>What is the best deck in the format?
>What are you playing?
>What do you least want to see?
>What do you most want to see?
>What is your meta (generalization)?

Miracles.
>What are you playing?
Jeskai Miracles (Mentor / Helmerator / Blood Moons)
2 Blood Moon
4 Brainstorm
4 Counterbalance
2 Counterspell
4 Flooded Strand
1 Flusterstorm
4 Force of Will
1 Helm of Obedience
3 Island
2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2 Monastery Mentor
3 Plains
3 Polluted Delta
4 Ponder
2 Rest in Peace
4 Sensei's Divining Top
2 Spell Pierce
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Terminus
2 Tundra
3 Volcanic Island

Sideboard:
3 Containment Priest
1 Council's Judgment
1 Helm of Obedience
1 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
2 Rest in Peace
1 Umezawa's Jitte
4 Wasteland
2 Wear / Tear
Shardless BUG, Moist (U) Jund (AKA Waterfalls), BUG fit / NIC fit
I can crush Omni-Show, Show & Tell, (Insert Degenerate Combo Deck Here), RU / RUG / BUG / RUW Delver Variants, and team america.
25% Aggressive Delver Style Decks
25% Grindy (Shardless BUG, Jund, ETC)
25% Combo (Reanimator, Sneak & Show, Omni-Show, Oops All Spells, Storm TES/ANT)
25% Mystery****

Mystery: Dredge, Splinter Twin, MUD, Elves, Affinity, Eldrazi, Tezzerator, Belcher, Painted Stone, ETC...

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lgc-jeskai-uwr-mentor-miracles/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tax-rack-legacy/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Miracles: tappedout.net/mtg-decks/lgc-jeskai-uwr-mentor-miracles/

Miracles
>What are you playing?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/tax-rack-legacy/
Show and Tell
Miracles
Alot of Miracles and Burn.

Land tax is the best deck. Most fun I've had playing magic.

I feel like losing Snapcaster hurts that deck a lot

I am on the fence. I was considering the Four Snapcaster Variation with Council's Judgement in the main.

BUT:
Monastery Mentor is bonkers
Blood Moon is bonkers for the meta I play in
There is 1-2 dedicated dredge players in my local meta. I have a 15% chance to see a graveyard based deck at least once in a 4+ round event.

Do not mind me just a miracles mage waiting to find my damage based wincon.

Miracles, it has no glaring weaknesses
>What are you playing?
Grixis Delver, 3 different ones: therapy, decay and stifle
Lands, it's unwinnable
Infect, Shardless or random Combo decks
Chalice Decks, Blood moon decks, Dredge and Random Tier 1 Decks

>>What is the best deck in the format?
Miracles.
>>What are you playing?
Burn
Fearless Dredge
Pox Rack
Deadguy
my Aristocrats homebrew
>>What do you least want to see?
Big Red and other Chalice+Trinisphere bullshitters.
>>What do you most want to see?
Shardless and D&T.
>>What is your meta (generalization)?
Local meta is
>6-10 Burn
>6-8 Deathblade/Maverick/Deadguy
>5-8 Delver
>4-6 D&T
>3-5 Shardless
>3-5 Eldrazi
>3-5 Miracles
>3-5 Omnishow
>Dredge
>Merfolk
>Elves
>Eldrazi
>Goblins
>Slivers
>Big Red
>Demon Stompy
>Lands
>Punishing Jund
>Reanimator
>Affinity
>Twin

The average local tournament is 28-36 people but we've managed 46+.

That makes sense, I'm just not over the moon about RIP against Dredge. Snap/Surgical is probably my favorite anti-dredge package.

Snap/Plow is also my favorite anti-combo package. I like 3 snaps/2 mentors/2 predict/1 Counterspell

>Miracles, it has no glaring weaknesses
It does tho; the pilot.

I love Dragon Stompy

Best deck is secretly Splinter Twin.

>>What are you playing?
D&T

Garbage Miracucks that take three minutes to Top once. Learn to fucking play. Thanks.

Nevinyrral's Disk win a GP

Eldrazi, Stoneblade and Dredge

Splinter Twin Stompy is legit

Miracles
>What are you playing?
Pic related
Eldrazi or Shardless. Especially Eldrazi.
I personally love navigating the mirror. It's everything I love in a match.
There's not a huge scene locally, but we've got Painter, Merfolk, ANT, Eldrazi, Lands, S&S and D&T
Is anyone else going to Worcester in July?

Predict/Blood Moon are better against Shardless, you could try Mentors against Eldrazi

Miracles. Hate the lock and hate going to time
>>What are you playing?
Death and Taxes
Miracles. It's not a "Hard" matchup, but it is boring.
I actually really love the format and my LGS has a nice diverse meta, so basically anything is fine so long as the events fire.
Mostly Miracles and D&T, though as I stated earlier it does have plenty of other decks. Shardless, Nic Fit, Burn, Storm variants, Doomsday, etc.

Moon is cool, Chalice at 1 turn 1 is the faggotiest thing anyone can do.

Turn 1 Chalice 1 is a fair play. Fuck your Tops, Brainstorms and Ponders.

turn 2 chalice 1 is fair. turn 1 chalice 1 is fair if you spent a ramp spell or spirit guide to do it. turn 1 chalice 1 off a sol land is the most frustrating thing to watch the other guy do for several tier 1 decks.

Miracles, obviously.
>>What are you playing?
Mostly eldrazi, occasionally Burn
Imperial painter. Unwinnable for eldrazi.
Most delver decks. Rug being my best matchup
Mostly combo (storm and show and tell decks for the most part), miracles and a couple of burn kids.

Chalice is for semen slurpers and is likely to get banned eventually anyway.

>a card that didn't make top 8 at either gp is likely to get banned
>the only card that's good against brainstorm is likely to get banned
Stay mad bluefags

MUD Metalworker master race reporting in, slamming T1 Chalices and Trinispheres feels great, thanks.

Metalworker and traditional Stompy decks were never the problem. The problem is Eldrazi being nonartifact colorless creatures with ridiculously pushed powerlevels. Only Eldrazi makes Chalice unbearable and only riding on the back of the turn 2 Thought-Knot Seer follow-up which should generally be lights-out.

I suppose, but going Tomb Grim Metalworker and next turn slamming a Sundering Titan to blow up their lands has never felt bad and is something every player should experience at least once.

Eldrazi is not that tough to beat. For any deck except storm

Eldrazi is the only Stompy deck that only runs one prison piece. I'm way more terrified of people realizing that Moggcatcher Stompy is actually good

Dragon Stompy reporting in. I make the people that make other decks cry cry. Turns out Miracles can't beat turn 1 Trinisphere, turn 2 Chalice 1 Trinisphere, turn 3 Magus of the Moon

Smells like mad Delver fags.
That's what you get for not paying mana for your Counterspells and masturbating with your Cantrips.

And a completely different topic.

>small tournament
>winner was on Burn

Just as a disclaimer: he won - there is no arguing about that and I am not even salty because I neither played him nor had any shot at a good placing anyways.
But damn the chlichés are so true.

>he played Price of Progess in response to cracking a fetch
>didn't know the fetchland goes to the yards as part of the cost

>tried to Smash to Smithereens a SFM

>tried to Smash to Smithereens a Top still on the stack
>was told this does not work because Top is not on the battlefield yet
>he waits for the Top to resolve and tries againt to Smash it
>wat.jpg

It runs both Thorns and Chalices, if meta is only Lands and SNT they can side in Ensnaring Bridge and Leyline+Helm.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/13-03-16-ddft/

Been playing this bad bitch to enough success that I feel comfortable taking it to scg worcester. Thoughts?

Miracles
>What are you playing?
Chaos Elves
Miracles unless they underestimate GSZ for two getting Teeg game one
Fair decks, I autowin.
Tons of people, but about 50% Grixis Delver.

So according to this spreadsheet, since I hate my opponents and want them to know it, I should be playing Stax. But there are many various Stax decks: black, white... Which Stax deck is the best, and which runs easiest on a budget?

Lol, have a list?

//Lands
4 Ancient Tomb
2 Island
4 Misty Rainforest
2 Mountain
4 Scalding Tarn
1 Taiga
1 Tropical Island
3 Volcanic Island

//Spells
4 Blood Moon
4 Brainstorm
4 Chalice of the Void
2 Daze
4 Force of Will
3 Impulse
2 Misdirection
3 Mox Diamond
1 Pact of Negation
4 Splinter Twin

//Creatures
4 Deceiver Exarch
1 Kiki-Jiki, Mirror Breaker
3 Pestermite

//Sideboard
SB: 2 Engineered Explosives
SB: 1 Ratchet Bomb
SB: 1 Relic of Progenitus
SB: 2 Tormod's Crypt
SB: 2 Magus of the Moon
SB: 3 Ancient Grudge
SB: 3 Surgical Extraction
SB: 1 Volcanic Fallout

das it mane

T1 Thorn of Amethyst is significantly less threatening then t1 blood moon or Trinisphere

Black Stax, White Stax, Red Stax and Brown Stax are the main ones. Brown is the most expensive, I think white or red are the best

What the fuck is this?

>he doesn't know what the evolution of Faerie Stompy is

Sea Stompy, the deck of kings

I sense a person who is salty (because of Miracles).

That must be quite the shift to switch from Eldrazi to Burn and back and forth. I like how most of the Eldrazi blank out the massive amount of main boarded abrupt decays.

>best deck in the format isn't dredge
i wut?
>What are you playing?
Doomsday/ANTfag as well as gobbos and the gate
leldrazi actually being anything other then the meme deck it is
doomsday/ANT hybrid decks taking off to shitstomp the miraclebabbies
Stax, Enchantress, Lands.dec, some stormfags, some zoofags, one merfolkfag, a dredgefag, my friend plays DnT then theres whatever shit i come in to crap about with, oh also we see a canadian threshfag once in a while, as well as the dickhead imperial painter guy who everyone is certain steals shit but nobody has proof.

Painter here. Fuck Miracles, play Eldrazi. Its totally a good deck.

Painter has negative EV on their card.

>Painter willingly 2 for 1s themselves.

I'm not sure if you know what "EV" or "2 for 1" means

Doomsday fags routinely shoot themselves in the foot with their own deck. Doomsday is needlessly complicated.

Instead of doomsday people should play ANT or TES and take advice from Bryant Cook.

Even in vintage doomsday players shoot themselves in the foot.

Doomsday does not allow you to keep a tank of mental energy for a 5 round event.

leldrazi is a joke, some dickhead from chicago came into my group up here:
and tried playing that shit, he got laughed out of the store for being the modernbabby he is after losing about 7 times in a row then bitching about how legacy wasn't a real format anyways.

That is his fault for not being okay with a high variance deck.

If you play a high variance deck (AKA lots of mulligans) then you have to be okay with looking for your essential pieces.

Seriously: Watch legacy's allure and Chris Van Meter even addresses the fact that a deck like Sneak and Show does mulligan a lot, and pilots have to be okay with taking a gamble to find their winning pieces.

Eldrazi players are basically playing an above curve beat down when they lack a chalice or trinisphere.

Hey when Stephen Menedian a vintage expert struggles to play Vintage Doomsday and he is a verified academic, your point of someone with ADHD not being able to play the deck is void.

You have to take into account the mental strain of any deck. I feel ANT /TES are great decks, but if you feel exhausted after two rounds of this deck you are not the correct pilot and should not take it to a 15 round GP.

Miracles (the best deck in the format) has a huge learning curve and mental energy expenditure, but can be overcome with meditation and practice, practice, practice, and even more practice.

Not even Joe Lossett has truly mastered miracles. There is always a new card or new meta forcing him to learn and evolve with the format.

Basically this. Doomsday ain't that hard. I jumped into legacy with doomsday. Beginner shit. You just don't like counting past 5 while playing childrens' card games.

the problem with eldrazi is essentially the fact that if someone can deal with chalice or sphere right away they are completely screwed.

>sea stompy
More like pee stompy

This is different then you said before which basically was "kek doomsday is shit and your shit for playing it, why don't you play ANT/TES instead scrub" which is both wrong and ignorant at best.
Mental strain is doable with practice and actually knowing whats the most popular thing you can deal with, if theres a lot of miracle shit everywhere you should be prepared to probably deal with miracle and the likes.

>people keep claiming miracles is the best deck when it eats shit all the time to dredge and dredge has been legacys boogyman for years now since everytime people forget about the fact it dominates as soon as its ignored it shitstomps the meta.

>its called Sea Stompy
>all it does is kill shit forever and then poke at crap for turns on end

SEE
(NaCl)

>being this mad for being wrong

Doomsday can stone walled flusterstorms, FoW, Spell Pierce, Daze(s), and maybe a spell snare here or there.

RUG / BUG / UWR / UR Delvers just clock you down and then you are forced into Lightning Bolt Territory.

BTW you are not shit for playing the deck.
YOUR DECK (doomsday) is fragile to hate.

If you are going to call me a faggot spell it right because I am worth way more than 2 Gs.

You probably spell it FAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG(wealthier than you)GGGGGOT

heres a (you)
enjoy being forevermad.

I think the wisest legacy advice I have ever heard is "there is no inherent value to playing doomsday".

Once people get past the initial rush of playing a flashy "complicated" deck, they see that it basically plays out like ANT, with the good matchups being better and the bad matchups being worse.

What are you talking about? Dredge has not been a tier 1 deck because it's not terribly consistent or good.

I legit don't know why you are so pissed at Doomsday your entire post is quite literally "your deck is shit since removal exists" which most decks run into problems when things are removed at the right time and the right place.

TL;DR why you so mad brohams?

>implying

Eldrazi are playing 4 mana 4/4's and 5 mana 5/5's. Decks that can ignore chalice tend stomp it, and once chalice is out of the picture other decks draw better.

It's way different than Sneak and Show. Sneak and Show can brainstorm out of a mulligan. Eldrazi can't mitigate a double mulligan

no dredge hasn't been T1 because its easily hateable, theres a massive difference there, its one of those decks where either you are prepared to shitstomp it or you roll over and die, thats how it works.

I've consistently beat Dredge with Delver g1. The deck struggles with hate cards, but those hate cards aren't in specifically for dredge. It's reasonably favored against Miracles, but doesn't do anything especially well.

Not really. Deathrite rolls over it, a well placed force can dismantle the whole deck. The hate that people run is primarily for lands/sneak and Show, it just happens to also destroy dredge

thats why i put the second part here:
Dredges main problem is if you can break their graveyard in half they are completely screwed and thats even worse in manaless dredge and if you arn't carrying the GY hate your screwed, thats about all there is too it, the reason i placed it at top tier is because of the fact that no matter how in the actual fuck the meta changes, if graveyard hate goes away dredge will shitstomp any deck in legacy in a straight out fight and thats something i doubt will change any time in the future.

Again, you don't need hate to dismantle dredge. I've won plenty of games using a bolt to pop a timely Bridge, or forcing an led/breakthrough.

Furthermore, no one runs hate for dredge. It's all hate that also hoses dredge + deathrite.

If you hate your opponents and want them to know it you should be playing eldrazi and talking shit the entire time. Not enough to get a judge call, but enough to let them know.

Dredge has been beat down because:
[1] DRS is a 4 of in 25% of any meta.
[2] The pilots crush game 1, and struggle to remain relevant in Games 2 & 3.
[3] Rest in Peace, Tormod's Crypt, Nihil Spellbomb, Leyline of the Void, Grafdigger's Cage, and many other answers exist.
[4] Many of the hate pieces people have mainboard for other matchups.
[5] A low number of truly skilled dredge pilots. I can point to one Dredge Pilot (Joesph Moreno). Him and only him as a tier I level pilot. Most dredge pilots are not prepared to SB with the deck.

Or just play Miracles and clearly be oblivious of the rules. Try to trigger counterbalance off aether vial etc

Lets lighten the mood here:

I just play Dragon Stompy and laugh as they never get to put a single spell on the stack

Can't answer the rest of the questions cause I don't play competitive legacy

>What are you playing
Legacy Goblins, still debating who I like better between Warchief and Chieftain

I hate that card on every deck but Eldrazi: I'm thrilled that they play that garbage. Delver player here.

The answer is David Bowie, the Goblin King

But user I don't have blood moon and to justify my laziness I use a playset of rishadan port

Tezzerator should be played a lot more often. The deck is strong and can compete in any meta. I do not own the deck. I do not play the deck, but having played against it, I think the decks needs someone to win a GP or series of IQs with it to champion the deck.

it could be good, but it also needs an extremely competent pilot to pull off successfully.

I do agree. The people who rock with the deck are people who have been playing it for 3+ years and know every little nook and cranny (spell check) of the deck.

I saw a creative pilot turn their anemic board into 5/5 monstrosities and crush out of no where.

I have also had my Jitte become a 2/2 and die to a removal spell :(

The deck threatens thopter swords, but rarely can resolve it.

The goblin welder version a little bit more flexible.

Its a meta deck, it's unlikely to do well in a large tournament

I do have a question for the community:

Where are all the legacy infect (Berserk Poison) players? The data says they are 2%-3% of the meta. I have seen the deck played only once in all the tournaments, store events, and GP side events.

Is Berserk Poison a regional deck?

Someone got a top8 finish with Doomsday at a scg classic this weekend.

>Best Deck
Miracles, although I think Eldrazi is very good.

>Playing
NO Elves, but I just built Infect as a second deck. I'll probably lend Infect to a buddy for SCG Worcester and play Elves myself.

>Least want to see
Sneak and Show, Regular (non-legend) miracles, Storm, Reanimator

>Most want to see
Shardless, Delver, D&T, Dredge, Nic Fit

>Meta
Heavy: Shardless, Delver, D&T
Medium: Miracles, Lands, Reanimator/Tinfins, Nic Fit
Light: Elves, Burn, Storm, Show and Tell, Jund

What's your list?

Can someone help me figure out what to take our for 2 predicts? I'm wanting to try them out but having difficulties deciding on what to take out.

Ignore the underground seas, they're for side board cards

One entreat and side one counterbalance.

I see people siding a counterbalance a lot but I've tried playing with 3 before and I always seem to find them too late if they aren't in the top 7 cards of my library

1 entreat, 1 Counterspell.

Then aren't I getting a lil low on counters?

Do you have nihil spell bomb in the SB?

I change the board a lot but currently ye

Counterspell is really slow, I don't think you really need to worry about having a certain number of "counters". Your deck is made of answers.

If you're running thoughtseize/duress/surgical extraction in the SB I would suggest a 3rd snapcaster.

Like, I might go -2 mentor, -1 counterspell +1 Snapcaster +2 Predict