Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Ultimate Occult is here! Word has it someone not QANON, not ShareAnon, not 2hu is gonna share pics soon.

It's apparently better designed than DSP psionics?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1FcMpsY7ancpaWiBpFhI_jlARL8p2OXZhaFxAjzJCyW4/edit
docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing
docs.google.com/document/d/1Lfx-gM2Lr0B5X5p0SP1bxvjxxPCtI5_kRuDMJRDFJxU/edit?usp=sharing
vocaroo.com/i/s1UZd5oTfZpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>It's apparently better designed than DSP psionics?
Lies and slander.

>It's apparently better designed than DSP psionics?

Oh? Do tell.

From the looks of it they just made the disciplines into !bloodlines and called them vocations.

When will someone finally share a copy of the Purple Duck Games's Prestige Archetype book? I want to see how they spread Dragon Disciple out to 20 levels and I want it soon, but at all would be nice.

Why is it every time I join a group from Veeky Forums all I can find is either:
>fetish shit
>the bad kind of anime shit (there is not much good kind honestly)
>hyper controlling railroads

Are there really no good games?

>joining random groups from Veeky Forums
There's your problem, retard. Make actual friends.

You can join my game and play a tiny tiny blinkling shota if you want!

What's the cutest Fey, /pfg/

>halflings are small size
>blinkdogs are medium size
Ew

I have friends, but since I had to move to a new city across state for work it has been very hard to get everyone together to play. The other game with friends is on hiatus until august because the GM is busy until then.

I've tried going to LGS, but there is no table top community, just a big card community. While I enjoy drafting MTG it doesn't scratch the gaming itch.

At this point at long as it wasn't fetish shit I'd be interested. Hell, as long as it wasn't nasty fetish shit I might be able to make it work.

The games I've joined from pfg have all been solid. Though I'd say they're both pretty anime and kinda lewd, but the people are chill and the game stories good.

It just sounds like you're looking for different things in a game than the rest of everyone.

Hey everyone, just dropping by with a quick update for Lords of the Wild

docs.google.com/document/d/1FcMpsY7ancpaWiBpFhI_jlARL8p2OXZhaFxAjzJCyW4/edit

We just added the Chimera Soul Style line, a trio of discipline combination feats (for Golden Lion, Silver Crane, and Steel Serpent), and the Style Shift feat.

Also the Blood Quickening trait, for those of you who's inner wolf is a little more removed

Well that's the Psion. To elaborate.
>Psionic Focus is an inbuilt class feature. Along with all it's upgrades.
>You're a standard caster now, but get a pool of points to to do some stuff. based on your discipline.
It all seems really meh.I find it funny that Kineticists got renamed to fucking Kindlers.

Some powers got turned into class features for certain vocations, as well it seems.

Ok, tossing this here again in an attempt to get more feedback. If it's not your thing, feel free to ignore.

docs.google.com/document/d/181xuVW9TAYjZpgWS0q6U4A9SqJZG8CcXGG2lIMwn3Fw/edit?usp=sharing

A Harbringer Archetype based on firearms and alchemical items (Though not limited to them). Feedback is highly appreciated.

Still very much in alpha though. I'm a bit unsure on the damage of Minefield and if the wording of various abilities are any good.

Can DSP seriously do an errata on bladecaster PrC, because it's just absolute dogshit for gishing aside of raising initiator and caster level progression at the same time.

>Harbringer
>bringer
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Go Magus 5/Harbinger 1, then full on bladecaster. Arcane Assault means that as a full round action, you get a full attack+1, two attacks of which are spells that carry strikes on them.

>Blood Quickening (Race): +1 to Survival, Survival is a class skill, +2 initiative while under the full moon.

Shit tier, would never take.

Come the fuck on.

I've been joining games from the game finder threads. They all seem to be essentially no story, not a story that is at all interesting.

Honestly I dislike the concept of "required lewdness" that a lot of people seem to run with. People wanting cutsey sex appeal during games. If others what to engage in it that is fine, but what it takes tens of minutes for people to fawn over it and detracts from the game, or when I am expected to participate, is when I draw the line.

I don't know.

Anime is much more tolerable as long as no one tries to push for the bad stereotypes, or believes they should be the main character and the rest of the party a supporting cast.

What's wrong with that?

In all honesty it's about equal to a decent trait (+1 to a useful skill and it's always a class skill), and then an additional bonus in a highly-limited situation. I feel like it'd be more worthwhile if it was "in addition, you gain a +1 to initiative during the night-time or during a solar eclipse". The full moon is such a rare event that it's hardly worth mentioning or remembering.

hey everyone. Posting the first super rough draft of my PoW Ravnica Idea from last thread. I'll be doing more work on it later after work, but so far I've been reading through the martial traditions and trying to come up with cohesive ideas for the nations (and what races live there). I've got work in a bit so I'll have some time to digest the material and come up with more.

docs.google.com/document/d/1Lfx-gM2Lr0B5X5p0SP1bxvjxxPCtI5_kRuDMJRDFJxU/edit?usp=sharing

A toddler fucking a dog, that's what.

Does anyone have a copy of that one thing an user made giving benefits to different fighting styles?

You mean combat stamina?

No, I remember an user posting a document that had ideas for bonuses given to various fighting styles, like one-handing a weapon, sword and board, throwing weapons.

This?

Yes, thank you user.

Why is /pfg/ so weeaboo, especially compared to every other RPG general?

Going to be quite honest, I came up with Blood Quickening on the way to work. The initiative bonus is probably getting changed, that was meant to be a placeholder. And of course the moment it goes up someone on the internal thinks of a much more awesome effect. I'll update it once i get off work and get home

Come on user, haven't you always wanted to be the little girl that fights demons in the Worldwound?

I wonder if there's a correlation between how popular your homebrew is and how nicely it's laid out in a pdf.

>no mantis shrimp archetype
REEEEEEEE

It's Veeky Forums, the first two of those are a given.

Have you seen the Exalted General? I've never actually seen it, so maybe it's fine. I have no idea.

Pathfinder characters, when built with a shred of competence are generally pretty capable from a low level.

Lot's of race options that are basically "human but with a funny hair color".

Lot's of options means that characters can be very unique and snowflakey.

It's the offspring of a humanoid and a dog, and the size difference is what disgusts you?

wow that's some of the worst art i've seen in some time.

I lurk in it a bit. It's really not that weebish, especially compared to /pfg/.

The fact it's a very large insertion by a knotting dick is what takes it over the edge, user.

The basic rule of thumb is, if it's not more plainly accessible than a Paizo page, most people aren't going to read through your Homebrew.

It's different from a book that someone has already bought, they have no investment in finding out what the fuck you're actually trying to do, buried under multiple paragraphs of prelude.

If whatever you've made is poorly laid out, it makes it harder to understand, and that makes people less inclined to try and read through it. People like nice formatting. It helps a shitload.

Vilderavn

Objectively the Nymph and Hamadryad.

Huldra. Dat back just looks so cozy.

Ovinnik

Do you think the inside of their back is warm? Could you put your hands inside it on a cold winter's day and warm up?

It's probably close to her body temperature, yeah.

Ovinniks are tiny fey catboys and catgirls!

>Strong
>Wise
>Magical
>Beautiful
>Can warm your hands

Is there anything a Huldra can't do?

THAT FUCKING KITSUNE IS RIGHT THERE ON THE BOOK OH MY FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOD

Now I'm picturing a huldra carrying a gnome or halfling friend in their back on cute adventures.

>Is there anything a Huldra can't do?
Not steal my heart.

I had the same thought, but the huldra was a cohort of the gnome. Leadership is friendship!

I would post table of contents, but these mother fuckers are so incompetent that they didn't make one.

Could be a gnome ranger and the huldra is their companion/mount!

Look at that fucking gap on top of the page.

They had no idea what typesetting it when they made these classes, these tables take up half the page.

Its called turdparty for a reason.

Oh gosh, imagine a Wood-wife carrying her child in their back hole.

Huh. Speaking of which, how do I kineticist. It's a 'dicking around' campaign, but I can't figure out how to do much except yell like Goku to avoid passing out when I shoot lightning at people.

Pay no attention to the concept we're borrowing

A kineticist is ultimately a flashy fighter, one trick pony. The objective is to make that one trick as good as possible. Try to make a kinetic whip and become permanently enlarged, and go into AoO stuff.

I actually updated that this morning with a benefit for Throwing (and an update to two-handers' feat recommendations, which you guys probably don't need).

Re-uploading a thing

Oh look, we are using Power Points AND Spheres! How many 3rd party groups can we shit on with a single class?

Labeling everyone shills wasn't working so now they're spamming that image so people get upset at Mourners.Probably.

Look at that art.

vocaroo.com/i/s1UZd5oTfZpg

Okay, home, and updated. Thank you Forrest for the awesome idea

How much dick does this man suck in order to get work?

Like holy shit, stock art or no art would be better.

What the fuck is the Bizarrist even supposed to BE?

You know it's funny, the first thing that popped into my head was "Hey, they mashed the Oracle and Ardent together, only way worse!"

This whole product feels like it's fixing a problem that doesn't exist, or rather, it's providing an alternative system that's strictly worse than the ones that already exist. There is no reason why I would ever want to play a Mentalist instead of, say, a 3.5 or DSP Psion.

"Using the telepathy sphere, mentalists are able to exert absolute command over their friends, peers, and enemies." Okay, full stop. No telepath would ever exert 'absolute command' over his friends. As soon as he does so, they stop being his friends. It's lines like this that encourage players to be dicks to each other instead of working as a team. 'Oh hey, I'm a Telepath so I get to tell everyone what to do, and if they don't do it I'll MAKE them!' What a stupid thing to even insinuate in a co-operative roleplaying game.

Also, 'Dominatrix' is a horrible name for that ability.

That isn't free metamagic. Free metamagic is removing or reducing the spell slot adjustment a metamagic feat has. That simply allows the mentalscum to add a metamagic feat on the fly without increasing the cast time, the slot's unchanged.

>Vitalist
>Collective

Jesus christ it's a blatant ripoff.

Just wait for the mesmerist to suddenly gain beguiler orders for no reason.

>Vitalist as an archetype
Jesus christ.

DESU, there is a 1pp monster ability called psychic magic that is kind of similiar. Still no excuse, but ...

The mentalist isn't even trying to be a Psion, it's some fucked up Psychic Wizard shit.

Speaking of Huldra as companions, does anyone have the spread for a Huldra to use as a PC/cohort? Using the monstrous cohort rules is fucking bogus considering how utterly gimped the monsters always end up being, outside of a few edge cases with certain GM fiats. Namely "Lilleds taking levels in bard add their racial HD and CLs to bard levels for those features.

Hell, there's no reason for me to play this over an Occultist, Psychic, or even a fucking Medium.

So is Wilder.

Almost word for for, including the Methods But it's ok because now Vitalist Methods are add-ons to the healing ability, just like DSP's Medic class.

my gods

Wow. This is... about exactly what i expected from a book featuring a celery-wielding feces golem on the front cover.