What does Veeky Forums drive?

Veeky Forums here, kinda curious.

What do you all drive?
Do you drive with a license?
Do you consider yourself a good driver?
What is your affordable dream car?

I drive a 1995 Integra GS-R, what about ya'll?

Ancient ramshackle of bike, but I'd like to get a new one seen. Possibly Brompton or some other folder.

It's a 1322 Magiweave CloudChaser-S.

Shitty acceleration, but it's got perfect suspension.

A 2000 teal Pontiac Sunfire. Nothing special, gets me from A to B.

>do you drive with a license
I really fucking hope you do.

>sunfire
I actually had one of those as my first car. Ended up blowing the engine so I could have an excuse to get a new car.
I was mean to that little baby, it was fun though. Automatic?

>Just got M endorsement
>About to buy first cruiser
>Can't pick between Indian or Harley

Help me Veeky Forums

2010 Subaru Forrester. It's pretty damn reliable and the offroad capabilities are useful for camping and winter. Especially winter.

Used to drive a '98 Ford Taurus, every trip to and from work was a white knuckle experience.

A Schwinn I bought from Wal-Mart like 8 years ago for $120. It's fairly reliable and came with an oversized seat that is pretty comfortable.

I dunno, I've been browsing for a while and most of the posters here seem the kind of people that don't realize you have to get these things renewed.

>Harley
>good for anything but drinking gas and making lots of noise

Get an indian unless you have a boner for a particular harley, mate.

Taurus are fun, especially first gen sho's.

A 2010 Hyundai Accent. It's a beat up piece of shit that I got free because mom upgraded to a brand new truck, but it's my beat up piece of shit. I'm a decent driver, I guess. And I really don't know enough about cars to have a dream car.

I inherited a 2010 Ford Focus from my dead uncle which is serviceable enough, but I'm more of a bike guy. Last year, I bought a used Kawasaki Ninja ZX14, which is pretty much my dream bike.

im an excellent driver

Oh come on mate, you gotta have something you'd like to drive soon.
My integra was 5k on the dime, bone stock (rare as hell for these, they're ricerbaby's first project), under 120k miles (115k on the mark).

Come on user, cars are love, cars are life.

>2010 focus
hatch or sedan?

>beater CRX
my nigga

The bike is going to be little more than a work bike, literally driving 10 minutes to work and back in a warm part of the US.

Is either maker better for learning basic bike mechanics?

How is this even remotely relayed to tabletop games?

>Oh come on mate, you gotta have something you'd like to drive soon.
Dude. Between internship and part time job that never has any hours, I'm working 6-7 days a week and making less than 6k a year doing it. I can't afford to spit in the direction of a new car, much less buy one.

What does this have to do with anything Veeky Forums?

I would go with Indian. Harley likes to see themselves as a "premium" brand and have a tendency to upcharge everything from zip ties to bolts just because of the badge on the package.

Indian meanwhile just makes good, reliable bikes.

Harley might teach you more (just because it'll break more), Indian might take care of you if you take care of it.

Well, I'm asking Veeky Forums what they drive, as the thread implies. But it's okay, I rode the bus once too.

>Internship
what're you an intern for?

I have a bicycle. Well, two actually, but I shouldn't brag.

>not combining them into a quadcycle
Fuck pleb.

I'm asking you what you drive.
These kind of replies tell me you don't drive.

And what does this question have to do with games?

Would it help if we made it a stat your transport thread?

Don't you have a quest thread to go get banned in?

To be fair, this thread is still just as relevant to tabletop gaming as the Elder Scrolls "lore" thread.

Or the steam sale thread.
Or the thinly veiled brexit discussion thread.

Figures that someone too dumb to get the point of having different boards for different topics would be a questfag.

These kind of answers tell me that you're fully aware that you're shitposting.

>he thinks I care about quests

I really don't, I was just showing you exactly how little most of this board has to do with your perceived definition of "tabletop gaming".

We get it, you're either underage or underachieving, and have no method of transportation.
Fuck off.

>Who are you interning for
Computer refurbishment company. In theory I am supposed to be learning things about day to day tech support needs. In practice, my days are closer to
>Load up hand cart full of old shitty computers
>Check BIOS for specs. Is it a 2.4ghz dual core processor? (Note: This is a very low standard that over half the comps will not meet) Yes? Crack open case, remove hard drive, close case, deposit in safe room
>No? Crack open case, remove hard drive, put in drilled HD, dismantle and wreck it as much as I feel like, goes in a different pile to be sold as scrap
It's an exciting day when we go out to collect two hundred old monitors and thirty old towers because Company laid off a hundred people and needs to ditch excess hardware.

No, GURPS has horrible vehicle rules. Most games do.

So what do you drive, user?
I'll only keep shitposting if you do.

That actually sounds half interesting.
My dad was a techie at a gas company and used to bring home any thrown out computer hardware and we'd build towers from them and sell em for 50-100 a piece.
What's the end-goal?

I actually am interested in a "Stat my vehicle" thread. might make it tonight or tomorrow.

If you're not wiring together bitcoing mining rig out of several dozens computers that just barely don't meet the specs and running it on the company electricity bill, you're doing it wrong.
Also you can still pawn some RAMs that would be scraped otherwise, right?

>Harley might teach you more (just because it'll break more), Indian might take care of you if you take care of it.

Is there any other entry level cruisers, preferably American made, that are worth looking at? Again, 10,000 or there abouts is what I am looking to spend, not second hand.

Oh look, it's a waste of space of a thread.

>busriders

sorry man, I've a layman's knowledge of bikes because I had an ex gf who was interested in them, most of what I rattled off is what she told me, take it with a grain of salt.

>image
As expected of a shitposter's car.

Fuck that image cracks me up

>no image
as expected of a busrider.

>What's the end-goal?
End goal is, we get a refurbishment request from a nonprofit company, haul one of the comps out of the safe room at random, toss in an 80 gig SSD (Very high tech and fast, very small), upgrade to 4 gigs of RAM if needed, install Windows 7 over the network using a disk image, jnstall various requested programs also over the network, fix any driver issues (Fuck laptops, just saying), sell to nonprofits for a couple hundred bucks.
That part of my job I actually enjoy, except when some random piece of shit driver refuses to fucking work, fuck them.
My personal endgame is to get an actual job at a small company or at Best Buy or some shit, take my current $12 an hour salary, and apply it to a full or near full time job so I can start rebuilding my savings and not being a poorfag.
>Also you can still pawn some RAMs that would be scraped otherwise, right?
Dude, RAM is fucking cheap these days, you can get eight gigs for like 40 bucks on one stick. It's simply not worth the risk to steal it from my job.

public transport ftw

>private transport ftw

>nonprofit
>buying overpriced garbage
No surprise.

>What do you all drive?
97 Ranger
>Do you drive with a license?
Of course. its the law :^)
>Do you consider yourself a good driver?
I do
>What is your affordable dream car?
Im not sure really I would probably just work more on my ranger because I like it a lot

It's not stealing if they are throwing it away anyway.
Is the company selling trash cases for scrap metal? Passive coolers also fetch a decent price because aluminum.

moot, in his farewell, lamented that there was too much hostility between the boards, each acting as a subculture that wanted nothing to do with the rest of the site.

While routine off-topic posting is a legitimate concern, a one-off thread like this one isn't the worst thing that's ever happened, and might be a chance to break out of some of the routines we've fallen into while expanding our sphere of discussion.

There's a lot that can be learned from the other boards, and collaborating on projects like asking Veeky Forums for their insight on a racing game or Veeky Forums for their opinions on how to best design a cooking RPG shouldn't be so rare and unthinkable.

While OP could have done a bit of a better job and I'm not so keen on this thread becoming a habit, there's nothing wrong with enjoying it for what it is and perhaps trying to steer the discussion towards traditional games, like asking "What's kind of car does the stereotypical THAT GUY drive?"

>would rather work on his ranger

excellent fucking taste user.
Make it a mini Raptor.

OP here
I didn't expect this thread to get more than 20 replies.
Nor do I really plan on making this a habit per se.
I appreciate all the bumps from people though.

Driving is fun enough if you don't have to do it for a regular, busy commute, but it doesn't have the inherent nobility of the bus or the train.

thanks user. I just find the larger trucks overkill

The trash computers get given to another company that breaks them down for scrap metal. And that company's boss is in the office almost every day, and the whole reason for the drilled hard drives is that they inspect and weigh the cases and no HD would throw the weight off. Also, tiny office. It's a whole lot of stupid risk for a minimal return.
Sorry for turning this Veeky Forums thread on Veeky Forums into a /g/ lite thread

You're doing that as an unpaid internship? That's not fucking job training, you're being exploited dude.

I understand, the age of the midsize truck is over, and the light truck was killed by Gov't regulation.

I commute through about an hour of traffic to and from work 5 days a week, it's not so bad.
Then again, driving is literally my main hobby, so I'm a little biased.

it's basically the offtopic discussion thread, all good.

>>Driving is fun enough if you don't have to do it for a regular, busy commute
Meanwhile, in commuter town
>Head out a little early so I can get to work early
>Hit every single red light in the five mile trip
>Stuck behind one red light for 4 or 5 whole minutes
>Hands are stuck to the wheel because I'm surrounded by maniacs jumping lanes at random without signaling
>20 minutes late
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>taking streets that have red lights instead of jumping on the nearest interstate
you deserved it senpai

As long as the techie user can put it on his CV, it's pretty damn standard internship.

America should be illegal.

That sounds like a whole lot of hassle for what's essentially a junk scavenging. But yeah, under those circumstances, pocketing stuff doesn't seem viable.

user most people wouldn't know what to do if you gave them all the parts to build a computer.
all considering they're not ripping them off near as much as they could.

This is my DD, freshly detailed. Feels good, man

>boxster
Make sure your engine isn't going to blow up, they have a nasty issue with that.
Is it over 100,000 miles or have you already gotten the engine pulled and replaced?

Honestly? From what the salvage boss has said, pretty much nothing in those computers is worth shit now. 2 512 meg mem sticks that might not even fit a modern computer? Worthless. 80 gig HD? Worthless. Processor? Worthless. Literally none of it has any worth except as scrap, and scrap is only valuable by weight, which is why the weighing thing. He's straight up said that an ancient beige box from IBM is more valuable than a more recent comp to him simply because it weighs more.

2000 Holden Astra

97 Taurus. Thanks Grandma.

Must have gotten some premium package because it can move for a v6.

But I intend on buying a used '11 or '14 Mustang soon because I make only good decisions in life.

I just need to learn how to drive stick first.

I'm well aware of the IMS bearing issue on the M96 engine. So good so far.
I just rolled over 31,000 km

Veeky Forums is my home board, but I'm also an Veeky Forumstist.
>What do you all drive?
1992 Honda Prelude
>Do you drive with a license?
Of course.
>Do you consider yourself a good driver?
Better than most, but far from perfect.
>What is your affordable dream car?
RX-7 FD

95 Ford Ranger
08 KLR 650
13 Ninja 300
Why?

It's easy as hell mate, OP with the Integra.
Was my first manual car, as soon as I got my hands out of my ass and stopped being afraid of it breaking every time I stalled I had it down in about a month of practicing once a week.
After that it's just learning the gear ratio for the car and when you need to shift to keep it in check and at what point the horse takes the reigns from you.
Then it's just boyracing, pure.

I was just making sure, quite a few people just buy them because they're a cheap porsche and much like the 944, they aren't prepared.

Excellent taste, what trim is the Lude?

Why not?

Fair point.