Goku. "And what would you do with the power of the Sacred Water?"

>A. Protect your friends

>B. Fight bad people

>C. Stay alive

>D. Something else

>B. Fight bad people

>A. Protect your friends

>A. Protect your friends

>B. Fight bad people

>B. Fight bad people

>>A. Protect your friends
They kinda get in trouble like, all the time.

>A. and B.

Protect our friends by beating up bad people.

"I would fight bad people and protect my friends," you tell Korin.

Goku nods in agreement.

"Noble goals for two children," Korin comments. "And how is it that you came to seek the Sacred Water, anyhow?"

"Well, we were looking for my Grandpa's Dragonball," Goku begins. "And then we met Bora and Upa, and while we-"

"Alright, stop talking," Korin instructs.

"Stop talking?" Goku asks irritably. "But you said."

"Just let me read your mind," Korin says.

"Read my mind?" Goku asks.

Korin stares silently at Goku for several seconds, then does the same to you.

"So, you need the Sacred Water so you can defeat Mercenary Tao and stop the Red Ribbon Army from collecting all of the Dragonballs, is that the gist of it?" Korin asks.

"How did you-" Goku starts.

"Like I said, I read your minds," Korin interrupts. "Now look, it just ain't your time."

"We came all the way up here!" Goku shouts.

"Yeah, I caught that," Korin says. "Sorry, but the answer is still no."

"I will drink!" Goku declares.

Korin sighs. "Fine. The Sacred Water is in that bottle on top of the statues. Take it and drink up."

"Okay," Goku says, rushing over and beginning to climb on top of the statues.

Before Goku can grab the bottle, Korin smacks him in the head with his staff.

Goku falls to the ground, rubbing his head and glaring at the cat.

"What was that for?!" Goku shouts. "You said I could drink!"

"Did I?" Korin asks, stroking his chin. "Well then, don't mind me, go ahead."

Goku gets up, and jumps at the bottle, only for Korin to leap up and kick him away.

>A. Ask Korin what he's doing

>B. Tell Goku this is because he was being rude

>C. Ask Korin politely if you can drink

>D. Something else

>D. Something else
After Image to the water

We're a guest in this house.

"What are you doing?" you ask the cat.

He hooks his staff through a ring on the bottle, pulling the water from atop the statues and down to him.

"You can have the water, if you can take it from me," he tells you.

Challenge accepted.

You rush toward Korin as fast as you can, though the cat doesn't react in the slightest to your approach. Leaping at him, you use the Afterimage technique, and rush him from behind, hoping to grab the water.

Instead, all you get is a kick to the face from the clever cat.

"Ah, the Old Afterimage technique," Korin observes as you fall to the ground. "A nice trick, but not enough to trick me."

"How about this?" Goku asks.

Your friend begins moving swiftly around, leaving Afterimage after Afterimage behind. You can't keep great track of how many there are, since they fade in and out of existence so quickly, but there are definitely more than three.

"Alright, let's fine the real you," Korin says, looking around before leaping at one of the Goku's.

The real Goku appears behind Korin, leaping at the cat, only to pass through an Afterimage.

The real Korin attacks Goku from the side, kicking him and sending him flying past you.

The cat lands calmly, yawning.

>A. Try a double Afterimage (40)

>B. Triple Afterimage (60)

>C. Bear Shout at his feet, and go for the water when he dodges

>D. Kamehameha at his feet, and go after the water when he dodges

>E. Something else

Make the second one seem like we are sweeping his feet and the third one appear above him while we aim at his side.

>>B. Triple Afterimage (60)

ROLL

Rolled 66 (1d100)

Rolled 11 (1d100)

das it mang

Rolled 19 (1d100)

Good work

You rush toward Korin as fast as you can, leaping at him before using the Afterimage technique to get behind him, where you leave a second Afterimage that sweeps at his legs.

"Same old tricks," Korin says as he turns toward the second Afterimage. "Wait a minute."

You create a third Afterimage at his side, and he looks over at it, smacking at its head with his staff.

That's when you come at him from behind, and you come so agonizingly close to grabbing the bottle before Korin lowers the staff, jumping up and head butting you in the gut.

You're sent toward the ceiling, and watch as Goku begins chasing Korin in circles around the statues.

Korin hops on top of the statues, and Goku jumps after him, only to be kicked and sent flying right into you.

The two of you fall to the ground in a tangled heap.

"Ready to give up, boys?" Korin asks.

>A. Get up and attack again

>B. Bear Shout, and attack when he dodges

>C. Kamehameha, and attack when he dodges

>D. Energy shot, and attack when he dodges

>E. Tell Goku to use the Afterimage technique at the same time as you to try and throw Korin off

>F. Something else

>E. Tell Goku to use the Afterimage technique at the same time as you to try and throw Korin off

>B. Bear Shout, and attack when he dodges

>F. Something else
Tell Goku to keep Korin distracted long enough for us to use the wind technique Jackie Chun used to knock the staff from his hands.

>>E. Tell Goku to use the Afterimage technique at the same time as you to try and throw Korin off

Going for it, since we aren't in danger of getting killed if we do it here