/wmhg/ Warmachine and Hordes General

Into the void it goes edition

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata:
> WE MK3 BOYS

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf

Other urls found in this thread:

discountgamesinc.com/tournaments/tournaments/view/103
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

conflictchamber.com now supports Facebook logins as well as Google logins.

facebook dot com slash conflictchamber also exists, but is only really barely there as I'm not really a "social media expert". But I suppose it's another place to post suggestions and mention bugs.

Here's a tip. You and your site rocks! Love it dude, keep up the good work.

MKIII didn't solve caster inequality.

There are so many more shit casters than in MKII.

The only thing that changed was that the stupid bonkers casters switched around with some getting nerfed to bonedust and other brought to just "good" tier.

Hopes and dreams shattered, boys.

It's only up from here, at least.

I agree. Soles was a disaster.

I watched most of the Troll casters go from B range to C range, as did most of the lights.

Look at the Slag Troll. Tell me that's not garbage now. Shit animus, one fucking shot (But dat assault keke).

And yeah, in a world of pre-measuring I'm sure someone will really get that Slag to charge something worthwhile. Garbage.

I feel like only Gaspy2 and Vayl2 were obliterated. The other 'S' tier casters were relatively unchanged.

then there are the great casters that were given retarded buffs, like cain2

AND the casters I feel slipped through the cracks. Sloan, Madrak2, Lylith3, Gaspy1 who have retarded threat ranges or lie Mardrak are just straight up unkillable.

Its lame.

Madrak 2 already has an errata. Grim Salvation only works against basic attacks.

So any special attacks, power attacks or spells get through it now. Which is fucking bizarre but whatever.

My entire faction (minions) got almost nothing but buffs.

Rhulic looking stronk now, I'm hype.

I wonder how badly Menoth got trashed though, I wanted to try picking them up next.

Anyone else's War Room only show the Avatar of Menoth for Menite warjacks?

Menoth looks fairly strong.

Is Iron Kingdom Wild Adventure in yet? I wanna see Croaks and their damn Conjoined Twin career.

God damn, it's beautiful

Most of PoM's casters got stronger (Minus Harby of course) and most of our jacks stayed the same but got cheaper.

Most of the infantry got a slight downgrade but, honestly, not by any insurmountable amount.

Overall, the biggest Nerf is still the Choirs Battle and Enliven. Well, and Harby who is maybe went from the best to one of the bottom casters in Menoth. We shall see though.

You need to swipe over to the caster and select the jacks as an attachment.
It only shows the avatar cause he can't be part of a battlegroup

Cool. Would I be able to run decent/strong lists with Amon, Thyra, Durst, Kreoss and Feora? I have a Severius model lying around but nothing to play him with, so i'm going through the list of Warcasters I should get.

I though that career was previewed in an Insider a couple months back.

I'm witnessing glory in all its Veeky Forumsness.

48 MIL GET

Check'd

And /tg takes its rightful place as the king of boards until 49mil

The apes that coded this need to be shot.

PRAISE BE TO THE CREATOR OF MAN!

Amon and Thyra got considerably better.

Durst is mostly the same, I.E. good. Kreoss1 is actually better somehow.

Kreoss 2 and 3 are about the same I think.

Feora 1 is technically better but, overall she is about the same. There is less infantry so her feat might be a bit diminished but she still has Ignite. I Always liked her personally but she's probably still a c+ player.

Feroa 2 got kind of a nerf. She lost Ignite and Got an upkeep that gives a jack Continuous Fire instead of having her old ability. The changes to jacks themselves though probably make her out to be much the same. So she is probably still pretty strong.

Both Sevvies are actually real good.

I think Vindictus is real good now as well.

48 million heretics were burned for this.

Well thats good, I suppose

It was. Sadly the race was not, and neither were the unique talent's full text. I am hoping someone is kind enough to scan Wild Adventure.

Witnessed.

Amon is beastly now, but wants a list that looks pretty radically different than everyone else (with the exception of maybe Durst).

Kreoss1 is still good. Both Sevvies are quite good.

The new BB caster is quite good as well.

>ON TOPIC

Conjoined says, "When this character becomes exhausted, his turn does not immediately end, but he still cannot cast spells next round."

Share the Load says, "When this character removes fatigue points during his Maintenance Phase, he removes 1 additional point." Takes Will 10.

Powerful Attack (Magical) is just powerful attack for a spell. Takes ARC 6.

Bounder is cost 1 rng 6 non-upkeep and says, "Target friendly character gains the Feat: Bounding Leap Mighty archetype benefit. Bounder lasts for one round." Mudfoot is cost 2 rng 10 and says, "Target character cannot run or charge and treats open terrain as rough terrain for one round."

Ret got a good new caster and most of our Casters got buffs or were left the same!

Ravyn still seems a bit weak tho, any reason to use her?

Thats really neat!

Does the Croak Race get anything cool?

Is Durst really the Wurst?

I have no idea what i'm doing with this list but I thought a bunch of annoying warjacks with anti-bullshit tech supported by Paladins, Vassals and a good ol' fashion Errant jamming unit would be nice. Plus sacrificial Zealots for the hell of it.

Croaks are:
PHY 5/7/7/8
SPD 6/7/7/7
STR 4/5/6/7
AGI 4/5/6/7
PRW 4/5/6/7
POI 3/5/5/6
INT 2/4/5/6
ARC */4/6/7
PER 3/4/6/7
Can take Cunning, Gifted, Skilled, and Mighty. Languages are Kworak, Havaati and one other. Height 45-60, 44-56. Weight 130-165, 95-150.They have Amphibious and Poison Glands which says, " A croak can spend a quick action to coat one of his melee or thrown weapons with poison, which affects the weapon’s next attack. A character damaged by a poisoned weapon must immediately make a PHY roll against a target number of 12. If the roll succeeds, nothing happens. If the roll fails, the target suffers an additional d3 damage. Croaks are immune to the effects of croak poison."

Praise Him!

Pretty good, even with int 2. I like them.

Having access to snipe is always good.

She literally hasn't changed since Mk2 beside getting on the higher side of warjack points.

Using a Gorgon to jam infantry or Aspis to shield guard can let her skirt the front line and clean up infantry.

And her feat is nice to make lower rat attacks hit more often like stormfall archers and save focus for jack guns.

But any way you used her before is just as viable now.

>b-b-b-but muh weak infantry

What are you talking about? Ret infantry is pretty fantastic. Was pretty good in Mk2 and even better in Mk3.

It was a shitpost about how people think infantry is shit in mk3

Infantry still strong, a few outliers got nerfed (but still stronk) and warjacks just became more.. accessible. Its still the same shit you just have probably 1-2 additional warjacks floating around now.

Can I use Kreoss 3 and get away with not taking cavalry? I like him but I don't really want to buy and paint a unit I feel underwhelmed by..

>Vayl2
>obliterated

A+

Where were you when 48m was get

Zealots are pretty bad, man. Durst doesn't really do anything for them either. I've found durst wants as many jacks as you can reasonably fit in the list.

What jacks should I take? What about a Judicator?

So, first major con of the year under the new rules. Look at this shit that got first and 3rd:

discountgamesinc.com/tournaments/tournaments/view/103

Man this edition looks so FUN to play. I mean those lists look like they were likely real FUN to play against.

>hating Dorfs finally taking a spot in top three

The Cephalyx list looks gay tho

tournament play has always been cancerous
also
>7 different factions in top 8
seems okay to me

Don't hate Dorfs. Hate gunlines, I migrated from 40k because of shit like that.

List 1 with Sorscha is just a gunline/assassination list.

List 2 is more of the same

Dorf list is the same.

Garbage edition if this holds.

Man I hate the new judicator. Without the choir hit buff it's not going to hit anything with inaccurate AOE3's or 8" sprays. The Revelator, on the other hand, looks like it'll be sick with everybody. For Durst, I like a Templar, and a Sanctifier to follow the infantry squad. I want to try Indictors for feat jamming, might work out against beasts since animi count as spells. A Guardian is nice, good threat and arc node for cheap. Reckoner or Vanquishers are decent, a single Vanquisher is good for anti infantry duty since its hard to jam now with 2" thresher. Vigilant is a good buddy for Durst.

Maybe a bit but at least there was piece trading. Gunlines didn't really exist.

This doesn't bode well looking at that shit.

if you legitimately look at all of those lists, there aren't many pure gunlines.

Widow makers in every khador list

Cunt hitching them confirmed btfo

It's almost like there's a variety of playstyles available now that are viable

I'm fairly certain the guy complaining about gunlines gave a quick glance at the list and saw models that shoot and claimed everything is a gunline

Are you on drugs? Here is the 1st list I was talking about

Sorscha 1
Behemoth
Juggernaut
Winter Guard Rifle Corps (max)
Winter Guard Infantry Rocketeer
Jozef Grigorovich
Widowmakers
Widowmaker Marksman
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
Kapitan Valachev
Reinholdt
Eiryss 1
Kell Bailoch
Alten Ashley

Now tell me, what is that list meant to do?

The gunbunny list is the only one that looks really obnoxious. Otherwise, the lists are if anything less spammy than Mk2 lists.

Warmachine has always had strong shooting elements in a number of armies, but melee is still present and a natural conclusion given the scenario formatting.

You're going to have to get close, and assuming equally skilled players, someone is getting charged, trampled, or otherwise an assassination vector.

Did you cherry pick a single list and then claim the entire game will fall under gunlines? Seriously?

Die horribly to decent shooting hate?

I mean, I may be biased because I play Circle, where shooting hate is a staple of every good caster, and Menoth, where Passage is a thing, but, yeah. You put 3x min Rifle Corps + max rocketeers in each, and you'd have something, but that's... just a good shooting list.

I think Harby is kind of in the Doghouse personally.

Seryn also took a major hit.

I really think that's about it though.

Where were you...

To be fair, it's a really awesome shooting list. There's basically nothing you can do about and you're going to die. Not sure if it's all the different from the Mk2 version

Most of the lists I've made are skews this edition

A Rahn Mittens list works well with Stormfall Archers right? All the Knockdown will make their Brutal shots deadly right?

75 pt Rahn List test
Rahn
-Sylys
-Aspis
-Phoenix
-Sphinx
2 magisters
3 mechanics
2 MHA
1 Artificer
2 Units of Battle Mages
1 unit SFA
1 Heavy Rifle Team

Artificer Protects my SFA, Rahn and Battle Mages+Magisters do their Hijinks, mechanics do mechanic stuff, MHAs are there to finish off stuff that gets wounded, Warjacks do Warjack stuff.

Should I drop the Aspis and both Magisters for a Gorgon and 1 more Artificer? I kinda think this list could make Rahn a little vulnerable, so the Aspis may be a good idea.

So what are your thoughts on this list? It's not that great against that Sorcha shooting list since Aiyana and Holt, but it seems like it can do anti infantry and armor decently.

War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Amon Castigator Madness

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza - WJ: +29
- Castigator - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Castigator - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 12)
- Castigator - PC: 12 (Battlegroup Points Used: 5)
- Castigator - PC: 12
- Dervish - PC: 7

Vassal of Menoth - PC: 3
Vassal Mechanik - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6

I was thinking that Amon fixes most of the problems with the Castigator, gives it better mat and power, increases threat on Combust, and generally speeds it up with pathfinder to boot. I'll probably swap out the mechanik with a Wrack.

Would

75 pt Rahn List test
Rahn
-Sylys
-Aspis
-Phoenix
-Sphinx
1 magister
3 mechanics
2 MHA
1 Artificer
2 Units of Battle Mages
1 unit SFA
2 Heavy Rifle Team

If those were crusaders you'd gain an entire extra heavy warjack and 4 points

>Castigated x7
Whyyyyy?

You lose out on an inch of threat and any anti infantry capabilities tho. Plus the Crusader has two more pow on the mace but two less on the off hand so I consider that mostly a wash. You can get to nine crusaders, it might shake out to be better but I wanted to give the Castigator a shot before throwing it in the garbage

Selling my Circle and picking up Cryx, the memes are too strong.

I want to play Venethrax and Scaverous. I'm already getting the new BB, and I've got an old Slayer and Skarlock Thrall sitting around.

What else should I get?

Croe's Cuttroats

>Plus the Crusader has two more pow on the mace but two less on the off hand so I consider that mostly a wash.
It really really isn't. A POW14 slapping-hand is find to pulp just about any infantry dudes, but when you're going in to a heavy you really want that extra POW on the main weapon because you're going to be buying up to three attacks with it, so having your POW loaded onto one weapon helps your heavy-killing math significantly.

Amon is literally the only caster that makes them not shit. Plus they're pretty cheap.

Already got em, I've got most of the mercs that'll work for Cryx, I think I'm only missing Steelheads and Devil's Shadow Mutineers.

Amon and 7+ heavies is good, pretty much regardless of the jacks used.

For the same cost as 7 Castigators, though, you could get 2 Castigators and 6 Crusaders, which I currently think is better. Main reason is with FM: Parry, tramples cover a lot of the anti-infantry you need, and you get more boxes and higher PS on most of the jacks.

I really like dual Sunbursts in Amon jackspam, though.

> Rhulic looking stronk now, I'm hype.
Can you explain why? Their artillery is better, and bunnies loves power up. But they have no good shooting otherwise, they're still slow as fuck, and with pre-meassures they'll always be on a receiving end.

What about this?
War Room Army

Protectorate of Menoth - Amon Castigator Madness

Theme: No Theme Selected
75 / 75 Army

High Allegiant Amon Ad-Raza - WJ: +29
- Crusader - PC: 10

Wrack - PC: 1

Choir of Menoth - Leader & 5 Grunts: 6
Deliverer Sunburst Crew - Gunner & 2 Grunts: 5

>there are still minion players complaining about the combining
What retards

Indeed. Hopefully the theme forces will shut them up.

Avalanchers are legit good with Durgen, Cont:Fire on AOE4 is scary, and they KD so the rest of your guns get to poop on whatever they hit. They can't punch heavies for shit, but a Durgen list can realistically remove two heavies at range so that isn't a big deal.

As for speed, Ossrum has Energizer so his jacks are effectively SPD6, and on feat turn they're effective SPD7 (or 9 with Energizer). His battlegroup has a 13" melee threat on feat turn, 10" otherwise, that is on the upper end of battlegroup threat without outside assistance. And if he wants to get really cheeky he can bring Lanyssa Ryssyl for Hunter's Mark too.

I want to pick up Rhulic at some point but having to pick up, mix in and paint all the other merc units they like has been a turn off.

I may have to commission someone else to paint it, my backlog is so full and I never have time for the hobby aspect anymore.

>Avalanchers are legit good with Durgen
It's still RNG 12 gun on the SPD 4 'jack (with 17 pts cost, no less).

> remove two heavies at range
On the feat turn, I suppose?

Energizer become worse, if anything - only one option now and no 3" movement. Also, I forgot to mention last time - no 'jaks with reach (aside from colossal ofc).

Is it just me or this edition making everything into a gunline battle. I feel even SKORNE want to be bringing a gunline now.

Idk I've always been shot at a lot in Mk I and II, even by our local Cryx players. Maybe that's just my meta in effect but to me its always been a ranged game with scenarios that force people into semi-close range.

Gunlines have always been strong. That is why scenarios exist. Without them, gunlines would win every game by just shooting and moving back.

Plus, it hasn't been a month yet and people are playing what they think is strong. Right now that is gunlines and jack spams. Once people start beating them then the meta will have to shift away from it.

Skorne gunline is legit though. Skorne gunline was good in MK2 but titan spam was just better. Now that Rasheth is a bigger player and Skorne melee beasts took a hit, it's kind of a natural progression.

Skorne still has a lot of melee shit though.

So plan for the orginal list is is to Congo throw the enemy heavys out of their casters control areas?

>Skorne still has a lot of melee shit though.

Emphasis being on the word 'shit'.

Or just punch them to death. With Choir and Synergy they get to 21 on both fists

I finally jumped ship from Skorne to minions since I already had some of them and they're way more viable now, enjoying them so far

>tfw Ghost Walk nerf killed pDenny pirates

>No Skorne
NANIIII???

I actually fell out of love with croes and scaverous. They are totally broke up

I recomend bane knights and blood witches, they work well with both casters. Nyss are good with most everyone, but they don't factor into my builds with these two.

For support you will want the withershadow combine, darragh wraith, bane lord tartarous, ragman, warwitch sirens x2. Flavor with soul trappers/ machine wraiths as needed.

Jacks- DJ, arc node of choice, wrong eye, then wait for the inflictor/seether kit. The harrower is also an option

Is that a jetpack?

>Gatorman Posse
Almost the whole faction

W I T N E S S E D

And we got a lot of new bonkers casters.