Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

Hellknight Edition

What order do you want to prestige into?

PoW brawler and PoW vigilante link:
docs.google.com/document/d/1jWw7bVMARxrXfRuOW20NlRqXEnS_XGLPT6LHTbz2qME/edit#heading=h.fr0xm36g4eum
Broken Blade errata to shut up ogres when?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Please search for the unerrata'd content here:
web.archive.org/web/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/riptide-attack-combat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Order of the blinkling.

>What order do you want to prestige into?
The Gate, certainly. I've always been enamored with summoning, and that's the best way to do it, and I've got a signifier build all lined up.

Can't wait for that book to come out.

How do you make venom snek /pfg/?

Slayer 20

Did anyone save the Throwing Weapons update to the weapon style homebrew thing that was posted yesterday? The one that's just a table of how to use weapons. I was on mobile and don't remember what it's called now.

>posted about looking for a game
>RWBY guy asks if I am interested
>say yes
>no reply
Ah well.

Hey /pfg/. I'm confused about alignment and cultures. How do evil cultures exist if being evil means you spend most of your time being a selfish git? You would have to be not evil in order to raise children, contribute to the economy, and so on. Or are evil people only evil to those they don't like as with everyone in real life? Because I seem to recall the Nazis were running kindergartens for blond blue-eyed German children at the same time they were brutally torturing and exterminating everyone else.

There's a difference between cartoon evil and actual evil.

Also, LE tends to be the kind of person that builds nations for their own selfish gain. Kindergartens and brutal regimes are not mutually exclusive.

Alignment doesn't work. Use Moorcock's right-wing/left-wing alignments instead. Those make actual sense.

For example, Leviathan and the cenobites of the Labyrinth are the logical extension of law and order whereas the fair folk of Rakshastan and the traitor Astartes are the logical extension of chaos and anarchy.

>How do evil cultures exist if being evil means you spend most of your time being a selfish git?
Welcome to why alignment is trash.

To answer your question, not all selfishness is equal. The drive to care for young in most animals is really goddamn strong, especially in things born weak and helpless like most apes. You could still be a selfish bastard and raise children, they probably won't be very nice children but that's how this shit works.

Plenty of selfish people contribute to the economy, selfish people want money and goods too. Few things are assholes 24/7 because few things can get away with it.

Evil implies a willingness to screw over those around, you not a compulsion.

well, remember; an Evil ruler wants his possessions to be grand and powerful. to do this, said possessions must be well maintained, even if you're having servants doing it. they're concerned with self-aggrandizement, and being the ruler of the most propserous, powerful empire on the planet certainly fits that.

Making sure your people are well, that they're well protected, protects your interests. this is why there's generally a LE empire ion most worlds; sure the ruler is corrupt and self-serving, but the ones that can see the bigger picture understand that serving their kingdom serves themselves.

>What order do you want to prestige into?
Fuck prestigeing, I want a hellknight base class.

I think we get Cavalier orders.

There been any leaks of Path of the Hellknight or Spymaster's Handbook yet?

this?

We were offered our choice between those two (scheduled for leaking tomorrow) three threads ago. The vote was 50% hellknights, 25% spymaster and 25% penis joke.

That's the one.

I'd take the dick. It seems like the best offer on the table.

Man, ShindoL is fucking weird.

We wouldn't have artists like shindoL if there weren't a millions of people who shared his tastes. It's the same reason pathfinder stays afloat.

Use Garaths 5 color alignment system instead?
Also if you gauge things by their intent rather then the incidentals of the outcome then you can approximate them for the gygax alignment system. If you buy slaves to serve you but treat them nicely and by them pretty things your original intent was evil, even if you're a better slave owner then others.

I wanna ask /pfg/ their thoughts on the upcoming fight my players have in their 2-man mythic game.

>They'll be level 7/MT 1 when they get to it
>fights is vs one owlbear, two Green Hags and one Night Hag
>possible to fight each one at a time, but they're not so hot on the "let's be clever" thing
>hard-way fight involves the coven boosting their pet owlbear while it blocks their progress into the cave where they reside, munching at their faces if possible
>none of the hags or owlbear have mythic tiers, but I was thinking to give them a tier if they do successfully win the fight
>they're a bard5/warlord1 and an UC rogue6

Is this too tough for them, mechanically speaking? They'll have the very obvious option of simply running away, as the cave behind them will not be blocked,

I've already warned them well in advance of the game that it is possible for their characters to die, and they okay'd that. I've also told them straight-up that this will be a difficult fight either way, and that they'll get a tier out of it if they win.

I'm also thinking that if they don't get completely murdered, they'll be 'used' for the most common hag tradition (making changeling babies) and deposited on the edge of the nearby town with the intent of foisting the kids on them after birth.

Thoughts/suggestions/namecalling?

Gareth didn't make the 5-color alignment concept, did he?

That was magic. Magic made that concept, or perhaps refined it? Either way it came first.

Make the owbear an initiator.

>mfw don't give a shit about hellknights or hell's vengeance
>Just want those sweet sweet vigilante talents, and maybe the archetypes
>half the votes get thrown away on a fucking penis joke
>mfw also got shafted on having a session this week because faggot players not showing up
>mfw still haven't heard any more information in months about the game I was invited to, starting to wonder if I was uninvited but never told
>mfw another week starts out with disappointment

I can't even be mad, but I want to be.

Every culture that practices slavery believes it to be morally good. Morally is largely arbitrary since it is based around the ever changing needs of the community.

>spoiler
Perfection.

>Morality is arbitrary in a setting with deities both good and evil that enforce a set moral code
Are you shitposting or just dumb? Like I know in reality you can argue that but when you literally have reality creating beings handing down moral edicts in the setting do you expect moral relativity to come into play?

This is a decent idea.

Thank you.

Alignment =/= morality, and if you think it does you're probably the kind of person who thinks LG is the worst alignment.

Eh, gods aren't reality creating beings. They're very powerful beings, but they themselves didn't create reality, or the things in it, otherwise Rovagug wouldn't be in timeout. Either way alignments are objective in dnd, so morality is very much not arbitrary (even though it totally is dependent on the dm)

Why do we even need alignment? Because of autism? Why can't we just get rid of it or use a political alignment system with conservatives and progressives replacing good and evil?

We don't need alignment, the game was just built with it. You can house rule it out, and they've made optional systems without alignment. Also using a political system like that is only going to cause more issues. I'm tired of hearing SJW this, reactionary that on the internet, I don't want to hear that coming from the dwarf or the kenderscum.

>mfw in my game I had the players leave their alignment space blank
>mfw they asked me 'what about paladins' and I told them that unless they were planning on playing one to not worry about it
>mfw none of them are playing a paladin, so it doesn't matter
>mfw their roleplaying has gotten shittons better now that they don't have to question whether or not some choice or another fits within their chosen alignment or risks altering it

>Why would a selfish person raise a child?
If you're convinced that you're better than everyone else, why wouldn't you want to create others who share your beliefs/genes and can carry on your legacy?

>Why would a selfish person contribute to the economy.
You are confusing selfishness with "being an asshole for no reason". If you know that the leaders of Evilville execute anyone who doesn't contribute to the economy, then refusing to contribute to the economy isn't selfish, it's stupid.

Also, real-life people do not have alignments. Stop that.

What are the best adventure paths, /pfg/?

Reign of Winter. Iron Gods.

My current character is Prestiging into the Order of the Nail, but my favorite order from a design standpoint is the Gate.

>Iron Gods
No

Not that user, but why not? I enjoyed the hell out of Iron Gods.

Hello /pfg/

How do I meathook?

I want to specialize in dragging enemies towards me or using it to swing and climb around place.

How small should a blinkling be?

Update on the lesbo-cuck situation

Session went off without a hitch, the knights are together and it's adorable.

I love iron because it makes low tier class even more low tier and makes it more amusing to watch their suffering.

>Hey senpai, thought you were having trouble hitting things on account of your twf 3/4 bab, why dont I give you this here plasma blade so you can upgrade it to + whatever.

Really big Synthesist with reach, pull and grab evolutions.

I want Roadhog to not go and stay hooking

Can I do it with an Aberrant Aegis instead?

Small enough to be cute but large enough to take the dick.

The what now?

Congrats, how're you feeling post-retcon?

user had a character with a knight-waifu, DM had the PC walk in on her making out with another woman on their bed, presumably to have a Male-Female-Female threesome.

The player got angry because knight-waifu was assumed to be straight and exclusive to the PC and left the session, DM begged forgiveness and player accepted his apology.

>Congrats, how're you feeling post-retcon?

Feels like the last session never happened at all.

Honestly, in retrospect it wasn't that big of a deal; he tried to throw my character something sexy (seriously, who doesn't want their lover to bring an eager young woman into their bed?) And it blew up in his face. I got a bit butt-mad, he got a bit too horrified at his (vanilla) fetishes laid bare, we called it even and moved on with our lives.

I don't always main Roadhog, but when I do, its Play of the Game
Him and Junkrat are the funnest characters to play.

So how many effect can you stack onto shield bash now?
Shield Slam: Free Bullrush
Upsetting Shield Style: -2 attack roll
Stumbling Bash: -2 AC
Shield Material Expertise (Darkwood or Living Steel): Free bleed damage or Free sunder
Toppling Bash: Free trip

What happen when you both have Shield Slam and Toppling Bash? Bullrush then trip? Trip then Bullrush??

Some are chihuahua sized, others can be up to great dane size. The wonders of pets.

Summoner (Synthesist) with size increments, and a Harpoon. IIRC it has rules for pulling people in.

And so ends another episode of "Why the GM should communicate with the players, and why the players should know how to enact the difference between OOC knowledge and IC knowledge and not be shitters about it."

in retrospect, that title is kinda long. maybe "How to Not Be a That Guy in TTRPGs"?

>not Zenyatta
Its like you don't even discord

>How to Roadhog

Grappling Hook and all the Hamatula Style feats. You need to be Large or have Powerful Build to make this work.

Roadhog

Savage Technologist Barbarian
Spiked Chain / Grappling Hook Main-Hand
Shotgun Off-hand

Get the Riptide Attack feat
d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/riptide-attack-combat

Great, now stat the rest of the Overwatch cast

How fairly balanced is the Emperor homebrew class from the maga?

D.va is a goblin.

I'm counting three alchemists in there.
D.Va (Construct Rider)
Junkrat (Alchemist)
Pharah (Winged Marauder Fire Bomber)

Torbjorn (Siege Mage)

Genji, Hanzo, Reinhardt and Tracer would fit PoW classes better

McCree and Reaper are Privateer Stalkers with different martial disciplines

Lucio is Bard.

To be exact, a Thundercaller Bard, since he kills people with his performance.

Why don't they have a painting and paint-swimming character, don't they know how much better Splatoon is?

What is the best way to utilize Throat Slicer? Is grapple actually the best way to go? What about dirty trick? spell?

I'm only allow Paizo-content only.

Hexcrafter Magus with Slumber

Thaco has to be the most retarded thing in ever. I wonder how pathfinder would have been if it had used it.

/pfg/, is Fiendbound Marauder with Fool's Errand the ideal grappling/lockdown build? I want to build one as my cohort, so it needs to be fairly well-optimized just to keep up with the rest of the party; for reference, I am a squishy thrallherd and it is my bodyguard.

Should I bother, or is Zwei Sentinel Warder better as far as bodyguards go?

It's just a way clumsier implementation of the same thing we have now, with negative and postitive inverted. In a videogame or something else doing the calculation for the players and hiding the math, the difference basically doesn't exist. For actual players you just wind up with more people who "just don't get it" and need help every fucking turn.

That actually looks like a lot of fun, there. Curious how it'll play

Nah.

Pharah's a Blaster Armorist with Improved Explosive Orb, and Tracer's a Mageknight using the Time and Warp spheres.

And Reinhardt's a Cavalier using an unwritten archetype that swaps his mount for power armor.

Interceptor Path Reactor Knight, maybe?

>And Reinhardt's a Cavalier

Paladin actually. That particular Paladin archetype that trades away his shiny sword or cool mount for a pretty decent shield.

reactor knights trade out their paths

I'm not too clued on Arcforge, desu.

And Reinhardt just... seems too grounded to be psionic. If that makes sense.

Plus, all he'd need is a proviso in his archetype making him count as mounted while in his armor, and then hey, he has his shoulderslam.

Arcforge is kill and no longer DSP.

Damn, didn't know that. I haven't seen the Arcforge doc in a while, since any DM in my group that isn't me thought that mechs were a step too far, unfortunately.

I didn't say it WAS DSP.

Is there a spell that would allow me to permanently change a weapon (a magic one, if it matters) into an identical weapon made of a special material? Or failing that, something that will accomplish a similar effect but last long enough to be useful? We could really use for our weapons to be treated as cold iron for getting through some DR, but weapon blanches ain't gonna cut it.

And no, upgrading the enhancement bonus isn't really an option right now.

Quick, /pfg/, tell me about the shittiest character you ever played, and why you had a total blast playing them.

A 3.5 soulknife
We started out in a dungeon with no gear of any kind.

My god.

You were king of rusty dagger shanktown, because only you had a shank.

Mind if I use this as a helper for my feat consolidation project?
Cheers

3.5 catfolk binder. Catfolk was inconsequential, and I had no idea how to play a binder.

It was in a 2-person game. The other person was a factotum, so we actually had basically everything covered between us. There was alcohol involved.

Yep.
>"Has a Weapon", the class
>nobody has weapons, so I actually have a class feature up on other people

Slumber doesn't work with throat slicer.

Sleep isn't one of the condition allow for it, the feat even specify that you can't use it on any other kind of helpless target.

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Which is fucking retarded, honestly. Helpless is helpless, regardless of what condition brought that on.

Reinhardt is a Hammer and Shield Warder.

Nope.

Versatile Weapon spell.

alignment isn't shit, its just that most autismos don't fucking grasp the simple concept that it happens to be.