Redpill me on this, Veeky Forums

Redpill me on this, Veeky Forums

Is it really going to overtake MtG? A handful of my friends got into it last year and while they were full on competitive standard and modern players with well constructed EDH decks now they have since sold the EDH and standard stuff and isntead seem to focus more on FoW than they do on Modern.

>Is it really going to overtake MtG
No. I'm a fowfag and it will never overtake MtG.
It has issues with art consistency though and the story is asscheeks. Balancing is also something they can't seem to do well. Rather than blue gets everything, green gets everything. Reflect/Refrain is still the go-to rulers. The fact that it's a jap game means it also draws in undesirables.

That said I do really like the game. It's very cheep compared to MtG and most importantly fun.

It's fun, cheap, and has good mechanics.
Like said, it's still in a broken state, like MtG's Alpha.
If it gets big, it's going to take a long time.

>MtG's Alpha
Funnily enough we have alpha tier dual stones. But yeah, this game can get obscene. I got turn three Huanglong'd once.

>Is it really going to overtake MtG?

Pick any random restaurant from Kitchen Nightmares that ended up shutting down after the episode was broadcast. That restaurant has a higher chance of overtaking Mcdonalds than FoW has of overtaking M:tG within the next fifteen years.

>Redpill me on this, Veeky Forums

Females will spermjack you in order to divorce rape you. Make sure you pocket all the used condoms in a mobile safe immediately after intercourse and clean your dick with rubbing alcohol.

I am now a #magicmissle

>green gets everything
Do you even play competitive? R/R is used for variety of decks absolutely none of which contain green. Necolance and Shion Seraph Combo are the only real decks right now. RG aggro gets fucking shat on now that it lost Cthugha to rotation, and even before then it was still a minority compared to Alice's World and Incarnation decks.

Have you forgotten about the 4 sacred beasts deck or anything Kaguya 3.0? Green is like mtg's blue in that it's typically a support color but it's not bad by any means.

Is valentina 2 still doable?

>40 dollars for a set of rulers memoria
>Cheap

>Constantly see people attempt force of will threads
>Never seethem take off

Why

Green gets counterspells, good value creatures, ramp, and pump. Green has the only protection from Black Moonbeam in Wind-Secluded Refuge. Green can drop 6 drops on turn 3.

> Choose any number of attributes. This card becomes those attributes until end of turn.

...what does that even mean?

Attribute is this game's word for color. Means she can become any color or combination of colors.

I have played magic in many locations (California, Texas, Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., and up and down the east coast).

I have seen a total of 10 people convert to Force of Will. The game is a grown up Yu-Gi-Oooooooooh fuck my silly hard boy. The game is not bad, but it is heavily geared toward 10-15 year olds.

>NO DCI EQUIVALENT
>WTF

Should I be buying those up, by the way?

Why is The Observer so shit. I just want to have fun, but getting run over by Kaguya and Ygg gets old.

Yo, I just bought the Machina, The Machine Lord starter.

How can I buff up from this deck? I like being a machine overlord. Honestly the deck is all about summoning monsters faster than the opponent and destroying his monsters.

The new expansion (Battle for Attoractia) has great machine support. Machina 1.0 gets a lot of new options. Invest in the new stuff.

Gotcha.

To be fair, most of the people who complain about green "getting everything" are assblasted blue players who think blue should be getting everything instead.

Green and blue got her, though. She's insane on either side. Fight with pump plus steal a dude on death is legit.

No. They have already stated that Dual Stones are being reprinted in the Vingolf set coming out later next month.

It won't overtake MtG and probably nothing ever will until a new huge IP happens akin to Pokemon and YuGiOh and prints a card game that becomes super popular for a little while and then it will most likely drift below MtG while still having a large enough audience to survive like everything else.

FoW is definitely my card game of choice though. I like the magic stone deck and ruler mechanics enough to bump it above MtG for me.

how cheaply can i make my waifu here? I like the fact that she's aggro and no i don't really care if she's super competitive i would just like to have a deck in case FoW picks up in my area.

Her deck mostly builds itself these days. Fire has a core of rukh egg / guinevere / lancelot that few fire decks stray from, I doubt she's an exception. After that, give her some moons and a way to become imperishable (laevateinn, which also boosts her flip damage) and kamikaze her into the enemy. Shouldn't be too expensive, though you might want to replace lance with werewolves or something to fit the need to put moon cards in.

No.

It's weeb garage version of YGO. Which is already a weeb trash version of Mtg. Which already sucks.

Because stuff like
This board might as well be /mtg/ as far as tcgs go, and a lot of mtg players have a favorite pastime of ripping on other tcgs.

It doesn't help either that FoW has close design philosophy with early mtg with some tweaks (outside of art design), which inevitably draws comparisons between the two.

While it won't top MTG by any means I do feel it has the potential to survive and have a long life span with a small but dedicated fan base, like the L5R card game and UFS card game. At the best in a couple years it might reach the same level that YuGiOh has currently.

Not gonna lie that's all greek to me, so what do the moons go and what's imperishable is it like indestructible? also how to flip abilities work? Is it once per game like the WoW tcg or does your j-ruler flip back?

Moon is a card type. Most of them are addition: fields. Little red riding hood requires one to be played to J Activate.

Imperishable means that a J Ruler flips back to ruler side after having been destroyed (whereas they usually enter an "astral ruler" state). This gives Little Red protection from things like red damage spells that would otherwise destroy her before she has much impact on the battlefield. Little red also likes flipping back to ruler side anyway and will do so even without being destroyed due to the text on her J Ruler side. Imperishable just gives you insurance on keeping her around to keep flipping and lets you kamikaze her into an enemy for extra impact on her flipped turn with little drawback.

J Rulers never flip back unless you play one of very few cards that let them do so, or they do so because of their own abilities (such as Little Red's)

Ah i see, so where can i get some singles? I've looked around starcity and channel fireball and they don't seem to have any

No. source: If it weren't for this board I would have never heard of it.

is it a computer game or a real life game?

Try talking to women. Just talking. Hell, there has to be at least one woman where you work. Commiserate with her about how much the coffee in the break room sucks or something.

TCGPlayer, CoreTCG, ebay.

New to FoW but I'm interested in this little bastard. Where do I start?

I am still in shock that this came out in the U.S. I was living in Japan when it came out, and I picked a bunch of stuff up off Amazon when the 3rd set came out. I visited over 10 cards shops, including all the major ones in Akihabara and I could not find a single soul who plays it. Now I have a big box of them wasting space.

If you can get a buddy and two intro decks then start there. After that, you can start building decks and seeing if others in your community want to play.

Don't buy Rezzard.

Western release saved the game from almost certain doom. It had a very poor showing initially in Japan, which has an extremely bloated and competitive TCG market.

She's fun to play, but also one of the game's most technical rulers. Don't be discouraged if you find your nose in the comprehensive rules every game for a while to understand some of the complexities of her J ruler side. Building her deck can be as easy as buying up some packs or a box of The Moonlit Savior, since most of her good cards are self-contained in the set she debuted in. You'll definitely want Apollo x4 and a smattering of Awakening cards. See what works and what doesn't and tweak from there.

It's dead in japan. I think i read somewhere that it's first tokyo regional only have 20 players or something.

Anyone collectors here own any of the Valhalla set? I want to start collecting some of it in English but most of it I can find seems to be on eBay and shipping from Malaysia. Is this stuff legit, and is there a better place to find these cards in English?

I want to fuck Piruruk.

If anything overtakes magic it wont be for a long time. FoW has problems but I love it. I feel that it has a lot more interactivity than magic and I just have more fun playing it.
So, what is everyone playing? Right now I have three decks: Blazer 12 apostles, Green Machines(that i still need to update) and a Blazer Dance of the shadows deck. I can post decklists if anyone is interested.

Might as well just post them. We need more discussion anyway. One of the issues that plagues the game here and even in my own shop is people's unwillingness to speak first about things. The culture here is, or at least was, about "lurking moar" rather than posting which I think hurts the threads in the long run. As for the shop, when I recently asked patrons if they wanted tournaments on one day, another day, of both, I got a room of people simply looking around but not willing to raise a hand or say anything to confirm or deny a day. I understand most of us aren't the most outgoing, but I think we could step it up and contribute more to the conversation.

So here's the 12 apostles one:
4 interdimensional monarch gill
4 alices little scout
4 messenger familiar
4 space-time anomaly
4 guinevere
2 attoractia, dimension of the seven kings
4 izanami, the sealed terror,
2 valentina, puppet monarch
1 Leviathan, the First of the Sea
2 hera
2 adombrali
3 titania
3 muse
1 phoenix, flame of the world
I like the deck a lot but ive only really gotten to test it against my girlfriend's kaguya deck so far. Theres a few things im not so sure about like the izanagis, Ive considered switching the deck around a little to try to accomadate necrolance or maybe adding urthrs, flame king shouts, and alisaris but it needs more testing.
The Dance of the Shadows deck is something like:
4 guinevere
4 rukh egg
4 lancelot
4 necromancy of the undead lord
4 dance of the shadows
4 laiveteinn
3 celestial wing seraph
3 lucifer
2 izanagi
3 urthr
3 flame kings shout
2 barrier of shadows
That one has been tested a lot more and has done very well in my locals
The last one is green machines and im not 100%sure where i want to go with it yet. I might do green/blue or blue/red because i think engineer of leginus is too good to pass up and guinevere would be very good in the deck.
I would love to see what some of you have been brewing,

I've been running with a Valentina 1.0 list:
4 musician of shangri la
4 queen's envoy
4 Alice's little scout
4 wererabbit of the aqua moon
4 hanzo hattori
4 Cheshire Cat
4 shangri la
4 mermaid of tragic love
2 peasant revolt
2 Hera
4 the overlord's invasion party

Obviously it's new frontiers instead of cluster and I haven't actually added queen's envoy yet, but it's a fun deck. Lots of card draw and having aether vial as your ruler really helps with surprise plays.

"Redpill me on this" is a shit meme and makes you sound like a conspiracy tard. Or did you mean the game?

Hah, no. Momentum alone will keep Magic's lumbering corpse hurtling forward for at least a few more years after it finally dies.

How are you building it?

Because his design is the stupid "Let's make his Ruler side do nothing and have an inane cost to flip, but God forbid if you let this one-legged man flip with some board presence!"

He's something of a 6 turn or so ruler in a 4-5 turn game. Very fun to play casually though.

Tier 1 decks cost maybe 150 dollars max with some pimped out rarities, playset of memoria included.

Ok i'm about to pull the trigger and just straight up buy an Alice deck, should i bother with dual lands for tech or should i just go straight red? Any pimp cards i should know about for her? I figured instead of buying a 2nd box of eldritch moon (i usually buy 2 boxes of a new set, 1 to draft, 1 to crack) i'm going to get this so budget is about $100-$150 i don't mind going to 200

Singapore/Malaysia (mostly Sing though) are weeb central of south east asia, probably legit. I know they have a huge Vanguard/WS scene there, no idea about fow.

Oh hey, new spoilers out. This time VC3 cards revealed and most look pretty good thanks to VC3's art style. They really could've worked on the backgrounds though, but I guess that's expecting too much when every card art is literally ripped straight from the game.

Example of atleast decent looking art from this release, unlike the VC1 spoiler cards.

Here's the less decent VC3 spoiler.

Next I'll post VC1 spoilers to compare.

Here's a VC1 non-creature spoiler.

And then example of a VC1 creature spoiled.

That said, this is how these cards SHOULD HAVE looked.

I hate to break it, but she's not a great commander aggro-wise. She hoses all of one deck with her return-to-ruler side, and can potentially dodge trouble if the enemy taps out, but is in return hosed by common regalia among other things.

If you're determined like me, run wolf waifu in Red-White, get yourself some Tsukuyomi Nobles. Run Pure Moon of Holy Nights, run Bloody Moons in the sideboard, run that new 2-drop colorless 0/1500 moon.

Get Lavetienn (a 0-drop sword that buffs her damage), get Excalibur (specifically the 0-drop one that can give her +200/+200), and start experimenting from there.

I personally run Little Dreads (for Awakening / Pure Moon), Glepnir (draw a card for each Glepnir out when she hits the opponent), and the regalia Marybell (removes pesky opponent regalia.)

Kinda sad how Alex virtually replaced her in most decks.

See for little red assistance
I'd suggest buying a box of Vingolf 1 (the second one is not nearly as valuable, speculation-wise, so far, you want the one with the animu historical figures and not the Valkyrie Chronicles ones). Try and find the Melgis/Faria duel deck, it has a good portion of the Regalia cards you need and Flame King Shout, which is good to keep blockers down in a pinch.

As for buying a box, buy any combo of the following:
MOA is a "recap" set for the Grimm cluster and is cheap for what it contains. Great for trading off in most FoW communities, and you will get enough copies of things to trade.
2. The "black box" set, which last I checked is the most expensive but contains the dual-color stones.
3. The newest one, it won't help with Little Red much but it's got pretty high value.

Other products I suggest are Vingolf 1, Melgis vs. Faria duel decks, and/or any starter deck, they're all pretty good.

That art is fucking Poser-tier.

Yeah, every VC1 card spoiled so far has been... really bad. They don't even make sense flavour vise. Marina should be high attack, low defence creature with target attack, she's a goddamn sniper!

The guy/team that design light for the new Vingolf dropped the ball. Water doesn't look amazing, but at least it looks somewhat playable.

>Two Alicias as Rulers
I...

Wouldn't bloody moon be a good main board option for her? Sure, you have to run some werewolves to really get enough out of it, but having the option to banish it and snipe some ruler's memoria sounds great in theory.

Love the deck, ran one similar last night, but going U/B/W in order to run Time Space Anomalies and Alice Guardian of dimensions.

Still best girl.

Yeah, unless you run up against a deck that doesn't heavily utilize multicolored stones. And believe me, it'll happen. 2 and 2 is fine if you really want them, but since my build uses no werewolves, I plan to put them in the sideboard as I get those new 2-mana 0/1500 moons. Tsukuyomi Noble acts as control and a good blocker for your aggro engine, Pure Moon of Holy Nights buffs Little Dreads too.

If you run Werewolves (I don't suggest it, if only because Red Rush is overall better), then Bloody Moon is fine.

You can also drop White for Black- it gets you Flame of Outer World, a great burn spell, and you can use Cthuga + Rukh Egg with a few other Cthulus.

You can even do Red-Blue, but I don't know about that potential build. I'd say try Red-Blue-Black if you want to do something that isn't Tsukuyomi Noble-based builds.

I'm trying to keep mine just blue so that new players can see that the starter decks really can go somewhere decent unlike Mtg's starter decks. I probably need to take out musician for stuff like prison in lunar lake and other tech, though.

The starter decks in this game are great value, enough so that I don't have fear of feeling ripped off when I invest in some L0.

It's pretty good. A lot cheaper than mtg and really fun. I play mtg too and the games are different enough that I don't feel like fow is just trying to copy mtg