Our sales are declining!

>our sales are declining!
>quick, let's raise prices to make up for volume!
>our sales are still declining!
>quick, let's close a ton of our stores!
>our sales are still declining!
>quick, let's raise prices again, but also make sure not to ever do any research into how to help bring tabletop gaming to a 21st century audience!
>our sales are STILL declining!
>quick, let's invalidate the most popular armies, destroy the world we've spent three decades crafting and force people to buy entirely new armies and rule books!
>our sales are STILL declining!
>quick, let's increase the core update schedule from around once or twice a decade to around once or twice a year! Oh and also increase prices!

Seriously though, how are they not long dead and buried by now? Has anybody ever been able to connect them to illicit dealings (money laundering, shifting cash around for the Russian mob/arms dealers/ISIS/cartels/foreign intelligence)? If they've managed to survive this long there's absolutely no way they aren't deep in some really shady shit.

>Blah blah GW blah watermelon dying watermelon

Because sales are not actually declining?

Bullshit.

Have you seen their quarterly report? Things aren't looking all that great.

I mean they have done some good moves lately, like I know Total War: Warhammer brought in a lot of people unfamiliar with the IP. But it is kind of counteracted by the fact that the IP people got interested in no longer exists and all.

And they still insist they don't need to do any form of marketing, despite things like Dawn of War, making a clear impact of bringing in people who had no knowledge of the franchise.

And yet here I am, with a pile of GW plastic next to me and plans to buy more later on, and there's non-stop generals for multiple GW games plus GW dominates the WIP threads.

GW dominates a niche market and people seem to like them, bad as they are at times.

Their IP licencing brought in the same as the core business this quarter.

Thats due to triple within 4 years. Geedubs are fine.

This shit again? They're in the black and owe money to no one. Despite increased competition they're still the top of the pile. They're not going anywhere. At least for a while. And have they increased prices recently? I haven't specifically noticed.

I hope so, I'm just worried since GW's decisions have been almost schizophrenic recently.

Like before they were super strict about their IP, barely giving it out to anybody and (from what I hear) keeping a strict watch on those who are making them for lore inconsistencies.

Nowadays they are whoring it out to anybody, which while it does mean the IP is reaching farther and potentially racking in more money and interest; it has really taken a nose dive in quality.

I'm worried people are going to just consider Warhammer to be an over milked franchise and be seen with disinterest. Basically perceived more based on stuff like their clash of clan clone, than something more interesting like the total war game (which could still need improvements).

>Shit's going to fucking hell lads
>Quick, let's release a special version of the game marketed primarily towards children with a low cost of entry and a pretty box.
>Huh that's actually a pretty good idea
>LET'S NOT RELEASE IT OUTSIDE OF AMERICA AND CANADA
>Me gob when

>And have they increased prices recently?
Not since the AoS reboxes from what I've seen.

>They're in the black and owe money to no one.
Except the Sinaloa, you mean.

what?

>muh prices
Get a job you hippie. Things were cheaper decades ago because the quality was lower. I just need to compare my 4th ed scouts to my 7th ed scouts for proof.

>It's okay when GW does it

It's okay when any luxury/non-essential goods manufacturer does it.

What game haven't they released? I'm in the UK and we seem to have everything the internet tells me exists.

>Geedubs are fine.

As fine as their currency.

Aos reboxes are price increases, yes, but also the contents of the boxes have been increased as well, so that doesnt count.

The entire Battle for Vedros line, it's basicly 40k marketed towards lil kiddies. I'm pretty sure they removed every mention of the word "kill" and had to censor most of the lore because it was too PG13+

I like Orkz and the line has cheap Orkz. Shame I can't bloody get it here.

A drug cartel, continuing the money laundering gag.

Oh, then I hadn't heard of it. Thanks.

Their games are shit. Their settings are shit. Their models are shit. Their customer service is shit. Their prices are too high.

Why successful? Because plebs gonna pleb. It appeals to morons. We've all seen the "le plastic crack xD" fantards. We've all seen the edgelord teens (and probably were them at one time). We've all seen the bandwagoneers who'll play what everyone else plays regardless of quality (also see DnD). Shit things are often more popular than anything good. That's just a fact of life. Put on your aviators and deal with it.

They're better than they have been in years thanks to our kev

They haven't raised prices in time, they have actively listened to the community on many accounts, and they're allowing profitable and fun exploration of their IPs.

Not to mention Brexit means they can export more due to weak pound.

It's a testament to this that whining threads like this are extremely rare nowadays on tg

It's called a change of leadership. Kirby left, Rountree took over and lo and behold, (good) changes happen. What a surprise.

Oh ouch, that edge is so sharp it broke skin!

And yet here you are

>Customer service is shit

Man if you try to bait, at least try to hide it. For all their flaws, GW still has one of the best CS I encountered in my life.

So many memes, so little time

>it has really taken a nose dive in quality.

See this is only true if you think of the mobile games otherwise the quality of GW vidya has gone WAY up these last years.

There are those who let their hate grab hold of them so hard that they feel the need to justify their hatred and refuse to believe that there is anything that can be good in it.

Agreed. The best gw games ever were all recent. Vermin tide, total war, and gothic

>Still no release date

At least we know we'll be purging before the end of the year. On the othet hand, I really like the fact that Focus always let their devs take their time to polish the games.

>Listening to their community
Then why haven't they made a real attempt to improve AoS's rules or at least open up a forum like they used to? They clearly don't care, and if they did, they would have hired game designers who aren't morons.

Dark Omen would like a word with you.

>being this ignorant

Do you remember what happened when Battletech was bought by the people who made "Hero Clicks" and "Mage knight"? Do you want to see that happen to the Warhammers?

You obviously didn't keep up:
GW is hiring people to open official forums, they have facebook pages and released FAQs based on actual questions posed there and AoS is getting a rulebook including points, army composition and limits regarding mechanics exploits based on feedback from tournaments organizers.

It's like GW flipped completely page: From badly supporting a good IP to give good support to a bad IP.

Since this thread is filled with shitposting anyways ...

Thoughts on Mordheim City of the Damned?

I'm a bit dissapointed in how small the unit variety is, that there's next to no costumization options and the locations could've been designed a bit better.

>And have they increased prices recently? I haven't specifically noticed.
No, if anything the boxed sets and games are driving the price of entry down

Yeah the marketing for that line has been ass, there's a facebook page with like 300 likes and that's about it. They want people to encourage their FLGS's to contact the distributors on that page and that's their marketing

>go into store
>instant hard sell from the lone staffer

Sure, kid.

>faggots with no arguments

Teen fantards detected. :) Stay mad, fanboys.

This. AoS is dogshit and that's never going to change.

>having this little to say

>Then why haven't they made a real attempt to improve AoS's rules or at least open up a forum like they used to?
Wtf how can you be this retarded? They've reopened their facebook page and are actively doing a FAQ for 40k and the generals handbook for AOS drops within the month

>Stay mad, fanboys
Nice projecting.

The butthurt is real.

From the looks of things, you attempted to say something intelligent, that actually served a purpose. Instead, you lost that initial spark under your desire to vomit memes into your post.

I remember when I did that as well. I was very bluntly told
>shitposting to make a point
>Don't do this.
and so I learned that the only way I'd ever contribute to anything was to stop walking into the Synagogue eating a ham sandwich and then except to be taken seriously.

>le ebin projection maymay

If I hate GW, how can I be projecting fanboyism onto others? Your shitty retort doesn't even make sense. Honestly, people should need to pass an IQ test to post here, it'd keep retards like you out.

>umad

You forgot your frog pic, son.

Holy fuck am I schooling you shitheads hard. :^)

>y-y-y-y-y-y-your usin memes on Veeky Forums

Deal with it, kiddo.

>blah blah I lurned som shit

Noone cares, turbonerd. Stay mad.

This gentleman,
Has said everything to you that needed to be said. Keep the memes to a minimum

>sales for the game are down, what should we do?
>I know, lets lower the prices and halve the amount of models in the box
I'm still upset

Yeah, that's why the CEO froze employee pay until they get sales back to growing.

Weren't they getting buttfucked by x-wing?

source?

>Company sells terrible quality prepainted minis for 1000% their cost

>Making more money than real wargame minis

A shocker.

What is this, 2013?

X-Wing wouldn't even exist if it weren't for the Star Wars branding.

But then again neither would 40k.

In the financial report.

thanks

What year?

>implying gw shit is not being sold for 1000000% of cost

Cute.

>implying you know anything about manufacturing cost distribution or production management

Can you even tell me what overhead is?

>GW spends months designing master molds on old British machinery, drawing up concept art and design focus or digital design
>Use good quality plastics

>Star Wars literally copy pastes designs in 10 seconds
>outsourced to china
>Models are meh to the extreme

If you think GW is "Overpriced" you got into this hobby REALLY fucking late.

Perry minis and Mantic are cheap because they're sculpts are simple and their plastic is shit.

Wargaming is not a cheap industry because it's so niche.

If GW's prices are such a turn off then why are you still buying their kits?

The guy doesn't know shit because the simple fact is GW manufacture in UK and US, X-wing is produced in China.

user, if you're going to shitpost at least don't talk out of your ass. GW charges about $2/model for basic units, and about $30 for single-model HQs. Naturally, this price goes up when the model is not standard human/space marine size.

X-wing charges $15/model, and about $30 for special units.

If I can refute your point off the top of my head, you're not being clever enough for anyone to buy into what you're saying. Remember, the greatest shitpost is getting people to repeat your shitposts as fact. Just look at /pol/.

Here is where he will try and count with

>but you need less X-wing

And then ignores X-wing are created at a fraction of the cost of GW.

Because they dragged themselves to the top and no other companies that focus strictly on miniatures games has seemingly been able to rival them in prominence. Possibly because a majority if not all of those companies are privately owned which means the only way they get money to expand is through sales.

I think you also vastly overestimate how much Fantasy brought to the table. 40k has been king for some time now.

>I mean they have done some good moves lately, like I know Total War: Warhammer brought in a lot of people unfamiliar with the IP. But it is kind of counteracted by the fact that the IP people got interested in no longer exists and all.

An IP the majority of those people probably have little interest in outside of other video games or possibly books.

It continues to boggle me somewhat that Fantasyfags can't understand that just because they find the thought of whiling away the hours painting roughly the same figure they've already painted fifteen times before for their big unit of figures enjoyable, other people do not. Fantasy largely declined because 8th edition was all about such time and money consuming practices when the rest of the industry was cropping up with games that are skirmish sized or a little bigger.

That no new game has really come out except from those companies that were already trying to grab Fantasy's scraps and are now fighting over the remains tells me that the people who are interested in fielding large numbers of 28mm models is a minority.

There is even less of a chance you're going to entice someone new with a product like 8th Edition when Total Warhammer now exists and has two expansions and DLC in the works. A person can have big battles with very little fuss and for much less money.

Nobody is. That's GW's problem.

>>I mean they have done some good moves lately, like I know Total War: Warhammer brought in a lot of people unfamiliar with the IP. But it is kind of counteracted by the fact that the IP people got interested in no longer exists and all.
It's especially insane when you consider that Creative Assembly had planned to go into Warhammer Fantasy for the long haul, with two further major game expansions planned (along with a ton of DLC). This could have potentially been years of promotional tie-ins, but as is, it's mostly going to go to waste.

But that's not customer service your moron. That selling policy. Customer servixe is what comes after the product is sold and the client might have complaints about said product. And on that point, GW is second to none on the market. They send complete models pretty often, no questions asked, when even just a small piece is fucked.

Yeah, this. AoS was a good idea, but Fantasy should have continued along unmolested as a 15mm game so large-scale battles were feasible.

>Seriously though, how are they not long dead and buried by now?
they have no debt and still pull a profit

there's not much more they need to do to stick around

This.

GW has always been a pretty clean company when it comes down to it.

Worst investiments they ever did was the LOTR franchise deal

And that raked them fucking millions.

I fucking love that game.

Not him but...
Overhead is the cost of keeping the place running... lights on , water, machinery, that sort of thing...

That being said I play X-wing instead of war hammer because.
1. Pre-painted miniatures. Especially non-wizkids ones
2. Skirmish level instead of full army.
3. Lower cost at start up
4. More acessable and sold at more stores.
Why did my captcha have to do with bananas

And it was still, in essence, a very good game from what I've heard. Nothing but praises for the rules.

Speaking of Lord of the Rings, has anybody thought about a 40k game similar to that Shadow of Mordor game that came out a little while ago?

Like I just decided to play it again, and I couldn't help but think "man, this would be fucking awesome as a Warhammer game".

I could do without the Assassin's Creed/Arkham stuff, but imagine playing as like Farsight or something, and taking out Ork Warbosses or some shit. I would cough up so much money for that.

Actually the worst investment they've made is AoS and the sigmarine statue . Or maybe their 5 million pound website which is sub-first year student level garbage.

What do you suggest?

The Mantic site or the Privateer Press site?

It sounds like you just want to rant and rave at GW.

AoS is a massive profit because it's extremely production light compared to Warhammer Fantasy.

The hate GW still gather from the web is amazing.
What other medium/large company is so much hated or demonized? hard mode: no normie ones

as someone who only very losely follows warhammer fantasy, can someone explain what's going on?
i know they basically rebooted shit via end times into sigmar shit, but i have no idea how everything is connected

Riot, Blizzard (they have millions of fanboys to even it out but in terms of sheer numbers the haters are staggering since GW isn't that big), Nike, NRA, PETA

I would say Occulus now, but since it is technically Facebook that is in charge of it now, I suppose that doesn't count.

Speaking of those expansions, what races do you guys think they are going for next? Apparently they are going by geography, but they are also including some of them as DLC.

PGI/IGP
Bioware
Activision Blizzard
EA

>warhammer fantasy sales decline over years due to a series of poor decisions by gw
>massive aaa game that is basically a huge ad for whfb about to come out
>gw scraps whfb game and setting and releases a new abomination nobody likes that sells worse
>massive aaa ad game comes out and seems to be a big success but the thing it's an ad for no longer exists

Genius Workshop

yeah, i played both total warhammer and vermin tide (and i used to play warhammer online, but i've never been into any warhammer tabletops)

what is different in the new setting?

see link below
>

I think actual profit and sales are bad for GW, because it draws attention to their finances and might expose their criminal enterprise.

It's about faceless invincible notspace marines beating up everyone in a series of meaningless interdimensional battles instead of various races trying to survive in a harsh world.

its actually not a bad concept for a game, its just stupid that they scrapped whfb to make it. they could have had both.

>It's about faceless invincible notspace marines

That also wear metal faces!

Rules so good they used them in legends of the high seas/old west and some other company completely copied them for their d10 game. Dark empire iirc.

Are Games Workshop employees forced to apply for welfare at this point? Figure I may as well ask now, seeing there's one here.

They're still on people about consistency and apparently only give the greenlight to ideas that they feel work.

The thing about mobile shit is that it's what sells and ultimately GW cares more about sales and people possibly learning of their IPs rather than producing a great console or PC video game for the sake of producing one. Alternatively or in addition, only small studios such as mobile may have come to GW wanting to use their IPs, bigger developers might possibly trying doing their own thing since if they strike oil they have complete control and get all the money. Part of the reason Total Warhammer happened is because there were people within Creative Assembly who were fans of Fantasy (Some of their models and commentary were even featured in WD around the time Total Warhammer came out.) and they wanted to do a non-historical game.

What exactly about AoS' rules need to be improved? There are undoubtedly refinements that could be made (I'm glad to hear that they suggested in the upcoming General's Handbook that measuring from the base can be a thing.), but I'm not sure of great changes.

I think when people say that AoS' rules need to be improved they mean that it needs to become something different from what it currently is, namely go back to being Fantasy with all of its simulationist trappings that led to a huge rulebook with sometimes convoluted rules. (You have cavalry, monstrous cavalry, and ridden monsters, all three have their own rules.)

Forced to?

No.

Qualified for?

Yes.

I hear you OP. Here's my big problem. All my real friends are online. What's the point of buying models if I can't play with friends? I'm not going to ditch online friends for turbo autists that I have to put up with in real life. Solve this problem and I'll buy into the hobby. I want things to be virtual, but at the same time I don't want to end up having to go full gameplay.

TTS is making huge strides in this, but it gives no revenue to GW as well as TTS lacks huge customization issues for models unless you know how to 3D model yourself.

Solve this problem and GW will be rich.

This might be the stupidest post I've ever read.

>Perry plastics simple sculpts and cheap plastic

You almost had me there.