Nerv Bridge Simulator XXIII - Quest

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Nerv HQ
Twitter: twitter.com/cegremo_hq

Nerv Montréal is recovering from the last Angel attack and the Major must meet with the Research & Development Division Director concerning the strange HDD he has in his possession.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/RsZLWiRX
regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1467153388591.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

[Eileen]
Wait... like, a real date? With Elizabeth?

I'm surprised, I didn't think you were this close.

Please don't tell anyone. It's very probable nothing will come out of it.

Waiting warmly.

Ah, I almost forgot: next Tuesday there's the teacher-parent meeting. I know they say that it's mandatory but don't feel obligated to come. It's really boring stuff and you already have so much to do, I'm sure my teachers will understand.

[She smiles] Of course I won't! But you probably should get going. Never be late on a first date! That's basic stuff.

So ... uh ... about those French classes you were taking. Is there any book you want to recommend?

One that make you feel something special, like night flight? Or maybe that remind you of something?

... I mean. I'm in Montreal, I thought it was a good idea to try some French stuff.

I will try to be there.
By the way, is Marie going to the same school?

Right, and no funny business before third date. I know, I know.

Huh, I hate french classes, it sound so stupid. Every word has a gender, can you believe it? A chair is a chair, it's neither a she nor a he.

In you place I wouldn't bother with french, honestly.

No... She's going to the same school as Anna though. I don't know why ''I'' am the one who goes to a different school. I was there first, I'm the original.

I wouldn't know about that... I've never had... Oh my, look at the time! You'll be late now! Go, go!

[She's right. You quickly get your things and exit your apartment. Mont Royal park isn't that far, but you still take your car.]

Check the gun. Take spare magazines. If we still have that guard's gun, check that too.

We really need to return it to that guard though. He risked his ass for us.

OOC: we need something like a list of differences between Eileens lest we unbalance two more fragile psyches.

Uh? I thought she was the one to enjoy this book. Guess I was wrong

And a bullet-proof vest. I mean ... It's a date!

Or... it's actually Eileen Marie pretending to be Eileen Katie for some sinister purpose

[You take you trusty Nerv Issued Beretta 93r along with the two magazines you have at home. You search for that guard's rifle, but can't find it. Strange. You put on your bullet-proof vest.]

[You repeat to yourself ''Katie hates French'' a few times, hoping to remember it.]

[The temperature dropped a bit with the sun, but it's still uncomfortably hot. Especially with a bullet-proof vest. Mont Royal park is bigger than you remembered.]

Need some help here, is Katie Zweileen or Einleen?

Let's check behind this statue and in the trees to see if there is anything abnormal.

Do we have any significant memories of Mont Royal park outside of the usual, oh, it's a park and there's also a suspicious cross statue in it that isn't that important hopefully?

Check the places where someone could make an ambush or install a bug.

Katie is Einleen, the friendly one.

I thought she kept her hair long

women

[They had to rebuild a good portion of it after the 6th Angel's attack. You didn't had the time to visit it since then.]

[You take your time to carefully inspect every corner, even going as far as checking under benches and looking into trash cans.]

...Uh, did you lose something, Major?

You mean besides my optimism?

I rather hope I don't find anything.
So, do you have a laptop or something with you? Let's find a place where the light of the screen won't be visible from afar.

Mfw I went to the archives to check on the differences between Eileens and the first thing I saw was Florence.
RIP (;_;)7

You know me. Just having another one of my charming disassociative states.

How about you? Notice anything odd on the way over here? Other than me.

And my smile?

Hey there. I'm always like that when I'm about to get in serious trouble.

DO NOT STARE AT CLEAVAGE

Yell, it's not like we can really look in her eyes when she's squinting like that.

This is true.

STARE AT CLEAVAGE, BUT DO NOT DROOL.

I know, it's been hard for all of us. We already lost so much.

But if not for yourself, at least try to smile for the children. They're the ones who need it the most.

No, I didn't see anything. With this heat most people would rather stay at home where there's air conditioning I guess.

You will if you continue being too curious. I heard you and Rachel even got warned by Commander because of this.

No I don't. I brought you this however. [She gives you a black box with several plugs built into it.] It's a adapter. With this you can access your HDD with an normal USB 3.0 cable. It was in Phillip's. [She looks away] Can you believe it's the first time I went through his stuff? I didn't...

Anyway. I know you have some questions about the MAGI. I must warn you, the MAGI supercomputer is under the Science Division's supervision. I only know what Phillip told me, but I'll try to answer as best I can.

When and where "it" was built to start.

Here's one: pastebin.com/RsZLWiRX
Its a bit out of date though because I've been too busy with classes up until now to maintain it.

Why MAGI is so heavily protected?
It's easier to steal our super secret positron rifle prototype with a schoolbus than getting 20 meter near the reserved area?

Do you know what they are doing with Anna?

Hey. Sorry for asking for you to go through old memories. And thank you. Both for doing that and putting yourself at risk.

Who supervises the MAGI and has the most privileged access.
Those are the people who enabled the saboteurs and the Philipp's killers to get inside.

I know it was build 15 years ago, when Nerv was still only a small branch of the U.N. I remember Phillip saying the groundwork was done in Antarctica. He wasn't there then, Nerv only recruited him later to finish the MAGI.

I think it's because the primary MAGI ''body'' is close to whatever is being held inside Terminal Dogma. I don't know for sure, but that's the impression I had when we installed the upgrade you wanted. We weren't permitted full access and could only work on some small portion of it.

I don't know about Anna, I'm sorry. The new Head of the Science Division really separated the R&D branch from his division. Even our Higher ranked officers have trouble accessing their facilities.

Hey cool it's NERV quest

Oh shit are we on one of those spy missions again

Are chairs in french He (because they are sturdy and solid) or She (because you sit on them and they are beneath you)?

Chairs are feminine.

"UnE chaise."

And it has really nothing to do with whatever you're trying to imply.

If he was the one to finish MAGI, who started to build it?

What were exactly Phillip qualification by the way? Computer scientist?

That's bullshit, chairs should be male.

Hm.
Let's suppose a person wanted to investigate the Science division.
Because my god there's been an awful lot of staff changes and ... accidents ... in there, and now I hear they're actively distancing themselves from R&D.

>That's bullshit, chairs should be male.
Armchairs are! And thrones. Ottomans too.

woops

Let's suppose a person wanted to investigate the Science division.
Because my god there's been an awful lot of staff changes and ... accidents ... in there, and now I hear they're actively distancing themselves from R&D.
Where would a person start?

(I'm thinking that if we investigate the hospital where we met Ophelia-primary, and where Rachel recovered, it'd be a good starting point. No doubt they keep records, and we won't instantly get Section 2 up our ass like we would if we barged into the geofront)

The head of the medical division is a friend. He helped us quite a few times already. He could help us on that.

But thrones are the opposite! Thrones should be female, because they are an object of status, you sit on them to display your great wealth and power. Plush chairs too, because they're more made for comfy than sturdy.

What other bullshit is in french.

>Hair is masculine
Oh that shit can fuck right off. Being bald is masculine irl.

>Babies are masculine
Get stuffed, Babies are perhaps the #1 most closely linked thing to females in existence.

>Une victime "a victim" is always feminine.
I lol'd

Well, Phillip would certainly be mad against me if I didn't help you. [She try to smile]

Only the Science Division can physically access the MAGI Supercomputer. And even them, Only the Director and a small team of experts must be allowed there.

I don't know, he never told me.

He was a Neuroscientist.

Are you sure of this? You already went once and nearly got court-martialed along with Rachel. Please be prudent about this whole thing Major. I've got a bad feeling.

I should be going home now, it's getting late.

Don't do anything stupid, Major. We all need you up there when the next Angel will show up.

>Are you sure of this?
Look, if something bad is happening to Ophelia and to Anna I want to stop it.
And if our organisation is infilitrated from within, I really don't want that to bite us in the ass some time down the track.
No good defending humanity if humanity turns out to be worse than the angels, yes?

>Don't do anything stupid, Major.
[LIE] Ok! I won't

Eh, you suggest that we go to the hospital but there's no doubt that even there the juicy gossip is hidden in the basement behind two walls and a fire.

>[she tries to smile]
>loss.jpg.png.ican(not)handlethesefeels

>because they are an object of status, you sit on them to display your great wealth and power. Plush chairs too, because they're more made for comfy than sturdy.
Gender in French really has nothing to do with whatever woozy interpretations of gender roles you have.

Not as if I haven't already investigated the subterfuge going on. I think I have a Tim Horton's card I looted from one of the spies. Anyways, no need to worry about me. I'm already carrying two guns and a bulletproof vest, and I've mastered bullet time, judging by how my last investigation played out.

Don't you find it strange that a Neuroscientist was in charge of a super-computer?

Sure, modern computer tend to work with artificial neural network. But it's still computer science at the end.

What is your opinion on everything strange happening at NERV lately?

>woozy

I don't necessarily know how needed I am, more and more I get the feeling that NERV has a contingency plan for everything. Thanks again, and be careful yourself.

They're gonna cut us out of our (IC) body and stick us in a MAGI.
Our decision-making ability and our rolling functions still work without a body.

Are you sure offering Elizabeth the red pill is a good idea? Anyways, the conversation seems like it's being cut off.

Still, maybe this is too much for just one person.

What do you want me to say? We are a U.N. run agency with humanity's cutting-edge technologies. There's lots of interests at work here.

[She then leaves you with the strange adapter she brought. There's no mistakes, this is definitely the same plug that your HDD have.]

>Where to now, Major?

We are in a dire need of trustful ally

We gotta check that HDD pronto before we get caught, might need to destroy the evidence after too.

We need to get computer with USB 3.0 that is 100% not being wired. So nothing NERV issued. Do you think there's some 24/7 electronics store or a pawnshop nearby?

It's late at night, right?

We don't wanna crack this thing open in our house, or the house of one of our friends. Ideally we don't wanna crack it open in any NERV-operated place at all.

But aside from just breaking into some place, where are we gonna find something that isn't connected to NERV?

Either we pay a visit to the head of medical division or we run to save Anna and Rachel from NERV.

In any case, we should check the hard drive on our way. (We have a thinkpad in our car, don't we?)

Let's go computer shopping.
also EYES PEELED FOR HIDDEN CLUES MAJORS

I wouldn't use a NERV-issued mobile device to investigate this. Because mobile devices have an annoying way of being always-connected, even when you want them not to be.

[After a bit of driving around you find a Pawnshop with an open sign flashing. There's a bunch of old computers inside, you take one of the newer laptops and head towards the counter.]

This is final, no reimbursements. We tested it last week and it worked perfectly.

I have to say, it's one of the first time I see someone buying a laptop in such a hurry at this hour.

>But aside from just breaking into some place, where are we gonna find something that isn't connected to NERV?
Buy something made 10 years ago for nostalgia gaming. And extension card for USB 3.0 because it's not gonna have it.

"The wife figured out how to check my search history on the family PC. A man has needs."
Smile.

I'm at the store, no sign of the major.

I am impressed.

It needs to be quite powerfull. I'm rendering video and playing video games.

I'm working for a company that value data protection. Do you have anything for that? I heard about encrypted hard drive that need an usb key containing a decryption key to work properly.

>wife
>we wear no ring
Pawnbrokers are quite observant, considering the sort of people they're dealing with on regular basis, they have to be. So I'm sure he will catch it. He might not care, but he will know.

>I'm working for a company that value data protection. Do you have anything for that? I heard about encrypted hard drive that need an usb key containing a decryption key to work properly.
>

[You make sure to take a USB 3.0 extension card.]

Ah! They get craftier and craftier. I'm now at my third one, and let me tell you : I chose her because she's dumb as a brick. Best decision of my life.

The kid who sold it to me used to play games. I'm sure you'll be alright.

Encrip-what? I'm sorry I don't understand what you want.

Here. Have a nice evening, sir. [He winks]

[You then get into your car and drive to a secluded spot. The pawnbroker told the truth at least, the laptop works fine. You only need to turn your HDD on now.]

Since Section 2 or something else keep digging in our things, I thinks it's important to have a computer that can't be hacked in less than a day. Especially since we will certainly leave compromising stuff on it.

Or maybe do you plan to destroy the computer just after that?

Deactivate Wifi and all that Bluetooth bullshit.

Rolled 14 (1d50)

Check the angles. I only give it 1 out of 50 odds that we've got snipers on us right at this second, but knowing the way the Major rolls...

anyway, make DAMN SURE the laptop's wifi and bluetooth are turned off before you do this.

Before we do anything, give the computer a once-over. Check installed programs, turn off wireless and the like.

[You turn the bluetooth and wireless off and finally turn on the HDD.]

[Your computer freeze for a minute, then resume as usual. The HDD is almost full with files with weird extensions and stuff you don't recognize. As you scroll through the content you immediately see two video files : MAJOR_01 and MAJOR_02.]

Read that shit.

READ IT

>The HDD is almost full with files with weird extensions and stuff you don't recognize.

Hopefully no .4 extension.

Check for the last time if there is still nobody around and give a look to the first video.

Hnngh.

Damn man you just make the greatest shit for this quest.

New Quest: "Find the Dr.Wilson"
hory shit dat webm

You've outdone yourself with this.

Hey Ceg, ever though of making a short visual novel before? Because you totally should, man.

You are spoiling us to high heaven, all the way to your home.
Show us the second one based QM

regex.info/exif.cgi?imgurl=http://i.4cdn.org/tg/1467153388591.webm

Nothing interesting in the metadata.

Frame by frame I see this, and it looks suss.

The red-cyan chromatic abberation tells me that someone should check this out with 3D glasses and see if anything pops out.

Oh you cheeky motherfucker.
There's a floorplan hidden here.

Guide I just want to say this is just so fucking well done man. Gifs, webms, and quest info in the metadata? Just perfect my good sir.

I think that looks like a punch card, but idk how we would check that ITT. Right now though, we should at least check for magic eye imaging or 3d or something.

It takes place during the entire white thing at the end.

The problem is, just MSPaint fillbucketing can't retreive the info, it's too noisy.

I'll need someone (hint: Not me) to dump the last few frames of the webm, in its native resolution, frame by frame, from when the screen first goes mostly white, to end of video.

We'll then need to see a histogram of each frame, and massively boost the contrast. I could probably do that part, but I don't have anything on this machine to frame by frame dump a .webm at its native resolution.

ain't got no idea on how to do that so i'll just look over the video again.

Isn't that the first Head of Science? seems to be his hair.

>Subject 12
Shit

So there are our leads from file 1.
Find Dr. Wilson
Get frame by frame of the end of the 1248x702 .webm and boost its contrast
Check if the squares in the pattern mean anything (might be a punchcard)
and see if there's anything 3D in the image, because the chroma abberation tells me there might well be.

>MFW QM wasn't lying when they promised fanservice

He introduced himself as Phillip in the video.

>Can't play webms on phone
literally kill me now senpai