Shinobi Quest #19

Shinobi Quest #19

This quest takes place within the lands of the Five Great Shinobi Nations (aka Narutoverse) starting roughly around the beginning of the original series. The world of this quest remains similar to the original, with slight but notable differences in certain areas, based upon the passage of time from a single slightly altered event.

(It’s a goddamn Naruto Quest, you bastards. Have fun, participate, and write in when you feel inclined. Most of the outcomes of this quest will be determined by you, the players. Critiques and questions are always welcome, as my knowledge of the weeby shit is not all encompassing.)

pastebin.com/WiPdCqLH

Previous Threads: suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive.html?tags=Shinobi Quest

Last thread, Tsuki Norihime and her teammates took some time to rest in the tourist village of Yugakure after their hard-fought success. After meeting Nori’s godfather, Jiraiya the Toad Sage, the teams took some time to dip in the hot springs. Afterward, Tsuki decided to hit up the shops in town, only to become separated from the group and have a frightful encounter with a man in a black cloak with red clouds.

We rejoin the team as they arrive back in Konoha- a mission well done….

On the end of your second day after leaving Yugakure, you’ve finally made it back to Konoha, and you couldn’t be happier. This mission was fraught with danger, both before the mission even started, and after it had ended. In the days since the incident with the robed man, you’ve really begun to realize how dangerous this world can be.

“Everyone, well done!” you hear Itachi announce upon reaching the front gate of the village. “We’ve completed our mission without incident! There were definitely some unexpected circumstances, but as Shinobi we must be prepared for these twists and snags wherever they appear.”

“Yes!” Guy shouts in agreement. “As long as the fires of your youth burn brightly, you can overcome any adversity! As long as you work hard and believe in yourself!”

You don’t find yourself particularly moved by the praise.

Everyone sort mills about at the entrance for a while, before Itachi and Guy announce that they’ll be leaving to follow up with the Fourth. Everyone else acknowledges this, and wishes them luck.

You…
1. Request to be present for the reports.
2. Stay behind with the others for a while.
3. Head home. You’ve never been so ready for your own bed.
>Write-in

>1. Request to be present for the reports.
Also tell Itachi about that weird guy we met last time.

Tell Itachi about Hidan. And that he said Kakuzu.

We don't know his name, but describe everything about him.

>2. Stay behind with the others for a while.
You, uh, messed up your trip and name wargle

>>Write-in
>Head home and talk to Danzo about what happened and ask for some training to prepare you for what is to come

Shhhhhhh he tryina be ninja.

>Tell Itachi about that scary insane guy

Oops thread ate my trip. Don't mind me~

3 for the reports, and one that is essentially a 4th vote.

Writing...

>3. Head home. You’ve never been so ready for your own bed.

Tell Danzo about Stabby McCrazyfuck.

Just make sure we tell Itachi about them before he's in the office. Don't wanna surprise him

“Itachi-sensei? Do you mind if I come to listen to the reports? I have some other things to say too; things the Fourth may be interested in as well.” you ask, drawing some looks from the others.

“Is this about what happened in Yugakure?” he says, his concern bleeding through his voice.

“Yes.” you reply simply.

He nods, and beckons you to follow him- you wave goodbye to your friends and teammates, and they wave back.

The two jonin are quick, but not so quick that you cannot keep a reasonable pace. You know where they’re going, anyway.

You soon find yourself in the hallway outside the Hokage’s offices. Itachi explains to you that because of the circumstances surrounding the events you witnessed in what is now being called “The Land of Sound”, the Hokage has called a meeting including several of the town leaders. He asks that you recount your tale only when called upon.

You, Guy and Itachi head into the Hokage’s office. Minato is seated behind his desk, with several other clan elders situated nearby. Kakashi is still absent, you notice, probably still in the Land of Waves. Panning around the room, you name off several of the clan heads present for the meeting; Hiashi Hyuga, Choza Akimichi, Shikaku Nara, Inoichi Yamanaka, Fugaku Uchiha, Shibi Aburame… and a few others you don’t recognize.

The three of you walk in, and bow.

“Thank you for coming so quickly, you two. Tsuki, your presence is unexpected, but not unwelcome. Itachi, please proceed with the report.” Minato says, very direct and businesslike, as opposed to his normal way of speaking.

You…

1. Do as sensei asks, and wait to be called upon to speak.
2. Interject at key points with pertinent information.
3. Spend the meeting scanning the crowd, instead.
>Write-in

>1. Do as sensei asks, and wait to be called upon to speak.

Listen to how they react and then go over it later with Danzo to see why they reacted the way they did and how to use it to our advantage

We'll get our turn.

Indeed

However keep a light eye on the crowd, see how people react to things.

>3. Spend the meeting scanning the crowd, instead.

Good little Tsuki waits her turn.

Writing.

You stay quiet as Itachi goes over the mission- talking briefly about the disturbances that rumors had mentioned for weeks; when the description of the attack you witnessed begins, only a few of the elders present seem to react at first; however, when Orochimaru’s name comes up, the mood of the room immediately turns sour. Many seem worried; Shikaku and Hiashi are the only ones seemingly remaining calm. Fugaku Uchiha, though, seems particularly distressed. He’s scowling, and gripping the arms of his chair nearly hard enough to leave marks. He stays this way the rest of the meeting, seemingly not paying attention to anything else said.

The overview of the mission itself is straightforward, talking about enemy compositions and the successful rescue of the Mayor. He does offer glowing praise for your plan to draw out the bandits, and even glosses over the embarrassing hit you took near the beginning. Many of those present are disturbed again when the identity of Yojimbo and his cohorts are revealed- nobody seemed to expect former samurai to be involved.

The crowd murmurs a bit in discussion as Itachi finishes his report; however, he begins speaking again shortly afterward.

“There was something else. Something strange happened to Tsuki here during our return trip through Yugakure. She wouldn’t tell me at the time, but she requested to come before the Fourth to explain.” He says.

The council then turns to you- Fugaku Uchiha’s eyes seem to burn straight through you. Is something wrong with him?

“Tell us then, Tsuki.” Minato says, calmly.

You…

1. Stick strictly with what happened and what you know.
2. Make some guesses in logic that make sense to you.
3. Play up the event.
4. Call out Fugaku’s anger first.
>Write-in

>2. Make some guesses in logic that make sense to you.
But ask Itachi about Fugaku's anger.

>1. Stick strictly with what happened and what you know.
Operate under the assumption others have knowledge that you don't.

>4. Call out Fugaku’s anger first.

Hold His gaze for a moment before turning to talk

Describe what they were wearing and their names, I believe given the events in the former Land of Rice fields this person I encountered fits the bill.

They gave me the impression they were going to watch me and my team until we were out of the area and that they were going to engage us and possibly civilians were I to reveal them at the time.

This don't call out his anger, more stare the fucker down for a moment before turning and giving our report. Hidan and Kakuzu, something about Lord Jashin

Save that for after, but totally agree

These Lads get it

Seconding
Stare Down!

Then after you tell that these are conjecture
2. Make some guesses in logic that make sense to you.

Second.

Sticking to what we know.

Maybe stare down Fugaku a little.

Writing.

>Maybe stare down Fugaku a little.
>a little
>not a lot

There are other people in the room, user. Can't start a scene.
yet

The Red Clouds are coming, remember to make sure we say their names and fashion sense. How they were unafraid to engage and kill and ninja...and Hidan was defiantly not being subtle, so looks like a classic case of intimidation.

Hey dumbfuck
There's a board for quests now retard, get off Veeky Forums and go there.

kek

lol

>Can't start a scene.

I'm not saying we should make a scene.

Just stare his ass down.

don't do it to much...he does have a god damn sharingan

What's he gonna do?

Start a scene in front of the fucking Hokage and his own son?

The Uchiha are a sneaky bunch.

Got damn eye-niggers. Should have purged them all back in '73... *grumble grumble*

Why again are we acting hostile?

In front of his own son?

We're not acting hostile. Just staring his cunt ass down.

Okay, why are we staring at anybody?

'Cause he's staring at us.

Didn't you read the previous posts by Wargle?

Yeah, there's the disconnect sorry.

Why are we staring back at somebody who's not our peer?

>Why are we staring back at somebody who's not our peer?

'Cause he's being an asshole.

So we're having a stare down.

Oh, I like you.

>Fugaku Uchiha, though, seems particularly distressed. He’s scowling, and gripping the arms of his chair nearly hard enough to leave marks. He stays this way the rest of the meeting, seemingly not paying attention to anything else said.

The man is having a freak out over the bloodline stealing monster and you lot want to glare at him.
> Gee guys, he's probably terrified for his 12 year old son with magic easily stolen eyeballs. What a dickhead, better give the stink eye!

>over the bloodline stealing monster

The way he's looking at Tsuki makes it seem like he thinks she's involved or for some reason dislikes her quite a bit.

So, until it's cleared up: He's an asshole getting a stare down.

>The council then turns to you- Fugaku Uchiha’s eyes seem to burn straight through you. Is something wrong with him?
Goddamn sharigook needs to chill out and not hate stare at a 12 year old girl.

But he's clearly staring at you very angrily. A little bit of the stink eye wouldn't hurt.

You gives a rough overview of the earlier part of the day, and meeting Jiraiya. Minato’s hardened expression softens at the tales of his teacher’s antics.

“As I ran down the alley, I ran into a man. He was tall, wearing a dark robe with little red clouds. He had greyish hair and ruby-red eyes- they might have been pretty if they weren’t so terrifying. He seemed utterly insane, yelling and screaming like a madman, threatening to hurt or kill me. He kept mentioning a Lord Jashin- took it very seriously, too. He also said he had a partner of sorts, a man he called Kakuzu, although the man never appeared.” you report, reliving the experience.

“He said he’d be watching me. That he’d kill me and sacrifice me to his god. I believe he was, too, at least for a while. I didn’t feel the need to get Itachi-sensei involved at the time- we still had our mission’s success to report, and I didn’t wish to risk having civilians caught in the crossfire.” you finish.

“Black Robe? Red Clouds? If it’s who I think it is- this could even more trouble. And the proximity to Orochimaru’s conquests is too much to be mere coincidence…” Minato muses.

That name again; Orochimaru. At it’s mere mention, Fugaku again tenses up. You look right at him- his fidgeting clear to nearly everyone in the room.

He won’t activate his eyes, not here. They’d be on him in a second. So you keep the gaze. And keep it. And keep it.

Eventually, he stands.

“Fugaku?” Minato says, turning to the elder Uchiha.

“I’ve heard enough. That monster still runs loose, and you parade the progeny of his former comrades in arms in front of me like a circus. I will not simply stay here and be insulted like this! After all the things we’ve done for this village…” Fugaku rants.

Fugaku has two modes.
Smug and Angry.
Why is the Moon Princess trying to give then angry when we could be giving the Smug? We're much better at being haughty.

“Father, enough.” Itachi commands.

“You don’t run the house yet, child. I will never understand why you choose to follow this weekling, Itachi. Did Shisui teach you nothing? The pain caused upon our clan in the name of “peace”? I will not sit here while my son has Danzo’s puppet dancing at my son’s side. It’s a disgrace, Minato.

You…
1. Let Fugaku keep going.
2. Interject.
3 Mention the clan’s great records until Minato’s tenure as hokage.
4. Antagonize him further.

>1. Let Fugaku keep going.
sympathy gone. Give him more rope to hang himself with.

>2. Interject
And you disgrace yourself and clan by acting this way.

>4. Antagonize him further.
Make him cause a blunder by playing stupid about Danzo

>3 Mention the clan’s great records until Minato’s tenure as hokage.

I like this option.

Own this man in the best way. The technically correct way.

As in "Great" records?
If not then

>2. Interject.
Extend an olive branch, Be the bigger woman. "I'm my own woman Fugaku."

2. Interject.

>4. Antagonize him further.

Mention the clan's great records, then say: "Although that might be more your fault than his."

>2. Interject.

"Well if I'm responsible for whatever it is my parents had to do with Orochimaru, then by that logic you should be responsible for the sins YOUR predecessors committed."

>2. "Forgive me my ignorance, my lord, but who is Orochimaru?"

You gonna call the vote and start writing at some point?

Mixture of mainly 3 with some 2 and 4.

Bitch mode, activate!

>Bitch mode, activate!

Shade Mode, more like.

Well really the fuck is Fugaku's problem with Tsuki?

He sees us as Danzo's puppet.

He says so in the previous post.

>my son has Danzo’s puppet dancing at my son’s side

That, and he's just generally a shit.

Not evil, but a total douche for sure.

He can puppet our dick.

Tsuki's angry, She gets colder and bitchier when she's angry.

So we're getting mad because he thinks that we might be subverted by a guy who is known for subversion, and is rude.

He's also saying some stupid shit.

He also implied that our mom was Orochi's buddy.

Stupid and probably traitorous/seditious shit.

Father, I think, actually.

There is probably truth to that I'd wager. I guess Mom and Dad were friends with Orochi at one time.

Sauce (this universe anyway) and Blindy are okay though

I wouldn't be surprised if her dad built him a snake launcher or something.

We need to get a snake launcher.

Sasuke and Itachi are cool.

There are probably others that are cool, too.

But Fugaku a fuccboi.

So the head of the police is just saying that because parents were friendly with a Sannin and have taken in Danzo Tsuki, a child, must be evil? Without talking to her at all? Wow great detective work.

And he also said that Itachi follows a weakling, i.e. Minato.

And he said it while MINATO IS RIGHT THERE IN THE SAME ROOM AS THEM!

You don't have to be evil to kill off everyone else in your clan except your little brother.

Fuck. This is not becoming of an aristocrat, guys. We should be asking who Orochimaru is, what our father did with him, and apologizing for any mistakes made. Seriously, has it not been made clear that our dad is a shady dude who may have done some fucked up shit in the past? We don't even know what is triggering this outburst and we're snapping at him. We're supposed to be better than this. Smarter and more proactive, if not kinder.