How do you deal with a reluctant BBEGrill

How do you deal with a reluctant BBEGrill

She's basically been forced/manipulated into her position by her father/close relation. They convinced her that what they were doing is pure and good, and then they died, and now she feels responsible to see it through.

>she doesn't ping evil.....yet

You drag their ass out of their Ivory Tower and make them see the devastation and death they're causing with their own eyes. You make them look the homeless and starving and orphaned and maimed in the face and tell you that what they're doing is still "right".

If they answer yes, then you leave, and let the mob do what they will. I can promise you they won't give a fuck what "detect evil" pings. Alignments are a fucking garbage mechanic that needs to die and stay die anyway.

so that's how he does it

Is she actually doing Evil? If so, smite her ass. If she's actively interfering with my activities but not really doing Evil shit, use whatever means are necessary to compel her to fuck off.

>accidentally picks "conjure weapon" instead of "conjure ammunition"
>no spell slots left

Just kill her.

See, I usually kill people like these to close off loose ends. I mean, it's a tragedy, but they're likely going to be executed when it comes to trial. Killing them is basically a mercy.

First post is best post.

This. If the character doesn't think they're being evil, show them undeniable proof that they are and see how well their bullshit excuses hold up. If there's any good left inside of them, they'll feel some kind of regret.

Also seconding that alignments are stupid as hell.

The answer to Vivian Volkoff is Chuck Bartowski.

You beat her unconscious. If she has good men loyal to her, and if they can't be pursuaded, then they must die. Their deaths will be on her. You show her the ruin of her ways. You expose the lies burned into her mind, and purge the poison in her heart.

Then, after she's been shown the error of her ways, you put her in chains and lock her away. Perhaps she will rot in her cell or not.

Or, in a direction other than the ragefest, you could have her cling to the end goals she set out on, but have her follow her own moral code towards them.

Especially with angry or antiheroic players, it would be easy to make the bad guys seem better than the heroes. Her and the players can end up interacting peacefully more often than not, but all the while her forces keep on building the armageddon clock/ gather a horde to depose the king/ are almost finished with the portal to the far realm/ whatever BBEG scheme you've got.

A decent example of characters that would make good reference points would be probably half the sidequest villains in Bravely Default.

>Mentions Lauren Cohan the /hr/ waifu
>Doesn't post pic related

For shame, user. For shame.

Here she is in all her supervillain CEO criminal mastermind glory.

But she has a softer side, too. A softer, gentler, more languorous, more flexible side when she's feeling vulnerable and/or horny.

Oh, and Chuck solved OP's problem by revealing that her father had only been evil because of a mental conditioning process gone wrong. She broke down and father and daughter ran away to try to discover a normal life together.

Yes, yes, it worked because her father hadn't died, but any DM worth his salt will reveal that the BBEG hadn't really died.

I was going to say roll diplomacy/whatever it is in this system but this is better.
Also burn all the enemies of the God Emperor! because 4 chan.

>doesn't ping evil.....yet

How?

This. We weren't hired because we are good at reforming the country, we were hired because we are really good at clearing out well fortified fortifications, which are defended by all kinds of fucked up shit.

>Forced into her position by family
>Fought for the family cause
>Still fighting even though there's nobody left to fight for
>Convincing BBEGrill

I think she's what you're looking for.

You forgot
>Completely batshit insane

Yes, you've got to have some of that batshit in your BBEG.
It's a sexy kind of batshitmaybe

I really need to catch up on GOT.

really hoping she turns into some necromancer queen with the help of whats his face

A secret squad of murderchildren is also quite fun.

Fuck you and your complex plot. I just want to smash things.

Did Gregor rape the nun?

That scene kinda confused me as well. New Mountain was basically just a killbot. Stoically and brutally executed commands, but didn't seem to have any remaining will, personality or desire left in him.

I guess we're meant to assume he's been given more specific commands off-screen, so we can let our fantasy fill in the terrifying blanks. Or maybe Cersei believes there's still enough of the old Mountain in him that he just needs to do what comes natural to him.

She hasn't allowed a demon to wear her like a meat suit yet is my guess. Detect evil only pings on evil outsiders lately not mortals.

Can zombies even get it up?

Yeah, usually takes a crane to though

That's what thin pieces of metal are for.

>and now she feels responsible to see it through

Animals have feelings. People make choices.

If she's an animal acting on her feelings, put her down like the rabid dog she is.

If she's a human making a moral choice, hold her to the consequences of her choice.

Given that you haven't described a single thing her or her family has done, it would be kind of hard to determine the best course of action. If she hasn't done anything, then isn't already making plans to eliminate her make you the evil one? If she's the one who is rightfully in power, what gives you ground to judge her actions?