Warhammer 40k General

I Just Ctrl+v'd The Links From The Last Thread, If They Don't Work I Don't Care Deal With It This Isn't A Reddit Sticky Anyway Edition

> Codexes
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>FAQ
games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

> The Black Library(Stay the fuck away from the clowns)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q!c4pGAJDb

> Space 0Din's glorious work
dropbox.com/s/lsx27fo3rq2x7tk/Codex - Orks 7th Edition Update [Space Odin](2016).pdf?dl=0

Theres no way in hell thats the real size comparison.

>Warhammer 40k turns 30 years old next year. The new edition is due. The clock will be taken from 5 minutes to midnight to 1 minute to midnight with the return of the Daemonprimarchs - or will they return alone? This is the theme of the new setting - think along the lines of 13th Black Crusade - but this time, it's serious. They want to get the same excitement as the community had during the End Times - without actually going as far as Age of Sigmar did.

>Chaos fans - this is your hour. Stop beeing grudgy, there will be lots of love for all of you - renegades, former legions, daemon lovers.

>The lore already start to unfold, with the Shield of Baal and Warzone Fenris - so we are already within the action. As usual, this is a bit of an early talk, so stay cool and take it with a tiny bit of salt.

ITS HAPPENING

Also I haven't used and don't see much Forge World stuff in my area, so I have a question:

Are Dreadclaw Assault Pods feasible for dropping in a squad of melta Chosen comparable to loyalist shenanigans? It's been a while but I vaguely remember they used to have wonky rules that made this a bad idea on top of being expensive and taking up an FA slot.

There is. I saw the model myself at Warhammer Fest. It's fuckhuge. They said at that seminar that it was originally going to be smaller but they decided to make it nearly as big as a Warhound. Because.

Source or are you just rumourfagging up some epic new meme?

Do you ever want to fucking die /40k/?

I'm in one of the mini-dex dev groups for HoR Kill Teams and sometimes I look at the main group's stuff and I find these fucking gems.

This community truly attracts human garbage.

Why would anybody think this is balanced in anyway?

WAT

LINK

>inb16 bell of lost clickbait

plz no
plz

I've got the Tau start collecting box.

Would adding a box of Kroot and a Hammerhead be alright for 500 points?

Since when are ghostkeels in killteam?

is it gonna have a crew or something
I can't imagine running something like that alone

So what they're saying is that we're getting 13th black crusade 2.0, but it will all amount to nothing as Failbadon does what he does best, and in the end the setting returns to the "status quo" but this time without impending destruction looming around the corner?

I for one, look forward to all the primarchs (except people like horus obviously) coming back, loyalists and traitors, beating the shit out of eachother before promptly fucking back off to who knows where?

Also, give proofs

Lady Atia from her War of Sigmar blog

>random autist wants to field models he thinks are cool in kill team
>TRIGGERED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Literally who cares

Crew is a single Knight Scion which is why it's still classed as a Knight and not a standard Imperial Titan. How the pilot copes I don't know.

They're supposed to be around in 30k (I don't remember how common/rare) but in 40k they're artefacts of great prestige for Knight houses to have or else are proof they're good buddies with AdMech. So, naturally, this will be a toy Chaos won't get.

Dreadclaws are far too expensive for that.
If you don't abuse of the fact they are skimmers for a turn 2 charge, they're not worth it.

Thankfully you cannot if most sane people have their way. The main group is pretty fucking awful and is a closed/invite only group but they approve anybody and everybody.

It's a shit show design by committee. Every update and constructive post is followed by 30 complaining about the change despite people not playtesting or actually reading the fucking update or just wanting to add in their dumb ideas.

Thankfully the mini dex groups are all populated by like 3 active users and a few assholes giving dumb ideas (Beastmen should be a Special unit choice, Dreads should be allowed base and not in a supplement like vehicles, we should make a mini dex for every fucking faction that has a sentence in the lore even if they are just part of a larger faction).

13th black crusade 2.0, but this time without the dirty fanbase distracting from the epic narrative with their peasant antics

Rules-wise and game-wise a Ghostkeel would be not only illegal but horrifically cheesy and unfair.
Fluffwise it makes sense.

What is even happening to 40k?

It's a 30k model.

>>Chaos fans - this is your hour. Stop beeing grudgy, there will be lots of love for all of you - renegades, former legions, daemon lovers.

I want Epic to stay out of 40k

Everything Riptide sized or bigger needs to go

>What is even happening to 40k?

A three crisis suit team with like 9 drones is possible to do and it is the most balance warping list in the game. Even removing options and out pricing gear can save it without nerfing it to the point of unplayable.

The problem is literally everything about suits and the nature of Kill Teams. The same problem exists with bikes but an optimized all suit list can dance around a bike list.

Until they decide that we need this model in 40k just like the mechanicus stuff or the legion praetor.

You do realise that 13th Black Crusade has already happened once, right?

Also, I see nothing wrong there. I forced a meme that Age of Emperor would have all the Primarchs return, looks like I turned out to be right.

Neat.

Exactly what is the problem? The AGE OF EMPOURJJJ meme can die and Chaos gets a non-shit update.

>The problem is literally everything about, and the nature of, Kill Teams

Ftfy

It's not our fault that GW wants the Dark Mechanicum to consist only of the Lacyraemara subsection of the once great Mechanicum.

Although it does it explain why they love dinobots so much.

How is the Ad Mech getting some fucking transports and model variety 'bad'. They've already limited Knight Titans. I see no reason they wouldn't.

At the end of the day, why does it matter? If you don't use it, why does it matter to you?

>b-b-but somebody might want to use it!!!

So politely decline and look for a new opponent. Seriously, this shit is so simple.

>GW doesn't make new models
>FUCKING JEW DOUBLE JEW FUCKING KEKS THEY DONT UPDATE ANYTHING KEKS JEWS FUCK YOU

>GW release new models
>FUCKING JEWS YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT X ARMY FUCKING KEK JEWS!

And then we have it on here constantly.

I don't care that X army gets Y model because it doesn't affect me. If I think it's rules are broken, I decline the offer to play somebody if they refuse to remove it from their list.

>I forced a meme that Age of Emperor would have all the Primarchs return, looks like I turned out to be right.
>Neat.

Are you retarded? That's been the fluff since forever.

>turn 2 charge dreadclaws

wut

that sounds like an improvement from the previous dreadclaw, how do you do that?

>I forced a meme that Age of Emperor would have all the Primarchs return, looks like I turned out to be right.

>How do I make this about me?

Get a trip so I can filter you, cunt.

I know, but there is a difference between "it'll happen" and "it's going to happen".

The 2nd difference is the fact we have Primarch models and it makes sense they all return, somehow, for them to be usable in 40k.

Same with Daemon Primarchs. Thou, interestingly, this person originally said that Daemon Primarchs won't be made, then that post she made said they will...

I do, I still have the codex and the White Dwarfs. But it was another time, back when GW stories were good and not shameless wanking of the faction they wanted to promote at that moment, like most supplements theses days.

And the End Times were so bad, holy shit.

Or, you could stop being a sperging autist and ignore him.

Jesus Fuck, you guys are so fucking insane I wonder how you even breathe.

The more I actually crunch this shit and argue with these people the more I realize the truth in this.

>Missions with turn 1 win conditions
>Wildly different power levels in armies
>Melee is still garbage
>Nobody playtests with the amount of terrain needed so people think there's issues with certain weapons and units when it's not
>THE FUCKING ROUTE TEST

It's fucking awful.

Not him, but you're playing a game you no longer like any more... for what reason, exactly?

Nice strawman you fucking shill.

And we'll see if your tune changes when everyone and their dog has a titan, which aren't even considered ridiculous anymore because GW have now moved on to scale battleship models that you suspend from the ceiling over the gaming table. just like how super heavies are being normalized now and we're moving onto even bigger ones. I can only turn down so many games before there's no one left to fucking play. I mean shit it wouldn't surprise me if GW starts banning sub 1500 pt games in their stores. But you're either getting paid to shill your shitty opinion or you're legitimately so stupid that you can't see what's happening to the hobby.

>ITS HAPPENING

your new is shining through

>image.gif

Leave. Now.

But you were wrong.
It's clearly just GW trying to tie up the pesky halt on the time line that the 13th black crusade caused.
Chaos will only get marginally better, and nowhere near unfucked, and GW can continue release tau vs imperium supplements with out having to worry about the fact that the galaxy is set to die! :^)

But really, I'm betting this will be only marginally more important than any other supplements or campaign book. Chaos can't win, because GW has explicitly said they don't want to go the AoS route.
I'm betting it will look like Failbadon has not failed for once in his life, up until the last minute, when the 'crons show up, prevent him from destroying the cadian gate, and force abbadon to head back to the eye or terror, but not before he grabs some random stick off the ground, which was totally his real goal the whole time guys.

I actually managed to kick ass and chew bubblegum hard with my White Scars. S5 hammer of wraths against single targets are brutal.

You Deep Strike Turn 1, keep everyone on board to wither any fire and Heat Blast if you can, on Turn 2 scoot it towards the enemy, disembark and charge cos it's an Assault Vehicle

>Exactly what is the problem?
If it's not player driven, it's going to be a shitshow.

>strawman

1st redflag

>shill

2nd redflag

As for your second '''''''''''''''''''''point''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' I already have 40k armies, which I have used since 2nd edition (40k, anyway) and I don't need to buy anything else. I use my friends bits to make new stuff if need be, but that's very rare.

I don't care that he's bought the newest model, or my other friends switched to Tau. Because it's their money, their hobby and they can do what they want. I'm sorry you have no control over your money and MUST buy this stuff. But, unlike you, some people like this hobby and don't mind buying stuff.

I don't buy the stuff as I have no interest in it. I have no need to buy a Knight Titan or whatever, but I don't have a fucking sperg attack when somebody else does.

>GW starts banning 1500pt games

Do you even read what you type? If we're going into this kind of fantasy, you might as well say "Well GW will only let you play if you have Titans!".

>shill

There's that word again.

Deepstrike one in turn 1 (Drop Pod Assault)
DP in a safe zone, it's a flier in hover mode now.
Flat out in a safe zone and jink if needed.
Turn 2 move 6" and disembark.
It's an assault vehicle, you can charge.
You can also start flaming people with his heat blast in the following turns.

Can't they just rebrand to "Warhammer" and move on from the last second of the last minute of the last day of 999.m41

The real grimdarkness comes from everyone being poised for the greatest fucking galaxy ending war of all time, and yet being suspended in time and blue balled for thirty fucking years. That shit's fucking depressing.

user, who cares if people like to play with bigger models?
Please telll me you aren't one of the morons who thinks that 40k is supposed to be a small sized skirmish game, and that anything but that is bad wrong fun.

I'm not sure you even read my post, but in any case theses days I'm mostly in for modelling, and my faction has thankfully been spared from theses lasts supplements, so I can still ignore them.

You cant charge turn 2 with a dreadclaw.
It still has to come from reserves, which means it comes on the table turn 2. Whether you bring it on as a flyer, or as a deep striking drop pod, you arent charging in either of those scenarios.

It also has the potential to eat one of its passengers, and costs 100 points. And it cant hit the table turn 1 like the 35 point loyalist drop pods. That have no chance of eating a passenger.

CSM.

Hey could be posting from a phone you faggot.

Also, don't forget it has Frag Assault Launcher.
It's nice with Dreads and Terminators.

The only reason why i don't have it, it's because it looks retarded. A skimmer drop pods? No thanks.

Literally one of the more broken lists in the game is Marine bikes.

The weakness with melee in any other context is that you cannot close the distance in time to do anything sizable. Usually you get Overwatched down or you have to weave through terrain, etc. Bikes can cut that distance down and close with the enemy much faster than any unit and gain that charge advantage.

Another problem is that a lot of the units available usually have weak or lower stats and melee boils down to who's initiative was higher. Marine bikes win like 80% of the time in the ideal situation, which they can create.

My personal opinion will be

>13th Crusade is fucking shit up
>Imperium sends out an order for production of new Space Marines, mass recruiting of regiments and all industry converted to the war effort
>We get stuck in a big war where both sides bring out their trump cards, both of heroes, vehicles and weapons.

And the story will be about every side working to their 'end game', apart from Tau who don't seem to have one. But the latter, I believe, will be the following

>Farsight Enclaves unite and cause they're split off from the Tau Empire, they're forced to ally with Imperium against Chaos/Nids/Necrons
>Tau Empire uses science to break through space fire and see what the Enclave is doing and declares war on them

Or something like that.

This is considered a traditional game? OK.

A guy from work I recently started hanging out with plays this and Warmachine, but he's a complete sperg. Wants me to get into it and even thought showing it to my female cousin would impress her or something.

I said I'd try the thing, but if this guy wants to get laid, this isn't something to bring up in conversation, yes?

Then you're OK, since modelling is completely different to gaming and the fiction.

Sorry you don't enjoy it user.

Oh look its the autist that gets triggered by anons posting from a phone. Totally rational.

Ive been here for 4 years; seen countless faggots like you come and go.
Stay mad and stupid you fucking retard. I post from my phone all the time, no one takes issue with it but you.

Need some criticism on a fluffy Blood Angels list if at all possible.

I'd really like to throw some Furioso Dreads in place of the Death Company because I think they look awesome but I'm not convinced they are worth their points even with their FAQ'd attacks.

+ Blood Angels Baal Strike Force 1850 List +

+HQ+ 115 Points
Librarian – Psyker Mastery Level 2, Jump Pack, Gallian’s Staff
115 Points

+Elites+ 595 Points
Lemartes, Guardian of the Lost
130 Points
Death Company – 5 Marines, Jump Packs, 1 Power Fist, Inferno Pistol
155 Points
155 Points
155 Points

+Troops+ 400 Points
Tactical Squad – 10 Marines, Flamer, Heavy Flamer
Rhino – Overcharged Engines, Storm Bolter
200 Points
Tactical Squad – 10 Marines, Flamer, Heavy Flamer
Rhino – Overcharged Engines, Storm Bolter
200 Points

+Fast Attack+ 330 Points
Assault Squad – 5 Marines, Jump Packs, Power Weapon, Meltagun
110 Points
110 Points
110 Points

+Heavy Support+ 410 Points
Stormraven – Twin-linked Multi-melta, Twin-linked Assault Cannon, Extra Armor
205 Points
Stormraven – Twin-linked Multi-melta, Twin-linked Assault Cannon, Extra Armor
205 Points

>Warlord wipes out a squad by himself
>Warlord beats the shit out of a tank by himself
Why is it so satisfying?

>It still has to come from reserves, which means it comes on the table turn 2
Nope, Drop Pod Assault Rule.

Half your dreadclaws/kharybdis claws, rounding up, come in one Turn 1.

You should be more familiar with the rules for something if you're going to speak with authority on it

He hates 'phoneposters'. Dude is a prolific shitposter.

>the autismo that throws around how long he's been here like a badge of honor

get fucked, kid

Yes when you invent an argument I never made so that you can argue against it, it is called a strawman argument. What do you not understand about that?

And honestly the reason I'm calling you a shill is because you're acting exactly like one. Sitting here trying to tell me everything is just fine and it's the same old game I used to play way back when and obviously I'M the one with a problem if I think things have changed. That shit comes right out of the shill handbook. Look at the past few years and the direction the game has taken, and if you can't see that things have drastically changed to coerce players into buying more and buying bigger than you're an idiot or a shill.

I bet a couple of years ago there were people just like you saying "GW would never completely fuck up fantasy."

The chosen will probably kill their target.
They will certainly die the following turn.
Useful in games >2500 points if you can bring a few of them and have an assault squad of some sort to back up the Chosen., but as you point out it's expensive and takes a FA slot.

>Why do you use a Power Mace on your Warlord? Aren't the other power weapons better?
>Proceed to obliterate an entire squadron of leman russ in one turn by himself, and then istantdeathing the faces of the skitarii allies at initiative.

Ah I knew that, I forgot. Havent fielded my dreadclaw in like a year, maybe longer. IA 13 in the next room, I probably shouldve checked before replying.

big damn heroes are cool

better when it's some nameless terminators, though. Always a special treat when they decide to turn their refractor fields on.

>I bet a couple of years ago there were people just like you saying "GW would never completely fuck up fantasy."
No, not really. 8th is universally agreed to be the worst of all WHFB editions, and that was released 6 fucking years ago

What is 'Warlord'?

>cant shitpost about phones because user unanimously agrees thats retarded

>gotta find something to get mad and shitpost about

>kid

>Keeper of secrets wrecks 2 wyverns in 1 assault phase

>Wants me to get into it and even thought showing it to my female cousin would impress her or something.

You'll probably have fun but you may want to watch some gameplay first so the rules aren't so daunting right away.

>squadroning Wyverns

Your commander

>yfw it still isn't close to making its points back

>gets ass blasted when someone points out he's on a phone
>believes pointing out his 8 years tour of duty on a mongolian image factory before spazzing out is how a rational human reacts

okay kid.

I mean, you're right about it being 3 times more expensive than Loyalist Drop Pods, and with a shitty chance of eating your dudes when you deploy in it.

But let's at least be fair about the one niche role they fulfil: scoot you into a fight through difficult terrain without initiative penalty on Turn 2

Fucking generals are gay.

I blame quests and CYOA shit for forcing generals into existence on this board.

>Corsair princess fail very first 2+ save she have to take on her very first game and get ID.
>Rest of the squad succeed every 4+ save roll ever for the whole game.
W-well, okay.

Bro stop trolling the general for (You)'s.
Who gives a shit what people use to browse the board?

>48009271

>posting in a general to say how generals are shit
You don't even deserve my (You).

>quests are gone what should we do now?
>I know lets get rid of /generals/!

>40K END TIMES
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>quests are gone

they make sense if you want to use the Emperor's Wrath formation.

I mean, the wyvern is typically filling out the thirds slot, as it gets little benefit, but you've only got two orders and three unit slots.

But maybe you're just taking the formation with out an IG cad, and want a second wyvern. The formation is good, wyverns, are good, I could see it.

>I need attention

I'm glad they suggested quests leave but did nothing to enforce it.

You mean that 10 point mek boy I used to fill up mandatory HQ slots?

And if you reply in a quest thread 'why dont you guys go to /qst/ ? - you get a 3 day ban. Dont believe me, try it yourself.
My guess is there must be a mod that likes quest threads.

does it have Warhound weapons then

>not having a glorious badass commander to lead your dudes to victory
>letting a Mek lead anything

>"I'm the better man," he says with a smug look on his face as he responds to every shitpost again and again and again...

What do you forsee your faction doing in an end times scenario for 40k?

I run Word Bearers and in my gut I've accepted that Lorgar will either lose in a duel to Corax or, in the likely event of his resurrection, Gulliman. It was prophecied that if Lorgar ever faces Gulliman ando wins, it would cost the war for Chaos. I suspect he's too disciplined for that to occur.

>'No, I'm the better man' he says as he shitposts a reply to a shitpost, which was a reply to another shitpost

So, just like with End Times, we get a rehashed retelling of the old with all the cool bits replaced with "this will sell more toys." And either they just let it hang there, roll it back, or have the problem quiver out like a wet fart.

GW has to earn my excitement, their hype machine has no effect in me anymore.

2 autocannons/lascannons, back mounted whirlwind launcher and two S10 ap1 Heavy 2 twinlinked Large Blast Concussive mainguns

You must have a broad idea of what makes a quest thread, as a quick glace at the catalog shows only a handful of them. 6 months ago it would have been 70% quests.