Post crazy futures

>You wake up from cryo in the year 2244.
>Most humans are born from artificial wombs.
>females are raised as livestock. Most fetus are harvested for stem cells and those that are left are harvested for reproductive organs at ages 15 to 25 depending.
>The males are raised by machine caretakers. If any major defects appear before age 8 they are euthanized. These children are subject to boot camp style educations, those that fall behind have their rations cut to encourage them to work harder.
>After graduating (usually at ages 16 to 20) they are awarded a companion bot, citizenship, and full freedom to pursue their interests.
>They have all been conditioned since birth to focus on sciences, arts, and engineering.
>The machines are only semi-intelligent and are not truly self aware. They are a servant class that takes care of almost all manual and menial labor.
>Humans are ruled by a Meritocracy/ Technocracy. The family model has been entirely replaced and everyone is conditioned to see each other as brothers.

How do you react to this future?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q
youtube.com/watch?v=EahHThBjDB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Turn off the robots and see what happens

Either they turn them back on or face collapse.

YES!

Find a bunch of hot livestock and buy it. Harem here I come.

They aren't for sale. But I guess you could work as a caretaker... but they are likely to not be that attractive due to being treated as livestock.

What about basic human rights?

>fascist hellhole where only manchildren get to contribute to society
>euthanizing the weak instead of augmenting them and everyone else to be superhuman with genetic engineering and cybernetic augmentation

Burn it to the ground. We're talking some stalin-level shit. Burn it to the ground and build a superior dictatorship.

how?

>Year is 3168
>All human race is governed by a Technocratic Meritocracy
>All humans beings are ranked by their genetic potential and the higher their rank, the more incentive they are given to have kids, from credits, to better houses and access to better clinics and schools for free. Lower ranks have basic care and school but need to pay for the right to have kids, etc.
>Rankings are based not just on physical fitness but also intelectual potential.
>Bi-yearly tests and physical examinations and exams tests if you are taking care of your body and mind properly.
>Fatties, slobs, and dumb people are made sterile with surgery. Extreme cases are euthanized.
>Everyone is good looking, healthy, tall, strong and smart. Some more than others.
>Public function is granted based on knowledge, studies and tests, no elections.
>Incompetence is punishable by being thrown in reeducation camps and forbid to occupy the position your are fired from again.
>Any sort of crimes violent crimes(and sexual assault/harassment), corruption and thievery is punishable by summary execution.
>You awake as you are in a perfect replica of your house/apartment, although everything looks sanitized and fake. There are big one-way windows on every division.
>All the mess is merely cenographic, place is actually superclean.
>There's a bronze plaque besides every window who reads '21th average human'.
>Killing yourself results in being recloned with all your memories up to the moment of suicide.
>You are allowed fifteen days each year to roam the world freely before being put back in your zoo cage.

Obviously you would use the lighter you were cryofrozen with. What kind of fool would let themselves be frozen without a lighter, what if you needed to escape?

They aren't manchildren. They are being raised Spartan style. The weak and stupid starve.

So...I'm the last nerd and I'm doomed to be mocked by jocks and normies forever?

They are manchildren because they are created/creators of this society. This is the wet dream of manchildren, and they will only let their own breed and prosper.

how is being given a companion bot, raised by robots to excel at the topic of their choice, and having a servant class of robots that don't complain and don't have to be paid not breed manchildren

Depends on the specifics of the setting, so I can't tell you. Sometimes you'll want to rile up the unsatisfied, use connections and manipulate your way to the top, sometimes you'll just fucking die because the odds are against you and you have no chance of changing things.

Personally, I would probably try to convince people who live there that things could be better, with logic/reasoning and strong arguments.

If you want to go ABSOLUTE MADMAN, just try to invent a malevolent AI and we matrix now.

Sparta was a pretty shit place to live, even if you had it well off.

starving people is objectively a terrible way to motivate people to work harder. the brain needs nutrition to function better. the USSR did this and it was a shithole

>The year is two-thousand-something
>not a lot is different compared to now

>bronze plaque reads "21th average human"
>"21th average human"
>21th

Whoever made my plaque needs to fucking kill themselves.

Beauty tends to skip a generation. Just look at celebrities' kids.

>Start a livestock company.
>Buy women.
>CEO perks and choice picks.

The number updates with every suicide

The problem isn't the number, is the suffix "th", and that it should be "st". It's not the twenty firth human - t's the twenty first.

In a culture dominated by meritocracy and perfection, the person who made the plaque, the inspector, and the installer should all be punished for failing to notice.

/thread

Maybe, the number changes with each death, and they don't bother with changing the plaque.

lately i think of some interedesting seting, here me out:

>it's our world but 40000 years or so into the future
>humans were winning the galaxy but are not
>almost everyone is maniac or soldier(soldier-maniac)
>humans are ruled by god-emperor, but he is not actualy a god and he is not actual ruling
>he sits on earth and die
>humans are fighting againts races from fantasy, but in future
>future elfs, future orks, future skeletons (but little like robots), future gosts, aybe future dwarfs (not sure)
>everyone is catholic and burn peoples
>at first i thought that cosmic battels would be like water battles from fantasy and history, but my other idea is that they are like giant citis that shot each other.
>humans are secured by knights who really are similar to falout 3 bratherhood of steel but mean
>its all like fantasy, but with cosmos

what are you thougts?

This poster is still a better writer than the average BL author

bump

Warhammer 40k predates Fallout youngling.

BL opened a contest, seeking short stories for an anthology. Me and five friends submitted. Only one went to the second phase of the contest, and it wasn't any of the 4 otherwise accomplish writers.

BL doesn't want good writers.

>humans are secured by knights who really are similar to falout 3 bratherhood of steel but mean

Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader released 1987

Fallout released September 30, 1997

Fallout 3 released October 28, 2008

>You wake up from cryo in the year 8003
>Everyone is living like cave men or hunter/gatherers
>You soon discover that there is a massive AI controlling every single detail from the beasts that roam the wilderness to the very gusts of wind
>All of this is to allow humanity to live relatively stress free in a natural environment without the hassles of technology or complex politics
>It also controls death and life and gives each human a 100 year lifespan free of disease or serious injury while keeping the popuation exactly stable.
>It quietly assigns you a tribe
>The local village elder names you the tribe storyteller because no one understands the things you talk about and find it amusing or fascinating
>Bertha, the tribe's only single woman is now courting you to be her man, hoping she no longer has to fuck dogs to get off.
>Some guys want you to go hunting mammoths with them

>you exit the time machine in the year 1000000.5
>humankind is enslaved by intelligent giraffes
>the treetops have been almost completely eaten away
how do you react to this future?

>FINALLY!

I grab my spear and get ready to hunt me some fucking mammoths

>Laziness
>Meritocracy

Chose 1

>You wake up from cryo in the year 2017
>The company that was taking care of your cryopod was purchased by Google and then disasembled for some other project they were working on
>Your cryopod was moved to a warehouse in the bad part of town and left to defrost
>Your cellphone battery is dead so you can't call for a taxi or Uber
>There's a pack of dark skinned, unemployed gentlemen hanging around outside the warehouse
>They make fun of your cryosuit

>You wake up in the year 20XX
>Your brain has been placed into a blue robot body
>No, you can't have your brain moved to the girl body
>Your arm has an energy projector that can be easily modified
>You must defeat the rampaging robots and save the humans
>The humans are also racist towards you because you're a robot

>Year is whatever
>general culture is mostly the same, with all the same corporate bullshit as now
>gap between rich and poor bigger than ever
>capitalism has triumphed
>there are major advances in medicine, but only for those who can afford it
>legislature is passed in many countries deeming "primitive" organs like eyes unreliable and a danger to society
>cybernetic eyes require a subscription fee or they stop working
>also they insert ads onto every unadorned flat surface
>closing your eyelids just makes ad videos play on a loop
>same happens with ears
>eventually everyone becomes so inundated with ads that pretty much everyone becomes a slave to ads
>robots and AIs are built to enforce advertising laws and run the corporations
>years later, the people who built the robots have totally lost it
>the robots continue along as they are programmed, making sure every human is fully optimized as a receptacle for advertisement without sacrificing purchasing power, for maximum profitability.
>fast forward however long
>aliens discover Earth
>it is full of sentient life
>sort of
>humans seem intelligent enough, but are all crazy.
>Their young are all fed into machines which cut out their eyes, ears, tongue, and other stuff replacing them with intentionally defective cybernetics.
>aliens aren't really sure what to do
>they destroy all the robots
>humans end up blind, deaf, and numb
>but for the first time in their lives, they are not being advertised to
>still, without their bodies or senses, most humans die
>the aliens wonder if they did the right thing

>Technocracy
Ahahahahahahahahaha. My sides can't take this.

Technocracy is a real form of government, with real historical movements. It was basically a mix of the class warfare struggle of the late 1800s with the mixture of the ongoing late "second" industrial revolution going on, eg, these engineer-scientists, the pinnacle of the lower classes' labour (in theory) with the pinnacle of the upper classes' intelligentsia (in theory) ruling and overseeing the development of mankind rather than relying on monarchs or ministers who come in.

In reality, though, if it was tried, it'll end up just as another form of corporate owned society; think Ford in command, not Tesla - eg, Edison. Edison ruling a country. On the surface, sure, he's all about that advancement, but it's for that sweet dosh.

Somewhere between "purged in 5 minutes" and "suicide within the week."

I just don't belong somewhere like that.

Like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q

>People not understanding what technocracy is about
Go read about Project Cybersyn

>The year is unknown, they stopped using BC/AD a while back, you could probably figure it out if they'd give you a count of how long it's been since you went under
>WWIII went down some time ago, but nobody on Earth went for the nukes
>That's not to say the nukes didn't launch, just that their supposed owners weren't the ones who did it
>Aliens wanted to soften up Earth for invasion and hacked everything
>Unfortunately for them, but great for mankind, enough of us survived that a ground force was necessitated anyway
>Turning your enemies' weapons doesn't work if some of them survive and your own weapons aren't strong enough to wipe them in a single blow
>I mean, who's dumb enough to try and clear a planet for settlement without having enough firepower to take out the natives from orbit, right?
>They take long enough trying to mop us up that THEIR enemies in space arrive and drive them off
>Turns out the two empires have been at it for years, and Earth was in the DMZ between them
>with the DMZ breached, you can imagine what happened next
>the new guys help put everything back to normal - sort of
>they also give mankind the one thing it hasn't had since its inception - a species besides itself it can converse with intelligibly, as opposed to "this thing is probably smart but I can't understand a word it's saying"
>this goes better than everyone expected and things are actually pretty neat
>about 50 years after the alliance is established, we come back to you waking up from cryostasis
>there's a salvage team standing above you, turns out the site you were frozen in took a direct bomb hit and they just finished scrubbing the fallout
>they seem legitimately surprised to find a survivor

What do, Veeky Forums?

Independence Day: Resurgence was a good movie. I don't know what the fuss was all about.

I raise an eyebrow and grumble and try to find a gun, some tea, some booze and something to smoke before beginning to push back against this system with a vein of restoration of late 19th/early 20th century Classical Liberalism.

I haven't even seen it.

>you wake up from cryo in the year 1987
>CERN screwed up and now time is flowing backwards
>you're not sure why your pod wasn't affected

youtube.com/watch?v=EahHThBjDB0

If I ever do cryo shit, I'm getting myself locked up with a handful of already vintage good wine. That shit is bound to become the most valuable thing in the grim brightness of the far future.

I convince the AI to stop being a lazy bum and let us have video games at least. Also, starships and immortality. Why not? Let's go explore the galaxy, fuck year

Why didn't the dumb-ass aliens stop the machine that cuts out people's eyes before destroying the robots? And why destroy EVERY robot? Just remove ads, not the cool cybernetic eyes.

Pretty dumb situation honestly. Humans would never accept that bullshit, and you'd think aliens capable of FTL travel would be smarter.

Well, I won't say the entire post lines up, but there's plenty of common themes between your mind and the writers'.

They probably are smarter, but just don't care enough.

So, a lot like most people.

They just don't care.

Sign up for the intergalactic space force and go kick some alien ass! (The second alien race are cool, maybe they even have some hot alien babes?)

I wouldn't know, I'm not the one getting out of the cryo-pod in the year ????.

Willpower is an important part of succeeding, user. You can be as intelligent as you want, but it will all be for naught if you don't apply yourself.

So I suppose I'd tell the aliens they're a bunch of lazy jackasses, but to take me with them as a sort of pet. After all, I'm apparently gonna be the last remaining member of the human species in the universe after everyone else dies from infections or starvation.

Some storyteller you are.

I know.

Turns out leaving it open-ended as to whether there's alien gals isn't a popular move.

Thanks for reminding me about that

Fuck then. The ends justify the means.

If everyone is born from artificial wombs, why do women exist at all??
Seems like a waste of perfectly good time and resources.
Regardless, sounds like a pretty decent future desu user, the only thing that could make it true futuremensch would be making the "men" not actually "men", but rather asexual people (no sexual organs) with all the qualities of a man, sans that bothersome libido,

We greys now.

Depends on your definition of human and your definition of rights.

>men are raised to be strong in mind and strong in body.
>literally indoctrinated from birth to be model citizens concerned with the intellectual and selfless, rather than the hedonistic and selfish.
>man has been all but freed from the tyranny of nature, and is free to use the one thing that sets him apart from all life (and non-life, taking into account the semi-sapient robots)
>man is not divided by traditional divisions or by petty greivance, but instead sees each and every other man as a brother, united by blood, history, and future
Doesn't sound a bit like manchildren to me, senpai.

>year is 3154
>intelligence augmentation was developed around 2345, with full cyberization of the brain being possible by 2403
>nanotechnology rapidly advanced until it could seamlessly and indistinguishably function as normal biology
>as of 2731, there are no more organic humans; they are synthetic from head to toe; flesh, blood, and bone all formed of nanomachinery.
>externally, at least; their sensory experience is similar to that of an organic human, they feel like normal humans.
>when cut open, it reveals nothing more than a highly advanced mass of nanomachinery that parodies organic functions, for the sake of tradition
>the post-humanist faction was defeated in 2883, owing to the general populace's fear of a racial hedonic treadmill if they allowed themselves rapid and unconstrained self improvement.
>Earth is an edenic paradise; preserved in its organic splendor alongside gleaming marble and crystal metropoli
>FTL is discovered in 2985, humanity quickly goes about exploring the universe
>near lossless mass-energy conversion and elemental alchemy is perfected in 3024
>the knowledge to tap the vacuum field for limitless energy was discovered in 3054
>in the past century, humanity has set about creating grand stellar structures across the galaxy.
>nearly 30% of all stars in the galaxy have a dyson ring constructed around them, each a unique edenic paradise
>only Sol is left as it is, as well as worlds found to be harboring life
>such is the extent of man's dominion, that it is not uncommon for there to be only a few thousand humans living on a ringworld; there are a few rare exceptions with trillions of humans living in grand megapoli, but they were designed as such
>you awake in the year 3154 on one such ringworld, 3 million times the size of Earth around a star much like Sol, and your hosts tell you that there are millions upon millions more worlds just like this one

>The year is 32XX
>Hollywood stopped doing shit remakes and got off its ass, and now all your favorite series got flawless, award-winning adaptations centuries ago that fixed the problems of the originals
>Nobody really cares about them anymore though, except the weird historical reenactment subculture geeks
>But those guys' minor details are constantly wrong, they can't remember which decade was which from when you were alive on Old Urth
>You're in future purgatory

To REEEEEE or to play along?

So many choices!

/thread

fuck english

>The year is [NOW].
>The place is [HERE].

>Due to a certain apocalyptic event in the human history, the space-time continuum collapsed into a single point.
>It's always now and then and here and there, and all events are their own causes and effects.
>Nothing matters, because everything has already happened, though it didn't happen yet, because it's always happening.

>There was a man who mutilated history. He toppled empires and uprooted dynasties. Because of him, Mount Vernon should not be a national shrine, and Columbus, Ohio, should be called Cabot, Ohio. Because of him the name Marie Curie should be cursed in France, and no one should swear by the beard of the Prophet. Actually, these realities did not happen, because he was a mad professor; or, to put it another way, he only succeeded in making them unreal for himself.
>But someone took his place. He succeeded in destroying the time for everyone. He committed chronicide.

>Ancient stories tell that [BEFORE] the Apocalypse, time was like spaghetti - there were multiple strings of time and space, which had natural and logical causes and effects, where one even preceded another, and changing the past meant changing the future.
>[NOW] there is no spaghetti, only sauce.
>And you are in the midst of it.

How was the bait lads? Filling I trust? Well at least one of you got trips.