Eldrich Moon Spoilers

'Where were you when mtg became yugioh?' edition.

So, we can probably guess that Meld is how Hanweir the Writhing Township transforms, and that weird fused two-headed eldrazi-angel thing is probably another Meld creature (maybe Bruna and Gisela).

How do you think these Melded creatures are gonna work? Are they gonna be on the back of the cards, or are they gonna go full yugioh and give us a fusion deck?
If the latter, will the fusion deck be your sideboard/"outside the game," reducing how much space you have for actual sideboard stuff, or are they gonna make a whole new zone?

>Black piker with no down side
WHAT

The flip card will only be on the back of one of the cards, probably. Most likely the card with the rule text that mentions meld, and not the one with reminder text. So Graf Rats will flip, but Midnight Scavengers will be exiled by Graf Rats until the flip side dies, similar to Banisher Priest.

Of that entire picture, I'm pretty sure that the LEAST exciting part was seeing a 2/1 creature for 2 mana.

>Scavengers will be exiled by Graf Rats until the flip side dies, similar to Banisher Priest.
Until it dies? I'd imagine that the fusion would be permanent.

The Hanweir land

Wizards shills here, dude.

And the fleshy bits

It can't actually flip into the big dude. Why would it be a common on one side and a rare on the other. That doesn't make any sense.
Since we've already seen one Eldrazi card that uses the sideboard, it's pretty safe to assume Meld will bring it in from the sideboard. Anything else would be silly. Like letting you exile any number of Meld creatures face down at the start of the game as long as the number you exile doesn't recude the starting size of your deck to under 60. Or making you play an uncastable creature in your deck.
As for the wasted sideboard slots issue, wishboards are already a thing. I dont think they care too much about that. If they really wanted to deal with it, they could just make a list of all the meld cards and say you can put these specific cards in your sideboard for free.

If a flipped card hits the graveyard, it reverts to its unflipped form. Graf Rats would have to flip back. The only way to solve this would be to make flip side arts separate in the token slot.

Blinky business, apparently has a fun interaction with Meld - you get BOTH parts back and they BOTH get a +1/+1 counter

It's labeled as 96/205, same as Midnight Scavengers.

Strange that they'd put the creature on the back of the one with reminder text, no?

>5/6 haste and menace for 5BB that gives other creatures you control +1/+0 and menace when it comes in
That...would be mediocre to good as a single card. As a three for one? ...I'm not really feeling it.

We literally Yu-Gi-Oh now

whats the odds of getting a r/u shadow land this set?

m8 this is a mechanic from Kamigawa, just improved.

Bird horse
Birse

but what if its coverted mana cost is x?

X is zero when not on the stack

Kaladesh can't come soon enough.

Cast ALL the modes

I'm aware

If its on the field X has been declared as something, meaning it has a CMC

all these pleb commons i want mah rares

Yes! A bomb in limited. WOTC does it again!

Spoopy rock

I can't wait to see "POO IN LOO DESIGNATED XD" eight times every fucking thread either, it'll be a laff riot.

I actually really like this mechanic. Gives sacrifice decks some love.

1, you can sac any creature, not just a specific creature time
2, the emerge cost is different from the casting cost.

Spoop'mrakul

Buy up Scornful Egotist RIGHT NOW.

Better than seeing nuEldrazi for the third set in a year.

Madness is still around

You'll get more lands like the Ravnica Guiildgates, except they'll be uncommon.

As is Delirium

wut

Fucking Colour out of Space

Is that an evil ghost spooping humans or a good ghost spooping Eldrazi?

>those stats
>at uncommon
BUENO

>Seb McKinnon doing more amazing art

Unf

Wasn't the color out of space a giant blob that made people turn into mutated gross things?

No, colour out of space was an asteroid that came from space and poisoned a farmer's land and livestock then drove the whole family mad

>Madness cost is higher than normal casting cost
What the fuck is the point in it even having madness then?
Madness is supposed to be cheaper, even if only slightly, because it has the requirement of discarding the card instead of just hard casting it.

Pretty sure this is exactly what the artist is going for.

>Brisela
howling

HAPPENING TIME

But it did turn them into gross mutated blob people, didn't it?

>requirement of discarding
Sometimes you're forced to discard

Thragtusk > that card > Kird Ape >= Wild Nacatl.
Well, I guess its time to build Naya Zoo for Modern.

oh neeto, the DO fuse together.

>we Japanese card game now

This card is hot jank. EDHfags BTFO

>4CMC for Flying, First Strike, Life Link
Not awful on its own, provided you're willing to protect it from removal.

wait... thats both the cards... sideways put together....
i was right

I don't recall, but i think no. They just went mad and started falling apart.

It's like morph and megamorph. Some morph costs were higher than casting costs, some weren't.

Would this be playable outside of standard ? Thing RUG Delver in modern maybe ?

This is my EDH general now, and I WILL houserule that I can use two cards together as my commander because fuck you.

>wait... thats both the cards... sideways put together....
Yes and I could not be more upset.

Well, this set is dead to me. Just waiting on a new Thalia now to maybe redeem it.

Well, we only have three cards with Meld, thank fuck

Yeah, it's basically Tunderbreak Regent, but better.

We already have new Thalia.

>Well, I guess its time to build Naya Zoo for Modern.

Actually, you want Blue to fill your yard faster with thoughtscour.

This is literally UG Nacatl

Already spoiled last week m8.

"Thalia, Cathar Heretic"
2W
First strike
Creatures and nonbasic lands your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.
3/2

>Worried what that monstrosity was
>its an Eldrazi Angel

First strike

Creatures and nonbasic lands your opponents control enter the battlefield tapped.

>can't declaration of stone it
>can't anguished unmaking it
>can't clip wings it
Huh, it has surprisingly good protection
What 4+cmc is played in standard?

WELP

Maybe will find a spot (ironically enought), in Eldrazi and Taxes

*removal

With Naya, I can add Nahiri, and her + faithless looting should be everything I need to fill my graveyard.

A 4/3 for 4 has to survive for you to make it. Its only as resilient as she is.

the 3WW boardwipe with awaken

Neat interaction: you can ult out one of the powerpuff girls with Nahiri and if you meld them get to keep the creature.

>The Eldrazi will reach theros from xenagos reveling too hard.
>Athreos gets melded into a literal Eldrazi God.

Well, if Gisela dies you can always use Bruna to bring her back.

Obviously, you get her back with her sister and they meld in your end step

>This into this into this
This is probably one of the biggest markers for a really poor Magic player.

Gisela doesn't have to survive, Bruna brings an angel or human back from the GY when she enters (ie Gisela), so they can fuze the turn you play Bruna.

He was comparing them, you illiterate cunt

Worst case the opponent removes Bruna, in which case you still got a 4/3 ligelink beater out of it.
They defibitely look constructed playable.

>Surprisingly good protection
You'd hope so considering it requires you to play a 4CMC creature and then play a 7CMC creature and then have them both survive until the end step. If your opponent actually let that happen then they've aready lost pretty much every game of Magic they're ever going to play

>Play Gisela, remove Gisela.
>Play Bruna to reanimate Gisela, remove Gisela again.
I'm sorry, where's your 9/10 eldrazi angel?

also any unearth-alike, such as sedris or kheru lich lord (though getting both of them becomes a challenge off that guy)

Yes, you use instant speed removal, a counterspell, or burn on the 4/3. Both of them are very vulnerable to removal. They were very careful to make sure you have a lot of options to make sure they never meld.

I really like the flavor of this card. Humans and Spirits are teaming up and going at it agianst the Eldrazi.

I was comparing its power to similar cards, not planing out turn orders.
No need to be so rude, user.

>I've spent two removal cards and all you have is a 5/7 Flying, Vigilance
Ah yes, you clearly have the upper hand

zombies deck can be a thing?

Not a fan of meld. I feel like it will be barely present in limited and too cumbersome to show up in constructed, so what's the point?

I'm loving just about everything else though. Emerge and Escalate both seem like they will play wonderfully, and that werebear-esque Delerium Treefolk thing is awesome.

Too bad all I've seen of Blue looks completely terrible, though. Why is WotC so obsessed with Green and White lately?

It also scoops a CMC 3 or less creature to hand on casting the 4B half, and doesn't require the whole mana investment on the same turn.

Look closer at the image. It's the backs of both cards, because they think we've all forgotten pic related was a thing.

To be fair, you did spend 7 mana. 7 drops tend to be pretty powerful.

No, you play the 4cmc creature earlier and let it die. It just requires you to cast a 7cmc creature. We've seen that with Worldbreaker and the dragonlords already, it it's definitely possible

>Doesn't gain Indestructible if you revive Avacyn
Flavor..?

Wizads completely hosed Zombies from the get go when they printed Declaration in Stone.

The fact that a card as insanely pushed as Relentless Dead sees absolutely no play means any sort of graveyard based Zombie strategy just won't be a thing.

It will be barely present as we only get three pairs of meld cards - one at common, one at rare and one at mythic

>they think we've all forgotten pic related was a thing
Maro explicitly said that and S.N.O.T. were progenitors to meld, as was a duel masters mechanic. the collector number for the melded creature just matches the card that has the bottom of the meld result printed on it.

>there's a line between Brissella splitting it in two
Did they litterally just bring back a mechanic from fucking Unglued!?
I am totally OK with this.

It would though?
Avacyn's indestructible ability is on entering the battlefield, not on cast.
And Bruna's returning her to the battlefield.

only powerpuff girl not a mythic, wizards recognize shes the
worst angel, Brunafags BTFO