Elusive Magical Realm

Everybody on this board always seems to harp on about the dangers of entering the "Magical Realm", but did anyone of you actually ever encounter a player or GM who invoked the Magical Realm?

Is this merely a theoretical "problem" blown out of proportions because of the tendencies of thinking with your dick or are there really such people out in the open?

Required image unrelated obviously.

My DM once had us in the Underdark, and after failing a spot check, he turned off all the lights. We sat there in absolute darkness, listening to him rustle around, making the occasional grunting noise, until he suddenly flipped on the lights, blinding us all.

When I could finally see, I saw him dressed in a gorilla suit with two giant black dildos strapped to either side of his head, and he started to scream "YOU'VE FOUND THE UMBER HULK!!!"

He then violently raped us.

Yes. There's a reason I don't open invite in my local gaming community, and that's because of neckbeards all but fapping at the table while their GM is too fucking dumb/foolish to recognize they've asked him to act out their fetish.

It's also the reason why I write the Drow as a militantly xenophobic matriarchy rather than the more common BDSM elves.

I'm also relatively sure one of my GMs sublimates his emotional frustration IRL by targeting the party face with ephemeral and mercenary sexual encounters. He's surprisingly tasteful about it however, and typically writes it into the plot. Just a rather strange habit.

It's real. It's not as awful as Veeky Forums implies, and you can fix it with the smallest amount of spine, but it's real.

It's only really a problem if you're playing with randos over Roll20 why or in game finder-type threads, assuming you actually find a game everyone doesn't bail on before the first session. Specifically game finder threads. Folks who come around for ERP don't have the patience to stick around the minimum three months it takes to get a group together.

Once when we were just starting to play. We had one guy who had a huge drow fetish. It didn't really affect play though. He even GMed a game, in the Underdark of course, and it wasn't weird or creepy at all. The dude just really liked drow and added them whenever he could. Man, I haven't seen that guy in years.

>with the smallest amount of spine
Do you mean the complete rewriting of the culture of a race (drow) because you're uncomfortable and too much of a puritan to play with a culture being less reclusive about sex?

No; you see they're still having all that hot BDSM sex, you're just not invited.

Kinda like real life.

That does not really answer my question. The guy i replied to said they write drow as a militarily xenophobic matriarchy instead of BDSM elves. But the drow were written to be BDSM elves pretty much, so what that guy there does, is rewrite an entire race, because of their own prudish feelings about it.

"Ephemeral and mercenary sexual encounters"

What? They fuck ghost mercenaries?

I am the guy.

You're still not invited.

Wait so you rewrote them as being BDSM elves, except they only are BDSM elves within their own culture and to everyone else including your party they appear as xenophobic bastards?
That's cool.

They exist. I've had one cunt use "and is a lesbian with preference towards the younger partners" as a persistent character trait in nearly every game. In one game he abused the ability to get any kind of magical potion for a youth potion and shrinking potion. What followed was constant boob rides with his buddy's character and references to "spelunking" going on.

Eventually he got banhammered from the forum for running a blatantly pedo MAID game.

Drow were written to be color reverse elves. That is all.

They're Waluigi, man.

>They're waluigi man
So luigi is an elf?
THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING.

I actually had a case of a Magical Realm only going slightly wrong, and in a way you guys wouldn't think of: a longterm friend of mine and I ended up writing up a Magical Realm for shits and giggles just as a world-building exercise, trying to justify a world being slightly saturated in our fetishes. Sometime later, after a couple dozen pages of actual notes about potential adventure hooks, actual geopolitical relations in different area, and the high-concept supernatural things going on in the universe, we realized that we had put too much work into writing up these works to not use them a bit in some game some time, if we found the right group of people. I honestly wanted to run it just as a social experiment, and see how a magical realm turns out if you actually get all of your players to consent to having a game set up like that, instead of having surprise buttsex monsters who lactate buttercream icing.

Skip to a few months later, and friend reports that he's found a group that's into similar stuff to us online, and that some of them play tabletop games. It seems like it might be too good to be true, but I join up and start asking around. A huge dramatic shitstorm ensued that actually had nothing to do with the idea of a Magical Realm, but because the people in this online group were apparently super anal about mechanics and wanted a power fantasy where they've got wenches on their legs and a flumph on their cocks while everyone bows down to their awesome magical might. So part of my player base falls off.

Next, I had to deal with a bunch of other more timid people from the group, who were apparently excessively prudish f/a/gs who wanted gigantic furry titty-monsters with futa cocks that swing to their ankles and smaller waistlines than a human toddler, but who weren't okay with even vaguely sexual content. They apparently just wanted to have these chaos spawn be there to stand there and be fabulous, I dunno. [Cont'd]

So all of the weaboos leave because of 2lood (apparently sexually promiscuous baker's daughters and cuddling in your tent with your traveling companions on a lazy summer morning were too hot for them to handle). Game tally's back down to just Longterm Friend and I, because the last of our players flaked off because of wanting to distance themselves from the powergamers' drama (even though the powergamers were banned from the table for trying to open the asshole to the Eye of Terror's vagina). I was pretty depressed by this point, and turned to talk to a different tabletop group I had known online for a good couple of months and passed on the story of what had happened so far, since a couple of them had wanted to see how the experiment turned out. Two of the players- some of my best mates who have been in several games I've tried to run- decide to take pity and jump in, and they turn out to be into a bunch of the same stuff as well and are actually ERP writers who can put me to shame.

The Sexy-Comfy adventures persist to this day and we just have good fun as we go. Everyone who has stuck around has been having a blast, and I've been watching the chat the Powergamers are running for the Weebs and watched them try to start their own game with blackjack and hookers time and time again and watched these games break down over and over while we endure.

I just have one bit of advice for OP or anybody else who wants to think of running a game with higher-than-average sexual content or an outright Magical Realm: don't be afraid to talk to your local or online game buddies. Even if they're not that interested in your fetishes specifically, you'll definitely have a better time talking things over with them than recruiting strangers. A consensual Magical Realm takes a close-knit group who trust one-another, but if you find the right mix of people it'll end up being one of the favorite games you ever run.

So basically at this point the world has become Sexy-Comfy: the Game with tabletop buddies teaching longterm friend and I to write about love, while they go around the world as a trade caravan trying to corner luxury markets. An innumerable number of old Veeky Forums memes are being introduced with time. One of our characters is a promiscuous and ditzy warrior for her church who's equal parts Cultist Chan and Solaire; we have Crazy Hassan's handsome trader-prince cousin and one of the many, many grandchildren to Abdul al-Alhazred; and we have an extra-exotic dancer born of Faerie blood who's a very...capable dancer and a budding enchantress. There's also a gaggle of employees for their Honorable West-Tallarn trading company.

>people in this online group were apparently super anal about mechanics and wanted a power fantasy where they've got wenches on their legs and a flumph on their cocks while everyone bows down to their awesome magical might.
Sounds about right for your general flist or alike population.

>apparently excessively prudish f/a/gs who wanted gigantic furry titty-monsters with futa cocks that swing to their ankles and smaller waistlines than a human toddler, but who weren't okay with even vaguely sexual content.
That's weirder though.

But yeah, sex-connected online communities are full of drama and bitchyness.

Sane people are rare, although if you manage to find them, they're amazing.
>Two of the players- some of my best mates who have been in several games I've tried to run- decide to take pity and jump in, and they turn out to be into a bunch of the same stuff as well and are actually ERP writers who can put me to shame.
>The Sexy-Comfy adventures persist to this day and we just have good fun as we go.
Good end.

Every time your character is not human, you've entered the Magical Realm.
Every time you have non-male character, you've entered the Magical Realm.
Every time your character is not white, you've entered the Magical Realm.
Every time your character has a remarkable physical trait, you've entered the Magical Realm.
Every time your character wears described, specific clothes, you've entered the Magical Realm.
Every time your character has a passion, a hobby, anything he likes to do, you've entered the Magical Realm.
Every time your character has more power and agency than a vaguely-fit commoner, you've entered the Magical Realm.
Every time your character interacts with other characters outside buying and selling combat equipment and acquiring quest contracts, you've entered the Magical Realm.

The only way to not be a filthy sexual deviant who ruins the hobby for ever by your existence alone is to play a white human male with brown eyes, hairs and (nondescript) clothes who is a fighter on purely mercenary ways.

>This guy finds people who he can run lewd-but-serious campaigns with
>has an ongoing longterm sexycomfy campaign

>meanwhile i couldn't find a group that didn't fall apart or kick me, or just vanish, or never start for over 3 years

Who do i have to make a sacrifice to?

Surprisingly, Slaanesh. Being an amicable-yet-curmudgeonly Forever DM really helps in the long run, and sometimes if you're lucky you can 'inspire' people to run games of their own so you can have a fucking break every now and again. Good luck finding a slightly more stable group!

>where they've got wenches on their legs and a flumph on their cocks
The hell's a flumph?

It's basically a gigantic altruistic airborne jellyfish.

My current campaign I DM is kinda in an overlapping venn diagram of everyone's magical realms.

It wasn't originally intended as an erp game, which is why it works so well. They're all legitimately well thought out characters who sometimes have sex, and our small little group was fine with sex being included where it made sense and as long as it doesn't wreck the story or pacing, DM reserves the right to fade to black as needed and the moment anyone says they're uncomfortable, it's over.

'Magical Realm' is supposed to refer to unwanted or uncomfortable sexual content being forced into a game, but too often has come to mean any sexual content even being referenced in a game, to the point where I've heard people calling it because one character so much as flirted with someone.