Warhammer Fantasy General

Warhammer Fantasy General: Only The Forgotten Truly Die Edition

Talk about all Warhammer Fantasy products and lore. Please be courteous and try to limit your End Times fluff discussion since its mostly seen as just the start of Age of Sigmar.

Link to last thread: >1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_End_Times (Compilation of all the End Times changes)
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy (All pages marked WF on the Veeky Forums wiki)

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (Warhammer Fantasy wiki)
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki (Warhammer Online wiki with lots of background articles too. Also AoR is not ded: Veeky Forums for details.)

>Resources(Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
www.pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

>Third party Miniature manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

Other urls found in this thread:

pin.it/6MeOjki
ebay.co.uk/itm/25mm-Square-Model-Plastic-Bases-lipped-warhammer-40k-miniature-RPG-/391140984666?var=&hash=item5b11d1c75a:m:m0CdS_UI254w19tHi4XeCfA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for GW doesn't understand marketting

I have had to make so many recaster orders on behalf of people I know who wanted Throgrim/Ungrim/Grimgor/Archaon (old), etc.

Is it all dead yet?

No, growing actually.

The 9th Age is a legitimate game with fans. Since Fantasy fans will not stop rejecting Age of Sigmar lore and models, and GW has never produced a balanced Warhammer since 2e, its unlikely the reboot rules will change that.

They canonically do, vis. Elfslayer, where a corsair captain keeps numerous human concubines and the black ark has an entire district dedicated to sex clubs, many of which include human, uh, employees.

That doesn't mean the humans are having fun, though.

Happy to hear that but allow me to hold doubts about both your statements.

I hope we're all gonna make it.

Meanwhile, for some reason dwarves never even consider getting it on with humans.

I wonder why elves are always the race with the human relations, especially since dwarves and humans in WFB are canonically (mostly) bros.

Dorfs probably find humans gross, all stretched out and lanky with no honor.
Warhammer elves are all degenerates though.

>Meanwhile, for some reason dwarves never even consider getting it on with humans.

You say that, but Felix and Gotrek journeyed with a slayer known for his lechery. He "courted" several women and claimed that the stories of him fucking two elven women at once was untrue - only one was an elf, and a half-elf at that.

Basically in Warhammer the vast majority of the public is Neutral Evil as opposed to True Neutral. Ignorant racist assholes who act on either pride or fear depending on their race before all other things including logic.

What sets Warhammer Fantasy apart from Wahammer 40000 is the heroes are Lawful Good leaning on Lawful Neutral instead of Lawful Neutral leaning on Lawful Evil.

To put it bluntly.

Then in Age of Sigmar, the alignments are just Order/Chaos and Order/Chaos.

Sigmar is Order Order, Nagash is Order Chaos, Archaon is Chaos Order, Gorkamorka is Chaos Chaos. The common man does not have an alignment, they are too unimportant.

>that pic
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I'm more offended by the type of crests given to the lizardmen than anything

Could be worse.

You joke about that but I remember reading the GW webstore's blog a year or so ago and there were a pair of skink shamans taken from their flickr pool being addressed with female articles and pronouns I didn't check how it was written in the original language though

To be fair it can happen in Age lore. All Lizardmen other than Slann are extinct, new Skinks and Saurus and ColdOnes etc are just Light magic shapes into what the Slann imagine it to be and are sent on missions.

In theiry they can shape it into anything, or go senile and start imagining Argonians.

what does it matter how the humans feel

>Can fuck griffons
>Can fuck lizardmen
>Rats still out of reach

I don't feel sad, two out of three ain't bad.

Catch a female, raise it away from the overpopulation and breed two generations, and you get non-crazy non-gay rats.

Or maybe it works in Age lore. Saurus blood cleansed a Nurgle Champion on the verge of Daemon Princedom to the point that he became a Sigmarine Primarch, maybe Saurus blood can make Fancy Skaven of Shallya.

You know, totally out of context, but I think I like the idea of a god of health/whatever using rats as a bulwark against disease. Seems like it could be really interesting.

Honestly, part of what i found most interesting about Lizardmen in WFB is that although for most of their history they were essentially biological robots following a prime directive, the situation got so shitty that they started developing traits common in other societies - worshiping a god, debate on what is the right course of action, genocidal hatred of Skaven instead of simply defending their borders and working towards the plan. If somewhere along that line they started developing gender roles for whatever reason, I wouldn't have been too surprised.

>Can fuck griffons

What

If I had to pick two out of three, I'd chose lizardmen and skaven. At least they're intelligent.

Do you think Ogres are OP for player character in WFRP?

Rodents are very useful in nature, they're a lot like birds who plant seeds and forget leading to new growth plus fungus that rids nature of rot so new life can appear. They were also used in American Victorian through roaring 20's art, mouses and rats, to depict the idyllic country life and memories of childhood and farm barns. It gained a resurgence in the 1940's too, and didn't entirely die out in the 30's.

By contrast, the disease aspects as we all know comes from medieval belief that they cause rot and sickness to occur. By purging their metaphorical fleas, AKA Choas tendencies and overpopulation-induced insanity, they could possibly become more like Pathfinder Goblins than Nazi Kobolds.

There you go, now you get it.

>non-gay rats

user that's the opposite of what I want

It becomes less likely.

But they're also less likely to be pedophiles, rapists, cannibals, gang members, self-mutilators, teenage parents, abandoning parents, prone to sudden mass killings, and loud selfish assholes.

Overpopulation is scary.

Well, their starting stats would need to be obscenely good. Fuck that '3 attacks' shit in the one fan-made one.

If I was gonna create an ogre PC race, I'd probably limit their advance rate to like...one half, maybe a bit faster than that.

What are the best/your favorite subfactions for the armies you play, and why?

Uh?

Probably Clan Skryre for the Skaven, because their hellaciously unreliable technology is really fun to me.

I'm very fond of the druchii corsairs because perfect, evil, ruthless elf pirates is a fun idea.

Kraka Drak is based for Dwarfs

> Northernmost city, literally in Norsca
> Name translates as "Dragon Hold"
> Daily existence is holding back Chaos
> Links to the southern empire are broken, but still holding out thousands of years later
> Fluffed as fighting Ice Drakes, Frost Giants and all kinds of Norse shit
> Dwarfs with Viking up to 11 with dragonskins and militarised and Chaosfuckers.

So what are the best modules for Warhammer Fantasy RPG? Don't want to play them, but I love reading through them. Already read through the Shadows of the Empire series and loved it. Anything else in that vein?

If you just want to read the lore then my personal favourites are Blood on the Reik and Liber Chaotica.

I like Karak Hirn, mostly because it's a smaller hold and near Bretonnia and some of the smaller human nations.

Ekrund; Dragonback Clan Dwarves.
>One of the richest Holds at it's peak.
>Lost everything because lizardmen.
>Still survives
>Still Pimp hands Everything
>Bugman was a Dragonback Dwarf.

Read both of them. Great stuff.

Speaking of dwarfs and fluff. Any decent info on Karak Zorn?

Yvresse High Elves. Get shit done, without pissing everyone and their mum off.

Neferata and her Ghouls, because I like Lahmians and Strigoi and its a compromise.

I miss the old website.

I've got these Eldar, and I'm a few Elves short of a full unit.

I'm not familiar with 40k lore, but what would happen if some of these fell through the Warp and wound up in Ulthuan? Would they get along with the High Elves? Join them maybe?
Or are Eldar too much of a bunch of assholes for that?

It would be completely legal and canon in AoS.

I imagine they'd see them as wayward kin, much like Exodites - Eldar in 40k that settled on worlds and decided to go Amish, more or less. Depending on the Craftworld, they'd get along very well.

Or you could just say it's very exotic armor from one of the Elves in one of the outposts at a distant part of the Old World.

Eldar would be very happy to learn that the Ulthuani elf gods are still, you know, alive.

So I'm trying to get the last of my Skaven forces before ending new purchases of Warhammer and just playing what I have.

Ebay has served me well for most of the models I needed but it seems like the old Plague Monks box is totally gone.

The Age of Sigmar Plague Monk box is priced okay but does anyone know if there's any difference about what's inside it? The models on the box (see pic) look the same but I imagine I'll have to go buy some square bases elsewhere for the unit (anyone have a source for that btw?).

tdlr; are models inside the AoS Plague Monks box any different (less sprues etc)

40k/fantasy crossover is cancer.

Would you mind if I used Beastmen models for select units of my Empire army if I had an appropriate fluff reasoning for it?

>Would you mind if I used Beastmen models for select units of my Empire army if I had an appropriate fluff reasoning for it?
I doubt anyone would as long as base size wasn't compromised.

Literally the only difference is that they come with round bases instead of square. Fun fact the box that comes with the catapult and the furnace come with the sprues to make a screaming bell and a WLC so you can save some money that way.

No, not unless the proxies filled a different amount of space.
Just out of curiosity though, what is the reason?

I still like to imagine that finding out she was a half elf the morning after was why he swore the Slayer's oath.

Is there any color art of the old school Dark Elf Executioners?

Caldor, no contest.

>Vauls Anvil
>make best armor
>best Warriors
>best nobility
>best nature
>best wildlife

whoops *CalEdor

I'm trying to compile a list for 9th age Empire, and I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I've got some leftover points and I'm stuck debating whether or not a Steam Tank is worth it or if I should squeeze another unit of footsloggers like Flagellants or a cavalry unit like Griffon Knights or Knightly Orders, or even a Mortar or Arcane Engine.

Help me out bros.

Thoughts?

+++ Germanic Steel (1923pts) +++

++ Empire of Sonnstahl (Standard (1501-3999pts)) (1923pts) ++

+ Lords (185pts) +

Marshal (185pts) [Army General, Beast-Bane Halberd, Blessed Armour of Frederick the Great, Seasoned General, Talisman of Greater Shielding] (Goes with Greatswords)

+ Heroes (272pts) +

Captain (147pts) [Hero's Sword, Horse, Plate Armour, Shield, The Black Helm]
Battle Standard Bearer [War Standard] (Goes with Cavalry)

Wizard (125pts) [Dispel Scroll]
Level 2 Wizard Apprentice [Path of Fire] (Goes with Handgunners)

+ Core (592pts) +

Electoral Cavalry (191pts) [Champion, Musician]
9x Electoral Cavalry [9x Great Weapon, 9x Shield]

Heavy Infantry (220pts) [Champion, 30x Heavy Infantry, Musician, Seasoned Soldiers, Spear]
Standard Bearer [War Standard]

Light Infantry (181pts) [Seasoned Soldiers]
19x Light Infantry [19x Handgun]

+ Special (484pts) +

Artillery (110pts) [Mortar]

Imperial Guard (289pts) [Champion, Musician]
24x Imperial Guard [24x Great Weapon]
Standard Bearer [Flaming Standard]

Reiters (85pts)
5x Reiter [5x Brace of Pistols, 5x Light Armour]

+ Rare (390pts) +

Knights of the Sun Griffon (160pts) [Champion, Standard Bearer]
3x Knights of the Sun Griffon [3x Halberd]

Steam Tank (230pts)

Square plastic bases are super cheap on ebay and elsewhere.

>>He is the kalamn-talaen. He is the Master.
You're goddamn right.

I have a good number of plague monks I'm going to off load, was actually going to post them up on barter town today. They are fully assembled and painted on square bases, interested? I'd have to get a proper count but I estimate I have 60.

>tfw even badly painted and mangled units of Empire Knightly Orders that would barely have sold for $20 are now going for upward of $50 on Ebay because they're OOP

For the life of me I can't find ones without slots in them. I don't want to use up all my greenstuff plugging holes in bases

thanks for the offer but I'm a weirdo who needs to do my models from scratch myself.

wait shit, a warp lightning cannon also? Damn. I got a bell box and knew that it could make the catapult also but I'm after a warp lightning cannon...

It isn't so weird. My roommate got me some Bloodletters for Christmas but they were preowned so I have to repaint them, strip their bases and do it all over again. The worst part is that guy must have chopped off his pubes and glued them to the base so now all the daemons have hair/fur around their hooves.

sup whfbg

convince me not to play dark elves, because goddamn do i love dark elves

kinda also have my eye on high elves or dwarves

Uhh...they don't have Speed of Asuryan? Shit I dunno. Follow your heart, brother.

I consulted the seer about you, user. The seer told me that if you play Dark Elves you will gain immense weight and suffer such dreadful halitosis that even the most primitive basement dwellers shall be repulsed. In this way the army so dear to your heart would gather dust, and both you and your army would only have each other for company in the lonely dark of your basement forever.

Oh and Malekith isn't the rightful Phoenix King. He's just a babby that everyone knew was bad news.

Do it!
We have the hot bitches, the slaves and the sharp edges.
What could possibly offer you more the fags or the beardies?

>You will never sleep with and then be sacrificed by a Witch Elf.

Might as well join the Phoenix Guard.

Actually its because he accidently killed Gotrek's wife in the dark.

worth it

Hate to tell you, but you missed the TGG2 Kickstarter. But they go in stores soon, albiet at a higher price.

pin.it/6MeOjki

Who else /homebrewunits/ here? A /wfg/ supplement book for 9e could be filled with our ideas

ebay.co.uk/itm/25mm-Square-Model-Plastic-Bases-lipped-warhammer-40k-miniature-RPG-/391140984666?var=&hash=item5b11d1c75a:m:m0CdS_UI254w19tHi4XeCfA

We could use stats for Cultist-Elsa, Count Joe, Hans of Nulndon, Daemon Princess Morathi, and magic rocks as a Lizardmen upgrade.

Anything I forgot?

Yeah this box. Through some careful magneting you can make your catapult switch between that and a WLC. The furnace kit comes with the bits for the bell too but is trickier to magnetize, I just use the bits as a grey seer on foot and a rat ogre, also you can put the plague priest from the kit on a 20mm base and he'll still fit on his spot on the furnace so you can use him on foot too if you like.

I should point out that there is a more expensive box that I was considering. Its actually more of a legit army, it has a lot more stuff you'll field if you play that Skaven list. Censer Rats, a Verminlord, and a Plague Priest for $175 instead of $85. Its cheaper than buying them individually, mostly since the Censer rats are expensive as fuck and Verminlords are ridiculously pricey too now, but I decided not to when I got the Mierce Skaven Verminlord instead.

But as I recall it was a decent-ish discount.

This is $85.

This is $175.

I'd recommend eBay and proxies over either though.

Funny, because the plague monk sprues have censors on them.

Yeah fuck paying 12 USD for each cencer bearer, the plague monk spure comes with flails which you can use to make your own on the cheap! Also you can take the furnace swingers from the furnace kit and separate them to make your own. I really need to find the time to finish these guys up haha they've been like this for months

As an Ogre Kingdoms fan I'd love to see them get more units so I've come up with some myself, with a little lore attached to explain why such an expansion could happen.

The lore for Ogres says they are highly resistant to Chaos, but can still be corrupted by it eventually. Hence if Chaos wanted to take control they would probably find it easier to do so 'politically'. A story in the 8e army book talks about the Challenge Stone, where an Ogre tribe have fought the Warriors of Chaos for generations to control this ancient monolith. My idea would be for that tribe to be corrupted by chaos, say (in typical ogre fashion) by going a little overboard and consuming far too much demon at once, say a felled Bloodthirster and experiencing demonic power. A chaos God could then offer the Tyrant the power to conquer the Ogre Kingdoms, in exchange for forsaking the Great Maw and pledging allegiance to Chaos.

This new Chaos Ogre army would allow for an influx of unique units, and the response from the traditional Ogre clans would be to mobilise everything they've got. If the Chaos God were to instruct the Chaos Ogres to subjugate the Chaos Dwarves (since the Dark Lands are very close by) and turn them from Hashut to the four major gods, it would give purpose for the Chaos Dwarves to extend their relationship with the ogres to create new weapons of war.

Finally I should point out that both come with a different exclusive warscroll.

The way AoS works is you get bonuses if you have the official GW Warscroll, which requires you to take a specific deployment plus whatever else you bring in your army.
Basically GW's morally bankrupt scheme to make WAACfags buy shit they don't need in bundles to get bonuses that should be in the core rules. Its exactly like tabletop DLC bundles or free to play/pay to win games.

I have no idea if there is a market for those, but you may be able to sell it to make back some of the cost.

i might consider dropping dosh on this

can anyone attest for skaven in whfb? their viability? what about in aos?

any good lore books?

No idea about AoS but skaven are solid in fantasy between the huge numbers, loads of tarpits, dirt cheap warmachines, plague monk blenders, HPA, and great redirectors in the form of "rat darts". Expect to lose a lot of guys though.

so they're like a good horde army?

Yes, slaves are 2pts a model and effectively ld 9 with rerolls from your bsb so they'll tar pit just about anything, best part is that you can shoot into combat with your slaves.

Skaven are great in Fantasy. Their shtick is in theory gambling on high damage, high losses plus low morale, but they kill more than they die and when they do fail its spectacularly hilarious.

In 9th Age everyone is balanced, but Skaven didn't lose anything and in fact are more streamlined to provide what named characters gave without having named characters.

AoS has literally no balance, at all, in any way other than a rule where if you are outnumbered it gets harder for the other player to win (solution is only take the strongest possible models, no weak redshirts ever). Every game requires gentlemanly conduct and the admission you win or lose mostly because of lists. There is a set of rules to provide balance and listbuilding guidelines, but as of now you can take ten Nagash, an Archaon, the Glottkin, and a Verminlord and call it afair and balanced legal army. So tl;dr on AoS is "It doesn't matter".

Anybody here know where I can get Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay pdfs? I've already got 2e, but I want to give 3e a look.

This was just posted on Total War's facebook page. It spells "Aaz Akazsh Nasdhashurh"

We've been waiting forever...but it seems Beastmen confirmed.

>skaven in fantasy
In 8th ed they were a solid tier two army.

In age of sigmar they're alright, they lack the keystone bullshit units that some other factions have.

*there is a list of rules coming

Forgot to put that in, sorry. Basically AoS crashed hard, so GW is doing a soft reboot to address complaints.
They're ditching the idea of loose gaming with three rulesets includinv a competitive AKA "Actually Trying To Be A Game" rule set, and the complaints that the common man doesn't matter in a world of demigods by having a campaign based in the Realm of Life where apparently the local version of the Empire is like German human Wood Elves and live with a race of half-tree Wood Elf men (as in all males, females are still 100% tree) and Archaon/Nurgle wants to skullfuck it. Also, Alarielle is now Hera complete with peacock imagery plus a God Emperor halo and rides a giant happy beetle.

I'd be lying if i didn't say i wanted that tree mech drycha, it's so silly that i need to have it

Do elves ever change sides? If so, which ones?

Check OP.

I wonder how they will work, near immune to most non-vampiric non-desert attrition (Basically a constant raiding stance?) Some sort of ambush improvement? Tons of forward deploy in battle is an obvious one of course.

A few have gone Dark Elf but it's rare, a few have sought redemption, some Dark elves have gone full Chaos like the Black Prince.

Wait, what? Haven't seen that yet.

Dark Elves are backstabbing masters. High Elves are like World War 1 European powers where complex politics and idiot rulers lead to pointless wars. Wood Elves are insane Fey, loyal only to themselves and the other Fey beings.

Do you like the shitty plastic Black Guard/Executioner set?

Anyone have the full art of this?

TELL ME ABOUT LOKIR

WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK

She literally has bee missile pods...i've been thinking about it all night

any lore book recommendations, dudes? skaven are great

Wow. That's actually the first AoS model I would buy. Much better than Durthu too.

May have to consider it, once I find out what size of square base it fits on.

Gotrek and Felix, they dealt with Skaven constantly.

Thanquol had some books but I can't vouch for the quality as I haven't read them.