What makes a spaceship "comfy"?

What makes a spaceship "comfy"?

com·fort·a·ble
ˈkəmfərdəb(ə)l,ˈkəmftərbəl/
adjective
1.(especially of clothes or furnishings) providing physical ease and relaxation.
"invitingly comfortable beds"
synonyms: cozy, snug, warm, pleasant, agreeable; More
2.as large as is needed or wanted.
"a comfortable income"

Proper environmental regulation and padded seats.

I hate that cross section compared to the original.

It's smaller, the angle is worse, and it's just ugly.

The whole TFA cross section was absolutely awful aside from like... three ships.

>tfa was awful

ftfy

Too much for this lazy user to mention. Believability is a big part of it though.

>What makes a spaceship "comfy"?

Charm, personality, tasteful interior design... and getting to know the ship, getting to rely on it, feeling safe aboard it.

Fite me but Destiny was pretty comfy...

To a roleplaying party?

Utility.

Add a med bay, an arrest cell, a secure containment chamber (ejectable), concealed cargo space, a workshop, a combat training droid (who doubles as security), a helpful AI, drones, torpedoes, and missiles to repair, hack, sneak, spy, track, decoy, disable, and blow shit up, a cloaking device, ...

That's the kind of things which really make a party feel save at night out between the stars where opportunity and danger lurk.

The feeling of comfort and the promise of whatever you desire.

The Millennium Falcon promises Adventure without fail, but it can be counted upon to have some technical hiccup at a dramatic moment. It's a safe haven, one of the fastest ships in the Galaxy and it can outrun almost anything. Oftentimes though, it speeds straight into another adventure.

...shuttles, turrets, crawlspace, airlocks and EVA suits, hidden stashes, asteroid mining gear, a kitchen with a freezer, emergency protocols, and a place to receive representatives.

After that give it a personal touch. Give players reign over details and make them describe what part of the ship is 'theirs'. Who makes sure the kitchen is neat and nice, who always leaves their tools and gadgets around the engine compartment, and who has the most weapons hidden behind pressure lines and interface panels?

Then of course there's the name. Players tend towards ridicule, make sure it is something they really want to stick with. Or make it a running gag if it is that kind of game.

For advanced homeliness you can introduce custom malfunctions. No impediment, just the "Did something just fly off the hull?!" kind of worrisome comedic relief.

>Compact
>Well designed and easy to navigate
>Feels like home

Applies to cities, inns/taverns, cabins, ships, etc.

what gta mod is this

Always thought Ebon Hawk was comfy max

Being made of yarn

That's Shadowrun as fuck.

Comfy chairs.

was this show any good? or was it just Stargate Voyager?

having that cozy lil bed right there

It's Stargate without the charm of Stargate. So shit.

A feeling of familiarity and security
Like a spaceship you'd be comfortable walking around without shoes

That was literally my room for two years at OSU.

Three years later and I still think those were the best years of my life.

>being an assblasted EUfag

superb accuracy, though, post-Jedi modifications excluded

>thinking jar jar abrams shit heap was by any means good

>Like a spaceship you'd be comfortable walking around without shoes
Ha, I like that one.

I would fucking kill for a tiny little flat like that.

It'd probably bust my balls and the bank to get it, though.