Infinity General: Deus Vult Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale skirmish game by Corvus Belli and an upcoming RPG by Modiphus where fun and tactical play meets the best models in the industry and Space Catholic Knights battle Alien Monkeys on hyperloops.

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Provisional Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
infinitythegame.com/catalogue/

>Rules wiki:
wiki.infinitythegame.com/en/Main_Page

>New Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>N3 Reverse Index Web App (a bit outdated as of HSN3 but still a bit viable to look at)
n3index.bastian-dornauf.de/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8

>The Economically Questionable RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>The Actual Faction Poll
strawpoll.me/5146634

>Scans (More Needed):
mediafire.com/download/a6nel34mw0la3bb/Infinity 1st edition Rulebook.pdf
mediafire.com/download/wd3pbtpjp5w9dig/Infinity - Corvus Belli S.L.L. - Human Sphere.pdf

>Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.infinitythegame.com/articulo.php?f=1&s=1&o=3&id=2511
store.infinitythegame.com/articulo.php?f=1&s=1&o=3&id=2359
youtube.com/watch?v=enUqWuU-Nns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blackjack.

If true, was expecting more shoulder/back mounted weapons not more underhand HMGs.

If that's true, more techy than I was hoping but still decent.

I'm pretty sure that's a haq HI that they had a silhouette preview for recently.

Looking closer it does seem like the Ahl Fasad promo. Also noting the style of the HMG isn't like the others in USAriadna.

Though it does feel pretty America. Guess not enough contrasting greens and glowy spots on the forearms.

Even barring the paintjob, the heavy pistol is absolutely the American design.

And Aleph there only seems to be one design for it. The HMG is Haqqislam, the writing is also not American.

>48009437
>I've seen pics of a fully completed Blackjack model.

>It has Heavy pistol in its right hand, Belt fed heavy machine gun in its left.

>Chunkier, rounder, Azrail, with a helmet that looks like a Moblot recessed in a deep neck guard.

>Right foot up on a broken piece of what looks like a Father Knight.

Welp, sure looks like the Al Fasid tho

If that's the Blackjack it's literally garbage.

Looks way to much like the shitty Azra'il, same exact feet and machine gun. Looks way to high tech too.

What a let down.

Maybe they had just assumed it was a BJ.
Similar color, heavy pistol and a yet the only S5 model we've seen nothing of. No other word of a new S5 unit yet.

Is that Arabic on the wrist and leg? Or just the unit icon or something?

>Looks way to much like the shitty Azra'il
Well the statline is basically one, so I guess they did it well.

Pretty sure that's this .

The star and bar in the middle doesn't help.

It obviously is.
That spoiler-user was clearly retarded.

Or on closer look, there's a dip at the bottom.

This is an Ahl Fasad.

Are any other Haqq that color?

The star is the unit icon the Ahl Fassed Regiment

Leak-user full of shit, Blackjacks confirmed for model release never.

On the plus side, I don't like the model. On the downside, where my blackjack at? :'(

As much as I want blackjacks...not before marauders and mavericks

Yea those have been delayed a while haven't they.

Def looks like the haqq HI.

Are those tiny little arms sticking out from behind him

Looks like. Was probably asked to not show that model or something.

Hint at the Nexus? I assume simply because I really want them.

Its the Ninja with tac bow.

It's a cool model. Not the blackjack obviously.

Funny how the Al Fassads used to be 'knock off Janissaries'. Now they seem to be 'Knock off Az'raels', though rumor has it they're Mech deploy instead of fuckhuge guns. Which would be unique for the fatsuits.

>though rumor has it they're Mech deploy instead of fuckhuge guns. Which would be unique for the fatsuits.

Gee, can't wait to mech deploy my HMG to make it easier to get inside it's 8-16 rangeband...

So is the new ahl fassed the 6th member of the new starter?

Is it just me or is that MG bent?

no Al Fassed

Can you faggots please stop shitting up the WGC group with Facebook green text?

Seriously Esteban, wtf

>I'm going to bitch about something and get all upset
>That's totally going to get these idiots to stop, rather than keep at it or go harder
>Look at how indignant I am

Looks like the new starter has a heavy Caliphate lean to it. I'm wait until they release it as a separate starter however.

Looks like maybe an underslung HF?

That's a lot less impressive than the silhouette. It looks like a shitty Azra'il knockoff.

The special edition model is awesome though.

definately

>The special edition model is awesome though.
?

I'm holding judgement till better pics (the silhouette is broken by the models on back and this might not be the best possible angle)

Ditto. The angle just makes him look skinny with big hips. He is probably quite a bit deeper than he looks.

I am kind of tired of the "underslung" everything though. I really liked the Geckos holding big rifles and want to see more like them.

Heads up, Yaokongs are the daily deal at Mini Market.

Remote resculpts for all factions when

All factions? I think traktor muls are in a good place. Meteor zonds definitely.

I'm sure they were a modelling nightmare, but it really surprised me when the REM they chose to resculpt was the CA drones. i.e. the ones that actually looked cool

>I am kind of tired of the "underslung" everything though
I feel you. Having a big guy waving his pistol around when he's got a fucking machinegun is also a little stupid looking.

I know they probably wanted to (visually) differentiate it and the feuerbach azrail, but it just does not work.

They look fine. but I wouldn't mind new basic REMs.

IMO the rebots and probots are some of the worst. Those fucking legs are annoying to keep together. Also the Probots are just plain stupid looking.

What about net rods? They could do with some solid construction at the base

Well, I was talking more about the generic S3 remotes. Most of them are old as fuck. Baggage bots and combat remotes are nice enough.

The old ones didn't mix with the new Onyx aesthetic that's being pushed on CA.

The CA's design language changed dramatically, so old Drones look out of place with the new aesthetic.

Netrods really dont need any change. It just dont seem worth the time.

Sophotects, however, could use a new model. They look fine and only need to be scaled up to fit the rest of the newer LI.

>48021722
meant to reply to

Wouldn't mind new Haqq REMs. Kameels are fine, but the older ones are rather cartoony.

Though I'd want them to stay bipedal. Not a lot of those out there.

ah k. I would say just give everything pre N3 an overhaul, but that would be expensive as fuck.
Fair enough. maybe a different face? just a tune up is all I think they need.

Tired of the chicken feet?

More of the flashlight look they have. Especially considering the Shihab. Expect some kind of wacky eye array or La Forge visor to really sell the 360 visor.

The feet are alright, what I personally can't stand are the legs. Digitigrade legs on mechs and robots are cool, but the Haqq remote legs are just backwards and it looks fucking stupid. Just imagine these things running around, they'd look ridiculous.

I can't help but wonder why there aren't more top-mounted HMGs on TR bots. A Sierra or Husong would have to turn their fat robot asses around completely in order to hit someone who's flanking them, and I honestly can't see that happening quickly.

Marauders when Mexicans? Marauders WHEN!!!??

When you hand over all your tesium, seppo scum.

Corvus Belli should so make a skirmish level fantasy game. I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat. Like Mordenheim if it had actual support.

warcrow

I'm not sure why you'd need a new fantasy skirmish game, though. There's a ton on the market (and off the market), many of them quite good.

Warcrow is a line of miniatures. It is not supported by a setting or rule system (although the names and appearances of some characters seem to suggest a slightly Asian inspired world).

Sorry, I'm new to infinity and I keep reading about "possibile new starter" (at least on this board). If I were to get the current one, the rules inside would be the same right? I mean: I know that recently they released some new rules (N3?) but they already repackaged the old rules in the starter with those right? I'm confused

Rules are free on their site, so regardless which ye buy you'll have stuff up to date.

Also basic starters are just minis, have to hop online to begin with.

New starter is not a new edition and the two-player one only has quick start rules anyway. They're simply making a new two-player one, with haqq and yj instead of PanO and nomads.

Asura sexy plugsuit thread? PAINTING THREAD!

Okay, I went on their website and saw they sell both this: store.infinitythegame.com/articulo.php?f=1&s=1&o=3&id=2511

and this: store.infinitythegame.com/articulo.php?f=1&s=1&o=3&id=2359

My point is: if the downloadable pdf has the cover from the latter (that I assume is the old edition) then it means the free rules are not updated yet? (it does say N3 underneath though..)

The rules are free and downloadable from the main site. N3 contains the core rules of the game and Human Sphere N3 is an expansion to the N3 core rules (which is also downloadable on the same page).

All the rules aren't updated at the same time. N3 is the newest edition, but there's also add-ons that provide extra rules. Human Sphere didn't actually change anything that was in the base N3 book, it just added extra shit.

The downloadable HSN3 rules are in the download section of the website, along with a bunch of other useful shit.

Free rules ARE updated but you need both the basic N3 and the Human Sphere N3 PDFs.

Oh I see, many thanks for helping me

Already decided which faction you will pick?

no one paints their minis?

Probably Nomads or Ariadna. I already own some ariadna stuff (pic related) but as I said in the previous Inf. general it was more like a collection than stuff bought with gaming in mind (pic related is beside the inspiration for the resculpted helmet)

I am still working on assemble. Green stuff is drying in the gaps. Airbrush primer tonight!

I am too ashamed of my painting to even speak of it, let alone show it.

Ditto friend

I do. Haven't taken any phots of them in ages though, I think this one's from a year and a half ago...

Not to shill for ol' turd GW, but they do make a product that is worth your time.

youtube.com/watch?v=enUqWuU-Nns

Duncan on warhammer tv youtube channels painting guide is not only pretty awesome, it is also free. It is a great way to get started because of the way he teaches the basics in nearly every video.

It shows how with a few simple steps you can get a decent table top standard for your army. (prime, base coat, wash, highlight) Infinity minis are tougher to paint than most GW stuff, but if you need to start somewhere the techniques transfer over pretty easily.

Just read that article about the sectorials, nice job Kyle

Definitely Al Fassed.
Not complaining. I kinda like it.

Man, I do hope the Blackjack is chunky but not Dieselpunk.
Not that I dislike dieselpunk, it's that it would look out of place even in Ariadna.

From the Haqqislam facebook group.

Is that a lady Tuareg?
I wonder if those are legit leaks or "leaks" like those GW does every month.

Didn't even notice the girl in the foreground was wearing a head wrap.

Looks like she just got out of the shower.

That's a Khawarij I think. The red headscarf is symbolic of them.

I think that's probably the Haqq unit we're getting at some point. I looks like an Azra'il with the numbers filed off and the hips brought in.

I'm really hoping the Blackjack is something along the lines of pic related.

Taureg would make a lot of sense, since Icestorm also had a thermoptic unit facing off against a drop troop (Tiger Soldier)

I was just describing to my friend that my "ideal Haqqislam starter" would feature the Ahl Fassed, Zhayedan (need sculpts), Taureg, Khawarij (need resculpts) and ghulams with the same uniforms as the SWC box.

Guess I'm preordering...

Getting it myself since I play Haqq anyway but can use the Yu Jing side to get a friend playing.

He likes Space China but not the vanilla starter.

I would like to see something like a hybrid between a mass effect atlas and a aliens power loader

Oh my god yessss! This is the perfect starter for me, since Haqq/YJ are my secondary factions.

I actually really like the old Khawarij sculpt other than the fact that his calves are . But he's a really cool mini otherwise. This starter looks awesome though.

*calves are pumped full of saline. That part of the mini is goofy as fuck but the rest of it is awesome.

It's for those sick jumps.

Looks less red to me, plus taureg has TO which is in line with Icestorm

Red Veil is actually a pretty cool name.

so what are the second and third yu jing units shown there?