Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zD5bUjnim58
docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

...You know, I'm not even mad any more.

whyyy

>who after all their complaining of other publisher's stealing content are making their own In the Company of Dragons rip off.

>DSP has monster classes.
Another publisher made a dragon race with a racial paragon class.

>I'm saying they're stepping on toes after kvetching about paizuri and what's that kitsune furfag's name, stepping on theirs

>I'm saying it's a dick move to specifically make a dragon monster class after someone has already done it, then piss and moan when someone else moves into their territory.

youtube.com/watch?v=zD5bUjnim58

If this isn't the bard you're doing it wrong.

>DSP complains about the 1pp ripping off their shit, with Paizo's furfag literally posting that he had UltPsi open at all times to consult it as he wrote
>this is not the same the same thing as multiple 3pp writing the same ideas
>1pp and 3pp are different
>same inspiration and literally ripping a product off are different
>you're retarded

Ok. I went back to something I worked on a while ago and pared it down to a more concrete theme than the original was.

docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

Still very much in alpha though. I'm a bit unsure on the damage of Minefield and if the wording of various abilities are any good.

Still, here we go. A Harbringer Archetype based on firearms and alchemical items (Though not limited to them). Feedback is highly appreciated.

The In the Company Of X line is a different take entirely on playing the various monsters presented. While the lines technically compete for the same niche at a table (and there's no real avoiding that), as far as I know Rite is aware of our Monster Classes line and hasn't been upset.

Mind you, we're also still on the hook to try and provide psionic options for their dragons, if memory serves.

Do you have to stir up shit? Do you have nothing else to do with your life?

Have you been upset at them at all?

Revive the Gem Dragons from 3.5e - Emerald, Ruby, etc. They were Psionic, IIRC one type for each discipline. Make one up for Athanatism - maybe onyx or something? - and you're set.

Not that I'm aware of.

As much as I'd like to do something like that, psionic dragons are already written, published, and defined. SOMEONE, WHO SHALL REMAIN NAMELESS, promised the public they'd be themed after psionic /classes/ as if that wasn't a stupid idea, and I got put on the hook to write 'em. In a related story, those five were the first dragons I ever wrote.

Proud of the work, yet still angry.

..What? I was responding to the user who was stirring up shit. Unless you think correcting an idiotic assumption is stirring shit.

Wait, Paizo's trying to do Psionic classes?

I thought the point of Occult Adventures was so they never had to do Psionics because the idea of non-vancian systems makes blood come out of their noses.

No, some 3pp guy is jacking Psionics and making it Vancian.

Because REASONS.

A 3pp guy who is also an official Paizo writer.

He's PUBLISHING under 3pp, but he's a member of the Paizo staff.

Who is it?

There's two, and both of them are Paizo staffers. Owen K.C Stephens and Alexander Augunas.

>Making Psionics Vancian

...How? They're not really very similar systems.

And then of course there's the question of WHY.

They're both awful, too.

Because 'psionics is scary to some GMs because of its bad reputation going back to people who didn't understand how to use it three editions ago'

They're going all-out too - Dread is now an archetype for their version of the psychic warrior. So they're not only lifting 3.5 psionics, they're explicitly lifting names and mechanics from UltPsi

Welp, RIP DSP.

lmao could they possibly be any more shitstains?

Unfortunately psionics is a matter of contention for some people because they dislike it on principle and irrationally so, claiming it has no place in fantasy/pf/d&d games

It's much the same people who irrationally despise guns.

That seems...skeevy.

Oh, and the frigging Technology Guide does? That's a laugh.

One of my players wants to play a Sahuagin. Should I let him?

If you feel like a horrifying fish monster would fit into the campaign with very little change, go ahead. If not, tell him to play something else.

I'd be wary if he's trying to play a four-armed one, though.

Even some of the paizodrones irrationally dislike the technology guide citing the above opinions

In game or irl guns?

How would I build a member of the Steel Falcons?I will eventually go into the prestige class but what about before that? Some 3pp allowed, at GM discretion, all 1pp allowed, we all get power attack as a bonus feat and we get 4 traits without the normal "only 1 from each category" limit.Stats are rolled, and in front of the GM so here's what I rolled

>That seems...skeevy.

desu I'm just glad that DSP got their stuff out and released first. Including a two-page section yelling about "psionics and psychic fluff is different, keep it that way"

it's a nice middle finger

That's stupid. Occult ALREADY does vancian psionics. You don't need to make more of that nonsense.

There was an aborted attempt to do that years ago, "The Power of Ki", but the writer abandoned it after hearing about Ultimate Psionics and Occult Adventures. An interesting mechanic it used was consolidating similar spells/powers (many have identical effects) and allowing conversion between spell slots/power points.

The more you know!

I prefer the spheres of power psychic/psionic tradition in Skybourne. Drop Dead Studios loves mentioning DSP products and what amazing mechanic X they're using for sphere handbook Y in sidebar Z. Great guys.

Yeah, there's acknowledging competition.

And then there's outright being hostile to it.

Fine-manipulation aside... are dragons proficient with any weapons?

Not based on their creature type, no.

breath weapons

sorry

I honestly doubt that.

Augunas said on Facebook that he used Ultimate Psionics as one of his main resources when writing it, in the same post talking about how he used the Dread.

DSP shoulda put product identity tags on their fluff text.

Do you all have any recommended pixiv artists for fantasy art? Pixiv Fantasia's just got so much content it takes forever to find the good stuff, and I'm just looking for fantasy art on pixiv in general.

DSP is fine. They pretty much more thought in some of their works seeing as they set their flag in first.

Their version of 'Psionics' sounds like a cashgrab of several old classes slapped 'psionic' on them.

Did everybody die in the fire at the Great Sept?

Yes, but this really isn't the place to talk about that. Kindly go fuck yourself

???
No, they're just defending DSP?

So what's the story on pricing items made of mithral?

Aside from armors and shields, it says that any other item is priced by weight of 500gp per pound.

Does that mean a rapier (original weight 2 lbs) costs 520 to make out of mithral? I noticed stuff like cauldrons, skillets, waffle-irons even all are priced based on their halved weights for mithral versions, so I'm assuming so.

Reason I'm asking is 'cause two GMs of mine both ruled it that a mithral weapon is priced based on the original weight rather than the halved weight. Thing that bothers me about that is the benefits for say, a mithral glaive where the original weight is 10 lbs would be fucking expensive, is outweighed heavily by the cost to get one, purchased or made.

Usually I just look up the pixiv fantasia tag on danbooru mixed with any other combination of tags to better suit my needs. I'm not the best on determining what can be considered "good" art, but that's based mostly on the fact that any time I decide I want to use a pixiv artist's work for a character avatar or a backdrop or something, it gets shot down immediately because it's "weeb art".

I do personally think swd3e2's works are pretty good, though.

so whats a great class to go with being an underworld dragon?

I'm making a gunsmoke mystic with elemental flux and solar wind maneuvers (obviously). What would be a good choice for a third discipline?
I don't like tempest gale that much.

Sleeping Goddess to let you read peoples' minds with your gun.

Riven hourglass

Who's a better princess for /pfg/: QANON, 2hu, or pic related?

That can't be forrest, forrest has pretty dark hair.

Don't start this faggotry and don't enable the mentally ill.

It's too late.
We're already tard

Can you not

Why don't we just take two and marry them off to each other to secure our political alliance?

Or all three of them

You don't need power points or anything for that?

Reskin the shipping pantheon. Who would the fourth be?

Sleeping Goddess gives you power points, and they reworked the math to make it very light on pp usage. The mind-reading one's good augment eats psionic focus, which sleeping goddess ALSO lets you have.

And then there's the Awakened Animus feat that lets you spend animus as power points for maneuver augments.

Buildposter?

I feel like, for this to work, we have to replace Evil with Autistic.

So.

2hu is obviously Law. Is QANON chaos and Forrest good, or the other way around?

Awakened animus sounds pretty fantastic, thanks a bunch.

If I remember correctly, the shipping pantheon used the four corners

Forrest: Lawful Sane
QANON: Chaotic Sane
2hu: Lawful Autistic
BUILDPOSTER: Chaotic Autistic

Sound right?

The pantheon used the extremes, not the neutrals. QANON is Chaotic Good, no doubt. A modern-day Robin Hood, she is.

So Lawful Autistic (2hu), Chaotic Autistic (BP), Lawful [] (Forrest), Chaotic [] (QANON)?

>QANON
>SANE
SHOCKED GASP!
HOW DARE YOU!

Definitely not Sane, maybe just Nice?

Chaotic Tolerable, as opposed to 2hu's Lawful Intolerable

"O.K." sounds like a reasonable middle ground.

Forrest is polite to a fault except when she's not and then it's kinda weird, so maybe?

QANON is basically neutral

>not SHOCKING GRASP

>a devil-may-care pirate, flouting the rules of even the other pirates to bring us books early because she wants our smiles
user what does Neutral mean to you

Lawful Content-Bringer and Chaotic Content-Bringer?

That works, but then the "Evil" has to be changed to "Rule-Addict" or something. 2hu does it entirely within the RAW of the rules, while BUILDPOSTER does it with the rules as he sees it.

Content-Analyst

Yeah but Forrest herself is a bit of a RAWtard iirc, except in her own games which play fast and loose with the rules. Like, she was brought onto DSP literally for walking into the PoW E playtest thread and going YOUR WORDING IS SHIT for four or five pages with corrections

Too many words! Just shorten it to Analyst! Or Anal!

I'm okay with just Lawful, Chaotic, Good, and Autistic

Alright lads, we've got our Pantheon! But what are their domains?

Forrest definitely has Rune, probably with the Language or Legislation subdomain and also Plant

Q obviously has Air, Trickery, maybe the Whimsy subdomain, and whichever one gives Evard's Black Tentacles

Buildposter has Madness.

Lawful (RAW) vs Chaotic (RoC)
Autist vs Rational

I vote Gareth's domain be Rage, Alcohol and Wisdom

That was attempted.
It didn't go so well.

Am I to understand that you're objecting to the idea that we value having tight grammar and comprehensible wording?

No I just find it hilarious that Forrest was basically a proto-2hufag.

Hey, Gareth, you wanna be our TN god? We can make space.

>Gareth
>Rage
>Alcohol
>Wisdom (?)

The wisest people know when to drink always

How does a neutral god even work in the shipping pantheon?

He hates everyone equally. He's gotten on literally all four of the others' cases, right here on /pfg/.

>in a pantheon built on love, even the evils, the true neutrals believe in only hate.

Are you sure? Because now that you mention it, I don't think I've *ever* seen Gareth mad at Q, which is frankly astonishing, considering she's actively helping us steal his books.

/pfg/ has gone to autistic fawning again? And you say giantitp is bad? What the fuck

Eh, kills the time

It's almost 3 in the morning, we're all exhausted, and many of us are more than a little tipsy.

We'll regret plenty of things in the morning.

with quest threads gone, /pfg/ is routinely the most cringeworthy thread on Veeky Forums

So what does PFG think of this idea:

>Spellbinding
>Lets you bind a single spell to stances of a certain discipline (or others if you take the feat/talent/whathaveyou).
>Spell cannot have expensive material components.
>Once per encounter, you can recover the spell of your current stance as a full round action (feat/talent/whathaveyou lets you recover it as part of maneuver recovery, taking the place of two maneuvers).
>Outside of combat, meditate for 30 minutes (15 with talent/feat/whathaveyou) to refresh spent Bound Spells.